Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

Let's say you can live anywhere on Earth.

Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2013 3:07:27 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Where would you?

Mongolia or Siberia for me. Canada might be nice, but it's too North American for my tastes.

Just take a look. Irresistible: http://www.ibtimes.com...#
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2013 3:46:35 AM
At 7/5/2013 3:42:53 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 7/5/2013 3:41:24 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Thought you were Croatian.
There are Bosnian Croats. I'm Bosniac by ethnicity.

I thought you guys constituted one ethnic group, and that religion was the dividing factor.

You also said 'return' to Bosnia. Which implies that you came from it?
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2013 3:51:53 AM
At 7/5/2013 3:46:35 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
I thought you guys constituted one ethnic group, and that religion was the dividing factor.
We are Slavs, like Ukrainians/Russians, etc., but we are different groups nonetheless. The Croats have historically been Catholics, the Serbs have been Orthodox (Greek variant), and Bosniacs were similar until they converted in large numbers to Islam.

That's the homeland Sir. We moved to Denmark when I was 7. Despite my love for a country like the US, I seem to always wish to be back in my country.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2013 3:56:58 AM
At 7/5/2013 3:51:53 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 7/5/2013 3:46:35 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
We are Slavs, like Ukrainians/Russians, etc., but we are different groups nonetheless. The Croats have historically been Catholics, the Serbs have been Orthodox (Greek variant), and Bosniacs were similar until they converted in large numbers to Islam.

That's the homeland Sir. We moved to Denmark when I was 7. Despite my love for a country like the US, I seem to always wish to be back in my country.

Ah, I see. Like Jews or Poles (both diasporas feel strong connections with their homeland despite rarely setting foot in it).

Do you still live in Denmark?
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2013 4:03:48 AM
At 7/5/2013 3:56:58 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Ah, I see. Like Jews or Poles (both diasporas feel strong connections with their homeland despite rarely setting foot in it).
That's a good comparison. Generally Slavs are very patriotic, but people from Balkan rarely lose touch with their homelands. Most have migrated away in recent decades anyway.

Yes. Good country.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2013 4:06:14 AM
At 7/5/2013 4:03:48 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 7/5/2013 3:56:58 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
That's a good comparison. Generally Slavs are very patriotic, but people from Balkan rarely lose touch with their homelands. Most have migrated away in recent decades anyway.

Yes. Good country.

How is your state-run health care and gravlax?
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2013 4:14:24 AM
At 7/5/2013 4:06:14 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
How is your state-run health care and gravlax?
The healthcare is mediocre. I think waiting lines are an important issue. Most citizens don't put a question mark on the welfare model, because it has become part of the culture. The welfare system here is heaven for many people -- I can name many reasons, but one is that you can rarely be poor; the state will provide. You'll have healthcare, free university education, etc. This hasn't been proven to be better than private sector running any of it. But the culture is a spoiled one. I don't have citizenship and cannot vote, but I have recommended to some peers that they should go for a libertarian party. Who'd think Denmark has one?
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2013 8:16:10 PM
USA during the 1980's. Nothing but tyranny from here on out no matter where you live on the planet.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2013 8:21:24 PM
At 7/5/2013 3:07:27 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Where would you?

Mongolia or Siberia for me. Canada might be nice, but it's too North American for my tastes.

Just take a look. Irresistible: http://www.ibtimes.com...#

I would literally just like to visit Mongolia to take part in a camel race.

Siberia... not a desirable place to be in the winter. Very nice in the summer though, except for the mosquitoes.

I would probably pick a vacation home in the Virgin Islands or somewhere like that in the Caribbean. I would like my main home to be somewhere in Munich, Zurich, Vienna or anywhere in Liechtenstein.
Tsar of DDO
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2013 8:33:54 PM
Somewhere in the Virgin Islands. I have a (most likely unreciprocated) fascination with the area.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2013 8:35:54 PM
At 7/5/2013 8:33:54 PM, Noumena wrote:
Somewhere in the Virgin Islands. I have a (most likely unreciprocated) fascination with the area.

There is something seductive about those Islands, for sure.
Tsar of DDO
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 1:20:59 AM
I'd like to live in the US, but that's mainly because I'm used to the culture, of similar racial background and know the language. However, if I were born elsewhere, I'd probably wouldn't want to live anywhere but there.

If I had a similiar racial background, I would like to live in South Korea, Signapore or Japan.

Australia seems like a nice place as well. Canada too.

In terms of places to live in the US, I'd like to live in Texas.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...