Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Is it bad form...

johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 2:00:52 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
to put an obviously humorous and non-serious suicide note on your status on Facebook? I have posted the note for reference.

May 1, 2013
Dear Fellow Pawns;

Since November 1st, 1993 I have lived a lie that I can no longer go on with. I have started each of the last 7121 days by convincing myself that McDonald's would bring back the Double ZestaBurger--if only for a limited time and at only select locations. It was the only way I could get myself out of bed and through the day.

Alas, I can no longer lie to myself about my future. I now accept that it is bleak. I do not control my destiny, nor my happiness. Like all of you, I am just a pawn in McDonald's global marketing plan. The same company that has returned the McRib 707 limited times in the last 19 years has never given my well-being a second thought.

Well, congratulations, you win. McDonald's 1, Johnboy54 0. You have killed my will, spirit and soul; now my body will follow.

Luckily, I will be going to a better place. A place where my happiness won't be controlled by a multi-national conglomeration of fry cooks in cheap suits. While my body will be buried in the same ground where Ray Kroc's is surely spinning; my soul will be with his in heaven. Not here in purgatory controlled by the whims of MBA's from Hamburger U.

Together Ray and I will forever feast on that delicious ambrosia, the Double Zesta Burger.

Sincerely,

Johnnyboy54

P.S. Tell everyone I'm not psychotic.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 2:41:16 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Nope. As log as it's obviously just a joke, it's an awesome idea! But then again, keep in mind that I'm one of those people that has no boundaries to their sense of humor.
Don't take me too seriously plz, i'm rarely on here sober
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 2:51:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/1/2013 2:41:16 AM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
Nope. As log as it's obviously just a joke, it's an awesome idea! But then again, keep in mind that I'm one of those people that has no boundaries to their sense of humor.

long*
Don't take me too seriously plz, i'm rarely on here sober
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 2:58:04 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/1/2013 2:41:16 AM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
Nope. As log as it's obviously just a joke, it's an awesome idea! But then again, keep in mind that I'm one of those people that has no boundaries to their sense of humor.

Really? I would have never have guessed it.

I don't really have boundaries either, I just don't want family members to flood my inbox with don't kill yourself letters.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 12:57:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Just as a general principle: Anytime someone hints at suicide, he is inundated with attention.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
YYW
Posts: 41,725
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 1:23:56 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/1/2013 2:00:52 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
to put an obviously humorous and non-serious suicide note on your status on Facebook? I have posted the note for reference.

May 1, 2013
Dear Fellow Pawns;

Since November 1st, 1993 I have lived a lie that I can no longer go on with. I have started each of the last 7121 days by convincing myself that McDonald's would bring back the Double ZestaBurger--if only for a limited time and at only select locations. It was the only way I could get myself out of bed and through the day.

Alas, I can no longer lie to myself about my future. I now accept that it is bleak. I do not control my destiny, nor my happiness. Like all of you, I am just a pawn in McDonald's global marketing plan. The same company that has returned the McRib 707 limited times in the last 19 years has never given my well-being a second thought.

Well, congratulations, you win. McDonald's 1, Johnboy54 0. You have killed my will, spirit and soul; now my body will follow.

Luckily, I will be going to a better place. A place where my happiness won't be controlled by a multi-national conglomeration of fry cooks in cheap suits. While my body will be buried in the same ground where Ray Kroc's is surely spinning; my soul will be with his in heaven. Not here in purgatory controlled by the whims of MBA's from Hamburger U.

Together Ray and I will forever feast on that delicious ambrosia, the Double Zesta Burger.

Sincerely,

Johnnyboy54

P.S. Tell everyone I'm not psychotic.

Ehh, not really. I wouldn't do it, but I can enjoy when others demonstrate that they have a sense of humor.
Trump's Criminal Campaign and Presidency:

http://www.debate.org...

Where we were, on Trump:

http://www.debate.org...

Russia: The Update

http://www.debate.org...
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 8:36:44 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
To those with a sense of humor it will be fine. More serious family-members and such will probably not respond favorably though, either by telling you "it's not funny" or by assuming there's some bit of truth in there that they should extract. It will end up being annoying to you in the end to have to explain your own joke :P
AKA
Rob1billion
Rob1_Billion
Caramel
Lasagna
Sui_Generis
Posts: 2,804
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 8:59:21 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/2/2013 8:36:44 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
To those with a sense of humor it will be fine. More serious family-members and such will probably not respond favorably though, either by telling you "it's not funny" or by assuming there's some bit of truth in there that they should extract. It will end up being annoying to you in the end to have to explain your own joke :P

Pretty much.
"How true it is that words are but vague shadows of the volumes we mean. Little audible links they are, chaining together great inaudible feelings and purposes."

"You are beginning to become less bland." - Wylted