Jump to topic:

I have a problem with a woman, Help.

jzonda415
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 9:12:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I know I'm not a big member on this site or anything or know all of the DDO jargon, but I could really use some advice on a matter.

There is a girl I like. We've known each other throughout this entire year and she's absolutely amazing. She has been there for me for practically everything this year, and me for her.

The thing is though, she is a lesbian; well, she says she doesn't know if she's gay or bisexual. She has lately only dated girls; however, she says she is rethinking things and she even told me she used to like a guy until somebody ruined it, so right now I am pretty sure that she is bisexual. We are really dear but I have no idea what she would say to me If I asked her out.

There is another thing, she is moving away to freaking Ohio for a year soon. Of all places, freaking Ohio. I hate Ohio. It's my now third least favorite state.

I feel like I need to tell her how I feel soon, or else I will lose my chance for a whole year. I'm taking a huge risk here because this is the first time I have really opened up to anyone since my last break-up. I want some advice on the matter because I am pretty set on taking this chance, but I always want a second opinion.

Please provide your words of wisdom DDO. Thanks :)
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 9:20:21 PM
At 5/25/2013 9:12:40 PM, jzonda415 wrote:
I know I'm not a big member on this site or anything or know all of the DDO jargon, but I could really use some advice on a matter.

There is a girl I like. We've known each other throughout this entire year and she's absolutely amazing. She has been there for me for practically everything this year, and me for her.

The thing is though, she is a lesbian; well, she says she doesn't know if she's gay or bisexual. She has lately only dated girls; however, she says she is rethinking things and she even told me she used to like a guy until somebody ruined it, so right now I am pretty sure that she is bisexual.

Sounds like she's bisexual but heavily leans toward women, like me.

We are really dear but I have no idea what she would say to me If I asked her out.

Only one way to find out.

There is another thing, she is moving away to freaking Ohio for a year soon. Of all places, freaking Ohio. I hate Ohio. It's my now third least favorite state.

I feel like I need to tell her how I feel soon, or else I will lose my chance for a whole year. I'm taking a huge risk here because this is the first time I have really opened up to anyone since my last break-up. I want some advice on the matter because I am pretty set on taking this chance, but I always want a second opinion.

Tell her everything you just told me; she deserves to know your feelings more than I do. That's the best advice I can give you.

You will not regret telling her and being rejected as much as you will regret not telling her at all. If she returns your feelings, get a phone with a camera and unlimited call and text; long-distance relationships require them.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 9:24:37 PM
I'm no relationship master. I'v only been in one in my entire life. But what I do know, is regret. As such, my advice is to tell her as soon as possible. Like Cody said, if you want more advice, add me and send me a PM. I'm more then happy to help.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 9:36:11 PM
Take her by the hand, lean in close to her ear and whisper "I lift".

She'll melt in your arms. Sometimes literally, so watch out for that.

On a more serious note; she's surly already thought about how she'd feel about dating you at this point. She's already made up her mind about what sort of person she thinks you are, there's not much else you can do but ask. So, dig deep. You only have to be brave for a second. After that, no matter how it turns out, you can at least take pride knowing you had the balls to go for it.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 9:45:53 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

But seriously, you get one chance and she is moving soon. I can't provide you the details or advice on how to go about it, but you need to tell her your feelings before you lose your chance. :)
Nolite Timere
TheElderScroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 9:50:16 PM
I agree with the rest of the members here. Let her know your feelings. A year is long enough to change everything in your life. You may not get a second chance when she returns, assuming that she would return. So seize the moment.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 9:57:17 PM
If you ask her out, the worst thing she can say is no. If you don't ask her out, you'll always wonder "what if?"

If she says yes, then great. If she says no, then be respectful about it.

But be clear when you ask her, and get to the point. Don't beat around the issue.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 9:59:10 PM
At 5/25/2013 9:38:28 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Oh since your unaware of DDO jargon, you should probably just burn her house down.

Sigged.
TheElderScroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 10:02:20 PM
At 5/25/2013 9:57:17 PM, YYW wrote:
If you ask her out, the worst thing she can say is no. If you don't ask her out, you'll always wonder "what if?"

But be clear when you ask her, and get to the point. Don't beat around the issue.

Actually the worst thing she can do is to say nothing. That would leave him in Purgatory with no idea where the relationship would be heading to.
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 10:03:45 PM
At 5/25/2013 10:02:20 PM, TheElderScroll wrote:

Actually the worst thing she can do is to say nothing. That would leave him in Purgatory with no idea where the relationship would be heading to.

Actually, the worst thing she can do is stab him in both eyes.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 10:05:05 PM
At 5/25/2013 10:03:45 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:

Actually, the worst thing she can do is light him on fire then make out with his arch-enemy as he burns to death.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 10:07:01 PM
Get over it Ma'am. How long do you think such a relationship will last? You're a 15 YO kid, how about a) letting your banana develop a little further, and b) enjoy the freedom you have. Sooner or later a wife and kids will take up all you got. Have some fun kid.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 10:12:07 PM
At 5/25/2013 9:36:11 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

*spit-take*
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 10:13:50 PM

Say =/= do

but lol anyway.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 10:14:56 PM
At 5/25/2013 10:05:05 PM, muzebreak wrote:
At 5/25/2013 10:03:45 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:

How creative, lol

Actually, the worst thing she can do is light him on fire then make out with his arch-enemy as he burns to death.

That sounds like something out of a comic book.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 10:15:10 PM
At 5/25/2013 9:36:11 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

She'll melt in your arms. Sometimes literally, so watch out for that.

On a more serious note; she's surly already thought about how she'd feel about dating you at this point. She's already made up her mind about what sort of person she thinks you are, there's not much else you can do but ask. So, dig deep. You only have to be brave for a second. After that, no matter how it turns out, you can at least take pride knowing you had the balls to go for it.

Seriously though, this is all true.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
flaskblob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 10:27:46 PM
The thing is though, she is a lesbian

There is another thing, she is moving away to freaking Ohio for a year

I feel like I need to tell her how I feel soon

The best you are going to get out of this is sex. Sex is no good if it doesn't entail love IMO. Wait for someone better.
Of course I'm using those fallacies; they're the only logical ones." - f3ffy
flaskblob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 10:29:09 PM
Also you've clearly been friendzoned.
Of course I'm using those fallacies; they're the only logical ones." - f3ffy
TheElderScroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 9:02:35 AM
At 5/25/2013 10:13:50 PM, YYW wrote:

Say =/= do

but lol anyway.

sharp eyes. So let's change it to: The worst thing she can say is say nothing (self-contradiction?)
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 7:59:06 AM

The thing is though, she is a lesbian; well, she says she doesn't know if she's gay or bisexual. She has lately only dated girls; however, she says she is rethinking things and she even told me she used to like a guy until somebody ruined it, so right now I am pretty sure that she is bisexual. We are really dear but I have no idea what she would say to me If I asked her out.

It's really nice what you r doing. Do ask her out. That is if you can handle the long distance relationship. It's REALLY hard, I will just tell you this right now. But if your up for it go for all the gasto in life.