ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 11:39:27 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/1/2013 8:05:35 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I'ma do some push-ups.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 11:54:21 AM
I was smoking my last cigarette last night - and enjoying it for being the last one - and I was laughing at it, like, "You're beaten now! Haha!" when all of a sudden it leaped from my hand, burned my neck slightly, then made down my top, trying to burn the rest of me obviously. That was the Devil and he was mad I'm p sure.

There was a bit in Walden also where he was on about like an evil genius inside him who works separate to him and I definitely get that feeling a lot. Anyone else? I can pull off bad stuff so perfectly and even not having meant to, but when it comes to good stuff my aim isn't so true... I think it's a psychological issue needs resolving before I'm absolutely awesome to be honest, and I'll get there!
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 4:52:07 PM
Coming up on cigarette free for about 20 hours. This is a record for me across the last 7 years about.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 4:56:55 PM
I find that the best strategy to quit smoking, is that whenever you get a burning desire to smoke, just inject yourself w/ heroin. Worked for me, and now I have been smoke-free for 5 years.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 4:58:52 PM
At 8/1/2013 4:56:55 PM, darkkermit wrote:
I find that the best strategy to quit smoking, is that whenever you get a burning desire to smoke, just inject yourself w/ heroin. Worked for me, and now I have been smoke-free for 5 years.

are you joking or not?

some times I'm bad at detecting sarcasm.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 5:00:08 PM
I just don't seem to have any craving whatsoever to be perfectly honest, lol. It's kinda crazy. I did some praying to my grandfather and God and stuff last night; maybe that has something to do with it ;D
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 5:01:33 PM
At 8/1/2013 4:58:52 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/1/2013 4:56:55 PM, darkkermit wrote:

are you joking or not?

some times I'm bad at detecting sarcasm.

Pretty sure he's telling the truth. Nonsensical commas by him and use of numbers suggests truth.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 6:17:07 PM
If you're operating on sheer willpower, and 22 hours is your record for 7 years, it sounds like you're doomed to fail eventually. Your frequent updates suggest that smoking has been on your mind at multiple points during the day. Now I really have absolutely 0 knowledge of what you're going through must be like, but I'd imagine you'd need to take more prohibitive measures if you never want to relapse again.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 6:23:14 PM
At 8/1/2013 6:17:07 PM, 000ike wrote:
If you're operating on sheer willpower, and 22 hours is your record for 7 years, it sounds like you're doomed to fail eventually. Your frequent updates suggest that smoking has been on your mind at multiple points during the day. Now I really have absolutely 0 knowledge of what you're going through must be like, but I'd imagine you'd need to take more prohibitive measures if you never want to relapse again.

Psh, I'm literally bouncing around the place all day singing 'I'm quitting cigaaarettes! I'm quitting cigaaarettes!' I got this, man. Bring on day 2!
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 6:24:31 PM
000ike I once fought an entire street full of people, like 15 of them, and won. That'll tell you something about my willpower.
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 6:32:47 PM
At 8/1/2013 6:24:31 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
000ike I once fought an entire street full of people, like 15 of them, and won. That'll tell you something about my willpower.

That says less about how much willpower you have and more about what kind of weapon you were using at the time, or which kind of school bus those 15 people had just gotten off of.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 6:32:53 PM
At 8/1/2013 6:26:12 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
You have gotten rid of all cigarettes in the vicinity right?

Nope, have a fresh box very close to me. Seems the best way, sheer force of will. Also, my mother smokes heavy and she's in the vicinity. Good fun teasing her about her smoking too, btw. She hypnotized herself trying to quit a few years ago and still couldn't quit, lol. She's cranky! Whoa I'm feeling weird now though.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 6:35:44 PM
At 8/1/2013 6:32:47 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
At 8/1/2013 6:24:31 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

That says less about how much willpower you have and more about what kind of weapon you were using at the time, or which kind of school bus those 15 people had just gotten off of.

Lol, I didn't have any weapon. I got attacked by a crowd of gypsies one night and just pretty much destroyed the lot of them :D Well, I wasn't going too brutal but laughing at their efforts and turning them upside down and stuff and they all remember me to this day lol. One of them is supposed to be a tough guy around the place and his buddy called him back to deal with me lately, only when he realized it was me he turned and legged it lol I'm kind of a big deal ;D
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 6:36:19 PM
At 8/1/2013 6:32:53 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

Nope, have a fresh box very close to me. Seems the best way, sheer force of will. Also, my mother smokes heavy and she's in the vicinity. Good fun teasing her about her smoking too, btw. She hypnotized herself trying to quit a few years ago and still couldn't quit, lol. She's cranky! Whoa I'm feeling weird now though.

Is this a joke? you're wasting your own time. Even if you did quit, you'd still be at risk of cancer and respiratory illnesses being around someone that does. I suggest you take all yours and her cigarettes and throw them away. Throw away all of your lighters too. And, I don't know, get a patch or something.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 6:37:41 PM
At 8/1/2013 6:36:19 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/1/2013 6:32:53 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

Is this a joke? you're wasting your own time. Even if you did quit, you'd still be at risk of cancer and respiratory illnesses being around someone that does. I suggest you take all yours and her cigarettes and throw them away. Throw away all of your lighters too. And, I don't know, get a patch or something.

I started in a bid to make her quit actually, her and my little cousin. I'm just gonna be as cheeky and belittling as possible in my quitting now and hopefully that'll get them off them.
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 6:42:40 PM
Do some more pushups.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 6:47:04 PM
At 8/1/2013 6:42:40 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:
Do some more pushups.

just did like 2 mins ago. Doing push-UPS so much better than normal also. Feeling much more alive here or something
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 7:10:40 PM
Into the 23rd hour now. Good bye cigarettes! Also haven't masturbated in ages either.... Like over a week. This is quite the ride I'm going on...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 10:36:25 PM
Lol. Wait until you see someone enjoying a cigarette and tell me you don't want one.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...