What's your razon detra?

1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 7:38:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
What's your razon detra?
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 7:41:37 PM
At 3/27/2013 7:38:36 PM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:
What's your razon detra?

To endeavour to persevere.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Lizard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 7:47:29 PM
I'm a lizard. I absorb sun-light so I have the energy to catch and eat bugs, and I catch and eat bugs so I won't be hungry while I'm basking in sunlight.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 7:56:22 PM
My raison d'etre is a drive to discover as much about the world that I live in as possible.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 10:37:11 AM
What's your razon detra?

*raison d'etre
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 11:15:46 AM
My mom and dad, at least once, had sex.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 12:59:00 PM
Ory nailed it.

But seriously, I want my life to touch other lives. Social work. I still have to find my flavour of social help.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 1:24:27 PM
Pretty sure that's not how you spell that.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 1:30:17 PM
What's your razon detra?

To prevent my daughter from being psychologically damaged, which she might be if I were to die. Also, to take care of my cats. And to have unexpected adventures.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 6:31:49 PM
To have fun, and do interesting things.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.