Scariest thing that ever happened to you

cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2013 12:00:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
not your dreams but in real life. mine just happened last night:

so about 1 am my mom came to get me because it was past when we agreed that i would go to bed. i followed her and out of instinct i brought my phone. I couldn't get to sleep because i was watching the slenderman video series, marble hornets (i have drafterman to thank for that.) Also a streaming site called twitch tv was down. about 5 in the morning my phone vibrated which probably meant twitch was back up. When i woke up i tried to search for it with no avail. i did my morning routine with watering the plants added. so i went to the room where my computer is and my phone was on the desk. i changed before that so it couldn't have been in my pockets. the other weird thing was that their was nothing new on the lock screen. but what vibrated in my bed?
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2013 12:06:37 PM
At 6/22/2013 12:00:32 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

so about 1 am my mom came to get me because it was past when we agreed that i would go to bed. i followed her and out of instinct i brought my phone. I couldn't get to sleep because i was watching the slenderman video series, marble hornets (i have drafterman to thank for that.) Also a streaming site called twitch tv was down. about 5 in the morning my phone vibrated which probably meant twitch was back up. When i woke up i tried to search for it with no avail. i did my morning routine with watering the plants added. so i went to the room where my computer is and my phone was on the desk. i changed before that so it couldn't have been in my pockets. the other weird thing was that their was nothing new on the lock screen. but what vibrated in my bed?

Do you really want us to answer that?
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2013 12:06:50 PM
Dogs rarely like me. I get barked at and attacked a lot more than anyone I know.

One day I was walking home from a friend's house when I see another buddy of mine walking his dog across the street/ I crossed to say hi, and his dog started growling at me. He assured me that she does that to everybody and that it's nothing to worry about (everyone always says this) and as soon as he finished his dog charged at me and managed to get her jaw around my crotch. My (sex) life flashed before my eyes, but luckily I managed to step back just fast enough to dodge the "crunch".

I then had the awkward task of trying to explain to my girlfriend that earlier in the day I had some b*tch's mouth all over my junk.

Absolutely terrifying.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2013 12:08:08 PM
At 6/22/2013 12:06:37 PM, Cermank wrote:

shutup shutup shutup
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2013 12:09:00 PM
At 6/22/2013 12:06:50 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
Dogs rarely like me. I get barked at and attacked a lot more than anyone I know.

One day I was walking home from a friend's house when I see another buddy of mine walking his dog across the street/ I crossed to say hi, and his dog started growling at me. He assured me that she does that to everybody and that it's nothing to worry about (everyone always says this) and as soon as he finished his dog charged at me and managed to get her jaw around my crotch. My (sex) life flashed before my eyes, but luckily I managed to step back just fast enough to dodge the "crunch".

I then had the awkward task of trying to explain to my girlfriend that earlier in the day I had some b*tch's mouth all over my junk.

Absolutely terrifying.

lol that had to suck
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2013 1:45:50 PM
At 6/22/2013 12:06:50 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

Absolutely terrifying.

Wow. I got chased by a Rottweiler once while I was walking home listening to my Ipod. It ran away, though, after a bit.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2013 1:49:59 PM
One of my scariest moments was when my little brother cracked his head open after falling off a fence onto some stone steps. We were both pretty little at the time. He almost went into a coma and probably could have died.

Another scary moment was when my same brother (lol) fell down a really tall tree. A helicopter had to come get him to take him to the hospital. He broke some bones in his back and one of his fingers. He was lucky to have no permanent damage.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2013 2:08:18 PM
At 6/22/2013 1:49:59 PM, phantom wrote:
One of my scariest moments was when my little brother cracked his head open after falling off a fence onto some stone steps. We were both pretty little at the time. He almost went into a coma and probably could have died.

Another scary moment was when my same brother (lol) fell down a really tall tree. A helicopter had to come get him to take him to the hospital. He broke some bones in his back and one of his fingers. He was lucky to have no permanent damage.

You have a clumsy brother lol.
Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2013 2:10:06 PM
At 6/22/2013 12:06:37 PM, Cermank wrote:

Lolololololol Cyber you walked right into that. xD
Nolite Timere
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2013 2:34:28 PM

It's statistically true that when you keep your phone on your bed near you or even in your pocket your body gets so used to the vibrations that whenever you don't have it by you or something you may hear or even feel a vibration because your already used to it. And from my understanding that can be dangerous. I don't keep my phone on vibration anymore but on loud or silent. But usually it's on loud where I can hear (no vibrations at all).
"We conclude that our salvation is of The Lord. He is the One who regenerates us. Those whom He regenerates come to Christ. Without regeneration no one will ever come to Christ. With regeneration no one will ever reject Him. God's saving grace effects what He intends to effect by it. ~ R. C. Sproul
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2013 2:35:39 PM

Wow!! That's terrible :0
"We conclude that our salvation is of The Lord. He is the One who regenerates us. Those whom He regenerates come to Christ. Without regeneration no one will ever come to Christ. With regeneration no one will ever reject Him. God's saving grace effects what He intends to effect by it. ~ R. C. Sproul
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2013 2:48:39 PM
One of the scariest moments in my life happened when I was 14.. (I went to a middle school before got homeschooled the rest of my time).. Anyways, I was at school .. Had to go to the restroom and so during class I went.. Well obviously when when everyone's In class the hallways are empty (usually).. When I went into the restroom no one was Around. When I came out, to my surprise this guy was standing right in front of the restroom. It almost seemed like he knew I was in there and was waiting for me to come out. I had no idea who he was or where he'd come from. He approached me and asked for a hug I said no. He got mad and decided to hug me anyways. And my hands were unable to break free from his grip cause he had me pinned to the wall. I grew panicky and didnt know what to do. Then he asked for a kiss (psh ... Never kissed anyone in my life and I wasn't about to then either) I told him no.. He tried to kiss me.. Didn't work out too well.. He got mad and then just decided since he couldn't kiss me that he would let his wonder all over me... (Again I didn't know what to do! I was terrified!). Once he left I ran back to class .. 4 months I kept that hidden inside of me.. And that was scary too cause whenever a guy friend would just poke me of try to hug me I would yell at him and push him away.. I changed the way I dressed too.. My parents noticed how I was being and they asked and it took at least an hr n a half to tell them.. By then it was too late to report the guy cause I don't recall ever seeing him again.. But it took me 4 years to let go of that and forgive him.. If I didn't forgive him I wouldn't even be able to talk about it AT ALL!

Another thing in my life that scared me was when my dad had gone to the hospital cause something was wrong with him and that's when we found out he had diabetes and he still does today..
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2013 2:50:38 PM
At 6/22/2013 2:48:39 PM, TULIP wrote:
One of the scariest moments in my life happened when I was 14.. (I went to a middle school before got homeschooled the rest of my time).. Anyways, I was at school .. Had to go to the restroom and so during class I went.. Well obviously when when everyone's In class the hallways are empty (usually).. When I went into the restroom no one was Around. When I came out, to my surprise this guy was standing right in front of the restroom. It almost seemed like he knew I was in there and was waiting for me to come out. I had no idea who he was or where he'd come from. He approached me and asked for a hug I said no. He got mad and decided to hug me anyways. And my hands were unable to break free from his grip cause he had me pinned to the wall. I grew panicky and didnt know what to do. Then he asked for a kiss (psh ... Never kissed anyone in my life and I wasn't about to then either) I told him no.. He tried to kiss me.. Didn't work out too well.. He got mad and then just decided since he couldn't kiss me that he would let his hands wonder all over me... (Again I didn't know what to do! I was terrified!). Once he left I ran back to class .. 4 months I kept that hidden inside of me.. And that was scary too cause whenever a guy friend would just poke me of try to hug me I would yell at him and push him away.. I changed the way I dressed too.. My parents noticed how I was being and they asked and it took at least an hr n a half to tell them.. By then it was too late to report the guy cause I don't recall ever seeing him again.. But it took me 4 years to let go of that and forgive him.. If I didn't forgive him I wouldn't even be able to talk about it AT ALL!

Another thing in my life that scared me was when my dad had gone to the hospital cause something was wrong with him and that's when we found out he had diabetes and he still does today..
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2013 3:10:44 PM
... i changed before that so it couldn't have been in my pockets. the other weird thing was that their was nothing new on the lock screen. but what vibrated in my bed?

Did you ask your mom if she found your phone on the floor and put it on the desk? Barring that, the timing is that you had been sleeping for four hours, which implies probably a very deep sleep when the incident occurred. Odd events may happen in the state of being borderline between deep sleep and being awake. That's when people (quite sincerely) report encountering ghosts and aliens. So I'd be inclined to chalk it up as mild type of nightmare.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2013 3:12:06 PM
At 6/22/2013 3:10:44 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
... i changed before that so it couldn't have been in my pockets. the other weird thing was that their was nothing new on the lock screen. but what vibrated in my bed?

Did you ask your mom if she found your phone on the floor and put it on the desk? Barring that, the timing is that you had been sleeping for four hours, which implies probably a very deep sleep when the incident occurred. Odd events may happen in the state of being borderline between deep sleep and being awake. That's when people (quite sincerely) report encountering ghosts and aliens. So I'd be inclined to chalk it up as mild type of nightmare.

my bed and my desk are in two different rooms at opposite sides of the house, long ways
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2013 3:20:31 PM

^ I occasionally get sleep paralysis (mind is awake, but body is still asleep), and one of the more common symptoms of sleep paralysis is hearing a distinct "buzzing" noise while in this state. My guess is this is what happened.

https://en.wikipedia.org...
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2013 3:28:27 PM
At 6/22/2013 2:08:18 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

You have a clumsy brother lol.

Hah. If you could hear all the other things that have happened too him. He's had to get stitches in his head at least 5 other times. It's not really clumsiness though, just doing dangerous/precarious things.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2013 3:34:19 PM
In Bosnia, outside my apartment, a random older man stood nearby. I was under 7. He asked if I could help him with something, and he'd buy me a something. I agreed to it. But, once following him, we walked too much, and at an early point I realized I couldn't just run away. I had to keep following, and unfortunately he took me to some garages that were very dark.

In one of the garages, he told me to sit on a little chair, and he went behind me to do something. I caught a glance at something like a knife in his hand. At this point I had to run, but first I said something like, "Just a second let me check..." At the garage entrance, a big mountain dog that once chased me was coming (good timing---) -- but I decided to run anyway. Never met the man afterwards, nor did I report it to anyone. No evidence to catch him anyway.

This happened with the same man to my brother, but some time before it did to me. After telling this to my father many years after, he said he has some clues of who this man is. I don't, but I'd certainly walk with him to the garages again and fist him up.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2013 3:35:15 PM
At 6/22/2013 3:34:19 PM, Mirza wrote:
In Bosnia, outside my apartment, a random older man stood nearby. I was under 7. He asked if I could help him with something, and he'd buy me a something.
"He'd buy me something for that" Sheesh.
toolpot462
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2013 3:38:27 PM
One time when I was hanging out with friends, my vision suddenly distorted like a fish-eye lens. My friend, standing about 6 feet in front of me, appeared to stretch from my bottom eyelids to my top eyelids. While this was going on, suddenly the sound of my friends talking became amazingly clear. Being that my heart was also pounding, I was convinced that I was in a dream while my body was in cardiac arrest on the floor. As I slipped further and further into panic, I frantically insisted that my friends tell me if I was dead or not. Sincerely the scariest ten seconds ever.
I'll be the one to protect you from
Your enemies and all your demons.
A will to survive and a voice of reason.
Your enemies and your choices, son.
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2013 3:51:24 PM
In Bosnia, outside my apartment, a random older man stood nearby. I was under 7. He asked if I could help him with something, and he'd buy me a something. I agreed to it. But, once following him, we walked too much, and at an early point I realized I couldn't just run away. I had to keep following, and unfortunately he took me to some garages that were very dark.

In one of the garages, he told me to sit on a little chair, and he went behind me to do something. I caught a glance at something like a knife in his hand. At this point I had to run, but first I said something like, "Just a second let me check..." At the garage entrance, a big mountain dog that once chased me was coming (good timing---) -- but I decided to run anyway. Never met the man afterwards, nor did I report it to anyone. No evidence to catch him anyway.

This happened with the same man to my brother, but some time before it did to me. After telling this to my father many years after, he said he has some clues of who this man is. I don't, but I'd certainly walk with him to the garages again and fist him up.

Yea that's pretty scary!! Sorry that happened to you and your brother. :/
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2013 3:55:37 PM

... You might wanna re-word this.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2013 3:56:39 PM
So many I cant pin one down.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2013 4:02:02 PM
At 6/22/2013 3:55:37 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

Indeed -- well, non-dirty minds get the right picture!
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2013 4:05:20 PM
At 6/22/2013 4:02:02 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 6/22/2013 3:55:37 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

Hey, it's not just my mind! The context of the story helped me to this conclusion too =p
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2013 4:07:42 PM
At 6/22/2013 4:05:20 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

Hey, it's not just my mind! The context of the story helped me to this conclusion too =p
I must agree. I still think you might have some extra dirt in there Sir!
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2013 4:59:40 PM
At 6/22/2013 4:07:42 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 6/22/2013 4:05:20 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

I must agree. I still think you might have some extra dirt in there Sir!

Mother of Dragons, he correctly used the word "Sir"! o.O
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2013 5:26:23 PM
At 6/22/2013 3:20:31 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

^ I occasionally get sleep paralysis (mind is awake, but body is still asleep), and one of the more common symptoms of sleep paralysis is hearing a distinct "buzzing" noise while in this state. My guess is this is what happened.

https://en.wikipedia.org...

the vibration eminated through the bed and i tried to look for it. i was completely awake