Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

Cry, the beloved Macbook Power-cord

YYW
Posts: 36,282
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2013 8:55:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I closed the footrest of a couch on my Macbook power-chord. Split the thing open... I doubt apple-care covers that.

This is one of the three stupid things I've done today.
Tsar of DDO
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2013 9:31:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
That is sad. You know what else is sad? One of my cats chewed my macbook power chord. It still works, though. I wrapped some tape around it to hold it together. It'll eventually fall apart, though. And it's close to the end, which will make it nearly impossible to splice back together once it's severed.

But the good news is that I have another one that hasn't even been used. The reason I have two is because my old MacBook Pro got stolen. They stole the computer, but left the power chord. I'm still using the old power chord, so the new one hasn't been used.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
YYW
Posts: 36,282
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2013 9:40:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2013 9:31:47 PM, philochristos wrote:
That is sad. You know what else is sad? One of my cats chewed my macbook power chord. It still works, though. I wrapped some tape around it to hold it together. It'll eventually fall apart, though. And it's close to the end, which will make it nearly impossible to splice back together once it's severed.

But the good news is that I have another one that hasn't even been used. The reason I have two is because my old MacBook Pro got stolen. They stole the computer, but left the power chord. I'm still using the old power chord, so the new one hasn't been used.

I'm sorry to hear your old Pro got stolen. I still have the old power chord from my old macbook pro though... so I guess I'll be using it.

They are really expensive too... about 90 USD each or so. Crazyness.
Tsar of DDO
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2013 9:42:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2013 9:40:29 PM, YYW wrote:

They are really expensive too... about 90 USD each or so. Crazyness.

It's highway robbery, I tell ya!
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
YYW
Posts: 36,282
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2013 9:55:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2013 9:42:54 PM, philochristos wrote:
At 6/5/2013 9:40:29 PM, YYW wrote:

They are really expensive too... about 90 USD each or so. Crazyness.

It's highway robbery, I tell ya!

I would be curious if anyone's ever bought a macbook pro power cord refurbished or used, though. I'd like to have an extra on hand... hopefully I won't close the couch on the next one though. lol
Tsar of DDO
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2013 10:06:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
$90 dollars? Seriously? That's ridiculous.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2013 10:12:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2013 9:55:51 PM, YYW wrote:
At 6/5/2013 9:42:54 PM, philochristos wrote:
At 6/5/2013 9:40:29 PM, YYW wrote:

They are really expensive too... about 90 USD each or so. Crazyness.

It's highway robbery, I tell ya!

I would be curious if anyone's ever bought a macbook pro power cord refurbished or used, though. I'd like to have an extra on hand... hopefully I won't close the couch on the next one though. lol

Here's one on ebay for $17, and no shipping charges.

http://www.ebay.com...
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
YYW
Posts: 36,282
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2013 10:18:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2013 10:12:31 PM, philochristos wrote:
At 6/5/2013 9:55:51 PM, YYW wrote:
At 6/5/2013 9:42:54 PM, philochristos wrote:
At 6/5/2013 9:40:29 PM, YYW wrote:

They are really expensive too... about 90 USD each or so. Crazyness.

It's highway robbery, I tell ya!

I would be curious if anyone's ever bought a macbook pro power cord refurbished or used, though. I'd like to have an extra on hand... hopefully I won't close the couch on the next one though. lol

Here's one on ebay for $17, and no shipping charges.

http://www.ebay.com...

Odd as this might seem, I've never bought a thing off of ebay. I might try to get this though, after I make an account. Thanks, philochristos!
Tsar of DDO
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2013 10:29:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2013 10:18:43 PM, YYW wrote:
At 6/5/2013 10:12:31 PM, philochristos wrote:
At 6/5/2013 9:55:51 PM, YYW wrote:
At 6/5/2013 9:42:54 PM, philochristos wrote:
At 6/5/2013 9:40:29 PM, YYW wrote:

They are really expensive too... about 90 USD each or so. Crazyness.

It's highway robbery, I tell ya!

I would be curious if anyone's ever bought a macbook pro power cord refurbished or used, though. I'd like to have an extra on hand... hopefully I won't close the couch on the next one though. lol

Here's one on ebay for $17, and no shipping charges.

http://www.ebay.com...

Odd as this might seem, I've never bought a thing off of ebay. I might try to get this though, after I make an account. Thanks, philochristos!

It's a third party product (no Apple logo), but I've bought third party products before (like those cheap iphone chargers they sell at Walgreens), and they work just fine.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2013 10:36:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Check it out. You can guy a repair cord, and it's only $9. It has the cord, but not the transformer.

http://www.ebay.com...

Looking at my transformer, though, I can't see how to take it apart to attach the new cord. There are no screws.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2013 10:38:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2013 10:36:04 PM, philochristos wrote:
Check it out. You can guy a repair cord, and it's only $9. It has the cord, but not the transformer.

http://www.ebay.com...

Looking at my transformer, though, I can't see how to take it apart to attach the new cord. There are no screws.

It's from China, though. I accidentally ordered something from China once, and it took a month to get here.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
YYW
Posts: 36,282
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2013 10:40:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2013 10:36:04 PM, philochristos wrote:
Check it out. You can guy a repair cord, and it's only $9. It has the cord, but not the transformer.

http://www.ebay.com...

Looking at my transformer, though, I can't see how to take it apart to attach the new cord. There are no screws.

I might just do that instead. I -of course, lol- would have no idea how to do it, but I have a friend of mine that might. I'll get in touch with him and see if that would work. That's a pretty good idea, though.
Tsar of DDO
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2013 10:41:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Here's an actually Apple power cord (not a third party product) for $34.50 with $5.25 shipping.

http://www.ebay.com...
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
YYW
Posts: 36,282
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2013 10:44:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2013 10:41:30 PM, philochristos wrote:
Here's an actually Apple power cord (not a third party product) for $34.50 with $5.25 shipping.

http://www.ebay.com...

That's perfect, actually. :)
Tsar of DDO
1Devilsadvocate
Posts: 1,518
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 1:43:08 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2013 9:40:29 PM, YYW wrote:
At 6/5/2013 9:31:47 PM, philochristos wrote:
That is sad. You know what else is sad? One of my cats chewed my macbook power chord. It still works, though. I wrapped some tape around it to hold it together. It'll eventually fall apart, though. And it's close to the end, which will make it nearly impossible to splice back together once it's severed.

But the good news is that I have another one that hasn't even been used. The reason I have two is because my old MacBook Pro got stolen. They stole the computer, but left the power chord. I'm still using the old power chord, so the new one hasn't been used.

I'm sorry to hear your old Pro got stolen. I still have the old power chord from my old macbook pro though... so I guess I'll be using it.

They are really expensive too... about 90 USD each or so. Crazyness.

Direct from Apple $80 + Free shipping: http://store.apple.com...

Best Buy - $80 + Free shipping - http://www.bestbuy.com...

Ebay $15-20 : http://www.ebay.com...
The top one looks like a really good deal.

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com... & http://www.amazon.com...
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...