Jump to topic:

Interviewed by Psychologists

AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2013 10:06:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Now, I'm not so sure how I did, but I'd say I did rather well. We'll see, I guess. But yeah, it was very interesting.

I didn't read up on the course prior, and just stayed my own unorganized self completely pretty much. I didn't even bring in the necessary documentation, which seemed expected, which seemed right. There was also this really pretty girl, much the same as me, waiting outside the door with me. She was there first, but didn't want to go first, and so I did. If I do get the course, and she does, we're going out - I love her. lol.

But so it started, this pretty girl and I having a brief little tangle outside the door for one of the examiners to see, me accommodating as ever. And then there were the questions.

To be honest, I'm not sure if I was very honest, but hopefully they'll know more about me than me. I let myself be lead throughout the interview, voicing the first thing that popped into my head the entire time pretty much - an old trick of mine for gaining a person's sympathy, endearing myself to them - a whole load of more physical reactions thrown in as well. Or it might have seemed that I was lead at the beginning off the interview at least.

I answered their questions well, though, quickly and off the top of my head. I was family oriented, but who wouldn't be? I was caring. At one point they brought up the number of people I was contesting against and it unnerved me somewhat, and I showed it. I think this was good. It was the communist in me, not looking to put anyone else down, just to help. They followed this with what sort of work experience I'd like to do and my latching onto this spoke well for me, I think, especially considering my disinterest as regards the technical stuff they followed it up with. They were gauging my reaction to the bit about those I was vying against for this position, the next bit about work experience to see if I would latch onto helping people, and the final bit to see if I wasn't just latching on to being in with a shot against all those others, which I wasn't.

However, I couldn't keep it up. I was offered back control towards the end, the examiner asking me did I have any questions and then quickly moving on from that, covering it with more details about the course and what I'm required to submit should I be accepted, and I just couldn't resist it. I tore the offer to question them up from beneath the pile he'd hidden it under, played with it a while, humming and hawing with a big smug smile on my face to show that I knew well what I'd being doing prior, and then answered, "No," messer that I am. I also then took to hugely emulating the examiner who'd stayed quiet throughout the interview, a rather fat women to be honest, conveniently fat. My gracious goodbyes were said to her, the emulation another old trick of endearment.

And then there was the handshake test, which I think I passed, too.

All in all, it owned whether I succeeded in the interview or not, but I think I did. It's not like smugness is a complete failing, is it?
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2013 10:08:29 PM
I mean, I did open the interview bringing the examiner's own smugness to the fore ;D

Hopefully I just didn't come across too condescending or anything lol.

Damn I'm good.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2013 10:53:18 PM
Just what exactly was your intended point in this little exercise? Moreover, what was your purpose in sharing it with us?
Tsar of DDO
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2013 11:26:32 PM
Well I'm not one for brutally exposing a person's nonsense. You like to run people around the place, though, don't you, YYW? And this is a lovely little piece about me and an interaction I had with a dude significantly older than me. Ring any bells? Poor doggy done tried to bite :3
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2013 11:35:18 PM
I mean really, there was a time when I actually was interested in what you had to say... but now all you want to talk about is how you are the same guy you've always been, and how much of an idiot you think I am. Just dull... I'll bet you're on antidepressants, which is depressing. You're far less interesting now.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2013 11:37:05 PM
At 8/30/2013 11:35:41 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
tl;dr lol

Meh, I figured as much. The old badger would have come up with something clever. But the new badger... just dull.
Tsar of DDO
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2013 11:38:54 PM
At 8/30/2013 11:37:05 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/30/2013 11:35:41 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
tl;dr lol

Meh, I figured as much. The old badger would have come up with something clever. But the new badger... just dull.

YYW, you're calling be boring in defense because I brought you to do so. You've been lead like the idiot that you are. Let's not continue the delusion.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2013 11:40:20 PM
Badger....

Nobody f***ing cares.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2013 11:40:35 PM
At 8/30/2013 11:37:11 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Seriously, though, smugness isn't a complete failing, right?

Oh of course. Let's list my complete failings, shall we? I'm an arrogant, smug, pompous, eccentric, self-absorbed, and above all queer douchecunt. But enough about me. You are so very boring... and I'm depressed about that. I long for the old badger, the one who actually deserved the name "badger." Now, you're more like a neutered zoo exhibit.
Tsar of DDO
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2013 11:41:05 PM
At 8/30/2013 10:53:18 PM, YYW wrote:
Just what exactly was your intended point in this little exercise? Moreover, what was your purpose in sharing it with us?

He wants his existence acknowledged.

Thanks to you he's succeeding...
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2013 11:42:10 PM
At 8/30/2013 11:40:45 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 8/30/2013 11:40:20 PM, imabench wrote:
Badger....

Nobody f***ing cares.

You care :3

I really dont. Nobody cares anything about you
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2013 11:42:43 PM
At 8/30/2013 11:41:05 PM, 000ike wrote:

Yes, yes... I'm very well aware. I don't mind acknowledging him though. No matter how hard he tries to get me to hate him, I think Badger is actually a fairly novel, amusing fellow. But lately, he's been unforgivably dull... which is terribly unfortunate.
Tsar of DDO
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2013 11:43:33 PM
At 8/30/2013 11:42:43 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/30/2013 11:41:05 PM, 000ike wrote:

Yes, yes... I'm very well aware. I don't mind acknowledging him though. No matter how hard he tries to get me to hate him, I think Badger is actually a fairly novel, amusing fellow. But lately, he's been unforgivably dull... which is terribly unfortunate.

Stop it.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2013 11:43:47 PM
At 8/30/2013 11:42:10 PM, imabench wrote:
At 8/30/2013 11:40:45 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 8/30/2013 11:40:20 PM, imabench wrote:
Badger....

Nobody f***ing cares.

You care :3

I really dont. Nobody cares anything about you

I resent that. I care about everyone

but like whiny children, some people are better off ignored for the time being.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault