Jump to topic:

Are You Single *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2013 10:18:52 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Round 2...........Well it is true ladies and gents. Inferno is now single again and loving it. I do feel rather optimistic though given the fact that I basically came to an agreement with my last lady, and it was an amicable split. No hard feelings for me, just memories overall. But she has taken it well because I let her know that she will find THE one for her one day and soon. I was not that guy and with reason I do see it now more than ever before.

So what about you guys. Do you enjoy being single. And how was your last relationship. Tell us please.............
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2013 11:34:38 AM
At 7/23/2013 11:26:50 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Single, and a bad string of previous relationships.

I don't know if I like being single but it's what I'm committed to at the moment.

So how do you plan to have better relationships in the future.
rross
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2013 11:40:24 AM
At 7/23/2013 10:18:52 AM, inferno wrote:
Round 2...........Well it is true ladies and gents. Inferno is now single again and loving it. I do feel rather optimistic though given the fact that I basically came to an agreement with my last lady, and it was an amicable split. No hard feelings for me, just memories overall. But she has taken it well because I let her know that she will find THE one for her one day and soon. I was not that guy and with reason I do see it now more than ever before.

So what about you guys. Do you enjoy being single. And how was your last relationship. Tell us please.............

That's pretty impressive, that you could split up with someone amicably. My sister does that too. I've never understood how it's possible.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2013 11:48:37 AM
At 7/23/2013 11:40:24 AM, rross wrote:

That's pretty impressive, that you could split up with someone amicably. My sister does that too. I've never understood how it's possible.

Easy...........When you have been involved with someone on such a deep level as I was with her..........If you have a certain understanding about yourself and have expectations that you wish to obtain on your own merit, then it is not as hard as you think it is.
First it comes with planning and keeping your options open and then the rest will follow. You never see an experience as the end but the end leading to another happy and new beginnings.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2013 12:01:38 PM
I've tried to have amicable splits but it just doesn't happen for me. From my side, the guys treated me like garbage so I wouldn't want to be friends with them. On their side, they had more feelings than me and declined my offer of friendship (coincidentally, they all treated me like garbage in some way and didn't technically deserve my friendship lol)
yang.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2013 12:21:44 PM
At 7/23/2013 11:34:38 AM, inferno wrote:
At 7/23/2013 11:26:50 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Single, and a bad string of previous relationships.

I don't know if I like being single but it's what I'm committed to at the moment.

So how do you plan to have better relationships in the future.

I don't know yet, which is why I remain single.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2013 1:53:15 PM
At 7/23/2013 12:01:38 PM, tulle wrote:
I've tried to have amicable splits but it just doesn't happen for me. From my side, the guys treated me like garbage so I wouldn't want to be friends with them. On their side, they had more feelings than me and declined my offer of friendship (coincidentally, they all treated me like garbage in some way and didn't technically deserve my friendship lol)

When you are older and understand yourself more, its easier to part ways with someone or thing that doesnt fulfill all of your needs.You realize that you have choices, and that you do want to keep your options open. You try not to let your emotions get the best of you.........
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2013 4:35:44 PM
Happily single currently.

A relationship seems like so much of an emotional roller coaster and a lot of work.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Rice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2013 5:18:55 PM

I broke up with my boyfriend earlier this summer. I truthfully didn't see a point in the relationship, he constantly wanted to do activities and dates and truthfully I had more important things to do, things that I enjoyed more. He was really clingy, and I didn't want a serious committed relationship, I wanted something more casual. So I broke up with him. Luckily he was a couple years older than me and graduated, so I won't have to see him around school anymore.

But yeah, I enjoy being single, however there's this one girl I like, so we'll see how that goes :)
justin.graves
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2013 5:56:56 PM
Yeah, I'm single. I'm 16. Do I care? Well, my only relationship ended and I was devastated. It lasted about 7 months She said she loved me. She lied. I said I loved her, and to the best of my knowledge, I didn't.

Now I'm single and OK with it now. I've put all my energy into my personal Christian ministry. Missions trips, evangelism, Bible studies, volunteer work. Trust me 'tsall good.

But if there's a nice Christian gal interested,no sense in just ignoring it. I'll just take it a lot slower.
-Justin K. Graves, Demon Hunter
jzonda415
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2013 7:05:16 PM
Do you enjoy being single.

No.

And how was your last relationship. Tell us please.............

It was Good, but my ex needed to be independent and didn't want a serious relationship in high school.

Right now, my relationship status is very complex. Technically, I am single but at the same time, I'm not.
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2013 7:27:05 PM
At 7/23/2013 5:56:56 PM, justin.graves wrote:
Yeah, I'm single. I'm 16. Do I care? Well, my only relationship ended and I was devastated. It lasted about 7 months She said she loved me. She lied. I said I loved her, and to the best of my knowledge, I didn't.

Now I'm single and OK with it now. I've put all my energy into my personal Christian ministry. Missions trips, evangelism, Bible studies, volunteer work. Trust me 'tsall good.

But if there's a nice Christian gal interested,no sense in just ignoring it. I'll just take it a lot slower.

Something wrong with dating outside the faith?
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2013 9:35:04 PM
At 7/23/2013 4:35:44 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

A relationship seems like so much of an emotional roller coaster and a lot of work.

In my opinion, if it's an "emotional roller coaster", you're with the wrong person.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2013 10:01:09 PM
I've never been in a relationship with another woman, so I can't tell you how my last one went. All I can say about how I feel about it is that, at times, I feel a weakness in me that I need a girlfriend, but most of the time, I really don't give a damn. I'm not interested in the sex - I'm interested in the joy of a long-term relationship, although that desire seems to decrease the longer I'm single.

Even if I seriously wanted a girlfriend, almost all of the girls I've met (save one, although she's already in another relationship) have been either crazy, stupid, or tedious.

At this point, I can say, with a relative amount of certainty that I don't feel sad about not being in a relationship at this moment. That may change, though.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2013 10:17:01 PM
Inferno: are you still amicable with her through both of your personalities?

I'm single with a vengeance right now. Me and my ex broke up in March/April, and I took it easy for a few months... Now I'm not taking it so easy, I'm out all the time employing my social skills to get laid as much as possible. It could be months or even years before I find someone that is really good for me, and I'm not going to sit home whacking it every night waiting for that to happen. It takes a lot of energy to put yourself out there and meet girls, always having to risk rejection, keep conversations rolling, and represent yourself as best as possible. But I'm not going to let myself shy away from the challenge anymore, and I believe I'm becoming sharper because of my efforts. At the very least, my confidence is growing, and that may end up being the most important aspect of all.

As far as my last relationship goes, I guess all I can say is that if you don't treat your woman as good as you possibly can, somebody else will for you ;) If you find somebody and get emotionally attached, then tell her every day how beautiful she is.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 7:15:47 AM
At 7/23/2013 10:50:44 AM, Mirza wrote:
Single. No relationships ever before.

Same over here, never seen any point in them.
Turn around, go back.
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 8:43:12 PM

Going on 3yrs of singleness... 5% of time I'd like to be in a relationship, but 95% of the time I love being single...

It's better being single than to deal with heartache... IMO...

God will show me whom I to be with through marriage..
That's what I think and believe..
"We conclude that our salvation is of The Lord. He is the One who regenerates us. Those whom He regenerates come to Christ. Without regeneration no one will ever come to Christ. With regeneration no one will ever reject Him. God's saving grace effects what He intends to effect by it. ~ R. C. Sproul
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 9:34:41 PM
At 7/24/2013 8:43:12 PM, TULIP wrote:

Going on 3yrs of singleness... 5% of time I'd like to be in a relationship, but 95% of the time I love being single... :
It's better being single than to deal with heartache... IMO...

God will show me whom I to be with through marriage..
That's what I think and believe..

I know what that feels like. It gets better the further along you get.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 10:55:37 PM
I am not really enjoying being single... I want to ball-room dance again and I sort of need somebody to do that with. I also would like to settle down from my current fast-paced lifestyle; I consume a lot of alcohol and spend a lot of time out at night. Having one-night stands is fun and I'm learning a lot about myself and what I want in the process, but I am impatient and I'm ready for this phase in my life to be over. At the same time, I'm happy I'm not a serial monogamist and am spending some time single because, as a couple of you alluded to, that time single strengthens you. I guess I feel like I'm in bootcamp right now, I'm getting my "training wheels" and re-learning how to play the dating game.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 11:00:01 PM
At 7/23/2013 9:35:04 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:

In my opinion, if it's an "emotional roller coaster", you're with the wrong person.

I couldn't agree with you more..
"We conclude that our salvation is of The Lord. He is the One who regenerates us. Those whom He regenerates come to Christ. Without regeneration no one will ever come to Christ. With regeneration no one will ever reject Him. God's saving grace effects what He intends to effect by it. ~ R. C. Sproul
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 11:01:08 PM
At 7/24/2013 11:00:01 PM, TULIP wrote:

But I think every relationship will be one to some degree. you have ups with your "happy" times, but also there'll be emotional distress with fights and such.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 11:03:21 PM
At 7/24/2013 10:55:37 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
I am not really enjoying being single... I want to ball-room dance again and I sort of need somebody to do that with. I also would like to settle down from my current fast-paced lifestyle; I consume a lot of alcohol and spend a lot of time out at night. Having one-night stands is fun and I'm learning a lot about myself and what I want in the process, but I am impatient and I'm ready for this phase in my life to be over. At the same time, I'm happy I'm not a serial monogamist and am spending some time single because, as a couple of you alluded to, that time single strengthens you. I guess I feel like I'm in bootcamp right now, I'm getting my "training wheels" and re-learning how to play the dating game.

In my blunt opinion, "dating-game" is a waste of time.. And your wasting precious time just using people, hurting others and hurting yourself.. But again, that's IMO.. Sorry if you don't agree..
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 11:47:47 PM
At 7/24/2013 11:01:08 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 7/24/2013 11:00:01 PM, TULIP wrote:

But I think every relationship will be one to some degree. you have ups with your "happy" times, but also there'll be emotional distress with fights and such.

I don't think that's what Dakota was saying and that's not what I was saying either when I agreed with him.. I know there will fights and what have you, but if you base your relationship just on your emotional feelings (attachments/ lingering etc..) it's gonna break your heart even harder when the relationship ends.. I know what I'm telling you.. So my advice is guard your emotions and feelings..
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 12:53:36 AM
yeah, but hopefully soon enough I won't be, I definitely have someone in mind, and knowing me, it won't be long until I nab her for my own. Once someone catches my eye, I work quickly towards making a relationship happen ;)
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion