Jump to topic:

I feel violated.

Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2013 7:55:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
So on this one site (not DDO), some dude sent a penis picture without asking my permission. I count this as visual rape and told him so, after informing him that I was reporting him. I am pissed. How can I learn to predict this in advance?
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2013 8:05:51 PM
At 9/26/2013 7:55:54 PM, Sitara wrote:
So on this one site (not DDO), some dude sent a penis picture without asking my permission. I count this as visual rape and told him so, after informing him that I was reporting him. I am pissed. How can I learn to predict this in advance?

"visual rape"? Is that a thing? It's horribly obnoxious to send people unrequested dick pics, and you were right to report him, but wut?
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2013 8:07:03 PM
At 9/26/2013 8:05:51 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

"visual rape"? Is that a thing? It's horribly obnoxious to send people unrequested dick pics, and you were right to report him, but wut?

Another word for sexual harassment, sorry.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2013 8:09:23 PM
At 9/26/2013 8:07:03 PM, Sitara wrote:

Oh, okay. See, you could have just said that. :p
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2013 8:13:00 PM

Just think about all the school children who have had this visual raped forced upon them....

http://www.google.com.au...
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2013 9:06:23 PM
I'd say don't open files from someone you don't know.
I don't even trust files from some people I do know
though in all fairness I know they are computer incompetent and the file they are forwarding is most likely a virus. Ha
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2013 9:07:31 PM
So on this one site (not DDO)

It was reddit wasn't it? Those guys over there...

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2013 9:09:57 PM

Did you make fun of it? Nothing gets a guy to stop sending dick pics faster then saying stuff like

"Awww hes so teeny!"
"If he sees his shadow does that mean we'll have 6 more weeks of summer?"
"LOL, it looks like the half-a-cheeto i found under my bed"
"If youre d*ck was an ipod, it would be an Ipod Nano"
"LOL, my d*ck is bigger then THAT" <------------------- Also freaks them out because they may think they sent their pic to a guy pretending to be a chick
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2013 9:16:53 PM
At 9/26/2013 9:09:57 PM, imabench wrote:

Did you make fun of it? Nothing gets a guy to stop sending dick pics faster then saying stuff like

"Awww hes so teeny!"
"LOL, my d*ck is bigger then THAT" <------------------- Also freaks them out because they may think they sent their pic to a guy pretending to be a chick

You're not a real man if you let a few minor insults get to you, gotta power through

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2013 9:33:50 PM

Not to nitpick, but it isn't sexual harassment if it is a one time thing. (assault, maybe, but not harassment)

How can you predict this?
You really can't online.
Some people make it their purpose to befriend others only to betray/annoy them.

Did you feel you knew this person? If so, should you have expected it?
If you feel you didn't know this person well, then take comfort in the fact that you weren't betrayed, and make it a point to not open PMs/links from those you don't know/trust.
My work here is, finally, done.
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2013 10:36:20 PM
At 9/26/2013 9:33:50 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Not to nitpick, but it isn't sexual harassment if it is a one time thing. (assault, maybe, but not harassment)

How can you predict this?
You really can't online.
Some people make it their purpose to befriend others only to betray/annoy them.

Did you feel you knew this person? If so, should you have expected it?
If you feel you didn't know this person well, then take comfort in the fact that you weren't betrayed, and make it a point to not open PMs/links from those you don't know/trust.

Advice taken. Thanks. :)
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 1:41:33 AM
Visual rape? Yes sending a picture like that is wrong in the extreme but I highly doubt that the picture raped you.
Turn around, go back.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 4:21:17 PM
That is the sort of thing that should be immediately reported to Airmax, whereupon he will use all of the resources at his disposal to ensure that it won't happen ever again. As to predicting that, hard to say, but sexual harassment I think is never tolerated on DDO.
Tsar of DDO
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 4:27:45 PM
At 9/27/2013 1:41:33 AM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:
Visual rape? Yes sending a picture like that is wrong in the extreme but I highly doubt that the picture raped you.

That would be the funniest sy-fy movie ever made though..... 'The raping picture'
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 4:59:11 PM
At 9/27/2013 4:21:17 PM, YYW wrote:
That is the sort of thing that should be immediately reported to Airmax, whereupon he will use all of the resources at his disposal to ensure that it won't happen ever again. As to predicting that, hard to say, but sexual harassment I think is never tolerated on DDO.

i think you missed the part when she said it was not ddo
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 4:59:40 PM
At 9/27/2013 4:59:11 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 9/27/2013 4:21:17 PM, YYW wrote:

i think you missed the part when she said it was not ddo

lol... yes I did. Whoops!
Tsar of DDO
Atrag
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2013 6:26:49 AM
Oh yeah someone sending you a picture of their penis is just as bad as someone raping you. Please don't insult rape victims by saying you've been 'raped' but this picture.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2013 9:43:03 AM
At 9/28/2013 6:26:49 AM, Atrag wrote:
Oh yeah someone sending you a picture of their penis is just as bad as someone raping you. Please don't insult rape victims by saying you've been 'raped' but this picture.

it was a wrong choice of words cool your jets you bloody internet stalker
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Naysayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2013 9:56:58 AM
At 9/26/2013 9:16:53 PM, lewis20 wrote:

"Awww hes so teeny!"

You're not a real man if you let a few minor insults get to you, gotta power through

Some would say the same about restraining orders and pepper spray.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2013 1:03:38 PM
At 9/28/2013 9:56:58 AM, Naysayer wrote:
At 9/26/2013 9:16:53 PM, lewis20 wrote:

"Awww hes so teeny!"

Some would say the same about restraining orders and pepper spray.

Exactly, how's she supposed to know how much you love her if you give up at the first court order or macing.

Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2013 1:38:24 PM

Do you and her have like a bad history together?
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2013 3:08:24 PM
At 9/28/2013 1:38:24 PM, Cermank wrote:

he's from createdebate, the site that sitara got kicked off from. he tracked her down to try to show how "bad" she is. he's basically trying to provoke her and get her kicked from here
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2013 12:16:35 PM

I never once said that it was as bad as rape and I was raped in my life, thank you very much.
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2013 12:17:29 PM
At 9/28/2013 1:38:24 PM, Cermank wrote:

I do not want to get into that. I am not trying to have drama here.
Beverlee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2013 1:03:46 PM

"Awww hes so teeny!"

THIS
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2013 1:11:44 PM
At 9/30/2013 1:08:43 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I'm very tempted to post a pic of my cock here.

Please do not embarrass yourself like that kid.