Total Posts:56|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Most Embarrassing moment of your life. =)

leojm
Posts: 1,825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 12:27:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
1. I was walking to school when I ran into a pole. Everybody was laughing at me. I laughed along cuze I"m just that way. But my face was so red. My head hurt for a long time.

2. I was helping this really cute boy up, cuze he fell on the ice, well i went back to far and he fell and landed on me, our faces were so close. I was like awkward. Everybody stared at us. Someone yelled to get a room. Oh I was so embarrassed and mad.
Lizard
Posts: 53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 12:43:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This girl I was really interested in happened to crawl by me one day right while I was in the middle of bulging my eyes out. She asked me if I was feeling okay, but I was so embarrassed that I started shedding uncontrollably.

All I could do was stay perfectly still until she forgot I was there and left. Worst moment of my life! :(
leojm
Posts: 1,825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 12:46:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/30/2013 12:43:02 PM, Lizard wrote:
This girl I was really interested in happened to crawl by me one day right while I was in the middle of bulging my eyes out. She asked me if I was feeling okay, but I was so embarrassed that I started shedding uncontrollably.

All I could do was stay perfectly still until she forgot I was there and left. Worst moment of my life! :(

aww. I'm sorry to hear that. That does sound embarrassing.
TULIP
Posts: 398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 1:51:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/30/2013 12:31:37 PM, leojm wrote:
What's urs? Oh gees I'm so lame with my topics. :/

I hope no one is disgusted by this but it's a natural thing for a woman. So with that said, I had fallen asleep on my friend mattress while my friend was out and about that is. I had woken up because I felt wet so I got up and went to the restroom and found blood all over me. I quickly cleaned myself up and then afterwards went straight to the mattress and sheet saw the blood and oh my gosh panicked. So I quickly got a scrubby, soap and hot water and just started scrubbing until the stains came out. And I washed the sheet. Well turned out the stains did come off. Buut, lol my friend came back and asked what I was doing.. Oh the embarrassment of telling what happened was jut soo dreadful. My friend just laughed and said wow I'm just really impressed you got the stains off.. And then started singing... That's just one embarrassing moment though.. This actually lol happened two years ago.
"We conclude that our salvation is of The Lord. He is the One who regenerates us. Those whom He regenerates come to Christ. Without regeneration no one will ever come to Christ. With regeneration no one will ever reject Him. God's saving grace effects what He intends to effect by it. ~ R. C. Sproul
ClassicRobert
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 2:11:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/30/2013 12:43:02 PM, Lizard wrote:
This girl I was really interested in happened to crawl by me one day right while I was in the middle of bulging my eyes out. She asked me if I was feeling okay, but I was so embarrassed that I started shedding uncontrollably.

All I could do was stay perfectly still until she forgot I was there and left. Worst moment of my life! :(

I see what you did there Lizard, and I like it
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 3:21:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/30/2013 12:43:02 PM, Lizard wrote:
This girl I was really interested in happened to crawl by me one day right while I was in the middle of bulging my eyes out. She asked me if I was feeling okay, but I was so embarrassed that I started shedding uncontrollably.

All I could do was stay perfectly still until she forgot I was there and left. Worst moment of my life! :(
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
DakotaKrafick
Posts: 1,517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 4:03:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
My girlfriend and I were homeless. It's cold at night. There was a dollar store that had blankets on sale outside of the store. Looked around, thought no one could see, grabbed one and walked away.

Almost immediately, the manager came outside and called out to me. Gave him back the blanket. I said something like "sorry, we're homeless and it's cold at night". He said something like "I know you are, that's why I'm not gonna call the cops".

That was the lowest point of my life ever. It wasn't just embarrassing. It was humiliating. It was degrading. It was pitiful.
TULIP
Posts: 398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 5:44:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/30/2013 4:03:54 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
My girlfriend and I were homeless. It's cold at night. There was a dollar store that had blankets on sale outside of the store. Looked around, thought no one could see, grabbed one and walked away.

Almost immediately, the manager came outside and called out to me. Gave him back the blanket. I said something like "sorry, we're homeless and it's cold at night". He said something like "I know you are, that's why I'm not gonna call the cops".

That was the lowest point of my life ever. It wasn't just embarrassing. It was humiliating. It was degrading. It was pitiful.

(
"We conclude that our salvation is of The Lord. He is the One who regenerates us. Those whom He regenerates come to Christ. Without regeneration no one will ever come to Christ. With regeneration no one will ever reject Him. God's saving grace effects what He intends to effect by it. ~ R. C. Sproul
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 7:06:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/30/2013 12:43:02 PM, Lizard wrote:
This girl I was really interested in happened to crawl by me one day right while I was in the middle of bulging my eyes out. She asked me if I was feeling okay, but I was so embarrassed that I started shedding uncontrollably.

All I could do was stay perfectly still until she forgot I was there and left. Worst moment of my life! :(

hahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaahahahaha This guy....
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 7:13:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/30/2013 12:27:54 PM, leojm wrote:
1. I was walking to school when I ran into a pole. Everybody was laughing at me. I laughed along cuze I"m just that way. But my face was so red. My head hurt for a long time.

2. I was helping this really cute boy up, cuze he fell on the ice, well i went back to far and he fell and landed on me, our faces were so close. I was like awkward. Everybody stared at us. Someone yelled to get a room. Oh I was so embarrassed and mad.

Don't take this in the wrong spirit, but you're a little shallow, no?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
SarcasticIndeed
Posts: 2,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 7:18:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/30/2013 7:13:28 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 5/30/2013 12:27:54 PM, leojm wrote:
1. I was walking to school when I ran into a pole. Everybody was laughing at me. I laughed along cuze I"m just that way. But my face was so red. My head hurt for a long time.

2. I was helping this really cute boy up, cuze he fell on the ice, well i went back to far and he fell and landed on me, our faces were so close. I was like awkward. Everybody stared at us. Someone yelled to get a room. Oh I was so embarrassed and mad.

Don't take this in the wrong spirit, but you're a little shallow, no?

Inb4 Budda and ike fight.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 7:21:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/30/2013 7:13:28 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 5/30/2013 12:27:54 PM, leojm wrote:
1. I was walking to school when I ran into a pole. Everybody was laughing at me. I laughed along cuze I"m just that way. But my face was so red. My head hurt for a long time.

2. I was helping this really cute boy up, cuze he fell on the ice, well i went back to far and he fell and landed on me, our faces were so close. I was like awkward. Everybody stared at us. Someone yelled to get a room. Oh I was so embarrassed and mad.

Don't take this in the wrong spirit, but you're a little shallow, no?

...?

I don't see it.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 7:25:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/30/2013 7:13:28 PM, 000ike wrote:

Don't take this in the wrong spirit, but you're a little shallow, no?

No, no really, I want you to back this up with some actual support instead of making a baseless assertion.

Go ahead, make my day
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 7:25:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/30/2013 7:13:28 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 5/30/2013 12:27:54 PM, leojm wrote:
1. I was walking to school when I ran into a pole. Everybody was laughing at me. I laughed along cuze I"m just that way. But my face was so red. My head hurt for a long time.

2. I was helping this really cute boy up, cuze he fell on the ice, well i went back to far and he fell and landed on me, our faces were so close. I was like awkward. Everybody stared at us. Someone yelled to get a room. Oh I was so embarrassed and mad.

Don't take this in the wrong spirit, but you're a little shallow, no?

Don't take this in the wrong spirit, but you're a little bit of an as$hole, no?
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 7:28:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/30/2013 7:25:17 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Don't take this in the wrong spirit, but you're a little bit of an as$hole, no?

He's a little 17 year old kid that needs to learn when to keep his mouth shut, not an a$$hole, just needs to grow up
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 7:36:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/30/2013 7:28:06 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 5/30/2013 7:25:17 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Don't take this in the wrong spirit, but you're a little bit of an as$hole, no?

He's a little 17 year old kid that needs to learn when to keep his mouth shut, not an a$$hole, just needs to grow up

and you're grown man and that statement screams you weren't taught right about how to deal with those younger than you
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 7:39:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
One time in gym class we were playing dodgeball and there was one girl left on the other team and i threw the ball (a lot harder than I should have) and nailed her in the face (I didn't know this at the time) and I started jumping up and down dancing and celebrating but my team was running over to her and I was confused and I realized she was bawling because I hit her so hard and I felt really bad. Plus I looked like a douche because apparently I realized she was crying way after everyone else.

One time in gym class I teabagged my friend and my pants ripped. Oh my gawd. That was bad enough but everyone in my class noticed. Then I had to go the entire rest of the day with ripped pants (it was really noticeable) because I couldn't get another pair to wear.
Nolite Timere
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 7:49:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/30/2013 7:39:00 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
One time in gym class we were playing dodgeball and there was one girl left on the other team and i threw the ball (a lot harder than I should have) and nailed her in the face (I didn't know this at the time) and I started jumping up and down dancing and celebrating but my team was running over to her and I was confused and I realized she was bawling because I hit her so hard and I felt really bad. Plus I looked like a douche because apparently I realized she was crying way after everyone else.

One time in gym class I teabagged my friend and my pants ripped. Oh my gawd. That was bad enough but everyone in my class noticed. Then I had to go the entire rest of the day with ripped pants (it was really noticeable) because I couldn't get another pair to wear.

This first story is hilarious XD.

I've had a similar experience to your second story. I was squatting one time, and half-way through the set my track-pants ripped apart with the force an atom splitting. Pretty much everyone in the gym heard it. I had to keep going, and each new rep my pants split more and more. I didn't bring an extra pair, so all I could do was finish my workout with my track-pants split in half.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
leojm
Posts: 1,825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 7:51:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/30/2013 1:51:03 PM, TULIP wrote:
At 5/30/2013 12:31:37 PM, leojm wrote:
What's urs? Oh gees I'm so lame with my topics. :/

I hope no one is disgusted by this but it's a natural thing for a woman. So with that said, I had fallen asleep on my friend mattress while my friend was out and about that is. I had woken up because I felt wet so I got up and went to the restroom and found blood all over me. I quickly cleaned myself up and then afterwards went straight to the mattress and sheet saw the blood and oh my gosh panicked. So I quickly got a scrubby, soap and hot water and just started scrubbing until the stains came out. And I washed the sheet. Well turned out the stains did come off. Buut, lol my friend came back and asked what I was doing.. Oh the embarrassment of telling what happened was jut soo dreadful. My friend just laughed and said wow I'm just really impressed you got the stains off.. And then started singing... That's just one embarrassing moment though.. This actually lol happened two years ago.

Oh sooooo gross. :P
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 7:53:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/30/2013 7:36:15 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 5/30/2013 7:28:06 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 5/30/2013 7:25:17 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Don't take this in the wrong spirit, but you're a little bit of an as$hole, no?

He's a little 17 year old kid that needs to learn when to keep his mouth shut, not an a$$hole, just needs to grow up

and you're grown man and that statement screams you weren't taught right about how to deal with those younger than you

At 17 he's is near an adult, he should at least have somewhat an idea of what is ok to say and what is not ok to say. I did at a younger age. Fact is, its not going to be long until he moves from being a kid, to being an adult, and in the real world, if you are an adult and come out with comments like that, you are liable to end up biting off more than you can chew, and somebody will act much more over the top then i am now.

He's at an age where the coddling stops, and you start getting a taste of how things actually work, i.e. if you talk trash like that for no reason, there are consequences that are greater than being told that you need to grow up. I'm handling the situation exactly as it needs to be handled, and I would appreciate it if you didnt try and act like he is "a kid" in the sense of age. He is not, he is a child in the sense of maturity and socialization, and therefore coddling and ignorance is not merited.

The kind of reaction you think that should be occurring is why many younger adults have a lack of respect and couth in social situations, and just leads to the misguided belief that there are little consequences to ones spoken words. There are, and as I previously said, it is much worse in most situations then simply being told to grow up.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 7:57:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/30/2013 7:53:42 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 5/30/2013 7:36:15 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 5/30/2013 7:28:06 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 5/30/2013 7:25:17 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Don't take this in the wrong spirit, but you're a little bit of an as$hole, no?

He's a little 17 year old kid that needs to learn when to keep his mouth shut, not an a$$hole, just needs to grow up

and you're grown man and that statement screams you weren't taught right about how to deal with those younger than you

At 17 he's is near an adult, he should at least have somewhat an idea of what is ok to say and what is not ok to say. I did at a younger age. Fact is, its not going to be long until he moves from being a kid, to being an adult, and in the real world, if you are an adult and come out with comments like that, you are liable to end up biting off more than you can chew, and somebody will act much more over the top then i am now.

He's at an age where the coddling stops, and you start getting a taste of how things actually work, i.e. if you talk trash like that for no reason, there are consequences that are greater than being told that you need to grow up. I'm handling the situation exactly as it needs to be handled, and I would appreciate it if you didnt try and act like he is "a kid" in the sense of age. He is not, he is a child in the sense of maturity and socialization, and therefore coddling and ignorance is not merited.

The kind of reaction you think that should be occurring is why many younger adults have a lack of respect and couth in social situations, and just leads to the misguided belief that there are little consequences to ones spoken words. There are, and as I previously said, it is much worse in most situations then simply being told to grow up.

this the internet man you can be a tid bit laxer here
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
leojm
Posts: 1,825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 8:00:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/30/2013 4:03:54 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
My girlfriend and I were homeless. It's cold at night. There was a dollar store that had blankets on sale outside of the store. Looked around, thought no one could see, grabbed one and walked away.

Almost immediately, the manager came outside and called out to me. Gave him back the blanket. I said something like "sorry, we're homeless and it's cold at night". He said something like "I know you are, that's why I'm not gonna call the cops".

That was the lowest point of my life ever. It wasn't just embarrassing. It was humiliating. It was degrading. It was pitiful.

awww. I'm so sorry. :(
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 8:04:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/30/2013 7:57:39 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

this the internet man you can be a tid bit laxer here

I disagree, the Internet is but another form of social interaction. The practices and habits one forms here extends in part to how one acts in face to face interactions.

To chalk it up to, "man its just the Internet" is like saying , "man its only 5 mins" when you are late for work multiple times, or "its just a dollar" when you steal from someone.

Both are but excuses to brush off and make lesser of problems, and not valid reasoning for why the situation should be treated any differently.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
leojm
Posts: 1,825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 8:05:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/30/2013 7:13:28 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 5/30/2013 12:27:54 PM, leojm wrote:
1. I was walking to school when I ran into a pole. Everybody was laughing at me. I laughed along cuze I"m just that way. But my face was so red. My head hurt for a long time.

2. I was helping this really cute boy up, cuze he fell on the ice, well i went back to far and he fell and landed on me, our faces were so close. I was like awkward. Everybody stared at us. Someone yelled to get a room. Oh I was so embarrassed and mad.

Don't take this in the wrong spirit, but you're a little shallow, no?

I'm shallow? I think not.
SarcasticIndeed
Posts: 2,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 8:07:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/30/2013 8:04:13 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 5/30/2013 7:57:39 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

this the internet man you can be a tid bit laxer here

I disagree, the Internet is but another form of social interaction. The practices and habits one forms here extends in part to how one acts in face to face interactions.

To chalk it up to, "man its just the Internet" is like saying , "man its only 5 mins" when you are late for work multiple times, or "its just a dollar" when you steal from someone.

Both are but excuses to brush off and make lesser of problems, and not valid reasoning for why the situation should be treated any differently.
I disagree; while ike's post was very much uncalled for and definitely not appropriate, how you act on the internet can be radically different from how I talk irl. And it's the same for others. Trolls on internet aren't trolls in real life (most aren't, at least). People are far more outspoken on the internet. I don't believe ike goes around saying stuff like that to people in real life.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 8:12:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/30/2013 8:07:10 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
At 5/30/2013 8:04:13 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 5/30/2013 7:57:39 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

this the internet man you can be a tid bit laxer here

I disagree, the Internet is but another form of social interaction. The practices and habits one forms here extends in part to how one acts in face to face interactions.

To chalk it up to, "man its just the Internet" is like saying , "man its only 5 mins" when you are late for work multiple times, or "its just a dollar" when you steal from someone.

Both are but excuses to brush off and make lesser of problems, and not valid reasoning for why the situation should be treated any differently.

I disagree; while ike's post was very much uncalled for and definitely not appropriate, how you act on the internet can be radically different from how I talk irl.

True it can, but it can also be how one does interact in actuality. Trolls do not act as such in real life, but that is i believe mainly because they have a full understanding of the consequences of acting in such a manner. I don't think this excuses said behavior, but rather makes it more so egregious.

Its similar to trying to steal something just because one believed nobody is looking, or talking in a negative manner towards someone when they are not around. Just because there is likely no consequence, doesnt mean it should be done.

And it's the same for others. Trolls on internet aren't trolls in real life (most aren't, at least). People are far more outspoken on the internet. I don't believe ike goes around saying stuff like that to people in real life.

He likely does not, probably due to understanding how people will react, and fear of said reaction. It still doesnt make saying what he has said excusable.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
leojm
Posts: 1,825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 8:16:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/30/2013 12:27:54 PM, leojm wrote:
1. I was walking to school when I ran into a pole. Everybody was laughing at me. I laughed along cuze I"m just that way. But my face was so red. My head hurt for a long time.

2. I was helping this really cute boy up, cuze he fell on the ice, well i went back to far and he fell and landed on me, our faces were so close. I was like awkward. Everybody stared at us. Someone yelled to get a room. Oh I was so embarrassed and mad.

By the way this was the last time I have ever helped anybody off the ice. :P
SarcasticIndeed
Posts: 2,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 8:17:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/30/2013 8:12:39 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 5/30/2013 8:07:10 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
At 5/30/2013 8:04:13 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 5/30/2013 7:57:39 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

this the internet man you can be a tid bit laxer here

I disagree, the Internet is but another form of social interaction. The practices and habits one forms here extends in part to how one acts in face to face interactions.

To chalk it up to, "man its just the Internet" is like saying , "man its only 5 mins" when you are late for work multiple times, or "its just a dollar" when you steal from someone.

Both are but excuses to brush off and make lesser of problems, and not valid reasoning for why the situation should be treated any differently.

I disagree; while ike's post was very much uncalled for and definitely not appropriate, how you act on the internet can be radically different from how I talk irl.

True it can, but it can also be how one does interact in actuality. Trolls do not act as such in real life, but that is i believe mainly because they have a full understanding of the consequences of acting in such a manner. I don't think this excuses said behavior, but rather makes it more so egregious.

Its similar to trying to steal something just because one believed nobody is looking, or talking in a negative manner towards someone when they are not around. Just because there is likely no consequence, doesnt mean it should be done.

And it's the same for others. Trolls on internet aren't trolls in real life (most aren't, at least). People are far more outspoken on the internet. I don't believe ike goes around saying stuff like that to people in real life.

He likely does not, probably due to understanding how people will react, and fear of said reaction. It still doesnt make saying what he has said excusable.

I agree that what ike said wasn't nice at all. It's an insult for really no reason, he shouldn't be excused. I'm just saying that his talk on the forums likely does not mirror real life behaviour, for the reasons ypu mentioned. It's just that your previous post kind of implied that.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 8:18:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/30/2013 8:16:23 PM, leojm wrote:
At 5/30/2013 12:27:54 PM, leojm wrote:
1. I was walking to school when I ran into a pole. Everybody was laughing at me. I laughed along cuze I"m just that way. But my face was so red. My head hurt for a long time.

2. I was helping this really cute boy up, cuze he fell on the ice, well i went back to far and he fell and landed on me, our faces were so close. I was like awkward. Everybody stared at us. Someone yelled to get a room. Oh I was so embarrassed and mad.

By the way this was the last time I have ever helped anybody off the ice. :P

coolio
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.