Jump to topic:

Thoughts on Becoming a Castrated Circus Act

R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 6:36:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I was complaining the other day about my bank account's sad state of affairs, and an acquaintance suggested becoming a "Castrated Circus Performer" - you know a guy who cuts off his penis and performs at the circus making people wonder how he can pull off all those tricks if he actually had genitals to worry about getting in the way.... it doesn't sound like it's quite the job for me, but I was wondering what the general DDO community has to say about it?
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 10:16:11 PM
For those that don't get the context on why the neo-luddite is pissed:

"I was complaining the other day about my bank account's sad state of affairs, and an acquaintance suggested becoming a "webcam model" you know a girl who gets on her webcam and talks and chats... and takes off her clothes and such. it doesn't sound like it's quite the job for me, but I was wondering what the general DDO community has to say about it?"
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 10:16:42 PM
And his reply:

"Yes it is necessarily bad that you considered it, but, IMO, perhaps for different reasons than you are considering.

I think it's utterly pathetic that somebody would choose to sell their own privacy just to spend that money on wasteful indulgences. I'm guessing you aren't considering this because you have children that are malnourished, it's probably to pay for luxuries. Most people's day-jobs can pay for rent and food, it's when you start adding things like fast-food, cellphones/smartphones, cable, shopping, etc. that we "need" to consider alternate forms of income.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Dakota, but aren't you the one who was talking about broadcasting your sex life over the internet for fun? Assuming I didn't mistake him for somebody else here, I want to say that if you enjoy this sort of thing like he does then by all means go for it. But if you're caving in to your own gluttony and going to sell yourself off at the expense of your own self-esteem, then I would seriously consider trying to cut out some of these bills you have that are pushing you down this path as opposed to becoming an internet pseudo-prostitute."
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2013 12:18:22 AM
At 8/23/2013 6:36:14 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
I was complaining the other day about my bank account's sad state of affairs, and an acquaintance suggested becoming a "Castrated Circus Performer" - you know a guy who cuts off his penis and performs at the circus making people wonder how he can pull off all those tricks if he actually had genitals to worry about getting in the way.... it doesn't sound like it's quite the job for me, but I was wondering what the general DDO community has to say about it?

I think you should take the job purely for irony's sake, what with you being a complete dick and all.
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2013 3:13:29 AM
No job is 'morally' good or 'morally ' bad. A job is a job. Morals are subjective.

A job is a part of your life. If you feel being a 'castrated circus act' is your calling, you should go for it. If you feel it enriches your life, would add to your varied experience, definitely go for it.

Thy aim should be to be happy. Just because someone says wanting more things is 'selfish' doesn't make it so. Just because people feel castration is painful and useless doesn't make it so. It's all about experiences. A job isn't some *means* to live life. It is a part of life.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2013 8:43:55 AM
Well it's a good thing you're here to lead us all to the promised land with your transcendent and clearly objective sense of morality, man.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2013 11:51:28 AM
It takes more than being dickless to be a successful circus act.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2013 5:48:08 PM
Did you know that there are people who use resources like Craig's List to find individuals who would be willing to eat their testicles? This one guy put out an ad to find somebody to cook his testicles and eat them for him. He got several responses and conducted interviews, determining that the first couple of people were "crazy" before finding a suitable recipient. I bet that when we become one of Michio Kaku's "type one civilizations," that we will have so many people that you'll be able to find as many testicles as you could ever desire to consume. I'm surprised Michio doesn't take his arguments all the way to their logical ends when he gives those inspirational speeches. Now Michio has added a type four civilization in which we're dealing with the big crunch/big bang and we escape into hyperspace to find a new universe that isn't experiencing heat death. Anyway, back to the subject of removing genitalia - a type four civilization (for those of you who don't follow Michio, we are type zero at present, will be type one when we harness the power of our planet, type two when we harness the energy of our sun, and type three when we harness the power of our galaxy) would be so advanced and have so many options available to the average citizen, that there is really no limit to the freakishness of what we will be able to accomplish once such power is in our hands. There will be entire planets dedicated to consuming nothing but cooked testicles, probably achieving variety by changing the way they cook them. Boiled, steamed, rolled up raw into sushi... pan-fried, deep-fried (don't get those mixed in with your order of fried mushrooms!)... It's something to think about, anyway.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 11:17:34 PM
At 8/24/2013 5:48:08 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Did you know that there are people who use resources like Craig's List to find individuals who would be willing to eat their testicles? This one guy put out an ad to find somebody to cook his testicles and eat them for him. He got several responses and conducted interviews, determining that the first couple of people were "crazy" before finding a suitable recipient. I bet that when we become one of Michio Kaku's "type one civilizations," that we will have so many people that you'll be able to find as many testicles as you could ever desire to consume. I'm surprised Michio doesn't take his arguments all the way to their logical ends when he gives those inspirational speeches. Now Michio has added a type four civilization in which we're dealing with the big crunch/big bang and we escape into hyperspace to find a new universe that isn't experiencing heat death. Anyway, back to the subject of removing genitalia - a type four civilization (for those of you who don't follow Michio, we are type zero at present, will be type one when we harness the power of our planet, type two when we harness the energy of our sun, and type three when we harness the power of our galaxy) would be so advanced and have so many options available to the average citizen, that there is really no limit to the freakishness of what we will be able to accomplish once such power is in our hands. There will be entire planets dedicated to consuming nothing but cooked testicles, probably achieving variety by changing the way they cook them. Boiled, steamed, rolled up raw into sushi... pan-fried, deep-fried (don't get those mixed in with your order of fried mushrooms!)... It's something to think about, anyway.

Somehow this reminds me of season 3 of game of thrones.