Jump to topic:

How are you?

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 1:14:32 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
How's life treating you? How are you handling it? You can PM me if you don't feel like posting it publicly.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 1:30:18 AM
At 6/7/2013 1:14:32 AM, FREEDO wrote:
How's life treating you? How are you handling it? You can PM me if you don't feel like posting it publicly.

I've been better. But then, I've also been worse.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 1:32:22 AM
At 6/7/2013 1:30:18 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:

You're exactly where you need to be.... ... .. . . . . . . .
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 1:40:28 AM
At 6/7/2013 1:32:22 AM, Rusty wrote:

I wouldn't go that far.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 1:40:49 AM

C'est la vie.
Tsar of DDO
Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 1:43:45 AM
At 6/7/2013 1:40:28 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:

I wouldn't go that far.

You must go exactly that far, young man.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 1:47:40 AM
At 6/7/2013 1:43:45 AM, Rusty wrote:

I wouldn't go that far.

I'd rather be where I need to be, which is not quite where I am.
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 2:17:39 AM
I've recently had a few lifting-related health problems that, for the sake of everyone who happens to read this, I won't go into any details on.

I've been taking it in the manliest way possible -- ignoring it in the hopes that it goes away.

So far it's working; but in the event I turn up dead, let this be my final will and testament. I leave my debates to Maikuru, my forum posts to DK, and all my totally-not-gay cowboy pics to bossy.

The rest I leave to whomever calls dibs. In the event multiple people call dibs on the same item, the one who receives said item will be decided by an IRL gauntlet fight to the death.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
proglib
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 2:35:10 AM
At 6/7/2013 1:47:40 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 6/7/2013 1:43:45 AM, Rusty wrote:

I wouldn't go that far.

I'd rather be where I need to be, which is not quite where I am.

At 6/7/2013 2:17:39 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
I've recently had a few lifting-related health problems that, for the sake of everyone who happens to read this, I won't go into any details on.

I've been taking it in the manliest way possible -- ignoring it in the hopes that it goes away.

So far it's working; but in the event I turn up dead, let this be my final will and testament. I leave my debates to Maikuru, my forum posts to DK, and all my totally-not-gay cowboy pics to bossy.

The rest I leave to whomever calls dibs. In the event multiple people call dibs on the same item, the one who receives said item will be decided by an IRL gauntlet fight to the death.^

You guys continually crack me up. The level of wit here is impressive.

Tomorrow is my last day at a job that I used to love, but in the last two years was close to a living hell.* So, I'm feeling pretty good, even though I'm about to become a "consultant," which many of us use as a euphemism for "unemployed," but that I've wanted to do for several years.

^ I won't be calling dibs on any of Ryuukyuzo's stuff, BTW.:)
* [well fairly close, I wasn't being water boarded or anything:D]
"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.* And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." Barry Goldwater
*Except in a democracy it might lose you an election.

http://unitedwegovern.org...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 2:45:51 AM
At 6/7/2013 1:29:02 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Why so interested?

Probably has something to do with neurons and synapses.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 3:08:42 AM
i am splendid. its four in the morning where i live but it doesn't affect me
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 3:13:00 AM
At 6/7/2013 2:17:39 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

The rest I leave to whomever calls dibs. In the event multiple people call dibs on the same item, the one who receives said item will be decided by an IRL gauntlet fight to the death.

Dibs on your corpse, and your toilet!
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 3:14:07 AM

Life's going fairly well these days. It's summer, so I'm just lazing around, studying a bit, waiting for more college. How about you, how's Freedo?
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 3:17:17 AM
At 6/7/2013 3:08:42 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:

It makes me nervous that you live in my time zone.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 3:19:11 AM
At 6/7/2013 3:14:07 AM, muzebreak wrote:

Life's going fairly well these days. It's summer, so I'm just lazing around, studying a bit, waiting for more college. How about you, how's Freedo?

I'm phenomenal, thanks. :)
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 3:23:41 AM
At 6/7/2013 3:17:17 AM, Noumena wrote:

I live in your time zone too! We can be time zone buddies!
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 3:29:44 AM

From time to time the impacts of decisions escape us, or we become so preoccupied with our lives that we forget about what might have been if we'd chosen to do something else. Other times, when we have nothing but time to reflect on the choices we've made for better or worse. It's the summer now, and I've got nothing but time -and when I have time I tend to think more than I should about what could have been. Needless to say, I'm at a point in my life (which has been coming for quite some time I think) that I've reconsidered the direction my life has taken and I think it's time to do something new.

How are you, Freedo?
Tsar of DDO
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 3:37:10 AM
At 6/7/2013 3:23:41 AM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
At 6/7/2013 3:17:17 AM, Noumena wrote:

I live in your time zone too! We can be time zone buddies!

Looks like you live in Florida too. We can be swamp buddies.
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 3:41:52 AM
At 6/7/2013 3:29:44 AM, YYW wrote:
How are you, Freedo?

Well, I just answered but I guess I can expand.

The difficulties of life are at a pretty normal place for me. Financial issues are abundant and it's hard work taking care of my property, animals and family, while I'm looking for work and thinking of enrolling in school.

But I'm at an amazing place in my own mind and I've been there for awhile. I feel perfectly content and yet ambitious, rising to the challenge.

I feel the one thing I'm missing right now is being in a loving relationship. I feel ready for that. But it's not critical to my sustained happiness.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 3:45:21 AM
At 6/7/2013 3:41:52 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 6/7/2013 3:29:44 AM, YYW wrote:
How are you, Freedo?

Well, I just answered but I guess I can expand.

The difficulties of life are at a pretty normal place for me. Financial issues are abundant and it's hard work taking care of my property, animals and family, while I'm looking for work and thinking of enrolling in school.

But I'm at an amazing place in my own mind and I've been there for awhile. I feel perfectly content and yet ambitious, rising to the challenge.

I feel the one thing I'm missing right now is being in a loving relationship. I feel ready for that. But it's not critical to my sustained happiness.

You might consider making an online dating profile... It really both gives you the opportunity to get to know a lot of people, in a very casual way.
Tsar of DDO
Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 3:46:45 AM

I'm feeling you so hard on this. Past a certain point, it seems like tiredness ju
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 3:54:40 AM
My insomnia is back. I thought I kicked it but for the last two weeks or so I've been pulling all nighters the majority of the days. Not even doing anything important. Just lying down surfing the web, listening to Adele or something. The consequence is a noticeably large decrease in brain functioning during the day. I kind of like conversating irl when I'm on the verge of passing out though. I'm not burdened with paying attention to boring minutiae or mundane cues just because I'm incapable of noticing such things. It's like being drunk but with less embarrassment.

Besides that just boring stuff. Trying to do acceptably in college, looking for a job, having a bit of fun, etc.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 3:58:13 AM
At 6/7/2013 3:54:40 AM, Noumena wrote:
My insomnia is back. I thought I kicked it but for the last two weeks or so I've been pulling all nighters the majority of the days. Not even doing anything important. Just lying down surfing the web, listening to Adele or something. The consequence is a noticeably large decrease in brain functioning during the day. I kind of like conversating irl when I'm on the verge of passing out though. I'm not burdened with paying attention to boring minutiae or mundane cues just because I'm incapable of noticing such things. It's like being drunk but with less embarrassment.

Besides that just boring stuff. Trying to do acceptably in college, looking for a job, having a bit of fun, etc.

Are you chooses this insomnia or can you really not sleep? Sleep is pretty important. Don't wanna start squatting in an abandoned house, stealing human fat from a liposuction clinic to make human soap and forming an underground boxing cult with your alter ego.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 4:07:20 AM
At 6/7/2013 3:58:13 AM, FREEDO wrote:

Are you chooses this insomnia or can you really not sleep?

Really can't sleep.

Sleep is pretty important. Don't wanna start squatting in an abandoned house, stealing human fat from a liposuction clinic to make human soap and forming an underground boxing cult with your alter ego.

Old news. We've already moved on to explosives.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 4:11:05 AM
At 6/7/2013 4:07:20 AM, Noumena wrote:
Really can't sleep.

Do you get proper diet and exercise? It really helps. And it helps with mood as well.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 4:14:26 AM
At 6/7/2013 4:11:05 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 6/7/2013 4:07:20 AM, Noumena wrote:
Really can't sleep.

Do you get proper diet and exercise? It really helps. And it helps with mood as well.

Diet no exercise yes. Well I don't work out. Just bike a few miles a day, board or bike pretty much everywhere I go. Diet's a mess though. I mostly just eat whatever's around or pick up food at the coffee bar at school. I admit it could use some revision.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 4:17:33 AM
At 6/7/2013 3:58:13 AM, FREEDO wrote:

Are you chooses this insomnia or can you really not sleep? Sleep is pretty important. Don't wanna start squatting in an abandoned house, stealing human fat from a liposuction clinic to make human soap and forming an underground boxing cult with your alter ego.

Well, I guess it's not underground anymore. The cat's out of the bag... so to say.
Tsar of DDO
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 6:56:47 AM
School's over, I've got the title of the "student of the geneation", so that's awesome.

Life is pretty chill and slow at this moment.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac