Total Posts:106|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Lonely and Don't Know How to Cope

toolpot462
Posts: 289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2013 12:25:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I recently attempted to engage in an online relationship. I met a girl on Omegle who seemed interesting and easy to talk to. We exchanged instant messenger information and messaged each other for several hours each day for three weeks. By this time, we were saying really lovey things to each other: calling each other "baby", telling each other how much we wished we could cuddle and kiss, etc.

Though we knew each other for a short time, I felt extremely strong emotions toward her. Sometimes I felt really happy, sometimes I felt really sad. I felt connected to her, and I thought she felt the same way about me. I sent her drawings and even let her use my Netflix account. I told her so much about myself. She insisted I tell her how I was feeling, so I did. I was worried that, because it was an online relationship, it would end badly. She insisted everything would be fine.

Then I found out that she'd already been dating a guy online for over two months. Not only that, but she'd been talking to several other guys - sexting with them, even. I was hurt. I asked her why she didn't just tell me about all that before I became emotionally attached. Her answer was that it was because she wants to make people happy. That's ironic.

Needless to say, I stopped talking to her. Now I feel withdrawn. So I'm just venting, really. If anyone has any advice, that'd be great. Although I've already learned not to date online.
I'll be the one to protect you from
Your enemies and all your demons.
I'll be the one to protect you from
A will to survive and a voice of reason.
I'll be the one to protect you from
Your enemies and your choices, son.
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2013 12:37:16 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
That is rough brother. It was really wrong for her to lead you on like that. I don't really know what to tell you other than good riddance to internet wh0res like that, and if you ever want someone to chat with/send your drawings I'd be happy to.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
DakotaKrafick
Posts: 1,517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2013 12:47:27 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/27/2013 12:25:55 AM, toolpot462 wrote:
I recently attempted to engage in an online relationship. I met a girl on Omegle who seemed interesting and easy to talk to. We exchanged instant messenger information and messaged each other for several hours each day for three weeks. By this time, we were saying really lovey things to each other: calling each other "baby", telling each other how much we wished we could cuddle and kiss, etc.

Though we knew each other for a short time, I felt extremely strong emotions toward her. Sometimes I felt really happy, sometimes I felt really sad. I felt connected to her, and I thought she felt the same way about me. I sent her drawings and even let her use my Netflix account. I told her so much about myself. She insisted I tell her how I was feeling, so I did. I was worried that, because it was an online relationship, it would end badly. She insisted everything would be fine.

Then I found out that she'd already been dating a guy online for over two months. Not only that, but she'd been talking to several other guys - sexting with them, even. I was hurt. I asked her why she didn't just tell me about all that before I became emotionally attached. Her answer was that it was because she wants to make people happy. That's ironic.

Needless to say, I stopped talking to her. Now I feel withdrawn. So I'm just venting, really. If anyone has any advice, that'd be great. Although I've already learned not to date online.

Well, I'm sure Rob will be happy to hear that. At the risk of seeming like I'm kicking someone while they're down, a lot of this seemed really naive. You only knew her for three weeks and you let her use your Netflix account (I assume you had to give her such information as your password, etc.)? You should need to get to know someone for a lot longer than that before trusting them.

Regardless, even if it was a very short-term relationship and you two probably never even met in person, it's okay that you're feeling down; just pick yourself up when you're ready and do yourself a favor and be ready sooner rather than later (not necessarily today or tomorrow, but don't drag your feet too long).

My advice to you? Don't actively seek a relationship (and especially not on Omegle; in fact, just don't get on Omegle ever except maybe for a quick laugh or two at the other guy's expense). And don't invest yourself so emotionally so quickly; become friends with someone before dating them.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2013 1:05:27 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
But yeah, in general, never give ANYBODY (including SOs) account passwords for anything. Some things are supposed to be private.
DakotaKrafick
Posts: 1,517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2013 1:07:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/27/2013 1:04:44 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
How it it ironic? Do the other people she talks to have a problem with it?

It's ironic because her answer was "I like to make people happy" and yet what she did didn't make him happy. It really can't get anymore basic than that.
toolpot462
Posts: 289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2013 1:08:15 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/27/2013 12:47:27 AM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
At 7/27/2013 12:25:55 AM, toolpot462 wrote:
I recently attempted to engage in an online relationship. I met a girl on Omegle who seemed interesting and easy to talk to. We exchanged instant messenger information and messaged each other for several hours each day for three weeks. By this time, we were saying really lovey things to each other: calling each other "baby", telling each other how much we wished we could cuddle and kiss, etc.

Though we knew each other for a short time, I felt extremely strong emotions toward her. Sometimes I felt really happy, sometimes I felt really sad. I felt connected to her, and I thought she felt the same way about me. I sent her drawings and even let her use my Netflix account. I told her so much about myself. She insisted I tell her how I was feeling, so I did. I was worried that, because it was an online relationship, it would end badly. She insisted everything would be fine.

Then I found out that she'd already been dating a guy online for over two months. Not only that, but she'd been talking to several other guys - sexting with them, even. I was hurt. I asked her why she didn't just tell me about all that before I became emotionally attached. Her answer was that it was because she wants to make people happy. That's ironic.

Needless to say, I stopped talking to her. Now I feel withdrawn. So I'm just venting, really. If anyone has any advice, that'd be great. Although I've already learned not to date online.

Well, I'm sure Rob will be happy to hear that. At the risk of seeming like I'm kicking someone while they're down, a lot of this seemed really naive. You only knew her for three weeks and you let her use your Netflix account (I assume you had to give her such information as your password, etc.)? You should need to get to know someone for a lot longer than that before trusting them.

Regardless, even if it was a very short-term relationship and you two probably never even met in person, it's okay that you're feeling down; just pick yourself up when you're ready and do yourself a favor and be ready sooner rather than later (not necessarily today or tomorrow, but don't drag your feet too long).

My advice to you? Don't actively seek a relationship (and especially not on Omegle; in fact, just don't get on Omegle ever except maybe for a quick laugh or two at the other guy's expense). And don't invest yourself so emotionally so quickly; become friends with someone before dating them.

I can honestly say that I would not change a thing about what I did and how I behaved. I was honest, trusting, caring, and generous. I would rather be all of those things and get taken advantage of than be disingenuous and more "successful".
I'll be the one to protect you from
Your enemies and all your demons.
I'll be the one to protect you from
A will to survive and a voice of reason.
I'll be the one to protect you from
Your enemies and your choices, son.
DakotaKrafick
Posts: 1,517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2013 1:09:19 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/27/2013 1:05:27 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
But yeah, in general, never give ANYBODY (including SOs) account passwords for anything. Some things are supposed to be private.

I think you should be able to trust your significant other enough to reveal private information, such as online passwords, to him/her.
DakotaKrafick
Posts: 1,517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2013 1:12:44 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/27/2013 1:08:15 AM, toolpot462 wrote:
At 7/27/2013 12:47:27 AM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
At 7/27/2013 12:25:55 AM, toolpot462 wrote:
I recently attempted to engage in an online relationship. I met a girl on Omegle who seemed interesting and easy to talk to. We exchanged instant messenger information and messaged each other for several hours each day for three weeks. By this time, we were saying really lovey things to each other: calling each other "baby", telling each other how much we wished we could cuddle and kiss, etc.

Though we knew each other for a short time, I felt extremely strong emotions toward her. Sometimes I felt really happy, sometimes I felt really sad. I felt connected to her, and I thought she felt the same way about me. I sent her drawings and even let her use my Netflix account. I told her so much about myself. She insisted I tell her how I was feeling, so I did. I was worried that, because it was an online relationship, it would end badly. She insisted everything would be fine.

Then I found out that she'd already been dating a guy online for over two months. Not only that, but she'd been talking to several other guys - sexting with them, even. I was hurt. I asked her why she didn't just tell me about all that before I became emotionally attached. Her answer was that it was because she wants to make people happy. That's ironic.

Needless to say, I stopped talking to her. Now I feel withdrawn. So I'm just venting, really. If anyone has any advice, that'd be great. Although I've already learned not to date online.

Well, I'm sure Rob will be happy to hear that. At the risk of seeming like I'm kicking someone while they're down, a lot of this seemed really naive. You only knew her for three weeks and you let her use your Netflix account (I assume you had to give her such information as your password, etc.)? You should need to get to know someone for a lot longer than that before trusting them.

Regardless, even if it was a very short-term relationship and you two probably never even met in person, it's okay that you're feeling down; just pick yourself up when you're ready and do yourself a favor and be ready sooner rather than later (not necessarily today or tomorrow, but don't drag your feet too long).

My advice to you? Don't actively seek a relationship (and especially not on Omegle; in fact, just don't get on Omegle ever except maybe for a quick laugh or two at the other guy's expense). And don't invest yourself so emotionally so quickly; become friends with someone before dating them.

I can honestly say that I would not change a thing about what I did and how I behaved. I was honest, trusting, caring, and generous. I would rather be all of those things and get taken advantage of than be disingenuous and more "successful".

I understand what you're saying, but there's such a thing as "too trusting". Don't trust strangers; don't trust people you've only known a few weeks (not that much anyway). Again, get to know someone before committing yourself to them.
toolpot462
Posts: 289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2013 1:24:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/27/2013 1:12:44 AM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
At 7/27/2013 1:08:15 AM, toolpot462 wrote:
At 7/27/2013 12:47:27 AM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
At 7/27/2013 12:25:55 AM, toolpot462 wrote:
I recently attempted to engage in an online relationship. I met a girl on Omegle who seemed interesting and easy to talk to. We exchanged instant messenger information and messaged each other for several hours each day for three weeks. By this time, we were saying really lovey things to each other: calling each other "baby", telling each other how much we wished we could cuddle and kiss, etc.

Though we knew each other for a short time, I felt extremely strong emotions toward her. Sometimes I felt really happy, sometimes I felt really sad. I felt connected to her, and I thought she felt the same way about me. I sent her drawings and even let her use my Netflix account. I told her so much about myself. She insisted I tell her how I was feeling, so I did. I was worried that, because it was an online relationship, it would end badly. She insisted everything would be fine.

Then I found out that she'd already been dating a guy online for over two months. Not only that, but she'd been talking to several other guys - sexting with them, even. I was hurt. I asked her why she didn't just tell me about all that before I became emotionally attached. Her answer was that it was because she wants to make people happy. That's ironic.

Needless to say, I stopped talking to her. Now I feel withdrawn. So I'm just venting, really. If anyone has any advice, that'd be great. Although I've already learned not to date online.

Well, I'm sure Rob will be happy to hear that. At the risk of seeming like I'm kicking someone while they're down, a lot of this seemed really naive. You only knew her for three weeks and you let her use your Netflix account (I assume you had to give her such information as your password, etc.)? You should need to get to know someone for a lot longer than that before trusting them.

Regardless, even if it was a very short-term relationship and you two probably never even met in person, it's okay that you're feeling down; just pick yourself up when you're ready and do yourself a favor and be ready sooner rather than later (not necessarily today or tomorrow, but don't drag your feet too long).

My advice to you? Don't actively seek a relationship (and especially not on Omegle; in fact, just don't get on Omegle ever except maybe for a quick laugh or two at the other guy's expense). And don't invest yourself so emotionally so quickly; become friends with someone before dating them.

I can honestly say that I would not change a thing about what I did and how I behaved. I was honest, trusting, caring, and generous. I would rather be all of those things and get taken advantage of than be disingenuous and more "successful".

I understand what you're saying, but there's such a thing as "too trusting". Don't trust strangers; don't trust people you've only known a few weeks (not that much anyway). Again, get to know someone before committing yourself to them.

You're right. I knew I was taking a huge risk, anyway. I know that I shouldn't trust people so much, but I tend to become emotionally attached too quickly. My two options then become 1. suffer through a long period of intense anxiety over whether this person actually likes me or 2. ignore any and all feelings of doubt and risk getting emotionally devastated.
I'll be the one to protect you from
Your enemies and all your demons.
I'll be the one to protect you from
A will to survive and a voice of reason.
I'll be the one to protect you from
Your enemies and your choices, son.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2013 8:50:36 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/27/2013 1:07:35 AM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
At 7/27/2013 1:04:44 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
How it it ironic? Do the other people she talks to have a problem with it?

It's ironic because her answer was "I like to make people happy" and yet what she did didn't make him happy. It really can't get anymore basic than that.

Actually, she did make him happy. He just changed his mind when he found out that she wasn't exclusively making him happy. Also, the reason I asked if the other people were fine with it is that the implication of his claim that this was ironic was that her actions just end up making the people she wants to make happy upset. If the others don't care, this is obviously not the case.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2013 8:51:28 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/27/2013 1:09:19 AM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
At 7/27/2013 1:05:27 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
But yeah, in general, never give ANYBODY (including SOs) account passwords for anything. Some things are supposed to be private.

I think you should be able to trust your significant other enough to reveal private information, such as online passwords, to him/her.

No, that's nonsensical. Those are private.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2013 9:30:14 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
That girl grew up afraid of men and is now reveling in the power she has over them. It makes her feel secure that there are so many guys on the internet doting over her. I wouldn't hold it against her. I'm sure she's capable of love. There's just a lot of bullsh*t to be transcended by anyone before they're really capable of love, I think. I mean, real love is to forfeit the self for someone else. We're all afraid of each other to begin with, but I think anyone can come to love anyone in the end. Only a megalomaniac cares that they're not a person's entire world right off the bat.
DakotaKrafick
Posts: 1,517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2013 5:16:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/27/2013 8:50:36 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 7/27/2013 1:07:35 AM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
At 7/27/2013 1:04:44 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
How it it ironic? Do the other people she talks to have a problem with it?

It's ironic because her answer was "I like to make people happy" and yet what she did didn't make him happy. It really can't get anymore basic than that.

Actually, she did make him happy. He just changed his mind when he found out that she wasn't exclusively making him happy. Also, the reason I asked if the other people were fine with it is that the implication of his claim that this was ironic was that her actions just end up making the people she wants to make happy upset. If the others don't care, this is obviously not the case.

I did not interpret that supposed implication at all. It's irrelevant whether or not the others were okay with it; it's still ironic as it made him unhappy.
DakotaKrafick
Posts: 1,517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2013 5:19:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/27/2013 8:51:28 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 7/27/2013 1:09:19 AM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
At 7/27/2013 1:05:27 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
But yeah, in general, never give ANYBODY (including SOs) account passwords for anything. Some things are supposed to be private.

I think you should be able to trust your significant other enough to reveal private information, such as online passwords, to him/her.

No, that's nonsensical. Those are private.

No, this is nonsensical: fjklsdhtblj asdfi@opoitberi thiplks??!?

How is what I said nonsensical? Sharing private information like passwords can make doing errands and relaying information much easier. But again, you really need to be with someone you trust completely; to not share that information is like saying "I love and trust you, but not that much".
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2013 8:39:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
WTF is sexting?
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Such
Posts: 1,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2013 8:42:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/27/2013 12:25:55 AM, toolpot462 wrote:
I recently attempted to engage in an online relationship. I met a girl on Omegle who seemed interesting and easy to talk to. We exchanged instant messenger information and messaged each other for several hours each day for three weeks. By this time, we were saying really lovey things to each other: calling each other "baby", telling each other how much we wished we could cuddle and kiss, etc.

Though we knew each other for a short time, I felt extremely strong emotions toward her. Sometimes I felt really happy, sometimes I felt really sad. I felt connected to her, and I thought she felt the same way about me. I sent her drawings and even let her use my Netflix account. I told her so much about myself. She insisted I tell her how I was feeling, so I did. I was worried that, because it was an online relationship, it would end badly. She insisted everything would be fine.

Then I found out that she'd already been dating a guy online for over two months. Not only that, but she'd been talking to several other guys - sexting with them, even. I was hurt. I asked her why she didn't just tell me about all that before I became emotionally attached. Her answer was that it was because she wants to make people happy. That's ironic.

Needless to say, I stopped talking to her. Now I feel withdrawn. So I'm just venting, really. If anyone has any advice, that'd be great. Although I've already learned not to date online.

Well... interestingly, you're just as likely to encounter that in a traditional relationship.

Time will heal it. Cash in your frustrations and pain, then move on, whether it's online or in person. Remain open to new opportunities with new people, pay attention to how eager someone is (it's a good indication of their proclivities -- if you haven't earned a special place in her heart, then it's probably pretty easy to get to that special place, which likely means you're not the only one), and try not to take things too seriously until they're actually serious.
TheMellowMan
Posts: 13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2013 12:02:19 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/27/2013 8:39:10 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
WTF is sexting?

It's heaven.

But actually, fun sexy messages/pictures sent between two people. Maybe some role-playing, whatever it is you're into
TheMellowMan
Posts: 13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2013 12:02:56 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/27/2013 8:39:10 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
WTF is sexting?

It's heaven.

But actually, fun sexy messages/pictures sent between two people. Maybe some role-playing, whatever it is you're into.
airmax1227
Posts: 13,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2013 12:05:33 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/27/2013 8:39:10 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
WTF is sexting?

haha seriously?

Welcome to the 21st century :P

Not that I mean to hassle you Rob, but if anyone was going to ask that question I wouldn't expect it to be you.
Debate.org Moderator
TheMellowMan
Posts: 13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2013 12:15:04 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
If you have any high places nearby, you can stand up there and look over the edge, it really helps clear the mind. Really I view life as a choice, you either want to live life or not live. If you choice to live you live it to it's fullest, meaning being happy. If not, go stand on that edge of the high place. Doing that also helps you decide what you truly want to do.
airmax1227
Posts: 13,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2013 12:19:02 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/28/2013 12:15:04 AM, TheMellowMan wrote:
If you have any high places nearby, you can stand up there and look over the edge, it really helps clear the mind. Really I view life as a choice, you either want to live life or not live. If you choice to live you live it to it's fullest, meaning being happy. If not, go stand on that edge of the high place. Doing that also helps you decide what you truly want to do.

While I similarly love to view scenery from high up places to see beautiful views, it's probably best not to recommend someone who "Doesn't know how to cope" to stand on the edge of high up places.
Debate.org Moderator
TheMellowMan
Posts: 13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2013 12:23:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/28/2013 12:19:02 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 7/28/2013 12:15:04 AM, TheMellowMan wrote:
If you have any high places nearby, you can stand up there and look over the edge, it really helps clear the mind. Really I view life as a choice, you either want to live life or not live. If you choice to live you live it to it's fullest, meaning being happy. If not, go stand on that edge of the high place. Doing that also helps you decide what you truly want to do.

While I similarly love to view scenery from high up places to see beautiful views, it's probably best not to recommend someone who "Doesn't know how to cope" to stand on the edge of high up places.

Eh, I do it all the time when I'm fucked up. My window leads to the roof and is perfect. You can stare up at the never-ending sky or look down at the peasants of the earth. It helps clear the head.

But fine, listen to the above dude I suppose.
TheMellowMan
Posts: 13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2013 12:29:07 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/28/2013 12:23:55 AM, TheMellowMan wrote:
At 7/28/2013 12:19:02 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 7/28/2013 12:15:04 AM, TheMellowMan wrote:
If you have any high places nearby, you can stand up there and look over the edge, it really helps clear the mind. Really I view life as a choice, you either want to live life or not live. If you choice to live you live it to it's fullest, meaning being happy. If not, go stand on that edge of the high place. Doing that also helps you decide what you truly want to do.

While I similarly love to view scenery from high up places to see beautiful views, it's probably best not to recommend someone who "Doesn't know how to cope" to stand on the edge of high up places.

Eh, I do it all the time when I'm fucked up. My window leads to the roof and is perfect. You can stare up at the never-ending sky or look down at the peasants of the earth. It helps clear the head.

But fine, listen to the above dude I suppose.

Yeah, I thought about it more. My method doesn't work for everybody I suppose. Instead work out, eat healthy, be well groomed, take up a hobby, maybe a religion, go to some social places (like a bar or club or something). You'll meet a girl. Do the above (minus the high places advice because all hail airmax) and you'll get happy again. It's just a state of mind, one that you're perfectly capable of achieving.
airmax1227
Posts: 13,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2013 12:39:50 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/28/2013 12:29:07 AM, TheMellowMan wrote:
At 7/28/2013 12:23:55 AM, TheMellowMan wrote:
At 7/28/2013 12:19:02 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 7/28/2013 12:15:04 AM, TheMellowMan wrote:
If you have any high places nearby, you can stand up there and look over the edge, it really helps clear the mind. Really I view life as a choice, you either want to live life or not live. If you choice to live you live it to it's fullest, meaning being happy. If not, go stand on that edge of the high place. Doing that also helps you decide what you truly want to do.

While I similarly love to view scenery from high up places to see beautiful views, it's probably best not to recommend someone who "Doesn't know how to cope" to stand on the edge of high up places.

Eh, I do it all the time when I'm fucked up. My window leads to the roof and is perfect. You can stare up at the never-ending sky or look down at the peasants of the earth. It helps clear the head.

But fine, listen to the above dude I suppose.

Yeah, I thought about it more. My method doesn't work for everybody I suppose. Instead work out, eat healthy, be well groomed, take up a hobby, maybe a religion, go to some social places (like a bar or club or something). You'll meet a girl. Do the above (minus the high places advice because all hail airmax) and you'll get happy again. It's just a state of mind, one that you're perfectly capable of achieving.

Different things work for different people. I wasn't criticizing your advice, I perhaps made a joke that was inappropriate though. I think your other suggestions of things to occupy ones self with is sound advice, and especially your advice of maintaining a positive attitude. I'm not sure what the "All hail airmax" thing is supposed to mean though, but I agree with the rest of what you said for the most part.

Keeping ones self busy and productive, and doing the things that will help achieve the things one wants, can go along ways towards being happy.
Debate.org Moderator
DakotaKrafick
Posts: 1,517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2013 12:52:44 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/28/2013 12:05:33 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 7/27/2013 8:39:10 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
WTF is sexting?

haha seriously?

Welcome to the 21st century :P

Not that I mean to hassle you Rob, but if anyone was going to ask that question I wouldn't expect it to be you.

I thought the same thing at first. Then I recalled he said he'd ditched his cellphone a year or so ago. Then I realized "sexting" is such an obviously-constructed portmanteau that he still should have easily guessed its meaning. Then I found out "Dr. Seuss" is supposed to rhyme with "voice". Now I just don't know what to think...
airmax1227
Posts: 13,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2013 12:57:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/28/2013 12:52:44 AM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
At 7/28/2013 12:05:33 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 7/27/2013 8:39:10 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
WTF is sexting?

haha seriously?

Welcome to the 21st century :P

Not that I mean to hassle you Rob, but if anyone was going to ask that question I wouldn't expect it to be you.

I thought the same thing at first. Then I recalled he said he'd ditched his cellphone a year or so ago. Then I realized "sexting" is such an obviously-constructed portmanteau that he still should have easily guessed its meaning. Then I found out "Dr. Seuss" is supposed to rhyme with "voice". Now I just don't know what to think...

Rob doesn't know what sexting is, and now you break this Dr. Seuss thing to me? How much more can you turn my world upside down tonight?

The universe has gone mad, I'm not sure I can stay any longer.
Debate.org Moderator