Jump to topic:

One of My Biggest Fears

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 11:48:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
... global epidemic. You see the movies and read the books about the silent killer no one can stop. Germs are invisible, they move around in ways we can't see. A global epidemic, to me, sounds absolutely terrifying...

Is MERS the next big epidemic? It's killed over 50% of the infected and it's extremely unknown and spreading fast...

http://www.nydailynews.com...

Scary sh!t.
TheElderScroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2013 12:10:49 AM
At 5/28/2013 11:48:31 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
... global epidemic. You see the movies and read the books about the silent killer no one can stop. Germs are invisible, they move around in ways we can't see. A global epidemic, to me, sounds absolutely terrifying...

Is MERS the next big epidemic? It's killed over 50% of the infected and it's extremely unknown and spreading fast...

Scary sh!t.

It is scary. The weird thing is that the last great epidemic - Black Death - was also originated in Asia. The great epidemic of bubonic plague that killed a large part of the population of Europe (between 1/3 and 1/2) in the mid 14 century originated in central Asia and spread rapdily thought Europe, carried by the fleas of black rats. But rest assured, bubonic plague is a form of contagious bacterial disease, not coronavirus in question.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2013 6:00:34 AM
Wow, the scientists obtained a patent? Great. I guess it's more important for them to be in a paper than for people to survive.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2013 6:43:02 AM
At 5/29/2013 6:00:34 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Wow, the scientists obtained a patent? Great. I guess it's more important for them to be in a paper than for people to survive.

One scientist obtained a patent, probably so he could get a lot of research money and royalties. Greedy cunt, if you ask me.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
TheElderScroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2013 8:10:53 AM
At 5/29/2013 6:43:02 AM, muzebreak wrote:

One scientist obtained a patent, probably so he could get a lot of research money and royalties. Greedy cunt, if you ask me.

Well, this is all business. On the other hand, it suggests that science community does not believe that there would be a uncontrollable outbreak.
TheElderScroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2013 8:11:54 AM

Actually yes. Because fame and monetary rewards are more substantial. Well, yes. Let's not forget integrity.
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2013 9:45:46 AM
At 5/28/2013 11:48:31 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Scary sh!t.

That does scare the crap out of you.