Jump to topic:

40 days of dating

Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 5:32:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
What do you do when you"re tired of the prospect of dating? Two good friends with opposite relationship problems found themselves single at the same time. As an experiment, they dated for 40 days.

http://fortydaysofdating.com...

Jessica is a hopeless romantic, and Tim's the player. They document their feelings and sh!t after every day they date. It's an interesting experiment to say the least. They've started developing feelings for each other now, on day 25th, which collaborates with my theory that you can fall in love with anyone, given adequate time.

Definite check out material.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 6:17:53 AM
At 8/2/2013 5:32:37 AM, Cermank wrote:
What do you do when you"re tired of the prospect of dating? Two good friends with opposite relationship problems found themselves single at the same time. As an experiment, they dated for 40 days.

Jessica is a hopeless romantic, and Tim's the player. They document their feelings and sh!t after every day they date. It's an interesting experiment to say the least. They've started developing feelings for each other now, on day 25th, which collaborates with my theory that you can fall in love with anyone, given adequate time.

Wanna try this with me, Cermank? :3
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 6:23:08 AM
wait for it...
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 6:26:57 AM
wait for it....
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 6:30:07 AM
wait for it..
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 7:01:04 AM
At 8/2/2013 6:17:53 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:

Lol. Do you really want to date a 40 year old unemployed man living in his mom's basement?
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 7:15:29 AM
At 8/2/2013 7:01:04 AM, Cermank wrote:

Lol. Do you really want to date a 40 year old unemployed man living in his mom's basement?

Wow Cermank, that's some low self-esteem you got there :P I think you're pretty cool all right!
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 7:20:12 AM
At 8/2/2013 7:15:29 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:

Wow Cermank, that's some low self-esteem you got there :P I think you're pretty cool all right!

It's not you, it's me.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 7:29:15 AM
At 8/2/2013 7:27:29 AM, Cermank wrote:
At 8/2/2013 7:23:50 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I like your blog...

What?! I do...
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 7:48:09 AM

I'm with you in that enough time could fall in love with almost anyone. There probably are some cases where people are so different in beliefs/living habits/other things that fear and hatred squeeze out the ability to fall in love.

I also believe since it is so easy to fall in love that many people make the classic mistake of putting too much importance on the falling in love part thinking people are destined to be compatible the rest of their lives. It clouds the judgement and stops people from doing a honest long term compatibility assessment.

I think I might need to create a website that helps people perform that assessment. I could help a lot of people from making a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad decision.
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 8:54:50 AM

That's classic.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 9:01:57 AM

and the hammer drops, and we find once more, evidence that there are no women on the Internet, simply men masquerading as women.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 9:03:17 AM
At 8/2/2013 9:01:57 AM, Buddamoose wrote:

and the hammer drops, and we find once more, evidence that there are no women on the Internet, simply men masquerading as women.

Don't be so sure of that. I've had my share of pix without dix.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 9:03:30 AM

And power is exerted over the situation. Good job, guys. Excellently done, everyone.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 9:04:22 AM
At 8/2/2013 9:03:17 AM, Cermank wrote:

Don't be so sure of that. I've had my share of pix without dix.

photoshopped of course
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 9:04:32 AM
At 8/2/2013 8:54:50 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:

That's classic.

Why are you referring to yourself in third person?
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 9:06:30 AM
At 8/2/2013 9:04:32 AM, Cermank wrote:
ClassicRobert wrote:
That's classic.

Why are you referring to yourself in third person?

ba-dum tss
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 9:15:39 AM
At 8/2/2013 7:48:09 AM, slo1 wrote:

I'm with you in that enough time could fall in love with almost anyone. There probably are some cases where people are so different in beliefs/living habits/other things that fear and hatred squeeze out the ability to fall in love.

I think its easier to hate from afar, than to hate a person living in close proximity with you. Like, maybe love's too strong of a word, but living together WHILE hating each other is a very insignificant outlier. I'd look for studies regarding this, maybe something like level of happiness in arranged marriages vis a vis love marriage.

I also believe since it is so easy to fall in love that many people make the classic mistake of putting too much importance on the falling in love part thinking people are destined to be compatible the rest of their lives. It clouds the judgement and stops people from doing a honest long term compatibility assessment.

True. I have lost the count of number of times I had to tell people to 'work for their relationship', rather than waiting for their significant other to turn to Mr. Right. Hollywood movies set up a dangerous precedent, in this regard.

I think I might need to create a website that helps people perform that assessment. I could help a lot of people from making a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad decision.

DO IT.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 9:16:54 AM
How come everyone's gotta seem such a robot to me..... Hey Cermank, I found your pics and you're cute ;D
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 9:27:59 AM
hold on... I just saw ur sig cermank... Ur Ayushi from facebook? HAHA, how's that sexting going?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 10:04:09 AM
At 8/2/2013 9:27:59 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
hold on... I just saw ur sig cermank... Ur Ayushi from facebook? HAHA, how's that sexting going?

This sounds wrong to people not in on the conversation.