Jump to topic:

Embarrassing Parents

tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 12:13:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
One of the things I am looking forward to most about having children is the opportunity to embarrass them as a form of punishment or mind control.

Please share your embarrassing stories or ideas, or links to parents embarrassing their children. I'm compiling a list *muahahahaha*

To start things off, I will definitely be doing something like this http://reasonsmysoniscrying.tumblr.com...
yang.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 12:18:05 PM
When I was in the 7th grade I had the biggest crush on an 8th grader who rode my bus. The bus stop was directly across the street from my house, and one morning we were standing there and he started talking to me.

I was all like "OMFG HE KNOWS MY NAME" inside.

But then he said "Is that your mom?"

I look across the street and my mom is yelling about how I forgot my gloves, which I purposefully left inside because they were hideous, and she was wearing an African wrap around her waist in place of pants.

-____-
yang.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 12:34:51 PM
If I have kids I definitely plan on embarrassing them. It's just something parents do. I mean not excessively like forcing them to dress like me but maybe just acting like a weirdo in front of people (which I tend to do anyways).

Wait I just remembered the kid would have gay parents. No worries then it's covered.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 12:35:31 PM
At 6/21/2013 12:34:51 PM, Noumena wrote:
If I have kids I definitely plan on embarrassing them. It's just something parents do. I mean not excessively like forcing them to dress like me but maybe just acting like a weirdo in front of people (which I tend to do anyways).

Wait I just remembered the kid would have gay parents. No worries then it's covered.

lol
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 12:46:38 PM

When I was in grade 9 or 10 my Jamaican friends came over and we were watching music videos. My dad came in the room and started singing and dancing along. My friends were all like "your dad is so cool!" I was mortified.

Even now, he will act like... I don't even know. He told me once I was "jacking his swagger". I can't. It's funny when TV dads do stuff like that but to me it's like -___-'

I can't wait to do it to my kids.

Ha by the time you have kids it might be uncool to not have gay parents.
yang.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 12:55:30 PM
At 6/21/2013 12:46:38 PM, tulle wrote:

When I was in grade 9 or 10 my Jamaican friends came over and we were watching music videos. My dad came in the room and started singing and dancing along. My friends were all like "your dad is so cool!" I was mortified.

Even now, he will act like... I don't even know. He told me once I was "jacking his swagger". I can't. It's funny when TV dads do stuff like that but to me it's like -___-'

I can't wait to do it to my kids.

Yer dad seems marvelous.

Ha by the time you have kids it might be uncool to not have gay parents.

I'll figure out a way to make it uncool, don't worry.
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 1:05:34 PM

Take it a step further and make them have biracial gay parents!
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 1:05:48 PM
At 6/21/2013 1:05:34 PM, Danielle wrote:

Plus you're a Ginger. It's all covered, no worries.
President of DDO
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 1:08:15 PM
At 6/21/2013 1:05:48 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 6/21/2013 1:05:34 PM, Danielle wrote:

Well obviously.

Plus you're a Ginger. It's all covered, no worries.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 1:09:21 PM
My dad is really eccentric (well he was... now he's a paralyzed paraplegic with TBI lol still eccentric though) and when I was little, I'd say around 6, he would take me to black Baptist churches despite the fact that we were 100% Italian-American Catholics (and my dad has blonde hair and blue eyes). Every church-goer was dressed to the nines in their Sunday best, big fancy hat and all, and he would take me wearing jeans and a t-shirt as if we didn't stick out like sore thumbs enough already. He used to get a kick out of it. I was mortified. But then I got into it and just sand and swayed and clapped along lol. Luckily that stopped by the 4th grade.
President of DDO
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 1:13:39 PM
My parents have no idea how to speak Danish. (Obviously because we migrated here.) One day in 8th grade, we were asked if our parents could come to a meeting, and I said I'd have to do it myself instead. My teacher asked why, and I said, "They don't speak Danish."

And the laughter in class made me deaf for a while.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 1:21:16 PM
Parents will invariably embarrass kids. It's just part of being a parent. I don't remember most of the most embarrassing things my parents did, but I do remember that my mother liked for the family to "match."

My father, brother an I would wear the same kinds of khakis, the same shoes, the same oxford shirts, blazers and repp ties to go to church and my mom and sister would wear the same skirts and blouses or dresses. It wasn't humiliating, but it was one of those things. Really though, this continued in varying degrees until I was in high school when I started buying my own clothes.

One thing my father would do, which I now realize is pretty much the custom in Germany (but even still) is order food for the entire table when we went out to eat. I guess that's why I like as many kinds of food now that I do, because I basically never ate chicken nuggets or grilled cheeses as a child. I wanted to order my own meal, but he would insist.
Tsar of DDO
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 1:35:10 PM
At 6/21/2013 1:21:16 PM, YYW wrote:
Parents will invariably embarrass kids. It's just part of being a parent. I don't remember most of the most embarrassing things my parents did, but I do remember that my mother liked for the family to "match."

My father, brother an I would wear the same kinds of khakis, the same shoes, the same oxford shirts, blazers and repp ties to go to church and my mom and sister would wear the same skirts and blouses or dresses. It wasn't humiliating, but it was one of those things. Really though, this continued in varying degrees until I was in high school when I started buying my own clothes.

Oh god, memories. My mum used to dress two of my brothers and I up in the exact same outfit whenever we went to church or on outings. I think it ended when I was around ten or eleven. I shudder to think about it. I think my baby brother extremely lucky that he has no siblings close to his age.

One thing my father would do, which I now realize is pretty much the custom in Germany (but even still) is order food for the entire table when we went out to eat. I guess that's why I like as many kinds of food now that I do, because I basically never ate chicken nuggets or grilled cheeses as a child. I wanted to order my own meal, but he would insist.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 1:47:46 PM
At 6/21/2013 1:35:10 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 6/21/2013 1:21:16 PM, YYW wrote:

Oh god, memories. My mum used to dress two of my brothers and I up in the exact same outfit whenever we went to church or on outings. I think it ended when I was around ten or eleven. I shudder to think about it. I think my baby brother extremely lucky that he has no siblings close to his age.

lol... yeah, probably.

Tsar of DDO
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 2:00:23 PM
My parents used to try to (and still try to sometimes) embarrass me with stories, especially the ones about how I was terrified by magic when I was little. But they've ceased having power over me because it's true, I was terrified by magic so I don't get the big deal.
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 2:12:25 PM
Click pictures of them drooling when they are young, and show that to their friends when they grow up -_-

Also, silly nicknames. Of course.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 2:59:13 PM
At 6/21/2013 2:12:25 PM, Cermank wrote:
Click pictures of them drooling when they are young, and show that to their friends when they grow up -_-

Aw yes nicknames. My dad sometimes tries to get me with that one. He calls me Timber in a loud obnoxious voice when I'm around friends sometimes to try to get me. I've learned to counter with extreme flamboyance because I get a kick at how uncomfortable it makes him.
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 3:02:52 PM
At 6/21/2013 2:59:13 PM, Noumena wrote:

Aw yes nicknames. My dad sometimes tries to get me with that one. He calls me Timber in a loud obnoxious voice when I'm around friends sometimes to try to get me. I've learned to counter with extreme flamboyance because I get a kick at how uncomfortable it makes him.

I would love to see that. :P

Mine is potato. Like wtf i dont even no wat to do with that. Just because it rhymes with my name.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 3:05:56 PM
At 6/21/2013 3:02:52 PM, Cermank wrote:

Mine is potato. Like wtf i dont even no wat to do with that. Just because it rhymes with my name.

Potato? Oh that's just adorable. ;)
Tsar of DDO
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 3:08:44 PM
My mom calls me and both of my sisters "mom", for different reasons. It's so embarrassing that she does it in public :/ but not as embarrassing as my cousin, whose mom calls her Kaka.
yang.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 3:10:50 PM
At 6/21/2013 1:09:21 PM, Danielle wrote:
My dad is really eccentric (well he was... now he's a paralyzed paraplegic with TBI lol still eccentric though) and when I was little, I'd say around 6, he would take me to black Baptist churches despite the fact that we were 100% Italian-American Catholics (and my dad has blonde hair and blue eyes). Every church-goer was dressed to the nines in their Sunday best, big fancy hat and all, and he would take me wearing jeans and a t-shirt as if we didn't stick out like sore thumbs enough already. He used to get a kick out of it. I was mortified. But then I got into it and just sand and swayed and clapped along lol. Luckily that stopped by the 4th grade.

That is so... awesome. Reminds me of To Kill a Mockingbird lol
yang.
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 3:13:31 PM
At 6/21/2013 3:05:56 PM, YYW wrote:

Just no.

It's cruel how many 'what did the potato say to the sexy banana' jokes I have had to endure in my life.
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 3:15:23 PM
At 6/21/2013 3:08:44 PM, tulle wrote:
My mom calls me and both of my sisters "mom", for different reasons. It's so embarrassing that she does it in public :/ but not as embarrassing as my cousin, whose mom calls her Kaka.

Is kaka supposed to mean dad? It does mean dad in hindi, but I'm not sure if that's what it was supposed to mean to your cousin.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 3:19:13 PM

My little bro's nickname is Noodle lol
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 3:27:20 PM
At 6/21/2013 3:13:31 PM, Cermank wrote:

Just no.

It's cruel how many 'what did the potato say to the sexy banana' jokes I have had to endure in my life.

That actually didn't even occur to me... I suppose because I've never heard reference to a potato and sexy banana joke. But please, enlighten me ;)
Tsar of DDO
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 3:35:48 PM
At 6/21/2013 3:27:20 PM, YYW wrote:

Just no.

That actually didn't even occur to me... I suppose because I've never heard reference to a potato and sexy banana joke. But please, enlighten me ;)

Hah. It isn't that funny in english.

But you either get a reference to peeling, or something spud, or mashing or whatever.

The exact answer, though, is, " Aaloo akela tonight?", which when translated, means, ' Are you alone tonight?'. It's funny because aaloo= potato, and a kela = one banana.

Don't. even. ask.

But you do get creative after the first few times.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 3:43:57 PM
At 6/21/2013 3:35:48 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 6/21/2013 3:27:20 PM, YYW wrote:

Just no.

Hah. It isn't that funny in english.

But you either get a reference to peeling, or something spud, or mashing or whatever.

The exact answer, though, is, " Aaloo akela tonight?", which when translated, means, ' Are you alone tonight?'. It's funny because aaloo= potato, and a kela = one banana.

Don't. even. ask.

But you do get creative after the first few times.

I won't even ask. lol
Tsar of DDO
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 3:48:17 PM
At 6/21/2013 3:15:23 PM, Cermank wrote:

Is kaka supposed to mean dad? It does mean dad in hindi, but I'm not sure if that's what it was supposed to mean to your cousin.

Hmm I don't know, I should ask her haha. To most people I know, kaka means poop :/
yang.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 3:49:52 PM
When I was in the 8th grade I was walking down the hall with my friends when at the very end of the hall I see my mom and she's yelling my name and waving at me and smiling. I immediately ducked into the bathroom, pretending I didn't see her.

I felt bad about it afterward, but I had no idea she was going to be at my school lol

Ohhh I can't wait for school visits **evil laughter**
yang.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 3:50:43 PM
At 6/21/2013 12:55:30 PM, Noumena wrote:
Yer dad seems marvelous.

I should have mentioned we were watching reggae music videos... so he was putting on this fake Jamaican accent in front of my Jamaican friends -__-'
yang.