Total Posts:126|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

How Do You Judge Who Is and Isn't Attractive?

DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 3:32:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I know there has been some scientific consensus that facial symmetry is one of, if not the main, driver behind whether we consider someone attractive or not.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
jimtimmy2
Posts: 403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 3:33:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/28/2013 3:32:26 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
I know there has been some scientific consensus that facial symmetry is one of, if not the main, driver behind whether we consider someone attractive or not.

BTW. As you can tell by my prof picture, I shaved off all of my curls.
jimtimmy2
Posts: 403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 3:38:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/28/2013 3:37:46 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
Do you mean specifically me or how is this judgement arrived at by anyone?

I guess.
benevolent
Posts: 1,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 3:40:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Wow that pic of you in a suit really exaggerated your good looks... stick to being a racist bro.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 3:42:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Phi
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
jimtimmy2
Posts: 403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 3:44:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/28/2013 3:40:25 PM, benevolent wrote:
Wow that pic of you in a suit really exaggerated your good looks... stick to being a racist bro.

The pic in a suit was before you were here... how do you know it?
jimtimmy2
Posts: 403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 3:45:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/28/2013 3:45:21 PM, benevolent wrote:
I am God, jimtimmy, and you have been a bad, bad boy. REPENT!!1

Seriously. Are you some sort of former member or something?

No idea if you are.
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 3:46:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/28/2013 3:40:25 PM, benevolent wrote:
Wow that pic of you in a suit really exaggerated your good looks... stick to being a racist bro.

LOL That's mean, dude.
yang.
benevolent
Posts: 1,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 3:47:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/28/2013 3:46:27 PM, tulle wrote:
At 6/28/2013 3:40:25 PM, benevolent wrote:
Wow that pic of you in a suit really exaggerated your good looks... stick to being a racist bro.

LOL That's mean, dude.

I still implied he was somewhat good looking, though...
jimtimmy2
Posts: 403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 3:47:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/28/2013 3:46:29 PM, benevolent wrote:
... God, dude.

Lol. You must not remember that picture. Because, I haven't changed that much (just shorter hair that is darker ).
jimtimmy2
Posts: 403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 3:48:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/28/2013 3:47:06 PM, benevolent wrote:
At 6/28/2013 3:46:27 PM, tulle wrote:
At 6/28/2013 3:40:25 PM, benevolent wrote:
Wow that pic of you in a suit really exaggerated your good looks... stick to being a racist bro.

LOL That's mean, dude.

I still implied he was somewhat good looking, though...

Again, you must not remember that picture well. That makes sense, because that was a while ago now. Still curious how you ever even saw it (seriously)
benevolent
Posts: 1,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 3:48:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/28/2013 3:47:27 PM, jimtimmy2 wrote:
At 6/28/2013 3:46:29 PM, benevolent wrote:
... God, dude.


Lol. You must not remember that picture. Because, I haven't changed that much (just shorter hair that is darker ).

Maybe it was the angle. Someone's touchy :3
jimtimmy2
Posts: 403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 3:49:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/28/2013 3:48:23 PM, benevolent wrote:
At 6/28/2013 3:47:27 PM, jimtimmy2 wrote:
At 6/28/2013 3:46:29 PM, benevolent wrote:
... God, dude.


Lol. You must not remember that picture. Because, I haven't changed that much (just shorter hair that is darker ).

Maybe it was the angle. Someone's touchy :3

I don't think you ever saw that picture. The only way you couldve seen it is if you were a member at that time.
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 3:49:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I personally look at a person's face--its structure and the proportion, the symmetry of the features (though asymmetry, like Gerard Butler's, can be kind of sexy), the fullness of the lips. Hair, clothes, and personality are also a factor of who I find attractive. Maikuru and I watched a documentary on sex appeal the other day. I think that's a good place to start but it was wrong on a few points.
yang.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 3:51:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Biological advantages in both sexes make a person attractive. Long legs in both sexes have been linked to better health, and long legs are deemed more attractive. High testosterone in a man is associated with a stronger immune system response -- thus certain attributes, such as defined cheekbone-area, deep voice, etc., are all attractive to women because they are the result of high testosterone.

It's what makes us more biologically and socially advantageous in general that is attractive to the sexes. And this can change over time -- it was popular for women to be very pale, and they would put powder everywhere. Rich, successful women spent time inside rather than outside, and avoided tanning. It was therefore more attractive to be pale for that reason.

Certain factors come down to the individual. Eye, skin, and hair color depend on cultural viewpoint quite a lot.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 3:54:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Symmetry is a tricky one. While it does enhance looks, having some assymetrical features can certainly be stunning. One of my favorite actresses and a stunning-looking woman is Beatrice Dalle -- she's quite asymmetrical, but it doesn't do her bad at all. http://image.qpicture.com... Thank God for her!
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 4:00:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/28/2013 3:54:24 PM, Mirza wrote:
Symmetry is a tricky one. While it does enhance looks, having some assymetrical features can certainly be stunning. One of my favorite actresses and a stunning-looking woman is Beatrice Dalle -- she's quite asymmetrical, but it doesn't do her bad at all. http://image.qpicture.com... Thank God for her!

I'm trying not to be rude or anything, but were you joking?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 4:01:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/28/2013 4:00:01 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
I'm trying not to be rude or anything, but were you joking?
I'm not trying to be rude either, but go look JBieber or something. Thanks.
benevolent
Posts: 1,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 4:02:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/28/2013 4:00:01 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 6/28/2013 3:54:24 PM, Mirza wrote:
Symmetry is a tricky one. While it does enhance looks, having some assymetrical features can certainly be stunning. One of my favorite actresses and a stunning-looking woman is Beatrice Dalle -- she's quite asymmetrical, but it doesn't do her bad at all. http://image.qpicture.com... Thank God for her!

I'm trying not to be rude or anything, but were you joking?

implying he has a big cock probably
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 4:06:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/28/2013 4:01:25 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 6/28/2013 4:00:01 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
I'm trying not to be rude or anything, but were you joking?
I'm not trying to be rude either, but go look JBieber or something. Thanks.

What? http://amandashoesmaker.files.wordpress.com...
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 4:07:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/28/2013 4:06:07 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 6/28/2013 4:01:25 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 6/28/2013 4:00:01 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
I'm trying not to be rude or anything, but were you joking?
I'm not trying to be rude either, but go look JBieber or something. Thanks.

What? http://amandashoesmaker.files.wordpress.com...
You tell me -- are you disagreeing with my judgment of her looks OR anything else I said? If the looks -- then I say again, go look at guy models or something.