Jump to topic:

What's your question?

GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 11:03:40 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Topic explains itself. So if you gotta any question. Ask away.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 11:56:50 AM
At 10/5/2013 11:35:07 AM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:
your name interests me, what does it mean?

It means, exactly what it means; That I am literally single and I am satisfied with being single. It isn't my real name though (obviously).
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 2:48:04 PM
At 10/5/2013 11:56:50 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

It means, exactly what it means; That I am literally single and I am satisfied with being single. It isn't my real name though (obviously).

Sorry I meant your username, not the name on your profile page.
Turn around, go back.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 11:19:40 PM
At 10/13/2013 12:32:44 PM, angii wrote:
people love me as a friend or a sister then why do i feel m a loner?

Because only God can fill that loneliness you feel not a friend or family relative.
"Good Times" ~ Max
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 11:21:31 PM
At 10/13/2013 2:48:04 PM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:

Oh, I see.. Okay, then..
Basically it means that God Chooses those to come to Him and to be saved and also that God Chooses for people to be born on the earth.. People can't choose to be born nor choose to be saved.. Make sense?
"Good Times" ~ Max
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 11:28:16 PM
At 10/13/2013 11:21:31 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Oh, I see.. Okay, then..
Basically it means that God Chooses those to come to Him and to be saved and also that God Chooses for people to be born on the earth.. People can't choose to be born nor choose to be saved.. Make sense?

I'm not sure I understand the end part... Haven't I chosen "not to be saved" (in the Christian sense) by not accepting Jesus?
Debate.org Moderator
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 11:35:51 PM
At 10/13/2013 11:28:16 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Oh, I see.. Okay, then..

I'm not sure I understand the end part... Haven't I chosen "not to be saved" (in the Christian sense) by not accepting Jesus?

No, because you cannot accept Jesus on your own.. Jesus does the saving and choosing.. He said ..., "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. - John 14:6
So to say you chose to not be a Christian or not choose to accept Jesus is like saying you have the exact same powerful ability as Jesus does to save people... And that's a lie.. Hope that answers your question.. :)
"Good Times" ~ Max
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 11:38:07 PM
At 10/13/2013 11:35:51 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Oh, I see.. Okay, then..

No, because you cannot accept Jesus on your own.. Jesus does the saving and choosing.. He said ..., "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. - John 14:6
So to say you chose to not be a Christian or not choose to accept Jesus is like saying you have the exact same powerful ability as Jesus does to save people... And that's a lie.. Hope that answers your question.. :)

I appreciate your answer, though I'll admit I don't understand it.

So, by saying no ones comes to the father except though him, I have to be chosen to come to him? In other words, it's not that I have chosen to deny Jesus, it's that I haven't been chosen to accept him?

Am I understanding this interpretation correctly?
Debate.org Moderator
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 11:40:59 PM
At 10/13/2013 11:38:07 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Oh, I see.. Okay, then..

So, by saying no ones comes to the father except though him, I have to be chosen to come to him? In other words, it's not that I have chosen to deny Jesus, it's that I haven't been chosen to accept him?

Precisely...
"Good Times" ~ Max
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 11:48:56 PM
At 10/13/2013 11:40:59 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Oh, I see.. Okay, then..

Precisely...

I don't think I'm understanding this then as I can't reconcile it with other Christian beliefs.

Shouldn't missionaries stop hassling me then? I mean if it's beyond my control, and even if intellectually and spiritually I reject the concepts of Christianity, but ultimately that's irrelevant because I haven't been chosen to accept it, doesn't that make missionizing and 'spreading the word/news of Jesus' a pointless endeavor in the face of unbelievers simply not being chosen to believe?
Debate.org Moderator
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2013 12:06:34 AM
At 10/5/2013 11:03:40 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

WHERE IS EDWARD SNOWDEN???
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2013 12:21:32 AM
At 10/13/2013 11:48:56 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Oh, I see.. Okay, then..

Precisely...

I don't think I'm understanding this then as I can't reconcile it with other Christian beliefs.

Shouldn't missionaries stop hassling me then? I mean if it's beyond my control, and even if intellectually and spiritually I reject the concepts of Christianity, but ultimately that's irrelevant because I haven't been chosen to accept it, doesn't that make missionizing and 'spreading the word/news of Jesus' a pointless endeavor in the face of unbelievers simply not being chosen to believe?

No, because Scripture urges Believer's to, "Go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature." -Mark 16:15
It's not for Believer's to know who will and who will not be saved, we are just called to spread the Good News.. And if a person is even privileged to witness the savings of people then that is a blessing from God.. Christians are not called to hassle unbelievers, but to warn them of the Truth.. And the minute a person seems interested at all, that should say to the Believer's that its probable that God is working on and in their lives bringing one to salvation.. Spreading the Gosple isn't for nothing.. God uses that to Glorify Himself by saving people.. I've seen it happen with my own eyes.. In fact, recently, I had a person ask me this one question "Why does allow bad to happen in a person's life even if they're praying or whatever?" After I answered, since that day I've seen a Spiritual change in them. And I know it is only because of God that Salvation is happening in that person's life..
Does that make sense? I appreciate your genuine questions too by the way. :)
"Good Times" ~ Max
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2013 12:23:11 AM
At 10/14/2013 12:06:34 AM, imabench wrote:
At 10/5/2013 11:03:40 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

WHERE IS EDWARD SNOWDEN???

Hmmmmm, I have not the faintest idea who that person is to be honest with you.. So forwardly, I don't know.. ? :/
Sorry...
"Good Times" ~ Max
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2013 12:30:24 AM

Oh, I see.. Okay, then..

Precisely...

Regardless though, you and every one of us are still held accountable for our disbelief and rebellion to Him. We are not held guiltless because we have the sense of knowing right from wrong and that is because Scripture says that the law is written on our very hearts. Why do you think when we do something that is wrong our conscience hits us in the head? It is because our conscience knows right from wrong. We cannot hide from our conscience. Its always there. People tend to block it out, but in the end our conscience will bare witness against us. Just pointing that out.
"Good Times" ~ Max
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2013 12:34:31 AM
At 10/14/2013 12:21:32 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Oh, I see.. Okay, then..

Precisely...

No, because Scripture urges Believer's to, "Go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature." -Mark 16:15
It's not for Believer's to know who will and who will not be saved, we are just called to spread the Good News.. And if a person is even privileged to witness the savings of people then that is a blessing from God.. Christians are not called to hassle unbelievers, but to warn them of the Truth.. And the minute a person seems interested at all, that should say to the Believer's that its probable that God is working on and in their lives bringing one to salvation.. Spreading the Gosple isn't for nothing.. God uses that to Glorify Himself by saving people.. I've seen it happen with my own eyes.. In fact, recently, I had a person ask me this one question "Why does allow bad to happen in a person's life even if they're praying or whatever?" After I answered, since that day I've seen a Spiritual change in them. And I know it is only because of God that Salvation is happening in that person's life..
Does that make sense? I appreciate your genuine questions too by the way. :)

I think this is a reasonable response and I appreciate you answering me. While I don't agree philosophically and certainly not theologically, and I don't believe this is the mainstream view, I can respect and appreciate this interpretation. I and members of the community I grew up in were and are hassled regularly (the missionaries will often admit they specifically target young Jews) and I think your interpretation is a better way to view this than many of them do.

I certainly can appreciate this more, as not being chosen to be saved (and thus condemned to hell) rather than choosing not to be saved (and similarly being condemned to hell) has a practical difference. While there is no difference in the ultimate consequence, if more Christians viewed it this way I may not be as significantly viewed as inferior in their eyes (as an "incomplete Jew" or heathen) because I'm simply not special enough to be chosen at no fault of my own. So in that way, I think your interpretation is far better for the world and I wish there were more that viewed it in this way.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2013 12:41:48 AM
At 10/14/2013 12:30:24 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Oh, I see.. Okay, then..

Precisely...

Regardless though, you and every one of us are still held accountable for our disbelief and rebellion to Him. We are not held guiltless because we have the sense of knowing right from wrong and that is because Scripture says that the law is written on our very hearts. Why do you think when we do something that is wrong our conscience hits us in the head? It is because our conscience knows right from wrong. We cannot hide from our conscience. Its always there. People tend to block it out, but in the end our conscience will bare witness against us. Just pointing that out.

aww this pretty much refutes everything you just said and my compliments for your interpretation of it. So I'm condemned to hell for not accepting Jesus at my own accord, regardless of the interpretation previously mentioned. While I realize the distinction might seem like semantics, as I'm condemned to hell either way, this was an important distinction to me.

"We are not held guiltless because we have the sense of knowing right from wrong"

See, this is the issue I have. It has nothing to do with me knowing right from wrong. I can live the most pious life possible. Be dedicated to a life of godliness. Be dedicated to charity and kindness. But it doesn't matter. If I don't accept Jesus I'm condemned to hell regardless. This is why I liked your interpretation that didn't have this qualification to it. Because at least in the previous version, I wasn't condemned to hell for not accepting Jesus, but because Jesus didn't choose me from accepting him. I might still be going to hell (and that's fine for someone else to think so), but now I'm still subjected to needing to be "fixed" (regardless of how good and proper a life I may happen to lead).
Debate.org Moderator
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2013 9:57:43 AM
Another question, you remind me of another user who quite some time back, I think they were called tulip or something along those lines. Are you them?
Turn around, go back.
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2013 11:22:10 AM
At 10/14/2013 9:57:43 AM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:
Another question, you remind me of another user who quite some time back, I think they were called tulip or something along those lines. Are you them?

quit not quite sorry.
Turn around, go back.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2013 11:04:45 AM

Yes... That I was the user TULIP and Sola Gratia... How did you figure it was me?
"Good Times" ~ Max
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2013 11:06:44 AM
At 10/15/2013 11:04:45 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Yes... That I was the user TULIP and Sola Gratia... How did you figure it was me?

I was on an interesting thread you made some time back called "cried" I remembered your picture from there.
Turn around, go back.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2013 11:08:05 AM
At 10/15/2013 11:06:44 AM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:
At 10/15/2013 11:04:45 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

I was on an interesting thread you made some time back called "cried" I remembered your picture from there.

I see... Yes, that was me... I guess I'm not surprised that people would remember me from that either...
"Good Times" ~ Max
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2013 11:15:35 AM
At 10/14/2013 12:41:48 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 10/14/2013 12:30:24 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Oh, I see.. Okay, then..

Precisely...

aww this pretty much refutes everything you just said and my compliments for your interpretation of it. So I'm condemned to hell for not accepting Jesus at my own accord, regardless of the interpretation previously mentioned. While I realize the distinction might seem like semantics, as I'm condemned to hell either way, this was an important distinction to me.

"We are not held guiltless because we have the sense of knowing right from wrong"

See, this is the issue I have. It has nothing to do with me knowing right from wrong. I can live the most pious life possible. Be dedicated to a life of godliness. Be dedicated to charity and kindness. But it doesn't matter. If I don't accept Jesus I'm condemned to hell regardless. This is why I liked your interpretation that didn't have this qualification to it. Because at least in the previous version, I wasn't condemned to hell for not accepting Jesus, but because Jesus didn't choose me from accepting him. I might still be going to hell (and that's fine for someone else to think so), but now I'm still subjected to needing to be "fixed" (regardless of how good and proper a life I may happen to lead).

Romans 3:23- For all fall short of the Glory of God... Romans 3:12- There is none who does good, no, not even one. With that in mind, NO human being (myself included) are good .. We all are sinful and deserve God's wrath in hell.. But its only through the power of Jesus' death on the cross and Resurrection that we can be saved and freed from our sin and freed from God's wrath in hell and given Life Eternal.. Repent (meaning to turn from your sin and turn to God) and believe this Gospel.. and thus, you will be saved by the grace of God..
"Good Times" ~ Max