Jump to topic:

Ask Me Anything xXCryptoXx

xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2013 6:53:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I've been seeing a couple of these lately and they look pretty fun.

Lately I've been really wanting to get to know other members on a more personal level, but I think this would be a good opportunity for you guys to know me on a personal level.

Anyways, feel free to ask me about my personal life, what I believe, politics, ambitions, how I came to this site, favorite sports teams, anything!
Nolite Timere
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2013 6:56:48 PM
At 9/18/2013 6:53:41 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

Lately I've been really wanting to get to know other members on a more personal level, but I think this would be a good opportunity for you guys to know me on a personal level.

Anyways, feel free to ask me about my personal life, what I believe, politics, ambitions, how I came to this site, favorite sports teams, anything!

What is it about Santorum that makes you like him?
Tsar of DDO
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2013 7:07:21 PM
At 9/18/2013 6:56:48 PM, YYW wrote:

If I'm correct (I really don't pay much attention to politicians honestly, because I hate most of them. I care for political ideologies, not the government leaders that hold them) Rick focuses more on social issues such as abortion, gay marriage, ect. and holds a very Conservative position on them.

In addition, I agree with him on economics.
Nolite Timere
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2013 7:08:55 PM
At 9/18/2013 7:07:21 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

If I'm correct (I really don't pay much attention to politicians honestly, because I hate most of them. I care for political ideologies, not the government leaders that hold them) Rick focuses more on social issues such as abortion, gay marriage, ect. and holds a very Conservative position on them.

Interesting.

Are your reasons for agreeing with Santorum of a religious character?
Tsar of DDO
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2013 7:10:59 PM
At 9/18/2013 7:08:55 PM, YYW wrote:

Interesting.

Are you ultimately asking if my position on social issues is held because of my religion?
Nolite Timere
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2013 7:13:42 PM
At 9/18/2013 7:10:59 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

Interesting.

Are you ultimately asking if my position on social issues is held because of my religion?

That is what I am asking.
Tsar of DDO
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2013 7:17:24 PM
At 9/18/2013 7:13:42 PM, YYW wrote:

Interesting.

Are there any social issues you want to know of specifically?

If I were to not be a Christian my beliefs would still be the same, if not slightly different.

I would be still be against abortion, seeing that I believe the right to life starts at conception.

I would be undecided on gay marriage.

I would still be against drug legalization except for Marijuana, since I think it is ultimately detrimental to the society.

I would still be against legalized prostitution because I believe this may lead to an overall drop in morality among the society, and I also believe that this could lead to forced prostitution being a real problem.

Overall, regardless of religion I still hold Conservative views on social issues.
Nolite Timere
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2013 7:32:06 PM
At 9/18/2013 7:17:24 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

Interesting.

Sure... but I see you've explicated on a few below. So, I'll read those now.

If I were to not be a Christian my beliefs would still be the same, if not slightly different.

I would be still be against abortion, seeing that I believe the right to life starts at conception.

I would still be against drug legalization except for Marijuana, since I think it is ultimately detrimental to the society.

I would still be against legalized prostitution because I believe this may lead to an overall drop in morality among the society, and I also believe that this could lead to forced prostitution being a real problem.

Overall, regardless of religion I still hold Conservative views on social issues.

I'm not taking issue with your having religious reasons for social positions. I was just curious if the reason you hold the social views that you do is for religious reasons or not.
Tsar of DDO
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2013 8:27:13 PM
At 9/18/2013 7:32:06 PM, YYW wrote:
I'm not taking issue with your having religious reasons for social positions. I was just curious if the reason you hold the social views that you do is for religious reasons or not.

To officially answer your question:

I have both secular and nonsecular reasons for the views I hold on social issues.
Nolite Timere
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 9:15:09 AM

As opposed to the way it is now where it's not a problem at all right?

: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 10:29:10 AM
At 9/19/2013 10:15:42 AM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:
From a non religious point why are you against gay marriage?

Read one of his debates on it. He doesn't use religious reasons in his arguments.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 10:31:37 AM

Is it any better due to it being illegal? In America, we've been spending more and more on drug control, arresting more and more people, but there's been no change in drug addiction rates. Wouldn't it be better to just legalize it and treat it as a medical issue rather than a criminal issue?
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 11:38:23 AM
Why are you here?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 4:09:14 PM
At 9/19/2013 9:15:09 AM, Noumena wrote:

If it were to be legalized, wouldn't that be an easy way to take advantage of others and force them into prostitution, without the risks of getting caught for illegal activity?

Example:

Prostitution is illegal, girl prostitutes herself, gets caught by police. She fesses up about how she is in some prostitution trafficking business, bad guy eventually gets caught, budda bing.

Prostitution is legal, girl prostitutes herself. Nothing happens. She is being forced into prostitution.

I just think it may be an unnecessary risk. Also, I believe in objective morality, I believe God blesses the society that holds an overall good sense of morality, and I believe that prostitution undermines the objective morality God has set out.

Even despite religion, I still think the society should uphold an overall good sense of morality.
Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 4:09:50 PM
At 9/19/2013 9:37:19 AM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
Are you a boy or are you a girl?

I am male, as easily seen via my profile picture and profile page.
Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 4:11:17 PM
At 9/19/2013 10:15:42 AM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:
From a non religious point why are you against gay marriage?

http://www.debate.org...

This was my latest debate on the subject. If you are really interested you can just read that.
Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 4:19:06 PM
At 9/19/2013 10:31:37 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:

Is it any better due to it being illegal? In America, we've been spending more and more on drug control, arresting more and more people, but there's been no change in drug addiction rates. Wouldn't it be better to just legalize it and treat it as a medical issue rather than a criminal issue?

No change in drug addiction rates as opposed to what? Drugs being legal?

Anyways, I don't agree with the particular way the government is dealing with drug prohibition, but I still want drugs to be illegal.

I want drugs to be difficult to get. As soon as they become legalized, I am worried that drug usage among teenagers will skyrocket, which is ultimately detrimental to society since they are the ones who are to continue the society. I want as small amount of people on drugs as possible, for the health of the society.
Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 4:20:01 PM
At 9/19/2013 11:38:23 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Why are you here?

Free will among humanity allowed my existence.

Or are you asking what is the point of my life?
Nolite Timere
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 4:21:35 PM
At 9/19/2013 10:31:37 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:

and who do you suppose would pay for those medical treatments? Those rehabilitations? Those people who would recieve drugs through medical care professionals? What happens if a person can't get ahold of the drugs legally? What do you suppose will happen then? Certainly not criminal activity to gain possession of even more of the drugs the addicts want?

The more i contemplate on this issue, the more I come to realize that switching drugs from illegal to legal, would replace one set of costs with another, it would heap even more government upon the issue, and thus defeat the purpose if legalizing drugs in the first place according to most that argue in favor of it(that being a reduced governmental oversight/spending, reduction in regulations/laws, etc.)

The only drug I might perhaps be swayed to consider at this point would be the legalization of marijuana. Everything else imo, such as heroin, cocaine, etc. should honestly stay off the table of consideration.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 5:32:29 PM
At 9/19/2013 4:09:14 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

If it were to be legalized, wouldn't that be an easy way to take advantage of others and force them into prostitution, without the risks of getting caught for illegal activity?

Example:

Prostitution is illegal, girl prostitutes herself, gets caught by police. She fesses up about how she is in some prostitution trafficking business, bad guy eventually gets caught, budda bing.

Prostitution is legal, girl prostitutes herself. Nothing happens. She is being forced into prostitution.

Do you think legalizing prostitution necessitates legalized rape/slavery?

I just think it may be an unnecessary risk. Also, I believe in objective morality, I believe God blesses the society that holds an overall good sense of morality, and I believe that prostitution undermines the objective morality God has set out.

That's really really dumb.

Even despite religion, I still think the society should uphold an overall good sense of morality.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 5:47:38 PM

Example:

Why "Nothing happens?" Why not, I dunno, go to the cops on her own?

Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 5:51:37 PM
So uhhh, you like....stuff?
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 6:34:19 PM
At 9/19/2013 5:47:38 PM, drafterman wrote:

Example:

Why "Nothing happens?" Why not, I dunno, go to the cops on her own?

Because realistically, people tend to keep things bottled up like this until confronted about it directly. Now it's obviously not the case all the time.

Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 6:36:34 PM
At 9/19/2013 5:32:29 PM, Noumena wrote:

Example:

Do you think legalizing prostitution necessitates legalized rape/slavery?

No, I think they both may lead to increased actions of rape and prostitution slavery.

That's really really dumb.

To each his own.

Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 6:37:22 PM
At 9/19/2013 5:51:37 PM, Magic8000 wrote:
So uhhh, you like....stuff?

Yeah, stuff is pretty nice. Other stuff though, ugh.
Nolite Timere