Total Posts:77|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Need for Attention: ask me questions

Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2013 3:28:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Do it.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2013 3:33:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Ooh I've always wondered, are you attracted to women at all?

(Maikuru, if you're reading this, don't worry about it OKAY)
yang.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2013 3:33:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Why do you have so many weird-looking avatars?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2013 4:27:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
If you knew you were going to be stranded in a wilderness, but were not told what type of wilderness, what 10 things would you bring with you? Note; no electronics.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2013 4:52:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I think Mysterious_Stranger came to perceive other people negatively what with his many younger siblings having taken attention from him at a young age and so lessened his control, hence his asexuality. What do you think?

As per the only other two asexuals I really ever knew anything about, one of them was a dude with a really slutty older sister and the other was a rich girl who ate a lot and fancily.

Sexuality is definitely not inherent.
YYW
Posts: 36,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2013 6:54:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
How many boyfriends have you had?

Is the current semester going well?

Are you currently in a relationship with someone other than Oyrus?

What is the best thing that's ever happened to you?

What's the worst thing that's ever happened to you?

Would you, if given the opportunity, throat punch someone you thought deserved it?

Do you have any pets? (Siblings don't count)

How many times have you found love in that most hopeless of places known to us as grindr?

What classes are you taking this semester? No. of hours?

What do you think of the recent trend of people to submit themselves to interrogation on DDO?

To what extent do you think DDO's is a culture of confession?

Who is your favorite DDO member who you think exemplifies what you think are ideal criteria? (You may choose, of course, which criteria you think are ideal.)

Who is your least favorite DDO member who you think exemplifies the least ideal criteria you can think of? (As with the question above, please list the criteria you choose.)

Do you like answering questions?

If either yes or no, why or why not?

I think that's enough questions for now... lol
Tsar of DDO
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2013 8:02:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
coffee or tea?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2013 10:17:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Will you marry me?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 11:07:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/2/2013 3:33:14 PM, tulle wrote:
Ooh I've always wondered, are you attracted to women at all?

(Maikuru, if you're reading this, don't worry about it OKAY)

Only beautiful ladies such as yerself.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 11:08:01 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/2/2013 3:33:19 PM, 000ike wrote:
Why do you have so many weird-looking avatars?

You think they're weird looking?
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 11:08:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/2/2013 3:39:18 PM, drafterman wrote:
Describe a hypothetical day in the life of a person in your ideal form of (non)government.

I don't understand the question.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 11:09:58 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/2/2013 4:27:17 PM, Maikuru wrote:
If you knew you were going to be stranded in a wilderness, but were not told what type of wilderness, what 10 things would you bring with you? Note; no electronics.

Are we counting by individual items or by sets? I.e., each book counting as one item or them as a whole counting as one.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 11:10:52 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/2/2013 4:44:14 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Do you think you're gay because you're ginger?

Yes. I've done the research and the results are disconcerting to say the least. I'm looking at you MassiveDump.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 11:14:45 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/2/2013 4:52:27 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I think Mysterious_Stranger came to perceive other people negatively what with his many younger siblings having taken attention from him at a young age and so lessened his control, hence his asexuality. What do you think?

I can't remember ever interacting with him so I couldn't tell you.

As per the only other two asexuals I really ever knew anything about, one of them was a dude with a really slutty older sister and the other was a rich girl who ate a lot and fancily.

Sexuality is definitely not inherent.

I have no comment.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 11:32:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/2/2013 6:54:01 PM, YYW wrote:
How many boyfriends have you had?

Define boyfriend.

Is the current semester going well?

Pretty well. I'm surprised I'm doing as well as I am with no books and as many missed classes as I've had.

Are you currently in a relationship with someone other than Oyrus?

Chrumbelievable as well. More seriously, I have a thing with someone but it's as of now hard for me to define.

What is the best thing that's ever happened to you?

Meeting my current circle of friends.

What's the worst thing that's ever happened to you?

The first ten years of my life.

Would you, if given the opportunity, throat punch someone you thought deserved it?

Probably not. I've been in situations where someone obviously deserved it but I just don't have a violent capacity I don't think.

Do you have any pets? (Siblings don't count)

Yeah, two dogs and a rabbit.

How many times have you found love in that most hopeless of places known to us as grindr?

Love? Never. What I have found isn't appropriate for a public forum though.

What classes are you taking this semester? No. of hours.

12 hours. A speech class, another World Civ course, something about humanities as a generality during the Renaissance, and a World Religions course.

What do you think of the recent trend of people to submit themselves to interrogation on DDO?

As a participant in the trend I don't think I'd be able to give an objective analysis. Speaking for myself, I saw Freedo's thread and liked what I saw.

To what extent do you think DDO's is a culture of confession?

We talking Foucault now?

Who is your favorite DDO member who you think exemplifies what you think are ideal criteria? (You may choose, of course, which criteria you think are ideal.)

Hard to say. Probably Danielle simply because she's well rounded in mafia, forums, and debate. Bluesteel is a close second.

Who is your least favorite DDO member who you think exemplifies the least ideal criteria you can think of? (As with the question above, please list the criteria you choose.)

Maybe Imabench. Not starting trouble I just don't think he adds much of worth to the site.

Do you like answering questions?

Depends on the question.

If either yes or no, why or why not?

See above.


I think that's enough questions for now... lol
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 11:35:01 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/2/2013 7:03:12 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
For what reason do you seek attention?

Probably the same reasons other people do.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 11:36:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/2/2013 8:02:05 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
coffee or tea?

I like tea but coffee is the clear favorite. Can't live without my soy ice coffee.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 11:37:22 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/2/2013 10:17:34 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Will you marry me?

Pics first
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 11:38:26 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/3/2013 11:08:39 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 10/2/2013 3:39:18 PM, drafterman wrote:
Describe a hypothetical day in the life of a person in your ideal form of (non)government.

I don't understand the question.

Ground level view of what an ideal (to you) society would be like.
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 11:43:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/3/2013 11:38:26 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 10/3/2013 11:08:39 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 10/2/2013 3:39:18 PM, drafterman wrote:
Describe a hypothetical day in the life of a person in your ideal form of (non)government.

I don't understand the question.

Ground level view of what an ideal (to you) society would be like.

My approach to politics precludes those kinds of predictions/teleology (depending on whether yer asking a normative or a descriptive question right now).
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 11:48:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/3/2013 11:43:35 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 10/3/2013 11:38:26 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 10/3/2013 11:08:39 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 10/2/2013 3:39:18 PM, drafterman wrote:
Describe a hypothetical day in the life of a person in your ideal form of (non)government.

I don't understand the question.

Ground level view of what an ideal (to you) society would be like.

My approach to politics precludes those kinds of predictions/teleology (depending on whether yer asking a normative or a descriptive question right now).

You're making this difficult.

Ok, you win an entirely sovereign, independent, island nation. What would you do with it?
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 12:01:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/3/2013 11:48:00 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 10/3/2013 11:43:35 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 10/3/2013 11:38:26 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 10/3/2013 11:08:39 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 10/2/2013 3:39:18 PM, drafterman wrote:
Describe a hypothetical day in the life of a person in your ideal form of (non)government.

I don't understand the question.

Ground level view of what an ideal (to you) society would be like.

My approach to politics precludes those kinds of predictions/teleology (depending on whether yer asking a normative or a descriptive question right now).

You're making this difficult.

I'm not trying to. The kind of unfounded predictions and teleological arguments of so much of analytic political philosophy are something I'm trying to get away from. I apologize though because I know this type of approach is foreign to the way most people think about politics and social organization.

Ok, you win an entirely sovereign, independent, island nation. What would you do with it?

I dunno. That type of thinking about social organization is exactly what I'm trying to get away from. My political philosophy is methodological and in such a way that renders questions like that meaningless at best and at worst part of the actual problem. I assure you I'm not trying to be difficult here.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 12:03:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/3/2013 12:01:26 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 10/3/2013 11:48:00 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 10/3/2013 11:43:35 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 10/3/2013 11:38:26 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 10/3/2013 11:08:39 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 10/2/2013 3:39:18 PM, drafterman wrote:
Describe a hypothetical day in the life of a person in your ideal form of (non)government.

I don't understand the question.

Ground level view of what an ideal (to you) society would be like.

My approach to politics precludes those kinds of predictions/teleology (depending on whether yer asking a normative or a descriptive question right now).

You're making this difficult.

I'm not trying to. The kind of unfounded predictions and teleological arguments of so much of analytic political philosophy are something I'm trying to get away from. I apologize though because I know this type of approach is foreign to the way most people think about politics and social organization.

Ok, you win an entirely sovereign, independent, island nation. What would you do with it?

I dunno. That type of thinking about social organization is exactly what I'm trying to get away from. My political philosophy is methodological and in such a way that renders questions like that meaningless at best and at worst part of the actual problem. I assure you I'm not trying to be difficult here.

Ok, let's get to fundamentals, then.

What does it mean to say that your political philosophy is "methodological?" As opposed to what?
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 12:06:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/3/2013 11:50:31 AM, Cermank wrote:
One place in history you'd like to live in?

1960's France lol. If you'd asked me a few months ago I'd say nineteenth century Germany. Or a few years ago it would have been 2nd or 3rd century Athens. It would appear my choices are correlated with what lever type of philosophy I'm interested in at the time.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.