Total Posts:124|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Single

RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 6:26:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
My girlfriend of 6 years isn't my girlfriends anymore. I don't have anyone else to talk to about it, but I don't know if I want to talk about it. I don't know. I stayed up all night working on a book review so I don't know what I feel right now. I miss her though...
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 6:38:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
6 years. Damn. Regardless of the reasons and the history, that hurts and I'm sorry to hear that. Keeping yourself distracted is a good thing right now but, and I know this sounds corny, don't be afraid to feel your feelings. That sh!t's going to sting for a long time and pushing your emotions down just extends the pain in the long run. Keep your mind active, focus on the positive in your life, stay in touch with your feelings, and let your friends do their part.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 6:41:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 6:38:15 PM, Maikuru wrote:
6 years. Damn. Regardless of the reasons and the history, that hurts and I'm sorry to hear that. Keeping yourself distracted is a good thing right now but, and I know this sounds corny, don't be afraid to feel your feelings. That sh!t's going to sting for a long time and pushing your emotions down just extends the pain in the long run. Keep your mind active, focus on the positive in your life, stay in touch with your feelings, and let your friends do their part.

Thanks
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 6:47:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This isn't really something I can talk to my friends about. As lame as it sounds, I'm starting to realize she was the only person I really thought of as a friend.

Well, other than some of you guys, but that's not exactly the same thing.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 7:03:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Something similar happened in my last relationship. After 10 years together, I realized that I'd let my other friendships end without much of a fight and didn't put much effort into developing new ones. When it was over, I found myself alone without that healing, distracting companionship people need during that time. It took me opening my life back up to old friendships and putting myself out there for new ones that I was able to kind of dust myself off again. It took time, though, which was okay; some introspection at the end of a relationship is healthy.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 7:04:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 7:03:22 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Something similar happened in my last relationship. After 10 years together, I realized that I'd let my other friendships end without much of a fight and didn't put much effort into developing new ones. When it was over, I found myself alone without that healing, distracting companionship people need during that time. It took me opening my life back up to old friendships and putting myself out there for new ones that I was able to kind of dust myself off again. It took time, though, which was okay; some introspection at the end of a relationship is healthy.

Time to introspect then.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
YYW
Posts: 36,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 7:23:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 6:26:22 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
My girlfriend of 6 years isn't my girlfriends anymore. I don't have anyone else to talk to about it, but I don't know if I want to talk about it. I don't know. I stayed up all night working on a book review so I don't know what I feel right now. I miss her though...

That's impressive, in terms of the duration of your relationship. Based on what profoundly little I know of relationships, it's going to suck for now (depending on why you both broke up) but time makes things less suckish.

I know that's a shittty answer, but it's the best I've got :(
Tsar of DDO
tmar19652
Posts: 727
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 7:35:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
http://m.youtube.com...

On a more serious note though, sorry for how you feel now, but it will get easier as time goes by. Other than that, there is no "one size fits all" breakup advice.
"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." -Ronald Reagan

"The notion of political correctness declares certain topics, certain ex<x>pressions even certain gestures off-limits. What began as a crusade for civility has soured into a cause of conflict and even censorship." -George H.W. Bush
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 7:53:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 6:26:22 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
My girlfriend of 6 years isn't my girlfriends anymore. I don't have anyone else to talk to about it, but I don't know if I want to talk about it. I don't know. I stayed up all night working on a book review so I don't know what I feel right now. I miss her though...

Sounds like you need to find yourself a solid wingman, and jump back in the game. After 6 years you're bound to be rusty, but its nothing some alcoho-ahem-social lubricant won't solve.

Oh, and go to a strip club, jus sayin, it helps haha
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 8:36:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 7:53:49 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 3/28/2013 6:26:22 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
My girlfriend of 6 years isn't my girlfriends anymore. I don't have anyone else to talk to about it, but I don't know if I want to talk about it. I don't know. I stayed up all night working on a book review so I don't know what I feel right now. I miss her though...

Sounds like you need to find yourself a solid wingman, and jump back in the game. After 6 years you're bound to be rusty, but its nothing some alcoho-ahem-social lubricant won't solve.

Oh, and go to a strip club, jus sayin, it helps haha

You're a good guy Budda.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 8:40:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Every single thing I own is embedded with memories of her. Everything I do hurts in a new way. This is the suckiest suck.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 8:47:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
if it makes u feel better, happiness research indicates you will be fine the long run (3 months max I believe) and will reach a level of your average happiness level.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 8:51:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 6:47:19 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
This isn't really something I can talk to my friends about. As lame as it sounds, I'm starting to realize she was the only person I really thought of as a friend.

Well, other than some of you guys, but that's not exactly the same thing.

A lot of guys, unfortunately, primarily depend on their girlfriends for emotional support and don't really have a lot of other people they can turn to. It's totally understandable. And it makes break-ups especially hard for guys.

*hugs*
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 8:54:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 8:47:52 PM, darkkermit wrote:
if it makes u feel better, happiness research indicates you will be fine the long run (3 months max I believe) and will reach a level of your average happiness level.

Perhaps, but I was with her for literally every one of my teenage years. She's hard-wired into me =/

I guess time will tell.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 8:54:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 8:51:12 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 3/28/2013 6:47:19 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
This isn't really something I can talk to my friends about. As lame as it sounds, I'm starting to realize she was the only person I really thought of as a friend.

Well, other than some of you guys, but that's not exactly the same thing.

A lot of guys, unfortunately, primarily depend on their girlfriends for emotional support and don't really have a lot of other people they can turn to. It's totally understandable. And it makes break-ups especially hard for guys.

*hugs*

Thanks
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
airmax1227
Posts: 13,240
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 9:00:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Sorry to hear that. I've been there and I know how you feel. I've definitely had my share of heartbreak and know its not easy... I know it hurts a lot now but it will get better. Take some time to heal and then try to move on... You'll find that it gets easier with time... get into other stuff, find some distractions, and just do your best to stay upbeat and positive... it hurts, but you will feel better soon and will find something as meaningful in the future.

..and if you are in my neighborhood, hit me up, drinks are on me.
Debate.org Moderator
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 9:18:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 9:00:42 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Sorry to hear that. I've been there and I know how you feel. I've definitely had my share of heartbreak and know its not easy... I know it hurts a lot now but it will get better. Take some time to heal and then try to move on... You'll find that it gets easier with time... get into other stuff, find some distractions, and just do your best to stay upbeat and positive... it hurts, but you will feel better soon and will find something as meaningful in the future.

..and if you are in my neighborhood, hit me up, drinks are on me.

Airmax lives in Wisconsin. Going there will only make you more depressed. Danielle and I live on the east coast. You know what to do.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
YYW
Posts: 36,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 9:19:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 9:18:02 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 3/28/2013 9:00:42 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Sorry to hear that. I've been there and I know how you feel. I've definitely had my share of heartbreak and know its not easy... I know it hurts a lot now but it will get better. Take some time to heal and then try to move on... You'll find that it gets easier with time... get into other stuff, find some distractions, and just do your best to stay upbeat and positive... it hurts, but you will feel better soon and will find something as meaningful in the future.

..and if you are in my neighborhood, hit me up, drinks are on me.

Airmax lives in Wisconsin. Going there will only make you more depressed. Danielle and I live on the east coast. You know what to do.

Get drunk/stoned?
Tsar of DDO
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 9:20:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 9:18:02 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 3/28/2013 9:00:42 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Sorry to hear that. I've been there and I know how you feel. I've definitely had my share of heartbreak and know its not easy... I know it hurts a lot now but it will get better. Take some time to heal and then try to move on... You'll find that it gets easier with time... get into other stuff, find some distractions, and just do your best to stay upbeat and positive... it hurts, but you will feel better soon and will find something as meaningful in the future.

..and if you are in my neighborhood, hit me up, drinks are on me.

Airmax lives in Wisconsin. Going there will only make you more depressed.
.........

...............

(pssst...... +1.....

airmax is the best thing about wisconsin......)

Danielle and I live on the east coast. You know what to do.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 9:23:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Although you're not really one to talk, Mr. New Jersey XD
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 9:28:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 9:23:15 PM, Oryus wrote:
Although you're not really one to talk, Mr. New Jersey XD

LOL that may or may not be why I just said "east coast." He'd have to wear a bio-hazard suit to visit me.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 9:28:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 9:23:15 PM, Oryus wrote:
Although you're not really one to talk, Mr. New Jersey XD

New Jersey? LMFAOOO, the cesspool of the U.S. hit up Boston Ryu, I'll be the Stinson to your Mosbey ;)
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 9:29:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 9:28:27 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 3/28/2013 9:23:15 PM, Oryus wrote:
Although you're not really one to talk, Mr. New Jersey XD

LOL that may or may not be why I just said "east coast." He'd have to wear a bio-hazard suit to visit me.

^^this is true
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 9:30:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 9:28:45 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
I can only legally drink in Canada either way, so...

That's cute. Seriously, Danielle and I got this.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 9:38:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Get a hobby. Get friends. Do stuff.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 9:39:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
My advice; don't become an introvert like me. It becomes to easy to slip away from life.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.