Jump to topic:

NMSQT for college apps

dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2013 8:40:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
So I'm filling out the common app, and I was wondering if there are any additional steps that I need to take when listing a NMSC award? Do colleges verify it themselves or do I need to do something? I searched the NMSC's website and couldn't find any answers. Thanks
"In case anyone hasn't noticed it, the West is in extremis. The undertaker is checking his watch at the foot of its bed, and there's a sinister kettle of croaking, money-feathered vultures on the roof."
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2013 9:18:58 PM
At 10/16/2013 8:40:51 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
So I'm filling out the common app, and I was wondering if there are any additional steps that I need to take when listing a NMSC award? Do colleges verify it themselves or do I need to do something? I searched the NMSC's website and couldn't find any answers. Thanks

nope. You just list it in the award/honors section under Education. No verification necessary.

Did you get commended or semifinalist, if you don't mind me asking?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2013 9:30:31 PM
At 10/16/2013 9:18:58 PM, 000ike wrote:

nope. You just list it in the award/honors section under Education. No verification necessary.

Thanks. And I got commended. Do you happen to know what the cutoff was for semifinalist?
"In case anyone hasn't noticed it, the West is in extremis. The undertaker is checking his watch at the foot of its bed, and there's a sinister kettle of croaking, money-feathered vultures on the roof."
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2013 9:34:03 PM
At 10/16/2013 9:30:31 PM, dylancatlow wrote:

Thanks. And I got commended. Do you happen to know what the cutoff was for semifinalist?

It varies by state. My state has the highest cut off, so I ended up with commended as well :(

You can check here: http://www.collegeplanningsimplified.com...
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2013 9:41:43 PM
At 10/16/2013 9:34:03 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/16/2013 9:30:31 PM, dylancatlow wrote:

It varies by state. My state has the highest cut off, so I ended up with commended as well :(

You can check here: http://www.collegeplanningsimplified.com...

Ugh why can't I live in a stupid state lol