Jump to topic:

Off to Navy bootcamp Monday

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2013 7:16:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
So no heartless bastardy for at least a few months. My unheartfelt apologies.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
tmar19652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2013 8:25:25 PM
At 4/5/2013 7:16:08 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
So no heartless bastardy for at least a few months. My unheartfelt apologies.

Prepare not to feel your arms for a couple of weeks.
"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." -Ronald Reagan

"The notion of political correctness declares certain topics, certain ex<x>pressions even certain gestures off-limits. What began as a crusade for civility has soured into a cause of conflict and even censorship." -George H.W. Bush
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2013 1:54:58 PM
Good 'ole Great Mistakes... Burn it to the ground for me
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2013 2:09:18 PM
At 4/6/2013 2:07:37 PM, Mirza wrote:
In the institution almost purely funded by tax dollars?

He's an objectivist. The objectivist position is that military self-defense is one of the few proper functions of government.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2013 2:16:01 PM
At 4/6/2013 2:09:18 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

He's an objectivist. The objectivist position is that military self-defense is one of the few proper functions of government.
Correct - and does that go for a NON fee-funded government?
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2013 2:19:59 PM
At 4/6/2013 2:16:01 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 4/6/2013 2:09:18 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Correct - and does that go for a NON fee-funded government?

The use of violent action to collect the funds necessary to fulfill a government's essential functions is seen as an evil. But it is basically at the bottom of the 'to-do' list. In other words, the plan is to fix everything else that is wrong with politics before you worry about how taxes are collected.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2013 2:23:34 PM
At 4/6/2013 2:19:59 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
The use of violent action to collect the funds necessary to fulfill a government's essential functions is seen as an evil. But it is basically at the bottom of the 'to-do' list. In other words, the plan is to fix everything else that is wrong with politics before you worry about how taxes are collected.
Poor Rahl, perhaps he should have become a rebellious cowboy instead?
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2013 2:29:18 PM
At 4/6/2013 2:24:27 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Why???

I expect to soon be reading the op-eds condemning the navy recruit who commandeered a vessel and has since been raiding ships carrying government goods with a knowing smile.
- Hilaire Belloc -
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2013 4:29:55 PM

That exists to destroy other tax-funded institutions the world over.

I expect to soon be reading the op-eds condemning the navy recruit who commandeered a vessel and has since been raiding ships carrying government goods with a knowing smile.
Heh, one can always dream.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2013 12:03:58 AM
Thank you Ragnar & good luck.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 9:55:53 AM
Ragnar's going to be the one they beat with soap like in Full Metal Jacket...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 10:38:57 AM
At 4/8/2013 9:55:53 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Ragnar's going to be the one they beat with soap like in Full Metal Jacket...

lol
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 3:19:46 PM
Ha!

Good luck, if I've not already missed your departure.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."