Jump to topic:

I cannot stop blaspheming.

Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2013 3:00:38 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I am so angry at God for all the stuff He allows in my life. I feel like if He allows this and allows me to feel so bad, He has it coming. Any theists ever been angry at their God?
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2013 2:55:33 PM
At 10/14/2013 3:31:38 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Of course, everyone gets angry at everything. Just remember who the loser is. Winners don't get angry.

Fair enough. I will try to keep the faith. :)
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2013 3:21:34 PM
At 10/14/2013 3:00:38 AM, Sitara wrote:
I am so angry at God for all the stuff He allows in my life. I feel like if He allows this and allows me to feel so bad, He has it coming. Any theists ever been angry at their God?

I do, but then I think of all the stuff that HASN'T happened and make peace with it.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2013 3:40:56 PM
At 10/14/2013 3:21:34 PM, imabench wrote:

I do, but then I think of all the stuff that HASN'T happened and make peace with it.

Good point. I will try to remember that.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2013 7:51:52 PM
Of course, everyone gets angry at everything. Just remember who the loser is. Winners don't get angry.

Lol. If you just won a battle and everybody you know died in that battle, I'm pretty sure you'd be angry, despite winning.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2013 9:38:55 PM
At 10/16/2013 7:51:52 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Lol. If you just won a battle and everybody you know died in that battle, I'm pretty sure you'd be angry, despite winning.

youd be a motha f*ckin legend though if you were the very last person in a battle your side won
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 1:21:22 AM

You must the the person who looks at things simply to find the exception. But no, in a battle if everyone I love dies, then I count it as a loss. Simply because I lost loved ones. A victory in a battle doesn't really make me a winner in such a regard. A winner needs to win consistently, otherwise I could call a perfectly honest person who lies once in their life, a liar.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 6:36:24 AM
At 10/17/2013 1:21:22 AM, Smithereens wrote:

You must the the person who looks at things simply to find the exception. But no, in a battle if everyone I love dies, then I count it as a loss. Simply because I lost loved ones. A victory in a battle doesn't really make me a winner in such a regard. A winner needs to win consistently, otherwise I could call a perfectly honest person who lies once in their life, a liar.

I don't think thats so true. Honestly i would call such an event a "victory with so much loss." Its elstill a victory but you've lossed everyone. A victory in the bog picture but a loss for yourself. If someone is honest for a very long time and tells one lie but owns up to that lie. 1) all of his honesty would out weigh that lie and 2) said person owned up to it, so no they would not be a liar.
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 6:50:51 AM
At 10/17/2013 6:36:24 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:

I don't think thats so true. Honestly i would call such an event a "victory with so much loss." Its elstill a victory but you've lossed everyone. A victory in the bog picture but a loss for yourself. If someone is honest for a very long time and tells one lie but owns up to that lie. 1) all of his honesty would out weigh that lie and 2) said person owned up to it, so no they would not be a liar.

If you win the battle but lose all your friends, what then were you fighting for? You are a loser for losing that which is closest to you.
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 8:59:00 AM
At 10/17/2013 6:50:51 AM, Smithereens wrote:

If you win the battle but lose all your friends, what then were you fighting for? You are a loser for losing that which is closest to you.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

I assume this is what LK means.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 3:31:53 PM

Exactly YOU are. I specified that it would be a loss for you, but you fought for a cause and won. In the big picture its a win, but when you look at just you its a loss.
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 3:49:11 PM
At 10/17/2013 3:31:53 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

Exactly YOU are. I specified that it would be a loss for you, but you fought for a cause and won. In the big picture its a win, but when you look at just you its a loss.

lol cyber, that's the point I am making, this is an individual thing that the OP is talking about.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 4:06:14 PM

Sadly, yes ... I have once in my life been angry at God for letting something happen to my sister... I couldn't forgive her nor God nor my family..

But then He showed me how foolish I was for being so bitter and hateful.. I forgot who my God was... Who my Father was... I was only concerned about me and my emotions... I wanted things my way... But that was blasphemous and wrong of me... I had no reason to be angry at him nor my sister... Because God is sovereign andHe knows all things even when I nor any other person dont understand... My sister is just as sinful as I and any other person on this earth is... And once God showed me this, that was when I realized I was worse off then my sister and really needed to repent... And I did... I forgave my sister even though she still stands in betrayal to me and my family and God... But I love her pray for her and forgave her... And I trust that God knows best above my own thoughts or ideas...

Ecclesiastes 3:1-11 talks about that... So I leave a rhetorical question for you, what are you gonna do? Stay angry or accept what's happened and trust in God? (Proverbs 3:5-6).

God bless.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 4:09:46 PM
At 10/17/2013 4:06:14 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Sadly, yes ... I have once in my life been angry at God for letting something happen to my sister... I couldn't forgive her nor God nor my family..

But then He showed me how foolish I was for being so bitter and hateful.. I forgot who my God was... Who my Father was... I was only concerned about me and my emotions... I wanted things my way... But that was blasphemous and wrong of me... I had no reason to be angry at him nor my sister... Because God is sovereign andHe knows all things even when I nor any other person dont understand... My sister is just as sinful as I and any other person on this earth is... And once God showed me this, that was when I realized I was worse off then my sister and really needed to repent... And I did... I forgave my sister even though she still stands in betrayal to me and my family and God... But I love her pray for her and forgave her... And I trust that God knows best above my own thoughts or ideas...

Ecclesiastes 3:1-11 talks about that... So I leave a rhetorical question for you, what are you gonna do? Stay angry or accept what's happened and trust in God? (Proverbs 3:5-6).

God bless.
I am sorry for what you have been through. God bless you too. I am trying to be good, but it is hard.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 4:13:30 PM
At 10/17/2013 4:09:46 PM, Sitara wrote:

God bless.
I am sorry for what you have been through. God bless you too. I am trying to be good, but it is hard.

Romans 3:10&12- there is none righteous, no not one... There is none that does good, no not one ... . Romans 3:23- for all fall short of the glory of God...
Thank you for your genuine comment... Appreciate it... I hope in prayer all works out according to God's will concerning you and your situations,.
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 4:16:20 PM
At 10/17/2013 4:13:30 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

God bless.

Romans 3:10&12- there is none righteous, no not one... There is none that does good, no not one ... . Romans 3:23- for all fall short of the glory of God...
Thank you for your genuine comment... Appreciate it... I hope in prayer all works out according to God's will concerning you and your situations,.

Thanks. You wanna truce?
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 4:30:48 PM
At 10/17/2013 4:16:20 PM, Sitara wrote:

God bless.

Thanks. You wanna truce?

Si, Ma.
"Good Times" ~ Max
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 4:49:52 PM
At 10/17/2013 4:30:48 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 10/17/2013 4:16:20 PM, Sitara wrote:

God bless.

Thanks. You wanna truce?

Si, Ma.
Muchos gracias, senorita. :)
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 8:03:04 PM
Many religious individuals experience a crisis of faith at some point. It represents the logical mind trying to break free of the bullshlt. Luckily for organized religion, faith is a hell of a drug and like with most addictions, weakness and self-delusion often win out in the end.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2013 6:32:44 AM
At 10/17/2013 3:49:11 PM, Smithereens wrote:

lol cyber, that's the point I am making, this is an individual thing that the OP is talking about.

Yet you failed to read my argument; for shame, shame.
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2013 6:33:34 AM
At 10/18/2013 6:32:44 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:

I don't believe you remember what we were talking about mate.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2013 6:36:23 AM
At 10/18/2013 6:33:34 AM, Smithereens wrote:

Yes i do remember
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2013 6:37:20 AM
At 10/18/2013 6:36:23 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:

Yes i do remember

Therefore, a net loss is a loss.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2013 2:52:50 PM
At 10/18/2013 6:37:20 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 10/18/2013 6:36:23 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:

Yes i do remember

Therefore, a net loss is a loss.

Technically yes
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 7:16:25 PM
At 10/17/2013 8:03:04 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Many religious individuals experience a crisis of faith at some point. It represents the logical mind trying to break free of the bullshlt. Luckily for organized religion, faith is a hell of a drug and like with most addictions, weakness and self-delusion often win out in the end.

Pun intended? ;)
SPENCERJOYAGE14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 10:47:48 PM
I've never been angry at God, but that is most likely since I'm so young and nothing really bad has ever happened to me.
I'm so fancy, you already know.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2013 10:17:17 PM
And this, is why i don't give a rat's arse whether God exists or not. I'm not your typical atheist. I don't believe, don't get me wrong, but my primary reason I will never affiliate myself with a reason is that I simply don't think any God worthy of my worship would permit or cause any of the suffering I've experienced, much less the even worse suffering I've seen happen to others. I'm sorry your God upset you, but I must ask, why is he your God if that's what he does?
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2013 10:56:36 AM
At 10/21/2013 10:17:17 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
And this, is why i don't give a rat's arse whether God exists or not. I'm not your typical atheist. I don't believe, don't get me wrong, but my primary reason I will never affiliate myself with a religion is that I simply don't think any God worthy of my worship would permit or cause any of the suffering I've experienced, much less the even worse suffering I've seen happen to others. I'm sorry your God upset you, but I must ask, why is he your God if that's what he does?

Fix'd