Do you agree

wordy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 11:12:13 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Do you agree with these points:
1) Trans* women. Do you think just because they have male genitalia/breasts they're any less of a woman? Why?
2) Women don't HAVE to have boobs and a vagina to be considered women.
-Give reasons for your opinions.
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2013 10:28:27 AM
My usual position has always been the presence on the Y chromosome. But that's from a purely biological standpoint. If you need to sit down to pee, just go into the lady's room. If you can breast feed, then breast feed.
0x5f3759df
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 11:18:07 AM
At 8/17/2013 5:12:43 AM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:
If they are legally classed as a woman then they are a woman.

Dum dum.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 5:18:12 PM
"I think they have a real problem with being biologically programmed to behave as women while being physically male."- Someone told me that women aren't biologically programmed to behave in anyway. What do you have to say on this?

I think that women have innate differences in psychology as a result of evolution. The scientific research on this is overwhelming in supporting the fact of innate differences. Every individual is different, so we shouldn't expect everyone to fit the averages, but the statistics are clear.

Studies have been done on boys raised as girls, which happens sometimes when external male genitalia are missing due to birth defect. Despite all the socialization of parents and peers, the boys emerge with the basic wired-in male psychology.

1) Trans* women. Do you think just because they have male genitalia/breasts they're any less of a woman? Why?

I think question is code for "are they less valuable as human beings." No, people are what nature made them and should not be judged by how much they conform to the averages. Based on what I gather, psychologically they are as much women as any women. They are physically male, so insofar as physical differences matter, they are different. Men have a lot more upper body strength, so I think they shouldn't compete in women's sports. There are sports where that difference doesn't matter, equestrian has never been divided into gender groups. All women should be allowed to compete in men's sports if they wish to.

"Considered women" is a property of the person doing the considering, not a property of the person being considered. How other people "consider" is none of my business. Legally, I think the problem has to considered issue by issue. Most of the time, I think if a medical professional suitably qualified declares that an apparent male is psychologically a woman, then the law should conform to that unless the physical aspects of gender are important.

I am not well-informed on transgendered psychology, so maybe there are differences of which I am unaware.
jpearce1997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 5:56:26 PM
If they see themselves as a woman then they're a woman none the less and you should respect that whether or not you agree with the whole transgendered lifestyle.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 4:22:50 PM
At 8/16/2013 10:28:27 AM, Bullish wrote:
My usual position has always been the presence on the Y chromosome. But that's from a purely biological standpoint. If you need to sit down to pee, just go into the lady's room. If you can breast feed, then breast feed.

Many men from Germany sit down to pee when at home to lessen the need for cleaning after miss shooting as well as splashing.

Dang it, they get to drink beer for lunch and now they get to go into the ladies rest room. They get all the fun.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 4:29:34 PM
At 8/15/2013 11:12:13 AM, wordy wrote:

Women do not need breasts, uterus's, vagina's, fingers, hair or any other body parts to be considered a woman. There are only two questions that matter:
1. Do you like cranberry juice?
2. Would you freak out if I said you look fat in that outfit?

If the answer to both questions is a yes then it is a woman. Surely I jest, but my very first sentence is very true otherwise when Angelina Jolie gets her mastectomy then she will no longer be a woman.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 5:40:13 PM
At 8/15/2013 11:12:13 AM, wordy wrote:

Under what definition? Under the scientific and biological definitions, the only things that matter are the chromosomes. Not the willy or ta tas. Under the social and cultural definitions, those do make a difference. Of course, there is nothing wrong with challenging and trying to change those cultural and social definitions and views.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
emospongebob527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 5:31:37 PM
dis form is dum.
"not to toot my own horn (it aint need no tooin if u know what im saying), but my writings on "viciousness: the one true viture (fancy spelling for virtue)" and my poem "A poem I wrote about DDO" put me in a class of my damn own. im just an UNRECONGIZED geniuse" -bananafana