Jump to topic:

Proof and existence

sweetbreeze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2013 1:58:40 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Guys, I'm making things clear. Just because something isn't proven, doesn't mean it isn't real. For example, I am not proven to exist, but DO I exist? Yes I do. Just like you guys are not proven, but do you exist? Yes you do.

So, if anyone says something like, "This is not proven. It is not real.", then they are wrong. A smart person would say something like, "I will not believe this is real yet, because it isn't yet proven. I will start speaking when it IS proven."

When someone says they saw something that wasn't proven and another person says, "It's not proven, so it's not real.", it isn't the least bit true. What if one day it WILL be proven? You've got to use your brain, guys. Yes, it might just be an illusion, but there's a chance that it isn't. Many people have a habit of thinking that everything has to be proven to be real. But when it IS proven, they might as well say that they were wrong and be embarrassed, or, they would say that the proof is fake.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2013 11:41:22 AM
Screw Popper and the rest of those silly felosafers. This is Truth.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Poetaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2013 11:44:15 AM
I've never heard anyone advocate this imaginary position which the OP is claiming to refute. It sounds like a misunderstanding of positivism.
"The book you are looking for hasn't been written yet. What you are looking for you are going to have to find yourself, it's not going to be in a book..." -Sidewalker
Drayson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2013 7:38:14 PM
You may be confusing the rejection of a claim with the assertion of it's opposite. They are two different things.

When someone makes a positive claim about something without any evidence to support it, the person listening may choose to simply take their word for it, or reject the claim and carry on as if it was false, depending on the type of claim it is.
"I'm not saying I don't trust you...and I'm not saying I do. But I don't"

-Topper Harley