Jump to topic:

Baby kitten. (Personal Version.)

Noctan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2013 2:03:48 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
This was at first put in Miscellaneous, then I figured it would go better here.

These two neighborhood kids had got a 4 week old kitten from a guy giving them out for free. They came over and showed me, and I was worried. Kittens should not be taken from their mother at such a young age, but the mother must have died. I told the kids to not hold it too much, and to give it some milk with an eyedropper, or break up bread into bits then soak in warm milk. The parents obviously didn't care about the kitten, as they told the kids to put it in a shed in a box, and also because of what happened to it.

I was outside playing with these two kittens that my cat Chloe had when I first found her. I heard something that at first I thought was a bird. Then my cat Grey went over to check it out, And I see him following a tiny white kitten that looked like Rose (the kids' kitten)and was mewing loudly.. It was all dirty and I went over to it and tried to pick it up and it ran. Eventually I got it and at first I thought the poor things eyes were gouged out or something, then realized they were REALLY infected, and it got to one of its nostrils and clogged it. They must have been holding it too much and eventually just let it go.

I took it inside and put blankets in a box, cut a smaller box and used that as the bed, used a tinfoil container and put litter in it for a makeshift catbox, and put that in my room. (all fitting into the box) After I did this, I gently cleaned its eyes with a wet warm cloth, and applied some cat eye ointment (that I had some left from another trip at the vet) and put some in its eyes. The poor cat was terrified, and wouldn't move from where I put it in the box. Shortly after it started mewing, and I got an eyedropper, put some milk in a dish and heated it, opened the kittens mouth, and it started drinking the milk from the eyedropper.

It isn't as scared anymore, and is asleep cuddled into the blankets of the box. I'm not going to give the kitten to the kids, as they're parents obviously didn't care about the cat, and they let it go in the first place. This may seem harsh, but they're just kids, and without the parents help won't be able to do much.

This is my first time taking care of a kitten this young, and if there are any tips or things I can do, please tell me. I'm planning on taking it to the vet, not for the eyes, as I know what to do there, but to get a extra check to see if the kitten has any other things that need to be taken care of. But again, any tips or other things I can do, PLEASE tell me.
I can manage my anger if people can manage their stupidity.
Jack212
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2013 7:01:23 PM
You should Google your problem, it's more likely you'll find the answers there than here.
Tiffany1billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 1:38:34 PM
Call a veterinarian. They go through a LOT of schooling to get their degree (the same as a human doctor) and can provide much more reliable advice than the internet can. You can find anything on the internet...
Tiffany