Jump to topic:

Nice Guys Finish Last *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 8:57:48 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
So you may have heard the ole saying once before. That all nice guys finish last. Now how does a female respond to this statement and what does that really mean to her. I have seen Women get ride of guys who they thought were boring, redundant, or tedious overall. And that may have a lot to do with them seeing the nice guy as weak or uninteresting.
Women want a manly Man, or someone who is aggressive in nature. They want someone who takes control without actually abusing or controlling them. Not necessarily a bad boy type, although that is what some females like. We need that connection, the one that makes us feel secure. So what do you think about this one here DDO. Are the nice guys getting overlooked simply because they are just..........nice. What do you believe.
ldchris1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 10:10:12 AM
I believe that you want to believe that your current woman troubles are due to you being a 'nice guy'. Try being a total bastard and get back to us with how it goes down for you
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 10:32:44 AM
At 6/20/2013 10:10:12 AM, ldchris1 wrote:
I believe that you want to believe that your current woman troubles are due to you being a 'nice guy'. Try being a total bastard and get back to us with how it goes down for you

This does not apply to me you chrome dome. I was referring to one of the users here at DDO, who shall remain nameless.
Have a nice day. =)
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 6:58:24 PM
I'm a nice guy, at least I think I am. Being a kind, courteous and thoughtful person is an important part of my personality to me, and being otherwise would make me someone other than who I want to be. And any woman who wants a jerk isn't my type anyway.

This doesn't mean I'm not manly, or can't "take charge" in a relationship. It simply means I'm conscientious and sensitive to other peoples feelings, especially if I am in a romantic relationship with them.

Being "nice" doesn't mean any of the things implied in the OP. If a woman wants an abusive jerk, there is something psychologically wrong with her. Of course many woman want many different things, and this thread unfortunately is another example on DDO of attempting to put all woman (or a large number of them) into one group of specific thinking.

Anyone can be "nice" and be exactly the type of man the average woman is looking for. Being "nice" doesn't mean being a pushover, or naive, or unable to be assertive when necessary. It simply means taking the feelings of others seriously and making every effort to treat everyone the way they should be treated. Everyone should be "nice".

In the OP, "nice" seems to imply "feminine" (or boring). One can be nice and kind and just as "manly" as anyone else. If not, then "manliess" is overrated and a problem in society.

I've done just fine romantically and professionally being a "nice" guy. People need to be who they are (who they are comfortable being) and ignore this type of pop psych BS that intends to tell men they aren't "manly" enough to get women.
Debate.org Moderator
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 8:42:53 PM
So, in my limited years I've had a lot of short-term girlfriends and one serious relationship; and in that time I've found that women are about as different from each other as are men from other men. As such, you really are better off just being yourself; whether that be an uber dorky nerd or a beefcake Canadian lumberjack of a hunk, there's somebody out there who'd be in to you.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 8:49:53 PM
At 6/20/2013 6:58:24 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
I'm a nice guy, at least I think I am.

Wow, conceited much?

Being a kind, courteous and thoughtful person is an important part of my personality to me,

I guess 'being humble' just didn't make the cut here, eh?

and being otherwise would make me someone other than who I want to be. And any woman who wants a jerk isn't my type anyway.

That's a little judgemental of you.

This doesn't mean I'm not manly, or can't "take charge" in a relationship.

Phh, patriarchy.

If a woman wants an abusive jerk, there is something psychologically wrong with her.

Victim blaming.

In the OP, "nice" seems to imply "feminine" (or boring).

You implying feminine = boring?

I've done just fine romantically and professionally being a "nice" guy. People need to be who they are (who they are comfortable being) and ignore this type of pop psych BS that intends to tell men they aren't "manly" enough to get women.

Jeez bro, do you even lift?
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 8:50:41 PM
BTW, I'm just having a go at airmax. I'm not cereal here ;p
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 9:05:23 PM
At 6/20/2013 8:50:41 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

haha I didn't think you were serious :P
Debate.org Moderator
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 9:35:38 PM
There's a fine line between being a puzzy and a nice guy. It's the puzzies that finish last.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 9:36:27 PM
At 6/20/2013 9:05:23 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Yeah but sooner or later somebody would've! o___O
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 9:44:20 PM
At 6/20/2013 9:36:27 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
At 6/20/2013 9:05:23 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Yeah but sooner or later somebody would've! o___O