Jump to topic:

Anyone else fear being old?

Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 6:03:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
One of my fears is old age. I don't like it that I may very well not be able to see, hear, be physically active, and think as well as I use to. I just don't want it to happen. I'm around older people all the time and I'm constantly reminded that it's likely that I will be like them. Deteriorating mind and body, having to take pills to live, it's just a sad thought.

Anyone else think this way?
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 6:18:43 PM
At 9/19/2013 6:03:16 PM, Magic8000 wrote:
One of my fears is old age. I don't like it that I may very well not be able to see, hear, be physically active, and think as well as I use to. I just don't want it to happen. I'm around older people all the time and I'm constantly reminded that it's likely that I will be like them. Deteriorating mind and body, having to take pills to live, it's just a sad thought.

I do to, and I fear even after that: death. it seems life is just going so fast right now and that I can't keep up so I am afraid that I will die before getting to do some of the things I've always wanted to do.
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Disquisition
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 8:25:53 PM

Yeah man I'm just gonna tell the doc to get the guillotine. Peter pan, young forever!!!!
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2013 7:11:01 AM

I fear Alzheimers and demntia. It's a scary thought, that one day I could just lose my ability to keep a grasp on reality. I fear schizophrenia in the same way, but to a lesser degree. I also have a sever fear of ALS, because I have a family history of it.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2013 10:27:55 AM
I went one year with reduced physical stability/ stamina and brain fog. The worst year of my life. Never again.

You actually start feeling like an appendage. It sucks bad.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2013 3:26:49 PM
No.

Live a good life and do what makes you happy and I think you'll ease into old age.

Age isn't something you notice, it's just something that happens so gradually I don't think you'll have time to fear getting old.