Total Posts:173|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Top Attributes you Look for in a Mate

R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 6:21:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I was asked at work yesterday what I was looking for in a woman, and the conversation was not finished before I had other duties to attend to. I'd like to continue it here, and ask the DDO community "what is it you look for in a partner?" Be specific or as general as you like...

My list (subject to change if you enlighten me further).

1) A pretty face. If I'm going to look into someone's eyes and tell them I love them, they better be pretty! It doesn't necessarily have to be the eyes specifically, but overall cuteness above the neckline.

2) Hip-to-waist ratio. Wiki has my back here!
http://en.wikipedia.org...
An indicator of "health" and "fertility." Before you lambast me for being too overly physical, I will say that these are the only items I specifically look for physically-speaking. Height, breast-size, ethnicity, etc. is all fair-game if they are cute and in shape. Is that narrow-minded?

3) Talented. They should have something they are dedicated to/good at. A hobby, perhaps. A profession of some sort that takes practice and dedication. Something other than hanging out and watching movies that is interesting and useful somehow. Cooking, arts/crafts, music, intellectual pursuits... I don't care what, just have something I can admire of the intangible nature!

4) Fitness. I'm a fitness freak, and even if you're in shape now, I am skeptical if you will be in the future if you don't have some sort of recreational activity you enjoy. I'm a runner, but anything that gets the heart pumping is game. I believe every person ought to work out, it's not an option - you need twenty minutes of heart-accelerating activity a day or else your health is going to suffer and your mood probably will follow!

5) Lastly, I'd probably say some sort of higher education. I'm intellectual, and I can't imagine respecting someone very much that doesn't at least have some sort of interest in college.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 6:28:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Its telling that three of, including the very first two listed, have to deal with physical appearance...
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
leojm
Posts: 1,825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 6:50:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/24/2013 6:21:57 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
I was asked at work yesterday what I was looking for in a woman, and the conversation was not finished before I had other duties to attend to. I'd like to continue it here, and ask the DDO community "what is it you look for in a partner?" Be specific or as general as you like...

My list (subject to change if you enlighten me further).

1) A pretty face. If I'm going to look into someone's eyes and tell them I love them, they better be pretty! It doesn't necessarily have to be the eyes specifically, but overall cuteness above the neckline.

2) Hip-to-waist ratio. Wiki has my back here!
http://en.wikipedia.org...
An indicator of "health" and "fertility." Before you lambast me for being too overly physical, I will say that these are the only items I specifically look for physically-speaking. Height, breast-size, ethnicity, etc. is all fair-game if they are cute and in shape. Is that narrow-minded?

3) Talented. They should have something they are dedicated to/good at. A hobby, perhaps. A profession of some sort that takes practice and dedication. Something other than hanging out and watching movies that is interesting and useful somehow. Cooking, arts/crafts, music, intellectual pursuits... I don't care what, just have something I can admire of the intangible nature!

4) Fitness. I'm a fitness freak, and even if you're in shape now, I am skeptical if you will be in the future if you don't have some sort of recreational activity you enjoy. I'm a runner, but anything that gets the heart pumping is game. I believe every person ought to work out, it's not an option - you need twenty minutes of heart-accelerating activity a day or else your health is going to suffer and your mood probably will follow!

5) Lastly, I'd probably say some sort of higher education. I'm intellectual, and I can't imagine respecting someone very much that doesn't at least have some sort of interest in college.

I pretty much fit this criteria. :P
leojm
Posts: 1,825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 7:02:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/24/2013 6:50:04 PM, leojm wrote:
At 5/24/2013 6:21:57 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
I was asked at work yesterday what I was looking for in a woman, and the conversation was not finished before I had other duties to attend to. I'd like to continue it here, and ask the DDO community "what is it you look for in a partner?" Be specific or as general as you like...

My list (subject to change if you enlighten me further).

1) A pretty face. If I'm going to look into someone's eyes and tell them I love them, they better be pretty! It doesn't necessarily have to be the eyes specifically, but overall cuteness above the neckline.

2) Hip-to-waist ratio. Wiki has my back here!
http://en.wikipedia.org...
An indicator of "health" and "fertility." Before you lambast me for being too overly physical, I will say that these are the only items I specifically look for physically-speaking. Height, breast-size, ethnicity, etc. is all fair-game if they are cute and in shape. Is that narrow-minded?

3) Talented. They should have something they are dedicated to/good at. A hobby, perhaps. A profession of some sort that takes practice and dedication. Something other than hanging out and watching movies that is interesting and useful somehow. Cooking, arts/crafts, music, intellectual pursuits... I don't care what, just have something I can admire of the intangible nature!

4) Fitness. I'm a fitness freak, and even if you're in shape now, I am skeptical if you will be in the future if you don't have some sort of recreational activity you enjoy. I'm a runner, but anything that gets the heart pumping is game. I believe every person ought to work out, it's not an option - you need twenty minutes of heart-accelerating activity a day or else your health is going to suffer and your mood probably will follow!

5) Lastly, I'd probably say some sort of higher education. I'm intellectual, and I can't imagine respecting someone very much that doesn't at least have some sort of interest in college.

I pretty much fit this criteria. :P

I'm not to thin, I'm thin enough that I'm not fat. I only do weigh 95lbs.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 7:12:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/24/2013 6:24:03 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Personality doesn't make your list at all?

Who has time for that? He's got hip-to-waist ratios to check!
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 7:24:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
1) Gotta have a great sense of humor. This is a must for me. I want someone who enjoys laughing and joking around as much as I do, and as much of a crazy goof as I am XD

TUF said it best on tinychat the other night, "Buddamoose: Serious on DDO, troll in real life." And I totally am, and I want someone who is like that too, for the latter that is

2) Had to be above-average intelligence wise. Like, if you are stupid, I am not interested.

3) Has to be a blast to talk with. I consider the ability to hold a conversation, an art form, and I look for a person to date who is as much an artist as I am when it comes to this. Essentially, If I can't get enough of talking to you, you are 6/10ths of the way to already having my heart

4) Appearance wise: *insert Julie(Leojm's description of her own appearance here). I fvck with you not, its been like that for ideality appearance wise for a long time. Not just saying it cause she'll be reading this lmao
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 8:08:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
1) Good looking. Because, who are we kidding?

2) Funny. I want someone who I can have a good time with; who makes me laugh and maybe thinks I'm a little funny too :p

3) Weird/nerdy. He has to be a little weird and nerdy. I'm really weird and need to be with someone who's okay with that. But he has to be both, and not just one of those things. I've dated too many guys who had some initial conception of me and put me on a pedestal, and then realized afterward I wasn't who they thought I was. I'm not attractive all the time and yeah, most of the time I make funny faces or say things in a funny voice. Is he cool with that? Check? Let's get married :D

4) Level-headed. I'm very hot-headed and stubborn and passionate and emotional. My emotions fly high all the time. I need someone to be able to hold steady while I spin out of control and spin back :p Because I like to do things right now, I need someone who doesn't always give me want I want exactly when I want it, and who can pull the reigns on both of us.

5) Sweet. I'm a romantic and I need someone who is sweet and affectionate and shows it, and tells me.

6) Intelligent. While I'm saying this 6th, it's actually one of the most important. I need someone I can have DDO-type conversations with ^_^ Someone I can discuss important issues with. Now that I've seen the difference in dating people with and without university degrees, I need my partner to have one. Not simply to show he's intelligence, but to show he's capable of finishing something.

I'm sure there's more, but I have to go.
yang.
Agent_Orange
Posts: 2,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 8:11:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm with Rob. Physical appearance is important. I'm an ugly dude. I look like a reject Shaq. I can't be with an ugly woman. That's....gross. My wife is crazy beautiful. I had her picture as my default but kept getting hit on. So I changed it. And banned her from the internet.

Personality wise, she's also amazingly witty and the kindest person I know. But she's also a new age hippie conspiracy theorist. Naturally we debate a lot.
#BlackLivesMatter
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 8:26:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/24/2013 8:11:10 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
I'm with Rob. Physical appearance is important. I'm an ugly dude. I look like a reject Shaq. I can't be with an ugly woman. That's....gross.

Good thing your wife didn't feel that way.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 8:28:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/24/2013 8:26:46 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 5/24/2013 8:11:10 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
I'm with Rob. Physical appearance is important. I'm an ugly dude. I look like a reject Shaq. I can't be with an ugly woman. That's....gross.

Good thing your wife didn't feel that way.

ZING
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Agent_Orange
Posts: 2,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 8:29:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/24/2013 8:26:46 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 5/24/2013 8:11:10 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
I'm with Rob. Physical appearance is important. I'm an ugly dude. I look like a reject Shaq. I can't be with an ugly woman. That's....gross.

Good thing your wife didn't feel that way.

Exactly.
#BlackLivesMatter
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 8:30:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
@Maikuru- http://imgur.com...
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Agent_Orange
Posts: 2,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 8:34:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/24/2013 8:28:00 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 5/24/2013 8:26:46 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 5/24/2013 8:11:10 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
I'm with Rob. Physical appearance is important. I'm an ugly dude. I look like a reject Shaq. I can't be with an ugly woman. That's....gross.

Good thing your wife didn't feel that way.

ZING

That was a joke at my expense? Kinda just seemed like he was stating fact.
#BlackLivesMatter
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 8:36:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/24/2013 8:34:27 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 5/24/2013 8:28:00 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 5/24/2013 8:26:46 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 5/24/2013 8:11:10 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
I'm with Rob. Physical appearance is important. I'm an ugly dude. I look like a reject Shaq. I can't be with an ugly woman. That's....gross.

Good thing your wife didn't feel that way.

ZING

That was a joke at my expense? Kinda just seemed like he was stating fact.

I took it as ironic humor, but you could be correct
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 8:42:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/24/2013 8:36:46 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 5/24/2013 8:34:27 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 5/24/2013 8:28:00 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 5/24/2013 8:26:46 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 5/24/2013 8:11:10 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
I'm with Rob. Physical appearance is important. I'm an ugly dude. I look like a reject Shaq. I can't be with an ugly woman. That's....gross.

Good thing your wife didn't feel that way.

ZING

That was a joke at my expense? Kinda just seemed like he was stating fact.

I took it as ironic humor, but you could be correct
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 8:55:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
My last long-term relationship was with a woman who is going to university to be a nurse on scholarship, the lowest mark she ever got was an 80, she had a 122 IQ, a 200lb squat, she was a provincial champion archer, an amazing flutist, she could draw better than me, and she had the best figure of any woman I've met as of writing this.

So, I guess I'm looking for someone who:
1. Has a minimum IQ 1SD above the norm
2. Is pursuing a lucrative career
3. Is pretty
4. Is athletic
5. Is provincially renowned at something (or state-wide renowned for you Americans)
6. Physically strong
7. Talented at something artistic

...

Now excuse me while I go splatter my brains out on the sidewalk.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 8:55:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
7) Interesting. I like people who have interesting things to say, which is separate from being funny or intelligent. I mean, you could be the most intelligent person in the world but I'm going to be bored if you're talking about mathematical concepts or bridges -__- The other day Maikuru and I were looking at the moon and that in and of itself is romantic, but then he had some fun facts about the moon, which is such a turn on :D

8) Honest and open. Again, one of the most important things. I hate people who play games or take my honesty and openness for granted.

9) Responsible. This sort of goes with level-headedness, but he needs to be stable and hold himself accountable for his actions.

10) Someone who strives for personal growth. A lot of guys think "I've got the girl, I can stop trying". No. I'm never satisfied with things as they are; I'm always trying to better myself and I think it's important for my partner to strive for "better" as well.

Gah, there are a whole ton of attributes I look for, like good communicator, amazing in bed, kind to other people, smells nice, nice legs, chest, shoulders and back, big, soft lips, big hands, great smile, pretty eyes, some sense of style or a willingness to be dressed by me, etc. etc.

I can safely say Maikuru fits all the criteria I listed ^_^
yang.
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 8:58:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/24/2013 8:42:33 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 5/24/2013 8:36:46 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 5/24/2013 8:34:27 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 5/24/2013 8:28:00 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 5/24/2013 8:26:46 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 5/24/2013 8:11:10 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
I'm with Rob. Physical appearance is important. I'm an ugly dude. I look like a reject Shaq. I can't be with an ugly woman. That's....gross.

Good thing your wife didn't feel that way.

ZING

That was a joke at my expense? Kinda just seemed like he was stating fact.

I took it as ironic humor, but you could be correct



Yeah, I totally just pictured you doing that and now I'm scarred for life. Kthxbai
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 9:02:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/24/2013 8:11:10 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
I'm with Rob. Physical appearance is important. I'm an ugly dude. I look like a reject Shaq. I can't be with an ugly woman. That's....gross. My wife is crazy beautiful. I had her picture as my default but kept getting hit on. So I changed it. And banned her from the internet.


That's.... my biggest pet peeve.
yang.
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 9:03:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/24/2013 9:02:10 PM, tulle wrote:
At 5/24/2013 8:11:10 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
I'm with Rob. Physical appearance is important. I'm an ugly dude. I look like a reject Shaq. I can't be with an ugly woman. That's....gross. My wife is crazy beautiful. I had her picture as my default but kept getting hit on. So I changed it. And banned her from the internet.


That's.... my biggest pet peeve.

Ugly women? Or Shaq rejects?
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 9:05:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/24/2013 8:55:54 PM, tulle wrote:
7) Interesting. I like people who have interesting things to say, which is separate from being funny or intelligent. I mean, you could be the most intelligent person in the world but I'm going to be bored if you're talking about mathematical concepts or bridges -__- The other day Maikuru and I were looking at the moon and that in and of itself is romantic, but then he had some fun facts about the moon, which is such a turn on :D

8) Honest and open. Again, one of the most important things. I hate people who play games or take my honesty and openness for granted.

9) Responsible. This sort of goes with level-headedness, but he needs to be stable and hold himself accountable for his actions.

10) Someone who strives for personal growth. A lot of guys think "I've got the girl, I can stop trying". No. I'm never satisfied with things as they are; I'm always trying to better myself and I think it's important for my partner to strive for "better" as well.

Gah, there are a whole ton of attributes I look for, like good communicator, amazing in bed, kind to other people, smells nice, nice legs, chest, shoulders and back, big, soft lips, big hands, great smile, pretty eyes, some sense of style or a willingness to be dressed by me, etc. etc.

I can safely say Maikuru fits all the criteria I listed ^_^

Your list says "10", but there's about 30 or 40 things here XD
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 9:07:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/24/2013 9:03:53 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

Ugly women? Or Shaq rejects?

My biggest pet peeve is the fact that society primes men to go for the hottest girl they can, while girls are primed to take whoever. How often do you see an attractive male with an unattractive female? 99 times out of 100, it's the attractive female with an unattractive male.

My biggest pet peeve is men who think a beautiful woman is owed to them or something, like they're entitled to it. It disgusts me. No offense, Agent.
yang.
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 9:17:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/24/2013 9:07:23 PM, tulle wrote:
At 5/24/2013 9:03:53 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

Ugly women? Or Shaq rejects?

My biggest pet peeve is the fact that society primes men to go for the hottest girl they can, while girls are primed to take whoever. How often do you see an attractive male with an unattractive female? 99 times out of 100, it's the attractive female with an unattractive male.

My biggest pet peeve is men who think a beautiful woman is owed to them or something, like they're entitled to it. It disgusts me. No offense, Agent.

Funny you should mention that, because on way way to the store to buy my daily gallon of milk I saw just that. This incredibly attractive woman walks out of the store. easily a 10, and her boyfriend follows out right behind her. The first thing I think looking at the guy is that his head looks like what you get when you draw a face on a balloon and blow it up. On the one hand, good for him. On the other hand, what is she thinking?

Obviously it's not fair for me to judge their relationship based solely on how they both look, but you're right, 99% of the time this is how "unequal" partners are set up. It's hard not to notice the trend.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
Agent_Orange
Posts: 2,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 9:18:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/24/2013 9:07:23 PM, tulle wrote:
At 5/24/2013 9:03:53 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

Ugly women? Or Shaq rejects?

My biggest pet peeve is the fact that society primes men to go for the hottest girl they can, while girls are primed to take whoever. How often do you see an attractive male with an unattractive female? 99 times out of 100, it's the attractive female with an unattractive male.

My biggest pet peeve is men who think a beautiful woman is owed to them or something, like they're entitled to it. It disgusts me. No offense, Agent.

Whoa! You got the game messed up playa! I was just kidding about that ugly girl stuff. At no point am I saying she's owed to me or anything like that. What I'm saying is that I'm an incredibly lucky mofo for this woman to even look my way. I work my @ss off everyday to let that woman know she is my queen. She is my future. Everyday I tell her she's the most gorgeous woman I've ever seen and that she is far outside my league. It may seem a bit sappy to you fellas but it's true. Even when we fight, I keep that sh!t respectable. Almost 6 years, countless fights, I have never disrespected that woman by calling her a name or putting my hands on her or messing around on her. I agree most guys don't know how to treat a woman but I ain't on that sh*t.
#BlackLivesMatter
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 9:27:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/24/2013 9:07:23 PM, tulle wrote:
At 5/24/2013 9:03:53 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

Ugly women? Or Shaq rejects?

My biggest pet peeve is the fact that society primes men to go for the hottest girl they can, while girls are primed to take whoever. How often do you see an attractive male with an unattractive female? 99 times out of 100, it's the attractive female with an unattractive male.

My biggest pet peeve is men who think a beautiful woman is owed to them or something, like they're entitled to it. It disgusts me. No offense, Agent.

Personally, I hate it when people protest for freedom and for people to be able to do what they want then turn around and say what should and should not be the case in society. This may not address you specifically.

If such a social stigma exists, why would you care? It exists because people want it to exist, and if it ticks you off why should society change to suit you?
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 9:59:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/24/2013 9:27:33 PM, Smithereens wrote:

Personally, I hate it when people protest for freedom and for people to be able to do what they want then turn around and say what should and should not be the case in society. This may not address you specifically.

If such a social stigma exists, why would you care? It exists because people want it to exist, and if it ticks you off why should society change to suit you?

lol I'm not sure what you're talking about. You're saying society should never change?

Why should I care about a stigma where ugly girls are devalued in society? lol...
yang.
mk614
Posts: 6
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 10:20:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/24/2013 8:08:51 PM, tulle wrote:
Now that I've seen the difference in dating people with and without university degrees, I need my partner to have one. Not simply to show he's intelligence, but to show he's capable of finishing something.

I'm sure there's more, but I have to go.

I'm going to let one of the many brilliant college drop out's take the lead on this one:

"in my lifetime over the past fifty years we have stomped out so many things that are seeds of creativity in this country a lot of teachers will tell you we don't really have school systems that encourage the children to think of a problem and what a solution could be, no, it's just to identify the solution you were taught in this chapter, and use that one, we don't teach thinking as much as we do rigorous rote, and intelligence is not defined as someone having a brain that can think and think and consider all the possibilities and come up with the best solution, no, intelligence is saying the exact same things as everyone else. You read the same newspaper articles, you watch the same new shows, you read the same books and now you can say exactly the same things about how the world works, so you all know you're a group. It's almost like a religion and we're all the same, we're intelligent because I say it and you say it, and you're intelligent so I'm intelligent, and we've never really had a good way of measuring if you are really thinking and putting it together and coming up with your own solutions. No, we don't define that as intelligence, we often define it as dumb."

-Steve Wozniak

At 5/24/2013 8:55:54 PM, tulle wrote:
7) Interesting. I like people who have interesting things to say, which is separate from being funny or intelligent. I mean, you could be the most intelligent person in the world but I'm going to be bored if you're talking about mathematical concepts or bridges


pet peeve of mine would be regurgitating a few simple concepts you learned in an introduction to psychology textbook to encompass the human condition. Another one being people who claim they want to be a doctor when they don't even have the grades to get into the proper graduate program, and realizing they didn't take the right courses that are required to enter the program until after they've already graduated. You did a pretty good job at pretending you liked or were interested in the few basic concepts we discussed, and the odd bridge I pointed out or made a comment on.

At 5/24/2013 8:08:51 PM, tulle wrote:
I've dated too many guys who had some initial conception of me and put me on a pedestal, and then realized afterward I wasn't who they thought I was.


This "pedestal" is nothing more than you taking someones kind words and interpreting them in such a way that allows you think the person making the comments is insincerely complimenting you, and by thinking in this manner you end up placing yourself on that pedestal. Most shallow people do that, and it didn't take long for me to recognize you as one. You're no trophy, I keep my trophies in the basement remember?