Total Posts:38|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Interviews

Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 12:09:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Sigh

I know I'm probably going to regret it later, but I've got to ask. Do any of you ever have interview jitters?

I just gave a telephonic interview ( imprompto interview btw) AND STILL got nervous. Like, I completely blank out. Even if I have interesting insights, I can voice them only if I remain calm. Otherwise I get that shivering voice that makes e erything so embarrassing.

Like this one, they called me up because they liked my article. So I'm not dumb, right? But as soon as they call me, I get nervous. Partly it was because I was expecting a call informing me about the interview, and got nervous when they said they'll take a telephonic interview. But still. There's got to be a solution. How do you stay calm when you are insanely shaky and trembling. Because I have no hope if I can't control my nerves.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 12:58:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
1. Phone interview, have a drink.
2. If you go into the interview thinking you won't get the job, you are more relaxed. I gave, IMO, the best interview ever going in thinking there is no way I'm getting the job because I didn't understand leases very well.

However, it is important to note I did not get that job, but I thought the interview went well. (I only have an A.A.S. and little "real" experience, going up against experience and B.S.s, so me not getting the job is not surprising)
My work here is, finally, done.
YYW
Posts: 36,233
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 2:11:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/30/2013 12:09:10 PM, Cermank wrote:
Sigh

I know I'm probably going to regret it later, but I've got to ask. Do any of you ever have interview jitters?

I just gave a telephonic interview ( imprompto interview btw) AND STILL got nervous. Like, I completely blank out. Even if I have interesting insights, I can voice them only if I remain calm. Otherwise I get that shivering voice that makes e erything so embarrassing.

Like this one, they called me up because they liked my article. So I'm not dumb, right? But as soon as they call me, I get nervous. Partly it was because I was expecting a call informing me about the interview, and got nervous when they said they'll take a telephonic interview. But still. There's got to be a solution. How do you stay calm when you are insanely shaky and trembling. Because I have no hope if I can't control my nerves.

So, that's a self confidence issue. The anxiety is caused by a lack of self confidence, which itself stems from a fear of that type of situation. I'd advise against taking a drink. Liquid courage works great at bars, but employers won't take it as a good sign.

Remind yourself that you deserve this opportunity, that you are not only good enough, but that you are an ideal fit for this opportunity (whatever it is). Don't doubt or second guess yourself, because if you doubt yourself, the employer will begin to doubt you.

Think about your best qualities. Prepare for the interview. Think about what kind of questions an employer would ask you, and figure out how you are going to answer them. When you're being interviewed, you want to demonstrate (1) that you are a good fit for the job, and (2) that you are a likable person who can get along well with others. Do that, and you should be alright.
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 2:26:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/30/2013 12:09:10 PM, Cermank wrote:
Sigh

I know I'm probably going to regret it later, but I've got to ask. Do any of you ever have interview jitters?

I just gave a telephonic interview ( imprompto interview btw) AND STILL got nervous. Like, I completely blank out. Even if I have interesting insights, I can voice them only if I remain calm. Otherwise I get that shivering voice that makes e erything so embarrassing.

Like this one, they called me up because they liked my article. So I'm not dumb, right? But as soon as they call me, I get nervous. Partly it was because I was expecting a call informing me about the interview, and got nervous when they said they'll take a telephonic interview. But still. There's got to be a solution. How do you stay calm when you are insanely shaky and trembling. Because I have no hope if I can't control my nerves.

I knew a person who said they went to an interview every week just to keep in practice. I thought it was good advise but never tried it myself.

One thing to note about anxiety is that, for physiological reasons, it can't last. So if you expose yourself to the same anxiety producing situations, you will eventually become calm.

Barbiturates are good too.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 2:35:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/30/2013 2:11:59 PM, YYW wrote:
At 4/30/2013 12:09:10 PM, Cermank wrote:
Sigh

I know I'm probably going to regret it later, but I've got to ask. Do any of you ever have interview jitters?

I just gave a telephonic interview ( imprompto interview btw) AND STILL got nervous. Like, I completely blank out. Even if I have interesting insights, I can voice them only if I remain calm. Otherwise I get that shivering voice that makes e erything so embarrassing.

Like this one, they called me up because they liked my article. So I'm not dumb, right? But as soon as they call me, I get nervous. Partly it was because I was expecting a call informing me about the interview, and got nervous when they said they'll take a telephonic interview. But still. There's got to be a solution. How do you stay calm when you are insanely shaky and trembling. Because I have no hope if I can't control my nerves.

So, that's a self confidence issue. The anxiety is caused by a lack of self confidence, which itself stems from a fear of that type of situation. I'd advise against taking a drink. Liquid courage works great at bars, but employers won't take it as a good sign.


I don't drink, so that's no problem.

Remind yourself that you deserve this opportunity, that you are not only good enough, but that you are an ideal fit for this opportunity (whatever it is). Don't doubt or second guess yourself, because if you doubt yourself, the employer will begin to doubt you.

Think about your best qualities. Prepare for the interview. Think about what kind of questions an employer would ask you, and figure out how you are going to answer them. When you're being interviewed, you want to demonstrate (1) that you are a good fit for the job, and (2) that you are a likable person who can get along well with others. Do that, and you should be alright.

So practice. And have confidence. Its easier said than done :-( I remember reading somewhere that treating something to yourself long enough makes you believe in it. Maybe I can try that out. Thanks!
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 2:40:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/30/2013 2:26:00 PM, vbaculum wrote:
At 4/30/2013 12:09:10 PM, Cermank wrote:
Sigh

I know I'm probably going to regret it later, but I've got to ask. Do any of you ever have interview jitters?

I just gave a telephonic interview ( imprompto interview btw) AND STILL got nervous. Like, I completely blank out. Even if I have interesting insights, I can voice them only if I remain calm. Otherwise I get that shivering voice that makes e erything so embarrassing.

Like this one, they called me up because they liked my article. So I'm not dumb, right? But as soon as they call me, I get nervous. Partly it was because I was expecting a call informing me about the interview, and got nervous when they said they'll take a telephonic interview. But still. There's got to be a solution. How do you stay calm when you are insanely shaky and trembling. Because I have no hope if I can't control my nerves.

I knew a person who said they went to an interview every week just to keep in practice. I thought it was good advise but never tried it myself.

Mock interviews?


One thing to note about anxiety is that, for physiological reasons, it can't last. So if you expose yourself to the same anxiety producing situations, you will eventually become calm.

That's good advice. I'll can get back to public speaking, I think thatd help me.
Barbiturates are good too.
What's that?
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 3:05:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/30/2013 2:40:04 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 4/30/2013 2:26:00 PM, vbaculum wrote:
At 4/30/2013 12:09:10 PM, Cermank wrote:
Sigh

I know I'm probably going to regret it later, but I've got to ask. Do any of you ever have interview jitters?

I just gave a telephonic interview ( imprompto interview btw) AND STILL got nervous. Like, I completely blank out. Even if I have interesting insights, I can voice them only if I remain calm. Otherwise I get that shivering voice that makes e erything so embarrassing.

Like this one, they called me up because they liked my article. So I'm not dumb, right? But as soon as they call me, I get nervous. Partly it was because I was expecting a call informing me about the interview, and got nervous when they said they'll take a telephonic interview. But still. There's got to be a solution. How do you stay calm when you are insanely shaky and trembling. Because I have no hope if I can't control my nerves.

I knew a person who said they went to an interview every week just to keep in practice. I thought it was good advise but never tried it myself.

Mock interviews?

No. They're real interviews as far as the interviewer is concerned. But this person wasn't interested in a job; the goal was just to get a job offer.


One thing to note about anxiety is that, for physiological reasons, it can't last. So if you expose yourself to the same anxiety producing situations, you will eventually become calm.

That's good advice. I'll can get back to public speaking, I think thatd help me.
Barbiturates are good too.
What's that?

Actually i meant benzodiazepines. It's a class of anti-anxiety medications like valium and clonazepam.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 3:11:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/30/2013 12:09:10 PM, Cermank wrote:
Sigh

I know I'm probably going to regret it later, but I've got to ask. Do any of you ever have interview jitters?

I just gave a telephonic interview ( imprompto interview btw) AND STILL got nervous. Like, I completely blank out. Even if I have interesting insights, I can voice them only if I remain calm. Otherwise I get that shivering voice that makes e erything so embarrassing.

Like this one, they called me up because they liked my article. So I'm not dumb, right? But as soon as they call me, I get nervous. Partly it was because I was expecting a call informing me about the interview, and got nervous when they said they'll take a telephonic interview. But still. There's got to be a solution. How do you stay calm when you are insanely shaky and trembling. Because I have no hope if I can't control my nerves.

I think this is a natural response.

Let's face it, if it's out of the blue, the interviewer has several legs up on you. They have done research on you, know why they are calling you, and what they want from you. You have not had the chance to research them, do not even know who they are, and what exactly they want from you. You would have even less of a clue what you would want from them.

The key would then be to figure out how to prepare for this. Know what you're looking for, and don't settle for anything else. Make it clear that out-of-the-blue interviewers are potentially wasting YOUR time, which could be better spent pursuing YOUR goals.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 3:38:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I've struggled with extreme social anxiety for most of my life, and it really screws you up. It makes job hunting a torturous nightmare because you have to sell yourself. It makes it nearly impossible to date. I'm not even totally at ease when I'm having dinner with my family. The only time I'm at ease is when I'm home alone with my cats.

But after seeing therapists, reading books, doing exercises, and everything I could possibly think of to overcome my social anxiety, I finally stumbled on something that actually works. (Gee, that sounded like a sales pitch, didn't it?)

I used to be really self-conscious about my shyness. It was like a snowball effect. I'd be uncomfortable around somebody, sound like a babbling idiot, become even MORE self-conscious because I was making a fool of myself, and that would just make me even more uncomfortable.

So I thought I'd just start being open about my shyness with people. I'd just tell people that I'm shy or have social anxiety. One of the reasons I did this was because people sometimes take my quietness and lack of eye contact as rudeness. When people try to banter with me, and I'm really nervous, it's hard to be jovial back, so I act as serious as I can because it's the only way to feel like I've barely got my stuff together. But then people take that as me being cold and rude. So I thought telling people upfront that I have social anxiety would help alleviate that. That way, I wouldn't be so embarrassed by my physiological reactions to being uncomfortable, and they wouldn't be offended by my apparent stand-offishness.

But what I discovered after a while is that people don't like shy people very much. Women, especially, don't like it. They view it as weakness. Women like confident guys. Your co-workers and employers will think of you as incompetent and not trust you with responsibilities they trust other people with. So if you admit that you're shy, people tend not to want to hang around with you or entrust you with anything. They consider you a burden, somebody to "put up" with, and they're embarrassed to introduce you to their friends due to your lack of social skills. It took me a while to notice that me being upfront about my social anxiety was turning people off.

Around that time, I met this girl who was kind of cute and who came across as really confident and sure about herself. She portrayed herself as a no-nonsense kind of person, but she had a great sense of humour. I also found out early on that she liked confident out-going guys. So I decided to play a game. This was just on a whim. I decided I was going to try my best to fool this girl into thinking I was a really confident guy. Every chance I got to prove my confidence, I took. If there was a situation where I'd ordinarily be very uncomfortable (like meeting her friends), I would dive into it and pretend to be confident. I would initiate conversations, take the lead, ask a lot of questions, show interest, etc. And I would express my preferences openly in spite of my fear of rejection.

After a few months, I started getting positive feedback. For example, we used to hang out with this meetup group, and she would tell me that various people thought I had great social skills (which was a shock to me when I first heard it). One day (St. Patrick's Day, I remember), we were eating at a hamburger place. I had a couple of drinks and a little buzz, and I accidentally told her about having social anxiety. I didn't realize I had slipped up until she said, "How did you get over it?" As soon as she said that, I realized that I had succeeded in pulling the wool over her eyes. So I played along, telling her about how I just decided one day I didn't want to live like that anymore, that I didn't want it to control and ruin the rest of my life. I wanted to live, so I just say, "Screw it!" to the social anxiety. That was partly true, because it's what motivated me to want to play this game.

By that time, I was just getting into triathlons, and I was meeting a lot of people. When I wasn't racing, I was volunteering. During that summer, I began to notice that I was no longer pretending. The fear had actually gone away for the most part. I didn't feel like I was going to have a panic attack every time I was about to go meet people or be around a group of people. I even started looking forward to being around people.

Since then, I have slipped back into social anxiety mode. After having some knee problems and not being able to race, I stopped going out as much, and gradually over time I've resorted to my former ways. So it's not something I'll ever completely get over. It's something I'll have to continuously struggle against. But at least I know now that it's possible, and I know how to do it. For a while there, I thought it was hopeless. I still feel hopeless to a degree sometimes because it's so much work and effort, and it can be discouraging, but it's not as bleak as I once thought it was.

So the bottom lines is this: If you're nervous about going into a job interview, think of it as a game. Go in there with the idea that you're going to try to trick the person into thinking you're really confident, then see if you can pull it off. Combine that with a "screw it" attitude toward your embarrassing physiological responses to your nervousness, and maybe that will help. And like somebody else suggested, try going to interviews frequently, even if you have no intention of taking a job, just for practice. Go apply for a job at Burger King just for the sake of getting practice interviewing. Think of it as if you're playing a prank for a youtube video. Treat it like a game.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 3:44:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/30/2013 12:09:10 PM, Cermank wrote:
Sigh

I know I'm probably going to regret it later, but I've got to ask. Do any of you ever have interview jitters?

I just gave a telephonic interview ( imprompto interview btw) AND STILL got nervous. Like, I completely blank out. Even if I have interesting insights, I can voice them only if I remain calm. Otherwise I get that shivering voice that makes e erything so embarrassing.

Like this one, they called me up because they liked my article. So I'm not dumb, right? But as soon as they call me, I get nervous. Partly it was because I was expecting a call informing me about the interview, and got nervous when they said they'll take a telephonic interview. But still. There's got to be a solution. How do you stay calm when you are insanely shaky and trembling. Because I have no hope if I can't control my nerves.

What article? Is it on a published work?
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 3:45:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
What was the article?
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 7:22:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Absinthe should work wonders before an interview. :)
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 10:41:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Vb: That sounds like too much work. Good advice though. I'll try doing something similar. And I am not too sure about turning to drugs, but that sounds soo tempting right now.

wrich: I guess that's true. I need to imbibe that badassery though, in my personality. Its wierd, I can be frank with anyone, but as soon as someone with a bit of authority comes forth, boom. I turn chicken.

Pilo: Thanks ^.^ It was a beautiful story. And that was actually really helpful. That mind frame, I'll try getting into it.
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 10:46:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/30/2013 3:45:40 PM, Noumena wrote:
What was the article?

At sometime in the morning, Eithan wrote:
What article? Is it on a published work?

It was an article on the Keynesian and Austrian viewpoint of the current economic crises. You've read the draft of that, Ethan. No it isn't published, It was a part of the internship application. I'll probably publish it once the procedure gets complete.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 10:52:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/30/2013 10:51:12 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 4/30/2013 7:22:38 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Absinthe should work wonders before an interview. :)

I don't drink :-(

Think of it as taking drugs instead of drinking.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 10:54:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Google some interview questions that people might ask. Record yourself giving the answer to each question and repeat it so that you feel that you can naturally answer the question easily.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 10:55:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The obvious serious answer would be to become an entrepreneur, if you can't stand interviews.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 10:59:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/30/2013 10:54:21 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Google some interview questions that people might ask. Record yourself giving the answer to each question and repeat it so that you feel that you can naturally answer the question easily.

That's something I can do right now. Thanks ^_^
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 11:01:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/30/2013 10:55:13 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
The obvious serious answer would be to become an entrepreneur, if you can't stand interviews.

Obviously. Why didn't I think of it before! You're a genius, sir.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 11:06:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/30/2013 10:55:13 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
The obvious serious answer would be to become an entrepreneur, if you can't stand interviews.

That only works until you need to hire someone or get a loan/investors.
My work here is, finally, done.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 11:13:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/30/2013 11:01:09 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 4/30/2013 10:55:13 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
The obvious serious answer would be to become an entrepreneur, if you can't stand interviews.

Obviously. Why didn't I think of it before! You're a genius, sir.

I'm telling you, you can just use your connections from the US to outsource jobs to India.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 11:22:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/30/2013 11:13:12 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 4/30/2013 11:01:09 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 4/30/2013 10:55:13 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
The obvious serious answer would be to become an entrepreneur, if you can't stand interviews.

Obviously. Why didn't I think of it before! You're a genius, sir.

I'm telling you, you can just use your connections from the US to outsource jobs to India.

Haha. I have no connections in the US.

Id try doing that, but then Id have people blaming me for stealing jobs :-( I can't have that on my conscience, can I? Its bad karma.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 11:26:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/30/2013 11:22:32 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 4/30/2013 11:13:12 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 4/30/2013 11:01:09 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 4/30/2013 10:55:13 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
The obvious serious answer would be to become an entrepreneur, if you can't stand interviews.

Obviously. Why didn't I think of it before! You're a genius, sir.

I'm telling you, you can just use your connections from the US to outsource jobs to India.

Haha. I have no connections in the US.

Id try doing that, but then Id have people blaming me for stealing jobs :-( I can't have that on my conscience, can I? Its bad karma.

Outsource people doing there own jobs :p.

It's incredibly retarded to think that Americans would be suffering from the outsourcing of jobs to India, considering how much higher people's income in the US is compared to India. There's slums everywhere in India, and you're worrying about America here. Not to mention the whole broken window fallacy committed and the increase in purchasing power of Indians would increase exports.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 11:27:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/30/2013 11:22:32 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 4/30/2013 11:13:12 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 4/30/2013 11:01:09 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 4/30/2013 10:55:13 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
The obvious serious answer would be to become an entrepreneur, if you can't stand interviews.

Obviously. Why didn't I think of it before! You're a genius, sir.

I'm telling you, you can just use your connections from the US to outsource jobs to India.

Haha. I have no connections in the US.

Id try doing that, but then Id have people blaming me for stealing jobs :-( I can't have that on my conscience, can I? Its bad karma.

You're on a website filled w/ people from the US.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 11:37:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/30/2013 11:26:55 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 4/30/2013 11:22:32 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 4/30/2013 11:13:12 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 4/30/2013 11:01:09 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 4/30/2013 10:55:13 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
The obvious serious answer would be to become an entrepreneur, if you can't stand interviews.

Obviously. Why didn't I think of it before! You're a genius, sir.

I'm telling you, you can just use your connections from the US to outsource jobs to India.

Haha. I have no connections in the US.

Id try doing that, but then Id have people blaming me for stealing jobs :-( I can't have that on my conscience, can I? Its bad karma.

Outsource people doing there own jobs :p.



It's incredibly retarded to think that Americans would be suffering from the outsourcing of jobs to India, considering how much higher people's income in the US is compared to India. There's slums everywhere in India, and you're worrying about America here. Not to mention the whole broken window fallacy committed and the increase in purchasing power of Indians would increase exports.

You're just spewing propoganda. I read Fox news. I know the truth.

I am not worried about America, as such. Right now, I just want to work for the country. Yolo.

Plus, the slums don't really bother me. There are a lot of factors apart from affordability at work here. I know they are often potrayed as the epitome of sadness, but its really not that one dimentional.
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 11:40:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/30/2013 11:27:59 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 4/30/2013 11:22:32 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 4/30/2013 11:13:12 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 4/30/2013 11:01:09 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 4/30/2013 10:55:13 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
The obvious serious answer would be to become an entrepreneur, if you can't stand interviews.

Obviously. Why didn't I think of it before! You're a genius, sir.

I'm telling you, you can just use your connections from the US to outsource jobs to India.

Haha. I have no connections in the US.

Id try doing that, but then Id have people blaming me for stealing jobs :-( I can't have that on my conscience, can I? Its bad karma.

You're on a website filled w/ people from the US.

No solid connections from the US. This is all virtual and stuff.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 11:45:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/30/2013 11:37:34 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 4/30/2013 11:26:55 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 4/30/2013 11:22:32 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 4/30/2013 11:13:12 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 4/30/2013 11:01:09 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 4/30/2013 10:55:13 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
The obvious serious answer would be to become an entrepreneur, if you can't stand interviews.

Obviously. Why didn't I think of it before! You're a genius, sir.

I'm telling you, you can just use your connections from the US to outsource jobs to India.

Haha. I have no connections in the US.

Id try doing that, but then Id have people blaming me for stealing jobs :-( I can't have that on my conscience, can I? Its bad karma.

Outsource people doing there own jobs :p.



It's incredibly retarded to think that Americans would be suffering from the outsourcing of jobs to India, considering how much higher people's income in the US is compared to India. There's slums everywhere in India, and you're worrying about America here. Not to mention the whole broken window fallacy committed and the increase in purchasing power of Indians would increase exports.

You're just spewing propoganda. I read Fox news. I know the truth.


Apparently you haven't watched stossel (video). It's on Fox News.

I am not worried about America, as such. Right now, I just want to work for the country. Yolo.

You mean for the government and not a private company?

Plus, the slums don't really bother me. There are a lot of factors apart from affordability at work here. I know they are often potrayed as the epitome of sadness, but its really not that one dimentional.

Have you been in the slums? I realize there are obviously nice parts of India, however there are a whole lot of areas that aren't nice. I mean, considering how relatively low the literacy rate is, I'm sure there are many that live on very meager wages especially in rural areas.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...