My life Story.

leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 8:53:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
My First Step into the Unknown

At one year old, I was walking by myself in a large dusty city. There were different types of people all over the place. I tried everything I could to stay away from their busy feet. I was very small and hard to notice. I finally found a safe place in the corner of a food market. The food smelled so delicious. I could hear my stomach growling. The pain just kicked in like no other. I was lying by the footsteps of the store. I could taste the food in my mouth. I was starving; there was no other way of getting the food. I had no money and my mom didn't feed me. I didn't want to steal but I had too. I got up and went into the food store. I could barely keep myself up. I was so weak. I made it to the counter where there was bread. I licked my lips and trying to imagine how it would taste. I looked around and made sure no one was looking; when the coast was clear I quickly grabbed the loaf of bread and ran out as fast as my legs could carry me. I walked back to my mom to the apartment where we lived. It was on the first floor number 2.
The next day I was walking down the dusty sidewalk, when I noticed an old man sitting on a crate and collecting beer bottles. I came really cautiously towards the raggedy old man. In my town you couldn't trust anyone. I walked up to him; he looked up and smiled at me. I felt comforted and actually noticed. I sat by the old man. I offered him a piece of bread and he offered me some meat. I was really fascinated by what he was doing. He had a row of beer bottles in front of him. He noticed my curiosity and explained everything to me. I was amazed how he made money. I decided to give it a try. That whole night I was collecting beer bottles. I collected about 12 of them. I went to the old man and handed him the bottles. He paid me a ruble for each bottle. I was so happy. I ran to the apartment to show my mom what I earned. She told me to put it in a jar to save up. The next day I came back with the same amount; I reached for the jar and only to find out it was empty. My anger took over me; I couldn't help myself. I ran away from home never to return.
The old man invited me to help him out. We had a deal; he would give me ice cream and meat for payment if I found beer bottles for him. I searched every night and day. Every time I looked I found more and more. I was so into this job. I could feel my strength coming back to me. I actually weighed more than 19 pounds. This was big for me. I knew this old man was my father. He cared for me and made sure I was paid in full. He also enjoyed my company. I didn't ever want to leave that old man. Well one day when I returned from collecting the beer bottles I noticed the old man wasn't there anymore. I couldn't believe that he left me just like that without saying good bye. I kept telling myself this isn't true and that he will come back. Each day I stayed the night by the place the old man sat. The old man never did return.
I couldn't survive alone with no one to care and love me. I had no friends and no family who cared. I never met my dad and I was constantly lied to. My grandpa and grandma were always drunk. My whole family was a wreck. I knew I should go home. As much as I hate to I have to. I walked alone at night back to the apartment. I walked into the room and just crashed on to the couch. I could hear my mom with her new boyfriend. It was sickening and disturbing. I placed a pillow over my head to do everything to drown out their voices. I fell asleep. I was woken up by a loud noise, something like a gun shot. I was terrified; I hid under the covers hopping they wouldn't find me. This happened often. The men left after they took what they came for. I slowly took off my covers. I peered into the room across. I could see something was wrong. I hesitated to go and find out what it was. I just laid there on the couch paralyzed.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 9:05:40 AM
And how much truth is in this? My daughter is more than twice as old as you were (she'll be three in September and you claim you were one) and she's not physically capable of doing anything you claim you did. Your story would be much more believable if it weren't for that one inescapable detail...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 9:05:44 AM
Last layout of the book, will be changed.

After I was adopted from the orphanage I was in, I came to America. It was a strange place. People were speaking a language I couldn"t understand. I felt like I was in a world of aliens. I got into an American car. I still remember that smell, it"s the smell of new cars. I got car sick. We arrived at the house I"m staying at now. My parents tried to teach me English but it was no use. My brother and I didn"t want to learn. My parents gave up and sent me to a school. I learned English in three months. My teen years went by really fast. I had lots of thrilling things I did, but I don"t remember much. Then I went to college, which I"m currently in right now. I joined the soccer team and the debate team. I was searching for information about assault weapons and came upon this site. I checked it out, I loved it, and I joined it. I have some of the awsomest friends on here. There is one particular guy that has really entertained me and impressed me. We are very close now. I sometimes wonder how we got so close in such a short period of time. He knows everything about me. He figured me out; which it takes a while for people to do. He is the best guy I have ever met. You know who you are. ;) (I was complete without you, but you were the addition that I needed) So yeah, this is the story of my life. Well not exactly, it"s a lot complicated and it"s too long and detailed.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 9:08:06 AM
OK it's a story... I'd increase the age at least five years to make it believable. 5 or 6 perhaps could work...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 9:21:23 AM
At 5/21/2013 9:05:40 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
And how much truth is in this? My daughter is more than twice as old as you were (she'll be three in September and you claim you were one) and she's not physically capable of doing anything you claim you did. Your story would be much more believable if it weren't for that one inescapable detail...

I was neglected, I had to learn at an early age. And my mom told me this when I was 5 so i remember it like it was yesterday. So no I did not forget or stretching the truth.