Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

Ever been to Europe?

suttichart.denpruektham
Posts: 1,115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 12:25:46 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Just randomly asked, I have to go to Germany in about 2 months and planned to spend some more time travel, hope that you can give me a tip.
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 3:15:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/19/2013 12:25:46 AM, suttichart.denpruektham wrote:
Just randomly asked, I have to go to Germany in about 2 months and planned to spend some more time travel, hope that you can give me a tip.

Watch out for pick-pockets and other scammers. Get a chain for you wallet or something. Stay away from ATM machines as much as possible - criminals can hack them so they can steal your info - it happened to us. Otherwise, have fun.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
YYW
Posts: 45,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 3:15:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/19/2013 12:25:46 AM, suttichart.denpruektham wrote:
Just randomly asked, I have to go to Germany in about 2 months and planned to spend some more time travel, hope that you can give me a tip.

What part are you going to?
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,133
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 3:49:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Take in as much as you can, be sparing with your pictures (when you do take them, get people in them because buildings are boring), try new things, hook up with someone on your trip, don't be afraid to take a secret night trip into the city with a buddy to see what it's really like--you can sleep on the plane flight home, buy souvenirs for your friends and family, experience everything and make good memories.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
imabench
Posts: 21,946
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 3:55:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
London Twice and Ireland once.

London kicks a**
DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015

Internet Missing Person Alert: Angsty teen with daddy issues who is a failed horse rapist and also may be a cross-dresser. If spotted, please contact your local animal control or whatever disease-control organization is close by so they may return the species back to its garbage container habitat.
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 4:36:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/19/2013 3:49:38 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Take in as much as you can, be sparing with your pictures (when you do take them, get people in them because buildings are boring), try new things, hook up with someone on your trip

http://www.quickmeme.com...
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
sadolite
Posts: 10,079
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 9:23:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
If you smoke or drink be sure to hit the duty free store before you get on the plane!! Smokes and booze cost a fortune. Marlboro's are better than money.
Beware of the people who are in your circle but are not in your corner.

And with the stroke of a pen people 18 to 21 who own a gun became criminals and public enemy #1 having committed no crime and having said nothing. Just like the Jews in Germany during WW2. Must be a weird feeling.

When I hear people crying and whining about their first world problems I think about the universe with everything in it and people in wheelchairs and all of their problems go away.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 9:42:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I've been to England three times but unfortunately they were only in the airport.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2013 12:04:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have, to Denmark and the Netherlands.

I primarily was in Copenhagen, but did go across the country (Billund comes to mind. Yes, LEGOLand.).

I only stayed in Amsterdam in the Netherlands.
It's not about reciprocation, it's just all about me,
a sycophantic, prophetic, Socratic junkie wannabe.

- The 1975, "The Sound"
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2013 12:19:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
If you drop by Dublin, Ireland; post something and we could meet up. I'll show you around a bit.

And. I'v been to Amsterdam before, it was the best 3 days of my life. I don't remember a large portion of it though. Europe as a whole is a little weird. Since you'll be in Germany, go there with the assumption that everything will be very strange. Oh, and make sure you get a beer. It's funny.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
1Devilsadvocate
Posts: 1,518
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 1:06:01 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I've been to Europe several times, including once in Germany, but all were stopovers so I didn't really get around much.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,133
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2013 9:44:21 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/19/2013 4:36:28 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 4/19/2013 3:49:38 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Take in as much as you can, be sparing with your pictures (when you do take them, get people in them because buildings are boring), try new things, hook up with someone on your trip

http://www.quickmeme.com...

Oh god. That would be awful.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,452
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2013 12:11:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/19/2013 4:36:28 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 4/19/2013 3:49:38 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Take in as much as you can, be sparing with your pictures (when you do take them, get people in them because buildings are boring), try new things, hook up with someone on your trip

http://www.quickmeme.com...

Foreign or Domestic?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion