Jump to topic:

Graduation

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2013 11:49:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I never thought I would be so upset leaving highschool, but I am. Today was my final day. I feel like I'm losing so much and I know there is so much awaiting me and these were nowhere near the best years of my life but I still feel in shock and empty. Just felt like venting.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2013 11:52:29 PM
At 6/3/2013 11:49:17 PM, thett3 wrote:
I never thought I would be so upset leaving highschool, but I am. Today was my final day. I feel like I'm losing so much and I know there is so much awaiting me and these were nowhere near the best years of my life but I still feel in shock and empty. Just felt like venting.

I'll yield to Bob Dylan.
Tsar of DDO
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2013 11:54:43 PM
At 6/3/2013 11:52:29 PM, YYW wrote:

I'll yield to Bob Dylan.

)':
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2013 11:58:47 PM

That's understandable. It can be tough moving forward into the unknown, especially when you enjoyed the familiarity of what is now behind you.

You'll enjoy college even more though. Stay until you have finished your PHd.
Debate.org Moderator
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 12:14:26 AM
At 6/3/2013 11:58:47 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

That's understandable. It can be tough moving forward into the unknown, especially when you enjoyed the familiarity of what is now behind you.

It's just also scary going into the unknown. I have essentially no idea what to expect!
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 12:24:06 AM
At 6/4/2013 12:14:26 AM, thett3 wrote:

It's just also scary going into the unknown. I have essentially no idea what to expect!

Yeah, it's a part of growing up... Just the way it is...
Debate.org Moderator
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 12:33:25 AM

Feel free to try new things and explore, though be slow and cautious. If you feel the need to hit up a party, offer to be the DD for the first time or two to get a feel for it without being listed as a stick in the mud (do kids still use that expression?).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 12:43:08 AM
At 6/4/2013 12:33:25 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Feel free to try new things and explore, though be slow and cautious. If you feel the need to hit up a party, offer to be the DD for the first time or two to get a feel for it without being listed as a stick in the mud (do kids still use that expression?).

I'm not sure what the kids are saying these days, but that's good advice. Do your best to avoid that kind of peer pressure to do some irresponsible things, because they will inevitably come up.

Enjoy yourself in whatever you do next, but be sure to focus on your priorities. Before you know it, you'll be familiar with your surroundings and you will be comfortable again.
Debate.org Moderator
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 1:21:28 AM
Especially if you're going to university in the Fall, really enjoy your summer. I was still 17 when I graduated high school and it felt like my childhood has slipped away from me :( But it was a great summer. You may never get another summer like it again (you'll be too busy with school and work).
yang.
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 2:48:57 AM
It was emotional for me as well, I'm not very good at describing emotions (especially such a deep and complex one such as this), but it's probably similar for many people. Since than I've felt the feeling a couple times when I left a place where I had been for a couple years, & I expect to have similar feelings in the future. It's a very unique part of the human condition. The sister emotion that comes along with it is nostalgia, which is also a fascinating emotion (I can't help, but analyze these emotions when they occur). It's interesting that there is a word for nostalgia, but not a word for this feeling. Unless perhaps this feeling is called nostalgia as well, but if so there are really 2 kinds of nostalgia. Whatever.
Anyway, Good Luck!
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 3:28:54 AM
You can think of this as a new beginning, it is scary- but you can right your previous wrongs. Start afresh. That was what made me excited about starting college.