Jump to topic:

Guilt

angii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 5:48:15 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Guilt, for me its a fatal disease that eats you up from inside, the whole day long you are thinking about the same thing, the same person, the same event and you regret what you have done, you don't like anything and you just want to be alone in your room locked up, lying on the floor, listening the saddest songs ever sung. That moment i think i SHOULDN'T have one that COULD have waited for a few more days WOULD have been successful, what to do when you are so depressed and there is absolutely no one there to talk to you or comfort you? i some times feel guilty for being me, is being me a crime? why don't people like me? i feel alone and empty but no one cares and the guilt inside me for doing something keeps on increasing, what is a 15 year old girl suppose to do in a situation like this?
BrOkEn AnGii
angii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 5:55:14 AM
is this my fault not being as beautiful as the rest? is it a crime being good by heart and being caring? do i have to be punished for not letting people alone in hard time by being left all alone in my hard time? how can i move on with no one letting me even look at the path ahead?
BrOkEn AnGii
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 6:11:11 AM
So guilt is becoming a problem for you?

Option a) Abandon guilt, become a sociopath. Psychologists believe this can be induced with enough trauma. Watch Taliban executions online and filmed suicides/deaths to achieve this.

Option b) Find the cause of the guilt and resolve it. At your age you are going through an identity crisis. This coupled with heaps of hormones will make it difficult in resolving why you feel guilty. My recommendation is to adopt a solid personal philosophy that is positive in nature, and ride through with it. Something that you have grown up believing or something that you have found comforting is usually an easy option.

Option c) Ignore it, carry on.

Guilt and human emotions are such interesting things, hmm?
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 9:07:07 AM
At 10/13/2013 6:11:11 AM, Smithereens wrote:

Option a) Abandon guilt, become a sociopath. Psychologists believe this can be induced with enough trauma. Watch Taliban executions online and filmed suicides/deaths to achieve this.

Option b) Find the cause of the guilt and resolve it. At your age you are going through an identity crisis. This coupled with heaps of hormones will make it difficult in resolving why you feel guilty. My recommendation is to adopt a solid personal philosophy that is positive in nature, and ride through with it. Something that you have grown up believing or something that you have found comforting is usually an easy option.

Dude you're like 16 you have just as much hormonal stuff going on like her and me.
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
angii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 9:51:56 AM

Thanks a lot for you help, i will surely give it a try but no guilt and human emotions are heck of deadly things, trust me on that.
BrOkEn AnGii
angii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 9:53:13 AM
At 10/13/2013 9:07:07 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:

Dude you're like 16 you have just as much hormonal stuff going on like her and me.

That's exactly what m asking for, how do you guys get over these things?
BrOkEn AnGii
angii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 9:54:50 AM
i guess we all teenagers have the same kind of problems, and i believe that we can fix it and lighten our hearts may be just by talking to each other.
BrOkEn AnGii
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 9:55:30 AM
At 10/13/2013 9:53:13 AM, angii wrote:

i meditate it helps me clear my head
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
angii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 9:57:12 AM
At 10/13/2013 9:55:30 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:

You are so lucky, i tried to do that so many times but even worse thoughts start crossing my mind when i try to meditate...
BrOkEn AnGii
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 10:04:20 AM
At 10/13/2013 9:57:12 AM, angii wrote:

You are so lucky, i tried to do that so many times but even worse thoughts start crossing my mind when i try to meditate...

like what?
angii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 10:07:58 AM
At 10/13/2013 10:04:20 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:

like what?
Like what if i got kidnapped, what if someone is trying to get into my house at the moment, what if my mom wont wake up tomorrow, what if the boy i like come to know how i feel about him, what if i get into a very big fight with my best friend, i am a position holder at school, i imagine what will be my importance at home and school if i fail this year, things like that pop up into my mind making me even angry and i start talking to my self,some times i even feel m retarded.
BrOkEn AnGii
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 10:10:13 AM
At 10/13/2013 10:07:58 AM, angii wrote:

like what?
Like what if i got kidnapped, what if someone is trying to get into my house at the moment, what if my mom wont wake up tomorrow, what if the boy i like come to know how i feel about him, what if i get into a very big fight with my best friend, i am a position holder at school, i imagine what will be my importance at home and school if i fail this year, things like that pop up into my mind making me even angry and i start talking to my self,some times i even feel m retarded.

you know a lot of those things are irrational and probably won't happen. You know what they say, "even in the greatest darkness a light will still shine."
angii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 10:38:11 AM
At 10/13/2013 10:10:13 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:

like what?

you know a lot of those things are irrational and probably won't happen. You know what they say, "even in the greatest darkness a light will still shine."

i just hope to find that light as soon as possible 'cause m suffocating here in the darkness...
BrOkEn AnGii
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 10:40:03 AM
At 10/13/2013 10:38:11 AM, angii wrote:

like what?

i just hope to find that light as soon as possible 'cause m suffocating here in the darkness...

*tightly hugs* everything will be fine
angii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 10:41:24 AM
At 10/13/2013 10:40:03 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:

like what?

Thank you so much, you have no idea how much that means to me.
BrOkEn AnGii
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 10:44:31 AM
At 10/13/2013 5:48:15 AM, angii wrote:
Guilt, for me its a fatal disease that eats you up from inside, the whole day long you are thinking about the same thing, the same person, the same event and you regret what you have done, you don't like anything and you just want to be alone in your room locked up, lying on the floor, listening the saddest songs ever sung. That moment i think i SHOULDN'T have one that COULD have waited for a few more days WOULD have been successful, what to do when you are so depressed and there is absolutely no one there to talk to you or comfort you? i some times feel guilty for being me, is being me a crime? why don't people like me? i feel alone and empty but no one cares and the guilt inside me for doing something keeps on increasing, what is a 15 year old girl suppose to do in a situation like this?

Recognize that what other people who are not your friends or family think about you is irrelevant. Judge yourself by your own principles, not by what you think other people expect of you. It takes a long time to get to that point, but that's how building self confidence works.

Based on what I'm reading, I think it's fair to say that self confidence is really what you're struggling with, and guilt is only the effect of a prior cause -that cause being a lack of self confidence. That's ok, but you don't have to feel the way you do. I don't know you or your social circumstance, but based on what you've said I can tell you that there is no reason to feel guilty all the time. Set your own expectations for yourself. Be your own person.

Sometimes that's hard because it requires a lot of soul searching, but learning who you are, what matters to you and what you stand for is what the process of maturing is all about. And it's ok to feel bad when you disappoint yourself. I would suggest that it is even productive insomuch as it motivates you to reach higher, go further and try more. But beating yourself up over what other people think isn't the way to live life.

Even still, surround yourself with good people, who care about you, and who make you want to be a better person. To hell with everyone else.
Tsar of DDO
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 10:45:18 AM
At 10/13/2013 10:41:24 AM, angii wrote:

like what?

its just kind of an instinct to be sympathetic.....a lot of times towards girls
angii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 10:51:44 AM
At 10/13/2013 10:44:31 AM, YYW wrote:

Recognize that what other people who are not your friends or family think about you is irrelevant. Judge yourself by your own principles, not by what you think other people expect of you. It takes a long time to get to that point, but that's how building self confidence works.

Based on what I'm reading, I think it's fair to say that self confidence is really what you're struggling with, and guilt is only the effect of a prior cause -that cause being a lack of self confidence. That's ok, but you don't have to feel the way you do. I don't know you or your social circumstance, but based on what you've said I can tell you that there is no reason to feel guilty all the time. Set your own expectations for yourself. Be your own person.

Sometimes that's hard because it requires a lot of soul searching, but learning who you are, what matters to you and what you stand for is what the process of maturing is all about. And it's ok to feel bad when you disappoint yourself. I would suggest that it is even productive insomuch as it motivates you to reach higher, go further and try more. But beating yourself up over what other people think isn't the way to live life.

Even still, surround yourself with good people, who care about you, and who make you want to be a better person. To hell with everyone else.

The real problem lies in the last line, i don't have quite a lot of people in my life that actually care about me, my father wont even give me a look of concern if today i get weak at studies, my friends, well they have more friends than i will ever have any they are more important to them than i will ever be, my mother loves my elder brother more and the expectation of everyone is what puts all the stress on me making me go crazy and then i get made cutting my skin every other week, what to do if there aren't really any people who care about me, should it be to hell with everyone?
BrOkEn AnGii
angii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 10:54:18 AM
At 10/13/2013 10:45:18 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 10/13/2013 10:41:24 AM, angii wrote:

like what?

its just kind of an instinct to be sympathetic.....a lot of times towards girls

i agree and there is nothing a girl loves more than just some sympathy towards her...
BrOkEn AnGii
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 10:58:52 AM
At 10/13/2013 10:51:44 AM, angii wrote:

The real problem lies in the last line, i don't have quite a lot of people in my life that actually care about me, my father wont even give me a look of concern if today i get weak at studies, my friends, well they have more friends than i will ever have any they are more important to them than i will ever be, my mother loves my elder brother more and the expectation of everyone is what puts all the stress on me making me go crazy and then i get made cutting my skin every other week, what to do if there aren't really any people who care about me, should it be to hell with everyone?

It's not the number of friends that you have, but the quality of the people you surround yourself with. The family situation sounds tough, and I'm sorry about that. I don't know enough about what's going on to say anything meaningful about that though. But don't cut yourself. Your life is valuable. Too valuable to risk it like that.

But you need to learn to love yourself. Let me think on what you said a bit more though. I don't want to just write what I'm thinking now because I'm not sure if it's the best thing to say. I will respond with more, later though. (I wish Danielle or Oyrus were here to talk to you. I'm sure that both of them would be good to talk to.)
Tsar of DDO
angii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 11:17:02 AM
At 10/13/2013 10:58:52 AM, YYW wrote:
At 10/13/2013 10:51:44 AM, angii wrote:

It's not the number of friends that you have, but the quality of the people you surround yourself with. The family situation sounds tough, and I'm sorry about that. I don't know enough about what's going on to say anything meaningful about that though. But don't cut yourself. Your life is valuable. Too valuable to risk it like that.

But you need to learn to love yourself. Let me think on what you said a bit more though. I don't want to just write what I'm thinking now because I'm not sure if it's the best thing to say. I will respond with more, later though. (I wish Danielle or Oyrus were here to talk to you. I'm sure that both of them would be good to talk to.)

What ever you are telling me means a lot and what ever you people have said so far is all apart of my story by the way who are Danielle and Oyrus?
BrOkEn AnGii
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 11:41:51 AM

Already done.
Turn around, go back.
angii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 12:02:04 PM
At 10/13/2013 11:41:51 AM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:

Already done.

so what do you suggest?
BrOkEn AnGii
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 12:09:16 PM
Everyone is afraid, angii. Everyone. Realize that and things will get better. Pretty much everything your average person does can be related back to fear. Your mother loving your elder brother more, for example, is really just to do with control most likely, and it's sad, but that's just how the world is. Some day it might be better though, and you could help that along by not being so afraid now. You could help people like you. You do you though =P
angii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 12:26:50 PM
At 10/13/2013 12:09:16 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Everyone is afraid, angii. Everyone. Realize that and things will get better. Pretty much everything your average person does can be related back to fear. Your mother loving your elder brother more, for example, is really just to do with control most likely, and it's sad, but that's just how the world is. Some day it might be better though, and you could help that along by not being so afraid now. You could help people like you. You do you though =P

how can i prevent the fear from developing within me?
BrOkEn AnGii
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 12:37:37 PM
At 10/13/2013 12:26:50 PM, angii wrote:

I can't really say there, but it helps to know that that's what everyone else is up, too. I think misunderstanding/alienation brings about a lot of the bad in the world. Just... don't worry about it. Steer clear of suspicious situations of course, but don't let the bad swallow up your entire life. I mean why would you? Why think of being kidnapped in your safe moments? Think of good things, while staying sensible, and deal with being kidnapped if it ever comes to it. And then a good kick in the shins goes a long way =P
angii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 12:44:29 PM
At 10/13/2013 12:37:37 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 10/13/2013 12:26:50 PM, angii wrote:

I can't really say there, but it helps to know that that's what everyone else is up, too. I think misunderstanding/alienation brings about a lot of the bad in the world. Just... don't worry about it. Steer clear of suspicious situations of course, but don't let the bad swallow up your entire life. I mean why would you? Why think of being kidnapped in your safe moments? Think of good things, while staying sensible, and deal with being kidnapped if it ever comes to it. And then a good kick in the shins goes a long way =P

hahaha i will surely try to do that next time i think of getting kidnapped :P
BrOkEn AnGii
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 1:00:31 PM
Sad ;___;

I feel guilty too sometimes, but I just do good things and feel good about them then =P
angii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 1:26:03 PM
At 10/13/2013 1:00:31 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Sad ;___;

I feel guilty too sometimes, but I just do good things and feel good about them then =P

and what are those good thing? if you would like to share it with me
BrOkEn AnGii
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 1:28:39 PM
You have plenty of time to get people to like you.

Right now, your top priority should be on your studies.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."