Jump to topic:

Feeling used/alone/sad?

TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 5:55:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
You ever feel like people only talk to you or hang around you only to use you for their own intentions? And then when they done taking to you or hanging out with you they treat you as if you owe them something? Or feel like you thought you had friends and really their just users? And because of all this you feel sad inside but don't openly tell others until now?

Because.... Right now... That's exactly how I'm feeling...
Thank God He's not like that to me... But it still hurts when people do that..

And people wonder why I choose to close off and not have friends.. That's why.. Wasted time.. IMO though..

What do you DDO people think??
"We conclude that our salvation is of The Lord. He is the One who regenerates us. Those whom He regenerates come to Christ. Without regeneration no one will ever come to Christ. With regeneration no one will ever reject Him. God's saving grace effects what He intends to effect by it. ~ R. C. Sproul
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 6:03:23 PM
At 7/24/2013 5:55:52 PM, TULIP wrote:
You ever feel like people only talk to you or hang around you only to use you for their own intentions? And then when they done taking to you or hanging out with you they treat you as if you owe them something? Or feel like you thought you had friends and really their just users? And because of all this you feel sad inside but don't openly tell others until now?

And people wonder why I choose to close off and not have friends.. That's why.. Wasted time.. IMO though..

People suck.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 6:11:56 PM
Forgive these people for they are just afraid, and will fall in love with you in spite of their fear.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 6:18:49 PM
I personally have a cousin who moved home from England when he was about 11. Both of us were about 11, him only a month older than me. But he didn't move home exactly, just to the neighborhood, and thus didn't receive as much affection from our family as I did, him kind of being an outsider. And he hated me for it, I'd say, for a long while, and gave his life to both sabotaging me and emulating me that he might move up in the ranks. He traumatized himself and me with him for the longest time, and still has his little tiffs, but he's getting over himself finally. He was afraid and I've always been patient with him, even when he tried to smash my face in at one stage, and he's coming around. You must forgive people their fear.
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 6:19:43 PM
At 7/24/2013 6:11:56 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Forgive these people for they are just afraid, and will fall in love with you in spite of their fear.

Ummm ok? I do forgive them... But what's with the last phrase?? What u saying basically??
"We conclude that our salvation is of The Lord. He is the One who regenerates us. Those whom He regenerates come to Christ. Without regeneration no one will ever come to Christ. With regeneration no one will ever reject Him. God's saving grace effects what He intends to effect by it. ~ R. C. Sproul
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 6:20:54 PM
At 7/24/2013 6:18:49 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I personally have a cousin who moved home from England when he was about 11. Both of us were about 11, him only a month older than me. But he didn't move home exactly, just to the neighborhood, and thus didn't receive as much affection from our family as I did, him kind of being an outsider. And he hated me for it, I'd say, for a long while, and gave his life to both sabotaging me and emulating me that he might move up in the ranks. He traumatized himself and me with him for the longest time, and still has his little tiffs, but he's getting over himself finally. He was afraid and I've always been patient with him, even when he tried to smash my face in at one stage, and he's coming around. You must forgive people their fear.
I see what you mean..
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 6:22:42 PM
?? wut ??
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 6:28:44 PM
I was feeling quite alone but I got a roommate and that has pretty much fixed that situation. Being used is just a part of life... Jesus apparently wants us to let others use us and don't expect anything in return. If you step up for others, others will step up for you.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 6:29:54 PM
At 7/24/2013 6:22:42 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
?? wut ??

Reread my thread ... Once you've figured out my confusing concerns then comment again..
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 6:30:43 PM
At 7/24/2013 6:28:44 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
I was feeling quite alone but I got a roommate and that has pretty much fixed that situation. Being used is just a part of life... Jesus apparently wants us to let others use us and don't expect anything in return. If you step up for others, others will step up for you.

Yes... Tis true.. Thank you..
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 6:33:25 PM
At 7/24/2013 6:03:23 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

People suck.

I concur.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 6:34:09 PM
At 7/24/2013 6:28:44 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

pretty much this
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 6:34:10 PM

People suck.
Bluntly said..
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 6:34:26 PM
The worst loneliness is not truly being alone but being with those who make you feel alone. Before deciding that you're depressed, make sure it's not just that you're surrounded by assholes. Then again, many people want to be depressed, without knowing it. It paints you as a victim, liberating your responsibility from the troubles of the world. With this mindset, we end up focusing on all that is wrong with people and ignore just how much we are really loved. Chances are, you're not really as alone as you think.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 6:34:48 PM
At 7/24/2013 6:34:10 PM, TULIP wrote:

Bluntly said..

Its true tho
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 6:35:15 PM
At 7/24/2013 6:33:25 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:

People suck.

I concur.

Very well then..
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 6:35:20 PM
At 7/24/2013 6:34:26 PM, FREEDO wrote:
The worst loneliness is not truly being alone but being with those who make you feel alone. Before deciding that you're depressed, make sure it's not just that you're surrounded by assholes. Then again, many people want to be depressed, without knowing it. It paints you as a victim, liberating your responsibility from the troubles of the world. With this mindset, we end up focusing on all that is wrong with people and ignore just how much we are really loved. Chances are, you're not really as alone as you think.

#wellsaid
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 6:42:39 PM
I understand... It's just I started heeding to counsel of permitting people with some degree of trust and once I started doing that.. It's almost like people saw that and just decided that they could take advantage of me as if I'm a football being tossed around or throw to the ground or flatten by a needle or toyed with as if I have no emotions..

I do forgive these people,, but it has definitely brought me to be even more closed off and more aggressive than I was before.. I personally don't appeal to this, but if it's come down to it then so be it .. That's just how I see it though..

Yes, I forgive, but that doesn't mean I have to trust again..
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 7:01:13 PM
At 7/24/2013 6:42:39 PM, TULIP wrote:
I understand... It's just I started heeding to counsel of permitting people with some degree of trust and once I started doing that.. It's almost like people saw that and just decided that they could take advantage of me as if I'm a football being tossed around or throw to the ground or flatten by a needle or toyed with as if I have no emotions..

I do forgive these people,, but it has definitely brought me to be even more closed off and more aggressive than I was before.. I personally don't appeal to this, but if it's come down to it then so be it .. That's just how I see it though..

I, too, turned rather violent for a time, but I got over it. I, too, was a control freak, I'd say. I wanted to feel as if the violence was my own choice and so tried to revel in it, and did revel in it for a time. But then there came a point where I was secure, you might say, or working within the bounds that I was anyway, and I settled down and had a look back upon my life. And I was a fool, I thought. All that pain and suffering and for what? What have I? I was actually fully ready for death at this stage, I'd say, having goaded on many the threat to my life, and having been the threat on numerous occasions too. I had freed myself of fear somewhere through the madness and so become something different. And I looked back upon my life and thought myself a fool for how I had lived. I thought about what I really valued of life and what work I had done towards it and I was disgusted with myself. I would suggest not shutting yourself off from the world.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 7:25:34 PM

If you can't trust, then how can others trust you?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 7:27:46 PM
At 7/24/2013 7:01:13 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

I, too, turned rather violent for a time, but I got over it. I, too, was a control freak, I'd say. I wanted to feel as if the violence was my own choice and so tried to revel in it, and did revel in it for a time. But then there came a point where I was secure, you might say, or working within the bounds that I was anyway, and I settled down and had a look back upon my life. And I was a fool, I thought. All that pain and suffering and for what? What have I? I was actually fully ready for death at this stage, I'd say, having goaded on many the threat to my life, and having been the threat on numerous occasions too. I had freed myself of fear somewhere through the madness and so become something different. And I looked back upon my life and thought myself a fool for how I had lived. I thought about what I really valued of life and what work I had done towards it and I was disgusted with myself. I would suggest not shutting yourself off from the world.

Okay., just for clarification I don't wanna die .. I mean yea people do stuff whatever, but I don't have to trust people.. I can talk but not trust.. I dont react out in violence but my attitude can come off very aggressive meaning blunt straight forward sometimes rude and harsh.. I don't like that or believe it's biblically good either, but that just goes to show how reckless of a sinful person I am too.. I am a weak person but also have a heart that breaks too..

Idk If you understand what I'm saying?? I understand and appreciate yours and everyone's inputs and thoughts. Means a lot.

I missed you guys!! :(
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 7:28:43 PM
At 7/24/2013 7:25:34 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

If you can't trust, then how can others trust you?

Ya got a great point there.... Let me ponder that a bit....
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 7:45:20 PM
At 7/24/2013 7:27:46 PM, TULIP wrote:

Okay., just for clarification I don't wanna die .. I mean yea people do stuff whatever, but I don't have to trust people.. I can talk but not trust.. I dont react out in violence but my attitude can come off very aggressive meaning blunt straight forward sometimes rude and harsh.. I don't like that or believe it's biblically good either, but that just goes to show how reckless of a sinful person I am too.. I am a weak person but also have a heart that breaks too..

Idk If you understand what I'm saying?? I understand and appreciate yours and everyone's inputs and thoughts. Means a lot.

Yeah, I went a bit overboard. But they'd have been equal reactions in some respects I was thinking. I mean, sure you don't have to trust anyone, but you will live a lonely life for it.

And I was actually wrong about myself too, come to think of it. The pin didn't drop when I achieved security, but when my grandfather died and I realized that all my controlling was for nothing. I was challenging death all along, and it came to nothing. Then I gave up trying to control things.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 7:46:32 PM
At 7/24/2013 7:45:20 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 7/24/2013 7:27:46 PM, TULIP wrote:

Yeah, I went a bit overboard. But they'd have been equal reactions in some respects I was thinking. I mean, sure you don't have to trust anyone, but you will live a lonely life for it.

And I was actually wrong about myself too, come to think of it. The pin didn't drop when I achieved security, but when my grandfather died and I realized that all my controlling was for nothing. I was challenging death all along, and it came to nothing. Then I gave up trying to control things.

Ha! That's more endearing isn't it? :3 I think it's actually correct too though.
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 7:57:16 PM
Honestly ... I'm just tired of people treating me like trash..

Welll.... Jesus went through much worse than wht I go through... Soo I guess this was really just my fleshly emotions getting in the way..

Thank you all for your words and insights.. It's greatly appreciated.. I feel better :)
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 8:02:31 PM
At 7/24/2013 7:57:16 PM, TULIP wrote:
Honestly ... I'm just tired of people treating me like trash..

How is it that you think people are treating you like trash?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 8:17:55 PM
I haven't had a real-life friend in four years, so I can honestly say that I've never been "used" by one. I'm the kind of person that would never hold on to a non-beneficial friendship, but then again, it's got to be harder for some people. You may feel like you're abandoning them, but in truth, they've abandoned you.

I follow two quotes when it comes to friendship that I find very inspiring:

The first, from Buddha, goes, "It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." Basically, it's saying that you can control who your friends are. If you find yourself in a bad friendship, it's best to try to fix it, but realize that there is a point when you can try too much.

The second, from Socrates, goes, "Be slow to fall into friendship; but then thou art in, continue firm and constant." This means that if you learn the mind and intentions of someone you want to make friends with, you shouldn't have a problem with them unless they change. If they change, you should attempt to help your friend.

This helps me a lot.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 8:33:27 PM
People don't suck. They are amazing. You just have to see it in them.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
fartingsaucer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 8:36:17 PM
Well, I have had personal issues to deal with. I have tried to spend more time in the word, but I am struggling to make it a habit. I just don't feel as happy as I used to.
No signature here