GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 5:42:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/4/2013 4:13:19 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Haha

A willful, sacrificial and selfless love? (Action)

Or "emotionally" "infatuatedly", "feeling" in love?

Big difference there bud :) be careful too.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 6:11:09 PM
Haha

Run fast. Love is a mental disease. You will just get hurt.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 7:53:29 PM
At 10/4/2013 6:11:09 PM, Sitara wrote:
Haha

Don't poison love for others like you did so for yourself
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 8:07:05 PM
At 10/5/2013 7:53:29 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Haha

This. Love is a wonderful thing. If it wasn't, wouldn't it have not hurt at all to lose it? Enjoy it for as long as you can, Badger.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 8:15:45 PM
Anyone else feel sorry for the girl?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 9:00:52 PM
At 10/5/2013 8:15:45 PM, imabench wrote:

Being sorry for someone does not mean one has to suddenly excuse the way they act. I ca understand and sympathize with her on love hurting, I really can. But the thing is, pain is a natural part of life. It is necessary for us to feel pain, suffering, loss, so that we can experience happiness, joy, etc. and appreciate it all the more

Beyond that, though she may think she is being noble and helpful by crusading against love in such a manner, if what she says actually wards someone away from love, she is robbing that person of one of the most elating, exciting, and revelating experiences of a persons life. Just because she has been hurt, doesn't mean no one should stop her from poisoning or stopping others from experiencing this, and thus robbing them of one of the greatest steps in a persons life to grow as a person from.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 3:22:19 AM
bench was making a stupid, jealous comment about me, budda. Cheers for misinterpreting it, though.

drafer, it's not a mirror dude, it's a beautiful girl. And she's smart, too.
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 4:19:33 AM
At 10/6/2013 3:33:25 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
She's actually wrecking my head at the moment, but it's cool - I like her.

If only you can see her and she can walk through walls then you should probably just end it there.
Turn around, go back.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 4:21:18 AM
Well I might be hallucinating everyone else as well as her I suppose, but I'll try to walk her into a wall there tomorrow just to be sure.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 6:31:11 AM
At 10/6/2013 3:33:25 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
She's actually wrecking my head at the moment, but it's cool - I like her.

How is she wrecking your head?
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 6:34:46 AM
She's very socially intelligent, having not been able to take the fairy tale of love for granted at all because her parents are split up......I'd say............don't ever tell her I said that, though.
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 9:08:19 AM
At 10/5/2013 9:00:52 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

Being sorry for someone does not mean one has to suddenly excuse the way they act. I ca understand and sympathize with her on love hurting, I really can. But the thing is, pain is a natural part of life. It is necessary for us to feel pain, suffering, loss, so that we can experience happiness, joy, etc. and appreciate it all the more

Beyond that, though she may think she is being noble and helpful by crusading against love in such a manner, if what she says actually wards someone away from love, she is robbing that person of one of the most elating, exciting, and revelating experiences of a persons life. Just because she has been hurt, doesn't mean no one should stop her from poisoning or stopping others from experiencing this, and thus robbing them of one of the greatest steps in a persons life to grow as a person from.

Puhlease. This is a debate site. I am debating. Deal with it. When you open your heart, you open yourself to God aweful pain that makes you wish you were or felt nothing. Why don't you try living my life before you judge? My own mother never wanted me. I am reason one why abortion should be legal, but ahem. You know everything, so do go on.
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 9:09:12 AM
At 10/5/2013 7:53:29 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Haha

I poisoned nothing. Others did so for me. I did not create this world, I live in it.
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 9:10:38 AM
At 10/5/2013 9:00:52 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

You sound like a Republican. You think people expressing their beliefs is robbing people. Try living in reality.
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 9:12:09 AM
At 10/6/2013 6:52:12 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
She keeps trying to make me feel insecure too and she's failing hard haha

Delusional much?
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 9:13:27 AM
At 10/6/2013 9:12:09 AM, Sitara wrote:

Delusional much?

Who, me? Also that's all very sad what you said, Sitara, but you gotta realize.........people are really f*cked up. I'd say I'm in a mindset where I could forgive anyone anything and just move on with my life, loving those around me all the same, to be honest.
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 9:17:23 AM
At 10/6/2013 9:13:27 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:

Delusional much?

Who, me? Also that's all very sad what you said, Sitara, but you gotta realize.........people are really f*cked up. I'd say I'm in a mindset where I could forgive anyone anything and just move on with my life, loving those around me all the same, to be honest.
You are sweet kid, but the world is a mean place. Love yourself first. or you will get hurt.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 9:29:20 AM
At 10/6/2013 9:17:23 AM, Sitara wrote:

Delusional much?

You are sweet kid, but the world is a mean place. Love yourself first. or you will get hurt.

drafter seems to think I'm very much in love with myself already :P I get you, though; I've seen a whole lot of the mean, Sitara. I'ma keep my head up, though.
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 9:39:35 AM
At 10/6/2013 9:29:20 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 10/6/2013 9:17:23 AM, Sitara wrote:

Delusional much?

drafter seems to think I'm very much in love with myself already :P I get you, though; I've seen a whole lot of the mean, Sitara. I'ma keep my head up, though.

You are better than me. I guess I am just tired and hurt from being an unwanted abused child. I am reason one why abortion should be legal.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 10:05:07 AM
At 10/6/2013 9:08:19 AM, Sitara wrote:

Puhlease. This is a debate site. I am debating. Deal with it.

So despite that you are "debating" you feel as if someone responding to you should "get over" what you said and not respond to it? Isn't debating between two people though? So why be condescending to someone for responding to you, if that is what you are doing?

When you open your heart, you open yourself to God awful pain that makes you wish you were or felt nothing.

This is of course, not true all the time, but again, pain is a part of life, that helps us grow as people. Without it we would not feel joy, or learn to appreciate it all the more.

Why don't you try living my life before you judge? My own mother never wanted me.

My own mother is a bi-polar schizo who tried killing me in my sleep. My sister is bi-polar schizo, and stole alot from me. My own mother kicked me out before I even graduated high school, and I was forced to support myself that young, while also finishing school. I've been betrayed, hurt, and screwed by people I love and care about throughout my life and what i just told you is but the tip of the iceberg. Yet I still think love is an amazing thing, one of the most powerful emotions we as people can experience, and believe to try and prevent others from feeling it, is more damaging to a persons growth and development than alot of other things.

So then, if we have both been hurt by people we love, and I have the aforementioned opinion, and you have this opinion:

"Run fast. Love is a mental disease. You will just get hurt."

Why do our opinions differ so greatly? The common denonimator is we have both been scorned and betrayed by those we loved, family too. Yet we differ in our opinion? Why? I mean it couldn't be:

"I poisoned nothing. Others did so for me. I did not create this world, I live in it."

because we have both been hurt by others we loved, so the obvious conclusion that is drawn from that, is that others do not poison love for someone. No, the conclusion that is to be drawn, is that it is how an individual reacts to being hurt, what an individual themselves chooses to do in response, that poisons love. Ergo, a person poisons love for themselves.

Now before I finish,

"You sound like a Republican. You think people expressing their beliefs is robbing people. Try living in reality."

First off, my political views do not decide what I believe, it is my beliefs that decide my political views. Secondly, I fail to see how my political views even apply to this, so the part about, "I sound like a Republican" is not only irrelevant to this discussion, but an attempt by you to generalize someone into a group that you large-in-part disagree with. Rather than trying to generalize, how about keeping the discussion, to what the discussion is about, as opposed to bringing up irrelevant things, and acting like they prove your point.

That is akin to me saying, "you are like an orange, you are trying to rob people of a crucial life experience that is vital to their growth as a person."

What does an orange have to do with anything in that statement? Nothing

Finally, we get to

"You think people expressing their beliefs is robbing people."

I do not actually think this. People expressing their beliefs is more then welcome. But when someone expresses their beliefs, and I take contention with one of those beliefs for a valid reason, I will express that contention. That is a part of expressing ones beliefs, as a disagreeance to X belief, implies Y belief.

That is not even factoring in that in this situation, how you are expressing your beliefs, is by trying to prevent others from experiencing something for themselves. Though it may seem a noble cause to prevent others pain, it only suffices in taking from them the knowledge for themselves, and the ability to decide for themselves what they believe.

What you are doing is quite in fact, exactly what I said it was. You are, through expressing your beliefs, trying to stop others from experiencing love for themselves. Else why near every time a conversation about love comes up, say that people should just run away from it, and avoid it, to avoid the pain that comes with it?

If you were not trying to, then the part about avoiding it, would not even be said. For example:

A) Love hurts, it involves opening oneself to someone and thus making oneself vulnerable to being hurt.

Is alot different than saying

B) Love is painful, you should just avoid it, you are only going to end up getting hurt.

In A, one is not saying that another should avoid experiencing it for themselves, but rather just relaying their own experience to another. In B though, one is saying that another should avoid the experience entirely. Ergo, they are trying to take away an experience from someone. You essentially said B, ergo, you are trying to take away or rob someone of an experience of life.

"Try living in reality"

Lets just keep immature statements like this out of this discussion shall we? They don't prove anything. We both live in reality, we both experience things that we learn from. It is how we choose to learn from these real experiences that causes us to differ in our approaches to, beliefs of, and knowledge of, life. Saying I'm not living in reality is irrelevant to the discussion, is a mischaracterization in an attempts to discredit what I am saying, without actually addressing it, which you have done large in part throughout this, and is antithetical to discussing or debating in general. Which, as you said yourself, is what you are here for. So the question becomes, why are you acting antithetical to the purpose of why you are here?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 10:23:42 AM
At 10/6/2013 10:05:07 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 10/6/2013 9:08:19 AM, Sitara wrote:

Puhlease. This is a debate site. I am debating. Deal with it.

So despite that you are "debating" you feel as if someone responding to you should "get over" what you said and not respond to it? Isn't debating between two people though? So why be condescending to someone for responding to you, if that is what you are doing?

When you open your heart, you open yourself to God awful pain that makes you wish you were or felt nothing.

This is of course, not true all the time, but again, pain is a part of life, that helps us grow as people. Without it we would not feel joy, or learn to appreciate it all the more.

Why don't you try living my life before you judge? My own mother never wanted me.

My own mother is a bi-polar schizo who tried killing me in my sleep. My sister is bi-polar schizo, and stole alot from me. My own mother kicked me out before I even graduated high school, and I was forced to support myself that young, while also finishing school. I've been betrayed, hurt, and screwed by people I love and care about throughout my life and what i just told you is but the tip of the iceberg. Yet I still think love is an amazing thing, one of the most powerful emotions we as people can experience, and believe to try and prevent others from feeling it, is more damaging to a persons growth and development than alot of other things.

So then, if we have both been hurt by people we love, and I have the aforementioned opinion, and you have this opinion:

"Run fast. Love is a mental disease. You will just get hurt."

Why do our opinions differ so greatly? The common denonimator is we have both been scorned and betrayed by those we loved, family too. Yet we differ in our opinion? Why? I mean it couldn't be:

"I poisoned nothing. Others did so for me. I did not create this world, I live in it."

because we have both been hurt by others we loved, so the obvious conclusion that is drawn from that, is that others do not poison love for someone. No, the conclusion that is to be drawn, is that it is how an individual reacts to being hurt, what an individual themselves chooses to do in response, that poisons love. Ergo, a person poisons love for themselves.

Now before I finish,

"You sound like a Republican. You think people expressing their beliefs is robbing people. Try living in reality."

First off, my political views do not decide what I believe, it is my beliefs that decide my political views. Secondly, I fail to see how my political views even apply to this, so the part about, "I sound like a Republican" is not only irrelevant to this discussion, but an attempt by you to generalize someone into a group that you large-in-part disagree with. Rather than trying to generalize, how about keeping the discussion, to what the discussion is about, as opposed to bringing up irrelevant things, and acting like they prove your point.

That is akin to me saying, "you are like an orange, you are trying to rob people of a crucial life experience that is vital to their growth as a person."

What does an orange have to do with anything in that statement? Nothing

Finally, we get to

"You think people expressing their beliefs is robbing people."

I do not actually think this. People expressing their beliefs is more then welcome. But when someone expresses their beliefs, and I take contention with one of those beliefs for a valid reason, I will express that contention. That is a part of expressing ones beliefs, as a disagreeance to X belief, implies Y belief.

That is not even factoring in that in this situation, how you are expressing your beliefs, is by trying to prevent others from experiencing something for themselves. Though it may seem a noble cause to prevent others pain, it only suffices in taking from them the knowledge for themselves, and the ability to decide for themselves what they believe.

What you are doing is quite in fact, exactly what I said it was. You are, through expressing your beliefs, trying to stop others from experiencing love for themselves. Else why near every time a conversation about love comes up, say that people should just run away from it, and avoid it, to avoid the pain that comes with it?

If you were not trying to, then the part about avoiding it, would not even be said. For example:

A) Love hurts, it involves opening oneself to someone and thus making oneself vulnerable to being hurt.

Is alot different than saying

B) Love is painful, you should just avoid it, you are only going to end up getting hurt.

In A, one is not saying that another should avoid experiencing it for themselves, but rather just relaying their own experience to another. In B though, one is saying that another should avoid the experience entirely. Ergo, they are trying to take away an experience from someone. You essentially said B, ergo, you are trying to take away or rob someone of an experience of life.

"Try living in reality"

Lets just keep immature statements like this out of this discussion shall we? They don't prove anything. We both live in reality, we both experience things that we learn from. It is how we choose to learn from these real experiences that causes us to differ in our approaches to, beliefs of, and knowledge of, life. Saying I'm not living in reality is irrelevant to the discussion, is a mischaracterization in an attempts to discredit what I am saying, without actually addressing it, which you have done large in part throughout this, and is antithetical to discussing or debating in general. Which, as you said yourself, is what you are here for. So the question becomes, why are you acting antithetical to the purpose of why you are here?
Jesus Christ, stop acting better than me. I am a serious debater. Your ad homenim was uncalled for.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 10:48:06 AM
At 10/6/2013 10:23:42 AM, Sitara wrote:

Jesus Christ, stop acting better than me. I am a serious debater. Your ad homenim was uncalled for.

I am not trying to act in any such way. I am trying to discuss or debate with you, as was your stated purpose to being here. So then why are you avoiding doing that exact same thing?

On another note, what was an ad hominem exactly?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 11:01:02 AM
At 10/6/2013 10:48:06 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 10/6/2013 10:23:42 AM, Sitara wrote:

I am not trying to act in any such way. I am trying to discuss or debate with you, as was your stated purpose to being here. So then why are you avoiding doing that exact same thing?

On another note, what was an ad hominem exactly?
An ad homenim is a character attack to alter the debate. I do not answer to you, so I do not have to defend myself to you.