Jump to topic:

Doritos Or Pringles *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 3:50:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Which one do you prefer here ladies and gents. They are both classic brands, and have stood the test of time. Is it the crunchy flavorful Pringles that does the trick for you. Or is it that tantalizing, and zipping taste of Doritos.
Now not everyone loves cheese. Or do they. =)
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 3:51:06 PM
totes doritos
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 4:29:28 PM
Well, to begin to even understand the factors necessary for comparing these two classic pioneers of munchable flavor-laced morsels, we have to look back into their colorful histories and examine the impact they have had on society and meditate on the meaning they inspire in us to this day.

The transaction and popularization of goods on the market is a phenomenon which we are only beginning to understand through the lens of behavioral economics. We are beginning to see that it is, in fact, not always the product itself that we are buying; but the idea behind the product. Ford isn't more popular than other car makers due to it's operational superiority. It's popularity arises out of the flurry of concepts that seep into our sub-conscious at the very mention of it's name. It's about the American dream and opportunity. At least in the way the company has intentionally painted such a picture for us.

To a lesser degree, this extends into the snack realm. Propaganda is in our every perception. Some of it is planned but mostly we manifest it ourselves. So to truly come to comprehension with the full zeitgeist of perceptional identity that rests in these specific snack varieties, we should find it necessary to take a closer examination of it's history and place in pop-culture, as well as individual sentimentality.

Pringles came into existence in the height of 60s fervor. Procter and Gamble (P&G) created the chip to address consumer complaints about broken, greasy, and stale chips, as well as air in the bags. This would lead to Pringles becoming known as "The only chip company that doesn't sell air". The task was assigned to chemist Fredric Baur, who, from 1956 to 1958, created Pringles" saddle shape from fried dough, and the can to go with it. Baur could not figure out how to make the chips taste good though. His excuse being that he studied chemistry, not fucking taste science. But recent research concludes that he may have just been stupid. He eventually was pulled off the Pringles job to work on another brand. In the mid-1960s, another P&G researcher, Alexander Liepa, restarted Baur"s work, and set out to improve on the Pringles taste, which he succeeded in doing. While Baur was the true inventor of the Pringles chip, according to the patent, Liepa was the inventor of Pringles. Gene Wolfe, a mechanical engineer-author known for science fiction and fantasy novels, developed the machine that cooks them. Because why not? Their consistent saddle shape is mathematically known as a hyperbolic paraboloid. Their design is reportedly aided by supercomputers to ensure safe aerodynamics while packaging.

[This sample has been brought to you by FREEDOcorp. You can purchase the full 200 page version here for only $19.95]
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 4:31:31 PM
At 5/2/2013 4:29:28 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Well, to begin to even understand the factors necessary for comparing these two classic pioneers of munchable flavor-laced morsels, we have to look back into their colorful histories and examine the impact they have had on society and meditate on the meaning they inspire in us to this day.

The transaction and popularization of goods on the market is a phenomenon which we are only beginning to understand through the lens of behavioral economics. We are beginning to see that it is, in fact, not always the product itself that we are buying; but the idea behind the product. Ford isn't more popular than other car makers due to it's operational superiority. It's popularity arises out of the flurry of concepts that seep into our sub-conscious at the very mention of it's name. It's about the American dream and opportunity. At least in the way the company has intentionally painted such a picture for us.

To a lesser degree, this extends into the snack realm. Propaganda is in our every perception. Some of it is planned but mostly we manifest it ourselves. So to truly come to comprehension with the full zeitgeist of perceptional identity that rests in these specific snack varieties, we should find it necessary to take a closer examination of it's history and place in pop-culture, as well as individual sentimentality.

Pringles came into existence in the height of 60s fervor. Procter and Gamble (P&G) created the chip to address consumer complaints about broken, greasy, and stale chips, as well as air in the bags. This would lead to Pringles becoming known as "The only chip company that doesn't sell air". The task was assigned to chemist Fredric Baur, who, from 1956 to 1958, created Pringles" saddle shape from fried dough, and the can to go with it. Baur could not figure out how to make the chips taste good though. His excuse being that he studied chemistry, not fucking taste science. But recent research concludes that he may have just been stupid. He eventually was pulled off the Pringles job to work on another brand. In the mid-1960s, another P&G researcher, Alexander Liepa, restarted Baur"s work, and set out to improve on the Pringles taste, which he succeeded in doing. While Baur was the true inventor of the Pringles chip, according to the patent, Liepa was the inventor of Pringles. Gene Wolfe, a mechanical engineer-author known for science fiction and fantasy novels, developed the machine that cooks them. Because why not? Their consistent saddle shape is mathematically known as a hyperbolic paraboloid. Their design is reportedly aided by supercomputers to ensure safe aerodynamics while packaging.

[This sample has been brought to you by FREEDOcorp. You can purchase the full 200 page version here for only $19.95]

And with all that being said. Which one do you prefer ?
And this time, please dont put us to sleep. =)
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 4:33:56 PM
At 5/2/2013 4:31:31 PM, inferno wrote:

You have to buy the full version for the conclusion.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 4:36:54 PM
At 5/2/2013 4:33:56 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/2/2013 4:31:31 PM, inferno wrote:

You have to buy the full version for the conclusion.

With a name like that, I usually think corn. So Doritos it is for the Fritos guy.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 4:39:31 PM
At 5/2/2013 4:37:25 PM, inferno wrote:
Im gettin kinda hungry right now.

Do you smoke the holy herb of cannabis, inferno?

You should do that and then eat some chips. It's awesome.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 4:43:26 PM
At 5/2/2013 4:39:31 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/2/2013 4:37:25 PM, inferno wrote:
Im gettin kinda hungry right now.

Do you smoke the holy herb of cannabis, inferno?

You should do that and then eat some chips. It's awesome.

No, I do not deal with drugs or any type of toxic substance.
I take good care of my body and my mind.
And you should do so too. =)
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 4:45:15 PM
At 5/2/2013 4:43:31 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
I love Pringles. The taste of Doritos sticks around in my mouth for far too long, otherwise they would easily win this.

Mr Pringles it is. =)
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 4:46:00 PM
At 5/2/2013 4:43:26 PM, inferno wrote:
No, I do not deal with drugs or any type of toxic substance.
I take good care of my body and my mind.
And you should do so too. =)

So I take no coffee, alcohol or aspirin either.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 4:46:42 PM
At 5/2/2013 3:50:41 PM, inferno wrote:
Which one do you prefer here ladies and gents. They are both classic brands, and have stood the test of time. Is it the crunchy flavorful Pringles that does the trick for you. Or is it that tantalizing, and zipping taste of Doritos.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 5:17:31 PM
At 5/2/2013 3:50:41 PM, inferno wrote:

Doritos salsa flavor. They're amazing.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 5:32:15 PM
doritos, chipotle BBQ to be exact.
Pringles changed a few years go, thinner chips, I don't like them as much anymore.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 5:35:53 PM
At 5/2/2013 5:32:15 PM, lewis20 wrote:
doritos, chipotle BBQ to be exact.
Pringles changed a few years go, thinner chips, I don't like them as much anymore.

I've actually had the chipolte BBQ too. They're delicious.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 7:27:38 PM
All about the Cool Ranch Doritos, my friend.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2013 2:48:29 AM
At 5/2/2013 7:27:38 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
All about the Cool Ranch Doritos, my friend.

Yes.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2013 3:19:42 AM
At 5/3/2013 3:12:57 AM, TheHitchslap wrote:
This is seriously a question?

Fvck, not even a contest. Pringles!

Maybe before they sold the brand to Kellogg last year. The chips are way smaller now. So much for the brand that doesn't sell air.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 5:40:35 AM
Jumpin' Jack Cheese Doritos are the ultimate chip.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 9:51:47 AM
At 5/6/2013 9:20:14 AM, inferno wrote:
So is it Doritos or Pringles.

0_o
Beliefs in a nutshell:
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 8:36:52 PM
Pringles, the popular snack food in a tube, are not potato crisps, a High Court judge has ruled.

Their packaging, "unnatural shape" and the fact that the potato content is less than 50% helped Mr Justice Warren make his crunch decision.

As a result, Pringles, in all flavours are free from Value Added Tax (VAT).

Manufacturer Procter & Gamble (P&G) is likely to save millions of pounds as a result of the decision - with customers also likely to pay less.

Spud impact

P&G had gone to court to challenge a VAT and Duties Tribunal decision that the Pringle was subject to the standard 17.5% rate of VAT because it was "a potato crisp product", which are, unlike most food, subject to the tax.

But the manufacturer had insisted that their best-selling product was not similar to potato crisps, because of their "mouth melt" taste, "uniform colour" and "regular shape" which "is not found in nature".

It also argued that potato crisps - unlike Pringles - did not contain non-potato flours, and were not packaged in tubes.

Pringles are more like a cake or a biscuit, it claimed, because they are manufactured from dough.

Mr Justice Warren ruled that Pringles were not "made from the potato" - as set out in the definition laid down by the 1994 VAT Act.

To be subject to VAT, a product "must be wholly, or substantially wholly, made from the potato".

But he said that Pringles did not meet these criteria - being made from potato flour, corn flour, wheat starch and rice flour together with fat and emulsifier, salt and seasoning, with a potato content of about 42%.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 10:19:32 PM
Pringles are more like a cake or a biscuit,

Have you ever laid eyes upon cakes and biscuits?
Beliefs in a nutshell:
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 3:05:58 AM
I dislike doritos, I never buy them. I buy Pringles occasionally so I'll have to go with Pringles.

Pringles are not real potato chips though and they cannot compare with Ruffles and Lays, my favorite brand of chips. Ruffles Max and and Barbeque Wavy lays are awesome. The regular lays in barbeque flavor are great as well. Pringles and Doritos don't match them in the slightest.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 8:38:28 AM
At 5/7/2013 3:05:58 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I dislike doritos, I never buy them. I buy Pringles occasionally so I'll have to go with Pringles.

Pringles are not real potato chips though and they cannot compare with Ruffles and Lays, my favorite brand of chips. Ruffles Max and and Barbeque Wavy lays are awesome. The regular lays in barbeque flavor are great as well. Pringles and Doritos don't match them in the slightest.

Pringles is holding it down right now.