Jump to topic:

DDO zombie survival partner

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 11:00:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
You get to select one person on DDO to be your partner to help survive a zombie apocalypse. Let's rule out RK to begin with as I view him as the obvious choice, so scratching that, who would you do the honor of selecting to be your zombie defense partner?

I choose tvellalott. I barely know him, but he seems like a pretty hardcore mofo, and knows a lot about zombies. Plus he's Australian.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 11:04:48 PM
Agent_Orange. He's a cop, and could probably kill a lot of zombies, and most likely has experience in basic battle tactics. My skills lie mostly in food gathering, medicinal herbs, poisons, chemistry, and general survival. I'm not much use when it comes to fighting, so I would prioritize that in choosing a partner. RK was also at the top of my list, but I have been denied.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 11:10:58 PM
Well it really all depends on a variety of factors:

1) Physically for
2) Mentally stable and not easily phased under pressure/while being swarmed by 100's of zombies
3) Firearm proficiency
4) Proficiency in hunting and tracking wildlife
5) Amicable and friendly or in other words able to get along well with the person
6) Ability to pick locks/hotwire automobiles, basic petty criminal stuff(yeah, its actually one of the more useful skills

And i cant think of anymore right now. But pure physical strength, though helpful, is minor compared to the variety of skills crucial in surviving a zombie apocalyspe

And just having 1 person with you, for a group of two, essentially ensures you would likely perish. Key would be having a group of 7-15 people. Large enough to fend off large hordes, small enough to remain mobile enough to travel quickly if necessary, and its guaranteed to be necessary
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 11:11:07 PM
An F-16 would be quite useful for transportation...
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 11:14:23 PM
At 4/17/2013 11:10:58 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

1) Physically for
2) Mentally stable and not easily phased under pressure/while being swarmed by 100's of zombies
3) Firearm proficiency
5) Amicable and friendly or in other words able to get along well with the person
6) Ability to pick locks/hotwire automobiles, basic petty criminal stuff(yeah, its actually one of the more useful skills

And i cant think of anymore right now. But pure physical strength, though helpful, is minor compared to the variety of skills crucial in surviving a zombie apocalyspe

And just having 1 person with you, for a group of two, essentially ensures you would likely perish. Key would be having a group of 7-15 people. Large enough to fend off large hordes, small enough to remain mobile enough to travel quickly if necessary, and its guaranteed to be necessary

This is all very true. My father has all those skills, and we already have a pre-agreed partnership with some friends of ours should society collapse (yeah this is what crazy red-staters do when they're bored).

After we pick partners, those partners can later join together in groups!
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 11:16:46 PM
Really, if DDO needed to survive the apocalypse we would spend a week debating over whether or not it's moral to kill a zombie.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 11:17:15 PM
At 4/17/2013 11:14:23 PM, thett3 wrote:
This is all very true. My father has all those skills, and we already have a pre-agreed partnership with some friends of ours should society collapse (yeah this is what crazy red-staters do when they're bored).

My dad killed a squirrel in the bird feeder the other day...he cleaned it our on pool table and made chili with it...
I think it's programmed in the back of everyones mind.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 11:18:17 PM
At 4/17/2013 11:16:46 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Really, if DDO needed to survive the apocalypse we would spend a week debating over whether or not it's moral to kill a zombie.

^ True
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 11:18:57 PM
At 4/17/2013 11:17:15 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 4/17/2013 11:14:23 PM, thett3 wrote:

My dad killed a squirrel in the bird feeder the other day...he cleaned it our on pool table and made chili with it...
I think it's programmed in the back of everyones mind.

Thats badasss you guys should join my team
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 11:19:29 PM

We could just hide out in that bunker imabench made...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 11:20:22 PM

If zombies rise from the ground and an apocalypse ensues, I will take up residence in the American south -probably Texas, Louisiana or South Carolina.
Tsar of DDO
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 11:21:48 PM
At 4/17/2013 11:18:17 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

^ True

And while you all are busy doing that, I'll be getting as far away from densely operated areas as possible, while trying to find a large vehicle that could plow through the hypothetical hordes. A small town population under 1000 would likely work, thats not within 50 miles of another, but within 100 miles of a large population hub, say a city of 50-100,000 pop.

That way you could find basic stuff like a mechanics, gas station etc. and are still within distance of a city for supplies once the small towns begin to run short
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 11:26:51 PM
At 4/17/2013 11:25:31 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Who wants to be my partner?

We'd be jacking a fully loaded cruise ship (with food and such not zombies) and sitting offshore.

Do you know how to run that cruise ship? How would it get refueled, Etc?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 11:26:51 PM

We'd be jacking a fully loaded cruise ship (with food and such not zombies) and sitting offshore.

I'm on a boat!

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 11:27:23 PM

Thats a pretty epic plan actually. Play a nice game of golf on the upper deck while the world burns ...but it lacks long term solvency. If the humans win you're good, but if the undead win your only chance of survival is basically a self sufficient commune, and good luck finding one of those handful once your ship runs out of supplies. Islands maybe?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 11:27:56 PM

1) Physically for
3) Firearm proficiency

In the short term, this is probably true. But once you get a couple of months in, actual survival skills will become extremely important. Many medical supplies, without power and refrigeration, will go bad by then. The vast majority of foodstuffs will rot, The few things that are useful in the long term will be contested hotly, and going for them beyond the very beginning of the apocalypse would probably lead one to come into contact with bands of scavengers who have adapted to survive via predation of their fellow uninfected and the confiscation of their supplies. In the end the succesful groups will be the ones who are self-sufficient, and will probably include those which are composed of people with a varied array of skills. I was thinking that the two people set up was just until you could join a larger convoy of survivors and settle down somewhere remote, relatively fertile, and easily defended.
- Hilaire Belloc -
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 11:29:26 PM
At 4/17/2013 11:26:51 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

I'd figure it out enough to get a few miles offshore, close enough to run like a long boat back for supplies but far enough away that it's a floating fortress.

It would be glorious.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 11:29:49 PM
At 4/17/2013 11:27:56 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

1) Physically for
3) Firearm proficiency

In the short term, this is probably true. But once you get a couple of months in, actual survival skills will become extremely important. Many medical supplies, without power and refrigeration, will go bad by then. The vast majority of foodstuffs will rot, The few things that are useful in the long term will be contested hotly, and going for them beyond the very beginning of the apocalypse would probably lead one to come into contact with bands of scavengers who have adapted to survive via predation of their fellow uninfected and the confiscation of their supplies. In the end the succesful groups will be the ones who are self-sufficient, and will probably include those which are composed of people with a varied array of skills. I was thinking that the two people set up was just until you could join a larger convoy of survivors and settle down somewhere remote, relatively fertile, and easily defended.

Hence the small town under 1,000 in population withon 100 miles but greater than 50 miles away from a city population about 50-100,000
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 11:30:20 PM
At 4/17/2013 11:29:26 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

I'd figure it out enough to get a few miles offshore, close enough to run like a long boat back for supplies but far enough away that it's a floating fortress.

It would be glorious.

Epic plan, I'm in, lets do this sh!t
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 11:30:46 PM

It would be glorious.

Have you been in the bridge? It's by no means simplistic.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 11:31:22 PM
At 4/17/2013 11:30:20 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

It would be glorious.

Epic plan, I'm in, lets do this sh!t

If we jacked it at the right time we'd have to kill a handful of crew but it would be full of delicious cruise food, lots of booze and we could gamble and have an entire luxury liner to sit and relax in until the whole zombie thing sorted itself out.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 11:33:46 PM
At 4/17/2013 11:30:46 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

It would be glorious.

I'd figure it out, in fact I'll look it up now so I'm prepared for this shizz.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 11:34:41 PM
At 4/17/2013 11:29:49 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 4/17/2013 11:27:56 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

1) Physically for
3) Firearm proficiency

Hence the small town under 1,000 in population withon 100 miles but greater than 50 miles away from a city population about 50-100,000

Didn't see that, was posted when I was typing, I think. From the carjacking I assumed that you were going the scavenger route. But yeah, that's a sound plan.

And the cruise ship idea is intriguing. The key factor is whether the zombies would be smart enough to lie in ambush on the shore.
- Hilaire Belloc -
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 11:39:32 PM
Be honest, everyone is kind of disappointed when they wake up in the morning and realize it's not the zombie apocalypse...

Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 11:40:00 PM

It would be glorious.

I've been on the bridges of multiple ships, all cutters, but ranging from the Sentinel Class, to the Larger Ice Breakers. I imagine a cruise ship is less complicate them those. Though admiteddly I know little about how to actually run them, I'd likely be able to pick it up quickly
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 11:44:45 PM
At 4/17/2013 11:40:00 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

It would be glorious.

I've been on the bridges of multiple ships, all cutters, but ranging from the Sentinel Class, to the Larger Ice Breakers. I imagine a cruise ship is less complicate them those. Though admiteddly I know little about how to actually run them, I'd likely be able to pick it up quickly

We're intelligent individuals. It wouldn't be too long before we figured it out.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 11:48:46 PM
We'd honestly only have to figure out how to get it out a couple miles to sea. Then we could figure out everything else from there. The only problem being navigating the channels at harbors are super difficult without the assistance of tugboats, likely multiple ones for ones as large as cruise ships. We need more then the two of us to pull this plan off realistically without fracking it up right in the beginning
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 11:51:18 PM
At 4/17/2013 11:48:46 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
We'd honestly only have to figure out how to get it out a couple miles to sea. Then we could figure out everything else from there. The only problem being navigating the channels at harbors are super difficult without the assistance of tugboats, likely multiple ones for ones as large as cruise ships. We need more then the two of us to pull this plan off realistically without fracking it up right in the beginning

We could find a port without many channels. Like Port Canaveral in Florida is pretty much right next to the ocean. Not much navigating.

And if we F it up we go back to shore like the rest of the suckers.