Jump to topic:

Going to my first funeral today

Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 8:49:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
And no, not my funeral, its for a kind old lady from a church I used to go to. I've never been to a funeral before and I don't know what to expect. Is the food any good?
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Disquisition
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 9:00:58 PM
At 10/3/2013 8:49:52 PM, Smithereens wrote:
And no, not my funeral, its for a kind old lady from a church I used to go to. I've never been to a funeral before and I don't know what to expect. Is the food any good?

Tears = Weakness................ =)

But jokes aside I hope she is in a better place, so just act appropriately.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 9:07:22 PM

Honey, the food isn't as important in this stance. Try being a comfort to others who may be hurting. Your family or something. I'm sure te food will be fine though.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
NightofTheLivingCats
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 11:58:45 AM
At 10/3/2013 9:07:22 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Honey, the food isn't as important in this stance. Try being a comfort to others who may be hurting. Your family or something. I'm sure te food will be fine though.

lel
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 2:04:10 PM
Always judge a funeral on the quality of the buffet, although people may stare at you a little if you do that...
Turn around, go back.
emospongebob527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2013 6:20:27 PM

Be obnoxious as possible, insult the family of the dead person, insult the dead person, pick fights with little children. If the food is good, eat as much as possible, as disrespectfully as possible. If the food is bad, spit in it, climb on the table like a hooligan and stomp on it whilst yelling as loud as possible. Do all of this and you are good to go. ;)
"not to toot my own horn (it aint need no tooin if u know what im saying), but my writings on "viciousness: the one true viture (fancy spelling for virtue)" and my poem "A poem I wrote about DDO" put me in a class of my damn own. im just an UNRECONGIZED geniuse" -bananafana
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2013 1:32:18 AM
At 10/8/2013 10:15:02 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Was it everything you hoped it would be?

There was a lot of singing, which I heartily enjoyed, but the jokes were bad. The refreshments consisted of assortments of biscuits and cookies and the service was a little short. We saluted the leaving coffin as it drove out of the parking lot into heavy traffic, which was a face-palm moment, but I met a few people who I hadn't seen in ages.

All in all even though I don't have any experience with funerals, I rate this 6/10. A fair score.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...