Total Posts:46|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

You are a woman, 20 years of age and ...

ben2974
Posts: 767
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 8:08:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
you are attending college. You have a baby at the age of 20 while ur in college, with a boyfriend. You are posting pictures on facebook with all the details of your soon-to-be child. Photos of the womb. Announcing with praise whether the child is male or female. Taking photos of yourself creating a room for the baby, shopping for crap for the baby, etc. (all this stuff is on fb)

Now I ask you. Was your baby an accident or were you expecting/wanting the baby. Remember: you're 20 years of age, have a boyfriend (not married) and you go to college.

Go!
YYW
Posts: 36,282
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 8:09:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/21/2013 8:08:05 PM, ben2974 wrote:
you are attending college. You have a baby at the age of 20 while ur in college, with a boyfriend. You are posting pictures on facebook with all the details of your soon-to-be child. Photos of the womb. Announcing with praise whether the child is male or female. Taking photos of yourself creating a room for the baby, shopping for crap for the baby, etc. (all this stuff is on fb)

Now I ask you. Was your baby an accident or were you expecting/wanting the baby. Remember: you're 20 years of age, have a boyfriend (not married) and you go to college.

Go!

Depends on why the girl was in college: was she looking to advance herself, or was she looking to get a husband so that she could be a housewife... but I guess that in a sense the latter is a kind of advancement as well.
Tsar of DDO
ben2974
Posts: 767
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 8:12:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/21/2013 8:09:39 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/21/2013 8:08:05 PM, ben2974 wrote:
you are attending college. You have a baby at the age of 20 while ur in college, with a boyfriend. You are posting pictures on facebook with all the details of your soon-to-be child. Photos of the womb. Announcing with praise whether the child is male or female. Taking photos of yourself creating a room for the baby, shopping for crap for the baby, etc. (all this stuff is on fb)

Now I ask you. Was your baby an accident or were you expecting/wanting the baby. Remember: you're 20 years of age, have a boyfriend (not married) and you go to college.

Go!

Depends on why the girl was in college: was she looking to advance herself, or was she looking to get a husband so that she could be a housewife... but I guess that in a sense the latter is a kind of advancement as well.

I do not know the answers to those questions. Based off this limited information, what can you claim?
airmax1227
Posts: 13,240
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 8:16:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/21/2013 8:08:05 PM, ben2974 wrote:
you are attending college. You have a baby at the age of 20 while ur in college, with a boyfriend. You are posting pictures on facebook with all the details of your soon-to-be child. Photos of the womb. Announcing with praise whether the child is male or female. Taking photos of yourself creating a room for the baby, shopping for crap for the baby, etc. (all this stuff is on fb)

Now I ask you. Was your baby an accident or were you expecting/wanting the baby. Remember: you're 20 years of age, have a boyfriend (not married) and you go to college.

Go!

There's no way to know the answer to that with the information provided. I can speculate either way, but there seems to be a 50/50 shot at either answer. The information provided also certainly doesn't imply one way or the other, so it would just be a random assumption. The only thing that can be concluded is now that the subject is pregnant she is looking forward to/or planning on, having the child.

But I'm going to say planned because "You have a baby at the age of 20" and "You are posting pictures on facebook with all the details of your soon-to-be child", since this is the second child I'd like to believe the chances of an "accident" twice (or when having the second child) are slimmer.
Debate.org Moderator
YYW
Posts: 36,282
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 8:22:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/21/2013 8:12:04 PM, ben2974 wrote:
At 8/21/2013 8:09:39 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/21/2013 8:08:05 PM, ben2974 wrote:
you are attending college. You have a baby at the age of 20 while ur in college, with a boyfriend. You are posting pictures on facebook with all the details of your soon-to-be child. Photos of the womb. Announcing with praise whether the child is male or female. Taking photos of yourself creating a room for the baby, shopping for crap for the baby, etc. (all this stuff is on fb)

Now I ask you. Was your baby an accident or were you expecting/wanting the baby. Remember: you're 20 years of age, have a boyfriend (not married) and you go to college.

Go!

Depends on why the girl was in college: was she looking to advance herself, or was she looking to get a husband so that she could be a housewife... but I guess that in a sense the latter is a kind of advancement as well.

I do not know the answers to those questions. Based off this limited information, what can you claim?

What do I claim? lol... I claim that I don't know enough information to draw a conclusion.
Tsar of DDO
ben2974
Posts: 767
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 8:25:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/21/2013 8:16:35 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 8/21/2013 8:08:05 PM, ben2974 wrote:
you are attending college. You have a baby at the age of 20 while ur in college, with a boyfriend. You are posting pictures on facebook with all the details of your soon-to-be child. Photos of the womb. Announcing with praise whether the child is male or female. Taking photos of yourself creating a room for the baby, shopping for crap for the baby, etc. (all this stuff is on fb)

Now I ask you. Was your baby an accident or were you expecting/wanting the baby. Remember: you're 20 years of age, have a boyfriend (not married) and you go to college.

Go!

There's no way to know the answer to that with the information provided. I can speculate either way, but there seems to be a 50/50 shot at either answer. The information provided also certainly doesn't imply one way or the other, so it would just be a random assumption. The only thing that can be concluded is now that the subject is pregnant she is looking forward to/or planning on, having the child.

But I'm going to say planned because "You have a baby at the age of 20" and "You are posting pictures on facebook with all the details of your soon-to-be child", since this is the second child I'd like to believe the chances of an "accident" twice (or when having the second child) are slimmer.

Oh crap. I did not mean to say that this person already has a first child. This child she is bearing (and actually she bore it a few months ago) is her first. This whole shebang took place during the 2012-2013 academic year.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 8:27:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Not enough information present to make an informed conclusion
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
ben2974
Posts: 767
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 8:50:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Wellp, i really wish there was an edit button in these forums :/

But anyway, I was always leaning towards the answer of: planned.

I mean even though ur considered young to have a baby at that age, the fact that this person has been posting non-stop - everything positive - about the upcoming newborn, kinda tells me that this person was expecting it. IF she wasn't, I would think she would be a little less open about it and a little less excited....
PunkinPie
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2013 12:51:56 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/21/2013 8:50:42 PM, ben2974 wrote:
Wellp, i really wish there was an edit button in these forums :/

But anyway, I was always leaning towards the answer of: planned.

I mean even though ur considered young to have a baby at that age, the fact that this person has been posting non-stop - everything positive - about the upcoming newborn, kinda tells me that this person was expecting it. IF she wasn't, I would think she would be a little less open about it and a little less excited....

IF this was in fact not planned it doesn't mean she has to be any less excited about it. Shes pregnant. Nothing she could do now but to embrace it and be excited.
People don't always post the negative things about their life to people generally they post positive things so im assuming even if it was a shock to her she probably wouldn't post that.
Jack212
Posts: 572
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2013 1:38:59 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/21/2013 8:50:42 PM, ben2974 wrote:
Wellp, i really wish there was an edit button in these forums :/

But anyway, I was always leaning towards the answer of: planned.

I mean even though ur considered young to have a baby at that age, the fact that this person has been posting non-stop - everything positive - about the upcoming newborn, kinda tells me that this person was expecting it. IF she wasn't, I would think she would be a little less open about it and a little less excited....

She could just be glad that she's pregnant. Most people see pregnancy as something positive, accident or not.
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2013 2:31:24 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Certainly not enough information to prove anything in the court of law, unfortunately.

Try taking a voice/ video recorder and weed something out of her.
leojm
Posts: 1,825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 12:18:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I finished college. I'm engaged. Getting married in November the 15th. Not having kids till at least 2 years into marriage. Because I want to do a lot before having a kid. Like go climb mountains do crazy stuff. Maybe in 4 years run for Governor of Alabama. Yep that's my life.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 4:57:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/26/2013 12:18:49 PM, leojm wrote:
I finished college. I'm engaged. Getting married in November the 15th. Not having kids till at least 2 years into marriage. Because I want to do a lot before having a kid. Like go climb mountains do crazy stuff. Maybe in 4 years run for Governor of Alabama. Yep that's my life.

I hope you realize that nobody believes a single word you're saying. I'd add that nobody cares but that's a given.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
leojm
Posts: 1,825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 5:00:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/27/2013 4:57:00 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 8/26/2013 12:18:49 PM, leojm wrote:
I finished college. I'm engaged. Getting married in November the 15th. Not having kids till at least 2 years into marriage. Because I want to do a lot before having a kid. Like go climb mountains do crazy stuff. Maybe in 4 years run for Governor of Alabama. Yep that's my life.

I hope you realize that nobody believes a single word you're saying. I'd add that nobody cares but that's a given.

Whatever, It's true. but you think whatever you want. Because you know my whole entire life, and my day to day stuff and about my relationships. Yeah you go ahead, you know every damn thing about me don't ya?
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 5:04:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/27/2013 5:00:59 PM, leojm wrote:
At 8/27/2013 4:57:00 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 8/26/2013 12:18:49 PM, leojm wrote:
I finished college. I'm engaged. Getting married in November the 15th. Not having kids till at least 2 years into marriage. Because I want to do a lot before having a kid. Like go climb mountains do crazy stuff. Maybe in 4 years run for Governor of Alabama. Yep that's my life.

I hope you realize that nobody believes a single word you're saying. I'd add that nobody cares but that's a given.

Whatever, It's true. but you think whatever you want. Because you know my whole entire life, and my day to day stuff and about my relationships. Yeah you go ahead, you know every damn thing about me don't ya?

That's not true. I don't know when you first decided to start lying about who you are on the internet. I also don't know why you do it, though I have some ideas.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
leojm
Posts: 1,825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 5:09:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/27/2013 5:04:30 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 8/27/2013 5:00:59 PM, leojm wrote:
At 8/27/2013 4:57:00 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 8/26/2013 12:18:49 PM, leojm wrote:
I finished college. I'm engaged. Getting married in November the 15th. Not having kids till at least 2 years into marriage. Because I want to do a lot before having a kid. Like go climb mountains do crazy stuff. Maybe in 4 years run for Governor of Alabama. Yep that's my life.

I hope you realize that nobody believes a single word you're saying. I'd add that nobody cares but that's a given.

Whatever, It's true. but you think whatever you want. Because you know my whole entire life, and my day to day stuff and about my relationships. Yeah you go ahead, you know every damn thing about me don't ya?

That's not true. I don't know when you first decided to start lying about who you are on the internet. I also don't know why you do it, though I have some ideas.

Wow, I lied about one thing on here and that makes me a lier. You lied to in your life, doesn't mean people don't trust you again because you lied once. Well excuse me I'm not perfect, I'm a sinner just like you. But I'm not lying about this. Plus I started a clean slate when I came back to DDO. Don't bring my past up. Plus how do I know you are not lying bout your information, huh? Like I said you can think what you want, but God knows I'm saying the damn truth. Now keep out of my life if all you do is point out what I did last year and put me down.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 5:14:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/27/2013 5:09:09 PM, leojm wrote:
At 8/27/2013 5:04:30 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 8/27/2013 5:00:59 PM, leojm wrote:
At 8/27/2013 4:57:00 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 8/26/2013 12:18:49 PM, leojm wrote:
I finished college. I'm engaged. Getting married in November the 15th. Not having kids till at least 2 years into marriage. Because I want to do a lot before having a kid. Like go climb mountains do crazy stuff. Maybe in 4 years run for Governor of Alabama. Yep that's my life.

I hope you realize that nobody believes a single word you're saying. I'd add that nobody cares but that's a given.

Whatever, It's true. but you think whatever you want. Because you know my whole entire life, and my day to day stuff and about my relationships. Yeah you go ahead, you know every damn thing about me don't ya?

That's not true. I don't know when you first decided to start lying about who you are on the internet. I also don't know why you do it, though I have some ideas.

Wow, I lied about one thing on here and that makes me a lier. You lied to in your life, doesn't mean people don't trust you again because you lied once. Well excuse me I'm not perfect, I'm a sinner just like you. But I'm not lying about this. Plus I started a clean slate when I came back to DDO. Don't bring my past up. Plus how do I know you are not lying bout your information, huh? Like I said you can think what you want, but God knows I'm saying the damn truth. Now keep out of my life if all you do is point out what I did last year and put me down.

I have lied on here before. I am not, in fact, Spider-Man. That's equivalent, right?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
leojm
Posts: 1,825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 5:18:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/27/2013 5:14:52 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 8/27/2013 5:09:09 PM, leojm wrote:
At 8/27/2013 5:04:30 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 8/27/2013 5:00:59 PM, leojm wrote:
At 8/27/2013 4:57:00 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 8/26/2013 12:18:49 PM, leojm wrote:
I finished college. I'm engaged. Getting married in November the 15th. Not having kids till at least 2 years into marriage. Because I want to do a lot before having a kid. Like go climb mountains do crazy stuff. Maybe in 4 years run for Governor of Alabama. Yep that's my life.

I hope you realize that nobody believes a single word you're saying. I'd add that nobody cares but that's a given.

Whatever, It's true. but you think whatever you want. Because you know my whole entire life, and my day to day stuff and about my relationships. Yeah you go ahead, you know every damn thing about me don't ya?

That's not true. I don't know when you first decided to start lying about who you are on the internet. I also don't know why you do it, though I have some ideas.

Wow, I lied about one thing on here and that makes me a lier. You lied to in your life, doesn't mean people don't trust you again because you lied once. Well excuse me I'm not perfect, I'm a sinner just like you. But I'm not lying about this. Plus I started a clean slate when I came back to DDO. Don't bring my past up. Plus how do I know you are not lying bout your information, huh? Like I said you can think what you want, but God knows I'm saying the damn truth. Now keep out of my life if all you do is point out what I did last year and put me down.

I have lied on here before. I am not, in fact, Spider-Man. That's equivalent, right?

No duh. I knew that, that's just a profile pic that you got off the internet. I'm not stupid. You may not have lied on here but don't tell me you never lied in real life. And everybody you lied to in real life don't think you are a lier always and never trust anything you say anymore. Am I right?
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 5:51:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/26/2013 12:18:49 PM, leojm wrote:
Maybe in 4 years run for Governor of Alabama. Yep that's my life.

Gonna take longer than that. You need to be at least 30, and not only that be a resident of the state for seven years. You have quite a long way to go, if that is in fact what you want to do.

Also its a good idea to at least get elected to some sort of state office before running for governor, like a house rep. To even get elected to a house rep. position, your going to need to prove you can hold a political office and handle it, which means probably starting at city level(like a city council) then moving up to mayorship, then bouncing to the house rep. then if you are lucky you might just have enough recognition to be elected as governor.

I would say you wouldn't have enough recognition and experience to feasibly be elected governor of a state until you are about 40, if you get to it immediately.

Research,common sense, and a sense of reality: Its important when planning ones goals in life
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
leojm
Posts: 1,825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 5:54:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/27/2013 5:51:04 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 8/26/2013 12:18:49 PM, leojm wrote:
Maybe in 4 years run for Governor of Alabama. Yep that's my life.

Gonna take longer than that. You need to be at least 30, and not only that be a resident of the state for seven years. You have quite a long way to go, if that is in fact what you want to do.

Also its a good idea to at least get elected to some sort of state office before running for governor, like a house rep. To even get elected to a house rep. position, your going to need to prove you can hold a political office and handle it, which means probably starting at city level(like a city council) then moving up to mayorship, then bouncing to the house rep. then if you are lucky you might just have enough recognition to be elected as governor.

I would say you wouldn't have enough recognition and experience to feasibly be elected governor of a state until you are about 40, if you get to it immediately.

Research,common sense, and a sense of reality: Its important when planning ones goals in life

ok, when I turn the age I want to. I figured that out already, (Some one mentioned it to me) but I didn't care to post it. I admit and not afraid to say, I dono a lot of stuff about politics but enough to get by.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 5:59:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Oh and you are going to have a much harder time if you aren't affiliated with a major political party, i.e. Democrat/Republican. You have stated in another thread that you don't consider yourself a "republican" but rather a conservative.

Let us ignore that Republicans are technically conservatives, and examine that you have denounced the political party most in line with your ideals, with the resources and support base to elect public servants to office, and say that you best have major wealth of your own for that office, because its going to cost you an average of about 1 mil. just to get elected to a house rep. position.

A gubernatorial position? Upwards of 150 million plus. Again, you need alot of recognition, alot of supporters, and plenty of wealth of your own, and you are renouncing the party that is in the best position to get you those resources? Not very smart
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 6:02:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/27/2013 5:54:57 PM, leojm wrote:
I admit and not afraid to say, I dono a lot of stuff about politics but enough to get by.

If you can't even be bothered to research the basics, or at least know them, then how can you even say you know enough about politics to "get by?" That makes no sense, much like you saying you aren't a "republican" when you are a conservative, which largely means you are a... republican.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
leojm
Posts: 1,825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 6:04:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/27/2013 6:02:03 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 8/27/2013 5:54:57 PM, leojm wrote:
I admit and not afraid to say, I dono a lot of stuff about politics but enough to get by.

If you can't even be bothered to research the basics, or at least know them, then how can you even say you know enough about politics to "get by?" That makes no sense, much like you saying you aren't a "republican" when you are a conservative, which largely means you are a... republican.

I'm not a Republican. there are republicans that are liberal, and there are democrats that are Conservative. I do try to make an effort and learn about the United States and all. Unlike some Americans who don't even know their own countries history.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 6:10:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/27/2013 6:04:32 PM, leojm wrote:

I'm not a Republican. there are republicans that are liberal, and there are democrats that are Conservative.

having tendencies that shade opposite towards the ideology you most affiliate with, doesn't mean that a person suddenly isn't either one. For example, I am pro-choice, pro-legalization of marijuana, etc. but very much conservative in many other aspects. Does that suddenly not make me a conservative? No. The world is not entirely black and white as you appear to be trying to pen it into, it is an infinite amount of shades of gray. Welcome to politics
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
leojm
Posts: 1,825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 6:14:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/27/2013 6:10:05 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 8/27/2013 6:04:32 PM, leojm wrote:

I'm not a Republican. there are republicans that are liberal, and there are democrats that are Conservative.

having tendencies that shade opposite towards the ideology you most affiliate with, doesn't mean that a person suddenly isn't either one. For example, I am pro-choice, pro-legalization of marijuana, etc. but very much conservative in many other aspects. Does that suddenly not make me a conservative? No. The world is not entirely black and white as you appear to be trying to pen it into, it is an infinite amount of shades of gray. Welcome to politics

I know, I don't see things black and white all the time. Also just because you believe in some Conservative views doesn't make you a full Conservative. Liberals believe in pro-choice. I can't believe you are for abortion, no Conservative believes that is right, and I can't believe you are a christian and for abortion. That just puzzles me. If I were to judge you I would say you are not a full Conservative and you are leaning more towards the liberal side.
leojm
Posts: 1,825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 6:25:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/27/2013 6:10:05 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 8/27/2013 6:04:32 PM, leojm wrote:

I'm not a Republican. there are republicans that are liberal, and there are democrats that are Conservative.

having tendencies that shade opposite towards the ideology you most affiliate with, doesn't mean that a person suddenly isn't either one. For example, I am pro-choice, pro-legalization of marijuana, etc. but very much conservative in many other aspects. Does that suddenly not make me a conservative? No. The world is not entirely black and white as you appear to be trying to pen it into, it is an infinite amount of shades of gray. Welcome to politics

You know, I'm done with this discussion, I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you about something so irrelevant. I'd rather go talk to my other real strong Conservatives like me. Go argue with some one else if you feel like you need to argue. I'm not up for your argument. Like I said end of discussion.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 6:26:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/27/2013 6:14:47 PM, leojm wrote:

I know, I don't see things black and white all the time.

Now watch as she pegs me into being "liberal" because of but one view that dissents from what most conservatives believe.

Also just because you believe in some Conservative views doesn't make you a full Conservative.

There is no such thing as being "full conservative" or full anything. Again, you are trying to peg things into a black and white picture, and if they don't fit, you try to make them fit, as the following shows:

Liberals believe in pro-choice.

Voila, and if that wasn't enough:

I can't believe you are for abortion, no Conservative believes that is right

and I can't believe you are a christian and for abortion.

I didn't say I was for abortion, I said that I was pro-choice. Welcome to politics, this is the exact shades of gray that I am talking about. Just because I am "pro-choice" doesn't mean I am automatically for abortion. I am also pro-LBGT. Why? Because that is a persons right to choose. A person has the freedom to do what they will, and I as a christian will not judge or condemn them for it, because as Jesus taught, that is not our place. We are to be tolerant, and allow others to do what they will do. Their time of judgement will come, and they will have to reconcile for what they do. BUT THAT IS GODS DOING NOT OURS.

I can't believe you are a christian and you don't believe someone should have the right to choose. Do I think abortions should happen? No, I wish they didn't, but if someone chooses to, it is not my place TO FORCE THEM TO NOT DO SO. That is exactly what Christ preached that we should not do.

That just puzzles me.

It shouldn't

If I were to judge you I would say you are not a full Conservative and you are leaning more towards the liberal side.

Just based off of me being pro-choice, that makes no sense, and is rather ignorant of what it means to be conservative as a whole. There are LBGT conservatives, and i'm pretty sure based off what you just said, you would say there is no way they could be conservative because they are LBGT, and everyone knows just like being against abortion, a conservative must always be against the LBGT community...
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
leojm
Posts: 1,825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 6:28:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/27/2013 6:26:13 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 8/27/2013 6:14:47 PM, leojm wrote:

I know, I don't see things black and white all the time.

Now watch as she pegs me into being "liberal" because of but one view that dissents from what most conservatives believe.

Also just because you believe in some Conservative views doesn't make you a full Conservative.

There is no such thing as being "full conservative" or full anything. Again, you are trying to peg things into a black and white picture, and if they don't fit, you try to make them fit, as the following shows:

Liberals believe in pro-choice.

Voila, and if that wasn't enough:

I can't believe you are for abortion, no Conservative believes that is right

and I can't believe you are a christian and for abortion.

I didn't say I was for abortion, I said that I was pro-choice. Welcome to politics, this is the exact shades of gray that I am talking about. Just because I am "pro-choice" doesn't mean I am automatically for abortion. I am also pro-LBGT. Why? Because that is a persons right to choose. A person has the freedom to do what they will, and I as a christian will not judge or condemn them for it, because as Jesus taught, that is not our place. We are to be tolerant, and allow others to do what they will do. Their time of judgement will come, and they will have to reconcile for what they do. BUT THAT IS GODS DOING NOT OURS.

I can't believe you are a christian and you don't believe someone should have the right to choose. Do I think abortions should happen? No, I wish they didn't, but if someone chooses to, it is not my place TO FORCE THEM TO NOT DO SO. That is exactly what Christ preached that we should not do.

That just puzzles me.

It shouldn't

If I were to judge you I would say you are not a full Conservative and you are leaning more towards the liberal side.

Just based off of me being pro-choice, that makes no sense, and is rather ignorant of what it means to be conservative as a whole. There are LBGT conservatives, and i'm pretty sure based off what you just said, you would say there is no way they could be conservative because they are LBGT, and everyone knows just like being against abortion, a conservative must always be against the LBGT community...

In your big issues it clearly states you are pro Abortion, so don't be lying to me.
Also a strong Conservative doesn't agree with one thing that liberals agree with. That is what a full Conservative is, but then you wouldn't know that would you? I'm done with you.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 6:30:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/27/2013 6:25:41 PM, leojm wrote:

You know, I'm done with this discussion, I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you about something so irrelevant. I'd rather go talk to my other real strong Conservatives like me.

lol, ostriche in the sand approach eh? Good for you,

Go argue with some one else if you feel like you need to argue. I'm not up for your argument. Like I said end of discussion.

I honestly suggest you not go into politics, this country is effed up specifically because of the mentality you just displayed in doing this.

1) It is not an argument, it is a discussion, as you labeled it at the end. Big difference
2) Why aren't you up for the argument? If you really want to get into politics, this should be exactly what you relish in. The opportunity to argue for, and try to convince someone of the validity of your views.

I honestly suggest you not go into politics, this country is messed up politically specifically because of the mentality you just displayed in this post. No offense intended, but if there were more of a "discussion" and less of a "I Don't want to listen, na-na-na-na can't hear you na-na-na, not going to talk anymore, na-na-na" it wouldn't be so dang difficult to actually accomplish things.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion