Total Posts:40|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Gaming Rig? ('Cuz Technology Is Dead)

SarcasticIndeed
Posts: 2,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 11:18:09 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Lately I've been thinking about buikding my gaming rig more and more, but I don't really know all that about its components. While I am aware of the relative performance of them, I have no idea how that translates to real life.

What I am asking you here is, what parts do you suggest for a PC that will be used for gaming (I am gonna try go hardcore) and will offer smooth gaming performance on high settings in late games? Not talking about things such as 4-way SLIs, only things that don't cost that much, but can offer enjoyable experience.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 11:28:31 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Really depends which games you want to play on what setting specifically.
Wanting to play BF3 on low settings or crysis 3 on high settings?
Either way the most important is to not skimp on your PSU because if that goes you run the risk of ruining ruining any of the other, more expensive components.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
SarcasticIndeed
Posts: 2,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 11:41:36 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/2/2013 11:28:31 AM, lewis20 wrote:
Really depends which games you want to play on what setting specifically.
Wanting to play BF3 on low settings or crysis 3 on high settings?
Well, this is still planning for the future so I won't constrain myself to current demanding games. If I ever get around to making it, it will be this summer, or shortly after it.
Either way the most important is to not skimp on your PSU because if that goes you run the risk of ruining ruining any of the other, more expensive components.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 11:43:12 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/2/2013 11:18:09 AM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
Lately I've been thinking about buikding my gaming rig more and more, but I don't really know all that about its components. While I am aware of the relative performance of them, I have no idea how that translates to real life.

What I am asking you here is, what parts do you suggest for a PC that will be used for gaming (I am gonna try go hardcore) and will offer smooth gaming performance on high settings in late games? Not talking about things such as 4-way SLIs, only things that don't cost that much, but can offer enjoyable experience.

Look up pcpartpicker
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 11:44:54 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Get yourself one of these, it'll run whatever you want.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
THEVIRUS
Posts: 1,321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 11:49:36 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/2/2013 11:18:09 AM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
Lately I've been thinking about buikding my gaming rig more and more, but I don't really know all that about its components. While I am aware of the relative performance of them, I have no idea how that translates to real life.

What I am asking you here is, what parts do you suggest for a PC that will be used for gaming (I am gonna try go hardcore) and will offer smooth gaming performance on high settings in late games? Not talking about things such as 4-way SLIs, only things that don't cost that much, but can offer enjoyable experience.

I am 14 and an intense gamer, so I may be able to help you.

I think it would be cool if you combined the components needed on a pc with those of a console, so you could play pc games on a console. I would say 2 trays(1 pc, 1 either ps or xbox) so you get both disc games and download games. I would suggest xbox, but that is my halo bias showing through.

I know you will need to either recode the thing entirely or alter the coding(if you are building of/changing an existing model).

Also, buy a gaming PC, PS3, and XBOX 360(if you can wait get a PS4 and XBOX 720). Take the casing of all of them, and then put the pieces together like pieces of a puzzle.

Then again, none of this ^ may work at all, but if you had relatively good graphics AND were cross-platform---you would make a TON of money. I'd buy it anyways.

SECONDLY, once you have mailed OberHerr and me each a console so we can test and review it(gamers hate getting an unfinished product...) you can make the last updates and changes. The good thing is if you make it good people wont care how big it is. They had arcade games before they had a giant computer, but since the computer was revolutionary everyone wanted one, despite the size. If it doesn't block the tv its good.

You will also want it to connect to tvs in both HDMI and the other red-white-yellow cables.(I have a 17 year old tv, and am hoping to get a new one, but if I cant I still want to be able to use your console).

IF SALES ARE GOOD- set up meetings with corporates or entrepreneurs (or go on Shark Tank) to try and get endorsement, funding, advertisement, etc.

***

Well, that is all I got for ya
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 11:53:33 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
SarcasticIndeed I built my own gaming computer
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
SarcasticIndeed
Posts: 2,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 11:56:21 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/2/2013 11:43:12 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 4/2/2013 11:18:09 AM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
Lately I've been thinking about buikding my gaming rig more and more, but I don't really know all that about its components. While I am aware of the relative performance of them, I have no idea how that translates to real life.

What I am asking you here is, what parts do you suggest for a PC that will be used for gaming (I am gonna try go hardcore) and will offer smooth gaming performance on high settings in late games? Not talking about things such as 4-way SLIs, only things that don't cost that much, but can offer enjoyable experience.

Look up pcpartpicker

Yeah, I know about it, but it doesn't exactly tell me how each part will perform under late games.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 12:01:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/2/2013 11:56:21 AM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
At 4/2/2013 11:43:12 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 4/2/2013 11:18:09 AM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
Lately I've been thinking about buikding my gaming rig more and more, but I don't really know all that about its components. While I am aware of the relative performance of them, I have no idea how that translates to real life.

What I am asking you here is, what parts do you suggest for a PC that will be used for gaming (I am gonna try go hardcore) and will offer smooth gaming performance on high settings in late games? Not talking about things such as 4-way SLIs, only things that don't cost that much, but can offer enjoyable experience.

Look up pcpartpicker

Yeah, I know about it, but it doesn't exactly tell me how each part will perform under late games.

Well then go to logicalincrements.com
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
THEVIRUS
Posts: 1,321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 12:04:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/2/2013 12:01:25 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 4/2/2013 11:56:21 AM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
At 4/2/2013 11:43:12 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 4/2/2013 11:18:09 AM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
Lately I've been thinking about buikding my gaming rig more and more, but I don't really know all that about its components. While I am aware of the relative performance of them, I have no idea how that translates to real life.

What I am asking you here is, what parts do you suggest for a PC that will be used for gaming (I am gonna try go hardcore) and will offer smooth gaming performance on high settings in late games? Not talking about things such as 4-way SLIs, only things that don't cost that much, but can offer enjoyable experience.

Look up pcpartpicker

Yeah, I know about it, but it doesn't exactly tell me how each part will perform under late games.

Well then go to logicalincrements.com

Did you just use those websites? And did you code it yourself?

How much did it cost? I want a gaming computer but don't have the money
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 12:09:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Used them myself logical increments is just a good layout of what you should get pcpartpicker is a more extensive congregation of parts
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 12:12:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/2/2013 11:49:36 AM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 4/2/2013 11:18:09 AM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
Lately I've been thinking about buikding my gaming rig more and more, but I don't really know all that about its components. While I am aware of the relative performance of them, I have no idea how that translates to real life.

What I am asking you here is, what parts do you suggest for a PC that will be used for gaming (I am gonna try go hardcore) and will offer smooth gaming performance on high settings in late games? Not talking about things such as 4-way SLIs, only things that don't cost that much, but can offer enjoyable experience.

I am 14 and an intense gamer, so I may be able to help you.

I think it would be cool if you combined the components needed on a pc with those of a console, so you could play pc games on a console. I would say 2 trays(1 pc, 1 either ps or xbox) so you get both disc games and download games. I would suggest xbox, but that is my halo bias showing through.

I know you will need to either recode the thing entirely or alter the coding(if you are building of/changing an existing model).

Also, buy a gaming PC, PS3, and XBOX 360(if you can wait get a PS4 and XBOX 720). Take the casing of all of them, and then put the pieces together like pieces of a puzzle.

Then again, none of this ^ may work at all, but if you had relatively good graphics AND were cross-platform---you would make a TON of money. I'd buy it anyways.

SECONDLY, once you have mailed OberHerr and me each a console so we can test and review it(gamers hate getting an unfinished product...) you can make the last updates and changes. The good thing is if you make it good people wont care how big it is. They had arcade games before they had a giant computer, but since the computer was revolutionary everyone wanted one, despite the size. If it doesn't block the tv its good.

You will also want it to connect to tvs in both HDMI and the other red-white-yellow cables.(I have a 17 year old tv, and am hoping to get a new one, but if I cant I still want to be able to use your console).

IF SALES ARE GOOD- set up meetings with corporates or entrepreneurs (or go on Shark Tank) to try and get endorsement, funding, advertisement, etc.

***

Well, that is all I got for ya

What? How would that even work?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
SarcasticIndeed
Posts: 2,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 12:29:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/2/2013 12:01:25 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 4/2/2013 11:56:21 AM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
At 4/2/2013 11:43:12 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 4/2/2013 11:18:09 AM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
Lately I've been thinking about buikding my gaming rig more and more, but I don't really know all that about its components. While I am aware of the relative performance of them, I have no idea how that translates to real life.

What I am asking you here is, what parts do you suggest for a PC that will be used for gaming (I am gonna try go hardcore) and will offer smooth gaming performance on high settings in late games? Not talking about things such as 4-way SLIs, only things that don't cost that much, but can offer enjoyable experience.

Look up pcpartpicker

Yeah, I know about it, but it doesn't exactly tell me how each part will perform under late games.

Well then go to logicalincrements.com

Seems really simple and the info is well-laid out. Thanks!
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 1:17:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Also, while building your own is fun and as counter intuitive as it sounds, you can often get a better deal on a pre-built pc than one you build yourself. Usually it's the cost of buying a windows OS that puts you over.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
SarcasticIndeed
Posts: 2,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 2:00:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/2/2013 1:17:22 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Also, while building your own is fun and as counter intuitive as it sounds, you can often get a better deal on a pre-built pc than one you build yourself. Usually it's the cost of buying a windows OS that puts you over.

I probably would have done that if it wasn't for the fact that no one in the country sells appropriate gaming PCs. I'll go looking for my components in other countries if I decide to build the machine.

On another note, I' ve done a very rough calculation of what would be the cost of my perfect rig, and it turns out to be around 1600 euros. Crap.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
THEVIRUS
Posts: 1,321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 3:53:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/2/2013 12:12:50 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 4/2/2013 11:49:36 AM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 4/2/2013 11:18:09 AM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
Lately I've been thinking about buikding my gaming rig more and more, but I don't really know all that about its components. While I am aware of the relative performance of them, I have no idea how that translates to real life.

What I am asking you here is, what parts do you suggest for a PC that will be used for gaming (I am gonna try go hardcore) and will offer smooth gaming performance on high settings in late games? Not talking about things such as 4-way SLIs, only things that don't cost that much, but can offer enjoyable experience.

I am 14 and an intense gamer, so I may be able to help you.

I think it would be cool if you combined the components needed on a pc with those of a console, so you could play pc games on a console. I would say 2 trays(1 pc, 1 either ps or xbox) so you get both disc games and download games. I would suggest xbox, but that is my halo bias showing through.

I know you will need to either recode the thing entirely or alter the coding(if you are building of/changing an existing model).

Also, buy a gaming PC, PS3, and XBOX 360(if you can wait get a PS4 and XBOX 720). Take the casing of all of them, and then put the pieces together like pieces of a puzzle.

Then again, none of this ^ may work at all, but if you had relatively good graphics AND were cross-platform---you would make a TON of money. I'd buy it anyways.

SECONDLY, once you have mailed OberHerr and me each a console so we can test and review it(gamers hate getting an unfinished product...) you can make the last updates and changes. The good thing is if you make it good people wont care how big it is. They had arcade games before they had a giant computer, but since the computer was revolutionary everyone wanted one, despite the size. If it doesn't block the tv its good.

You will also want it to connect to tvs in both HDMI and the other red-white-yellow cables.(I have a 17 year old tv, and am hoping to get a new one, but if I cant I still want to be able to use your console).

IF SALES ARE GOOD- set up meetings with corporates or entrepreneurs (or go on Shark Tank) to try and get endorsement, funding, advertisement, etc.

***

Well, that is all I got for ya

What? How would that even work?

Basically? Convert the sh!t outta everything :)
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:31:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/2/2013 1:17:22 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Also, while building your own is fun and as counter intuitive as it sounds, you can often get a better deal on a pre-built pc than one you build yourself. Usually it's the cost of buying a windows OS that puts you over.

A lot of those aren't as good as ones you can build yourself
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 7:49:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/2/2013 5:31:05 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 4/2/2013 1:17:22 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Also, while building your own is fun and as counter intuitive as it sounds, you can often get a better deal on a pre-built pc than one you build yourself. Usually it's the cost of buying a windows OS that puts you over.

A lot of those aren't as good as ones you can build yourself

Yes they are, I wouldn't have said it otherwise.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
SarcasticIndeed
Posts: 2,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 5:48:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/2/2013 7:49:10 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 4/2/2013 5:31:05 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 4/2/2013 1:17:22 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Also, while building your own is fun and as counter intuitive as it sounds, you can often get a better deal on a pre-built pc than one you build yourself. Usually it's the cost of buying a windows OS that puts you over.

A lot of those aren't as good as ones you can build yourself

Yes they are, I wouldn't have said it otherwise.
It really depends on who you buy from.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 6:04:50 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I built my own two months ago. It cost about 1300 Euro with screen and keyboard. I am probably never going to buy pre-built computers. For several hundred Euro more, most pre-built PC's are not better than mine.

I play BF3 with highest settings. It runs smoothly. I happened to have tried the Crysis 3 beta, and it ran very well on second-highest settings. I believe my medium CPU drew the performance down a bit, but that is the only game I could not run perfectly at highest settings. Ask for the specs if you need.
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 1:16:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/3/2013 6:04:50 AM, Mirza wrote:
I built my own two months ago. It cost about 1300 Euro with screen and keyboard. I am probably never going to buy pre-built computers. For several hundred Euro more, most pre-built PC's are not better than mine.

Most aren't but I could find one or two a few hundred cheaper that are.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 1:35:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/3/2013 1:16:04 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Most aren't but I could find one or two a few hundred cheaper that are.
You can find components that are 30-50% off - or more. Your point?
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 2:38:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/3/2013 1:35:45 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 4/3/2013 1:16:04 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Most aren't but I could find one or two a few hundred cheaper that are.
You can find components that are 30-50% off - or more. Your point?

I'm saying you could build a better value than buying a dell or something, but there are brands out there like ibuypower that put out better pre built desktops than you could build component by component.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
SarcasticIndeed
Posts: 2,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 2:38:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/3/2013 6:04:50 AM, Mirza wrote:
I built my own two months ago. It cost about 1300 Euro with screen and keyboard. I am probably never going to buy pre-built computers. For several hundred Euro more, most pre-built PC's are not better than mine.

I play BF3 with highest settings. It runs smoothly. I happened to have tried the Crysis 3 beta, and it ran very well on second-highest settings. I believe my medium CPU drew the performance down a bit, but that is the only game I could not run perfectly at highest settings. Ask for the specs if you need.

Please tell them. I think CPU is not so vital in games as GPU is, unless you plan to play strategy games.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 3:19:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/3/2013 2:38:04 PM, lewis20 wrote:
I'm saying you could build a better value than buying a dell or something, but there are brands out there like ibuypower that put out better pre built desktops than you could build component by component.
No, not true. There happen to be good offers - but the amount of retailers that have cheap components are uncountable. Assembling cheap, but same-quality parts on your own is most likely going to be cheaper.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 3:26:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
You can find slightly better products than mine for same price or cheaper, depending on where you order from.

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge
RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3-1600 (2x8GB) - HyperX
GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti TOP (2GB DDR5)
SSD (I didn't need HDD.): Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD DNBU - 120GB
Case: Cooler Master Elite 430
Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm QuickFire Rapid
DVD-drive: Lite-On iHAS124
Screen: ASUS 24" VE248H
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme6

I found a very cheap 750W PSU, but I think you should get an expensive one. In the first week, mine made a sort of burning odor - not sure if it could have been affected by lack of updated drivers, which could have made the components draw much more power than they needed. PSU is: Inter-Tech Energon EPS-750CM
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 3:28:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/3/2013 2:38:45 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
I think CPU is not so vital in games as GPU is, unless you plan to play strategy games.
CPU is very useful in MMO's, too. Nonetheless, the games I tried are vastly different, and about all ran smoothly on high settings. ANNO 1404, Company of Heroes, WoW, BF3, World in Conflict, Cities XL, and so forth.
SarcasticIndeed
Posts: 2,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 3:45:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/3/2013 3:28:34 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 4/3/2013 2:38:45 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
I think CPU is not so vital in games as GPU is, unless you plan to play strategy games.
CPU is very useful in MMO's, too. Nonetheless, the games I tried are vastly different, and about all ran smoothly on high settings. ANNO 1404, Company of Heroes, WoW, BF3, World in Conflict, Cities XL, and so forth.

Nice. I think your CPU can be OC'd to be much more powerfull, if you have a cooler. I'm thinking of getting something like your build in an ideal case, though I have no idea if I will have the money. I think I'd buy a bit more powerfull GPU, though.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 3:48:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/3/2013 3:45:39 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
Nice. I think your CPU can be OC'd to be much more powerfull, if you have a cooler.
That might happen in about half a year. Liquid coolers are cheap, and an OC would make it perform extremely well.

I'm thinking of getting something like your build in an ideal case, though I have no idea if I will have the money. I think I'd buy a bit more powerfull GPU, though.
If you get an HDD instead of SSD, and a normal keyboard, it will be much cheaper. The GPU is top-notch from Nvidia's side. Mine matches many 670 models, which are quite a bit more expensive. And the top-670 brands are about 10% better. Not worth the price inflation.

GeForce 680 and over is not necessary for you. No way you will need it to run most games.
SarcasticIndeed
Posts: 2,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 4:06:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/3/2013 3:48:47 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 4/3/2013 3:45:39 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
Nice. I think your CPU can be OC'd to be much more powerfull, if you have a cooler.
That might happen in about half a year. Liquid coolers are cheap, and an OC would make it perform extremely well.

I'm thinking of getting something like your build in an ideal case, though I have no idea if I will have the money. I think I'd buy a bit more powerfull GPU, though.
If you get an HDD instead of SSD, and a normal keyboard, it will be much cheaper. The GPU is top-notch from Nvidia's side. Mine matches many 670 models, which are quite a bit more expensive. And the top-670 brands are about 10% better. Not worth the price inflation.

GeForce 680 and over is not necessary for you. No way you will need it to run most games.

It really depends on what resolution you will play. @1080 it might be an overkill atm, but who knows what will happen in the next few years? That said, the GTX680 will probably be too much pricey for me unless it gets a bit cheaper in the next months,
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac