Jump to topic:

DDO Feuds and Arch-Rivalries

Beverlee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 2:05:04 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I was just talking about a feud between two DDO users (who I will not name) that had an ongoing rivalry for a while. I have noticed one of these myself, and thought that it was a little cool. (Don't judge)

Does anybody know of any DDO users that are, or have been arch-nemesis to each other? Like Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier? Or Peter Griffin and the Giant Chicken?

I'm not looking for drama.... just some must see tv.
Beverlee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 2:29:55 PM
At 10/5/2013 2:59:59 AM, Smithereens wrote:
RM and benchy hate each other, quopel and humanity don't get along too well either.

Who is RM and benchy?
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 2:48:46 PM
At 10/5/2013 2:29:55 PM, Beverlee wrote:
RM and benchy hate each other, quopel and humanity don't get along too well either.

Who is RM and benchy?

RationalMadman (who was banned from the site quite some time ago) and imabench (who is a bench).
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Beverlee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 2:52:21 PM
At 10/5/2013 2:48:46 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 10/5/2013 2:29:55 PM, Beverlee wrote:

Who is RM and benchy?

RationalMadman (who was banned from the site quite some time ago) and imabench (who is a bench).

OH, lol.. I only know imabench - he is funny
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 3:06:25 AM
This is an interesting topic, and there are a fair number ofl "rivalries" between members that don't get along well. These usually just manifest as minor to major flamewars though, and aren't all that conducive to the point of the site even if they can sometimes be entertaining to some.

I do wish however that I could think of members with reputations for a rivalry when it comes to debating. It'd be very cool to say that the "member X-Member Y" debates are great, and that their "rivalry" with one another has been great to watch. I'm not sure I can think of any pair of members who have multiple debates with each other than have been particularly noteworthy though that I would call a rivalry between them.

If Roy and Danielle for example (as two great debaters on the site), were regularly debating each other these days, I think I could point to that as a great rivalry that was something good for the site.

But as it is, while I can think of half a dozen pairs of members that don't get along with each other, their "rivalry" breaks down to mostly just antagonism in arguments in the forums that aren't particularly productive, so aren't worth mentioning.

That said, I think it would be great if we did have "debate rivalries" as I have described. It'd be very cool if certain members who advance very particular positions, atheists-theist, religion A- religion B, government A- government B or any other ideologies would debate regularly against the opposing side on those and other topics that they have a strong passion towards.
Debate.org Moderator
Legitdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 11:55:49 AM
Things between Subutai and I became pretty tense when he inadvertently plagiarized his arguments in a debate. I was pretty ticked, but we started the same debate over again and we're cool now.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 4:00:22 PM
At 10/6/2013 11:55:49 AM, Legitdebater wrote:
Things between Subutai and I became pretty tense when he inadvertently plagiarized his arguments in a debate. I was pretty ticked, but we started the same debate over again and we're cool now.

I'm inclined to agree on the subject, but rross was the real problem. We basically had three flame wars (two regarding both of our debates, one regarding another, the latter of which was by far the worst). I haven't seen her around lately, though, so I wouldn't put her either.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 4:20:39 PM
madcornishbiker and annanicole have been duking it out in the religion forums for as long as they have been here
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 7:54:10 PM
At 10/6/2013 4:00:22 PM, Subutai wrote:

I'm inclined to agree on the subject, but rross was the real problem. We basically had three flame wars (two regarding both of our debates, one regarding another, the latter of which was by far the worst). I haven't seen her around lately, though, so I wouldn't put her either.

I was heavily involved in that 3rd debate. I will say that what you guys experienced was just a smidgen of what I ended up going through.

Still, in the end of the day, I think it led to a clearer perspective, and I think that it ended up for the better. I know now how I want to approach this issue specifically with rross. I think/hope it will be entertaining and interesting, and I await her return from her travels to carry out my...plans and proposals. =)
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 7:57:09 PM
At 10/6/2013 7:54:10 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

I was heavily involved in that 3rd debate. I will say that what you guys experienced was just a smidgen of what I ended up going through.

Still, in the end of the day, I think it led to a clearer perspective, and I think that it ended up for the better. I know now how I want to approach this issue specifically with rross. I think/hope it will be entertaining and interesting, and I await her return from her travels to carry out my...plans and proposals. =)

I'll buy that. It's just I very rarely get into flame wars. My flame war with her was a notable exception.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 8:24:21 PM
At 10/6/2013 7:57:09 PM, Subutai wrote:
At 10/6/2013 7:54:10 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

I'll buy that. It's just I very rarely get into flame wars. My flame war with her was a notable exception.

This is actually what I like about a website like this that encourages adversarial disputes. The idea of course is that somewhere along the line you reach some sort of constructive resolution, and I think (after some expletives) rross and I have come to that juncture.

The whole sexism thing is ongoing between rross and I ever since my first debate here. It's interesting (at least to me) to see how it continually evolves.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 8:24:59 PM
At 10/5/2013 2:41:58 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Me and everyone lol

Ily dude <3

to the OP, biggest feuds I remember (involving people the OP might actually know):

Bench v. Royal
Bench v. RM
Royal v. Darkkermit
Jimtimmy v. 000ike
16kadams + oberherr + Ron_paul + LK + CP vs. all the liberals on the site (this was a long time ago though :P)
GWL v. All the "young punks" here
GWL v. YYW
Qopel v. Almost everyone
000ike v. Man-is-good
Izbo10 v. Everyone on DDO (http://www.debate.org...)

I dont think I've ever had a feud...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 8:43:24 PM
At 10/6/2013 8:24:59 PM, thett3 wrote:
Me and everyone lol

Ily dude <3

to the OP, biggest feuds I remember (involving people the OP might actually know):

Bench v. Royal
Bench v. RM
Royal v. Darkkermit
Jimtimmy v. 000ike
16kadams + oberherr + Ron_paul + LK + CP vs. all the liberals on the site (this was a long time ago though :P)

A very long time ago (at least in the DDO frame of reference).
GWL v. YYW
Qopel v. Almost everyone
000ike v. Man-is-good

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 8:58:34 PM
At 10/6/2013 8:43:24 PM, Subutai wrote:
Me and everyone lol

Ily dude <3

Bench v. Royal
Bench v. RM
Royal v. Darkkermit
Jimtimmy v. 000ike

A very long time ago (at least in the DDO frame of reference).

I know bro no judging <3 its just something I remember fondly

GWL v. YYW
Qopel v. Almost everyone
000ike v. Man-is-good

DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2013 1:00:40 PM
I've heard Royal say that she hates that guy called Thett.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2013 5:23:50 PM

Anti-atheist also had a bit of a feud with Benchy.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2013 12:10:04 AM
At 10/7/2013 5:23:50 PM, Magic8000 wrote:

Yes, can't forget that. But I think that went full blown while I was hibernating, so I missed it. Where is ol' Anti now?
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2013 6:11:43 AM
Me and everyone lol

Ily dude <3

Bench v. Royal
Bench v. RM
Royal v. Darkkermit
Jimtimmy v. 000ike
GWL v. YYW
Qopel v. Almost everyone
000ike v. Man-is-good

Conflict is healthy within any community. The problem is when well-intending third parties rush in to smooth everything over... that accomplishes nothing.
Tsar of DDO
Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2013 3:47:11 PM
At 10/8/2013 12:10:04 AM, Smithereens wrote:

Yes, can't forget that. But I think that went full blown while I was hibernating, so I missed it. Where is ol' Anti now?

We suspect he was shot by George Zimmerman.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2013 2:05:11 AM
At 10/8/2013 3:47:11 PM, Magic8000 wrote:

I'm not American, I don't get those sorts of things. But after hours of research into the matter, I can conclude that Anti-atheist's real name was Trayvon Martin.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2013 11:44:18 AM
At 10/9/2013 2:05:11 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 10/8/2013 3:47:11 PM, Magic8000 wrote:

I'm not American, I don't get those sorts of things. But after hours of research into the matter, I can conclude that Anti-atheist's real name was Trayvon Martin.

Zimmerman shot Martin and then went after anti.

http://www.debate.org...

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2013 12:03:35 PM
Me and everyone lol

Ily dude <3

Bench v. Royal
Bench v. RM
Royal v. Darkkermit
Jimtimmy v. 000ike
GWL v. YYW
Qopel v. Almost everyone
000ike v. Man-is-good

Inferno vs Izbo

or

Inferno vs JimTimmy
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2013 2:29:59 PM
Geez Ive had FIGHTS with just about everyone on here at one point, but if I narrowed it down to a RIVALRY (cases where I fought with the same person on numerous occasions where the fights lasted several hours, if not days) then I think only the following might be considered rivalries that ive been in over the years on here:

Me and Royal
Me and RationalMadman (the most famous one of them all)
Me and GWL (Though its really GWL vs Teens who have a sense of humor)
Me and Anti-Atheist
Me and Malcomxy (That led to the creation of 6 hate threads by Malcolmxy in a few hours)
Me and AnDoctuir
and lastly Me and ScottyDouglas (Which led to the creation of the weekly stupid)
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015