I need a boyfriend

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2013 10:11:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Damnit.

I never thought I would feel like one of those people who so longed for a meaningful relationship that I would actually admit it. But that's basically where I am. I mean, I'm not picky.

Be at least 20, but no older than 24. Be clever, honest and have a good personality. Have a cute smile.

Is that too much to ask?

Of course there's more to it than that... I know that I'm a hard person to be in a relationship with, but I am so tired of being single. Hooking up has become meaningless, and so to a point where I really don't even bother any more. I guess it's because I have a birthday coming up next month. Idk.

I feel pathetic.
Tsar of DDO
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2013 10:45:06 PM
This is unexpected from you. I'm usually used to you advocating just dating over relationships.

That being said, I'm not exactly knowledgeable of a way to help you out. Good luck.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2013 10:51:00 PM
At 10/23/2013 10:45:06 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:
This is unexpected from you. I'm usually used to you advocating just dating over relationships.

It's the kind of thing that's been eating away at me for the past two months... insidiously.

That being said, I'm not exactly knowledgeable of a way to help you out. Good luck.

I don't think there is... other than find a boyfriend. But thanks, Bobbert. I appreciate the thought.
Tsar of DDO
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 12:20:53 AM
Aren't there dating services you can hit up?
There are in my neck of the woods, or at least say they are legit on super late night TV.
My work here is, finally, done.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 1:11:10 AM
At 10/24/2013 12:20:53 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Aren't there dating services you can hit up?

I'm on a few of them. Even been on a few dates... I don't know what it is, but I cannot seem to find anyone who is content to just talk for a while, other than lesbians and heteros.

There are in my neck of the woods, or at least say they are legit on super late night TV.

I've had some luck, but not a whole lot.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 1:11:51 AM
At 10/24/2013 12:48:17 AM, Sitara wrote:
I need a husband or a wife.

Jumping the gun, much?

I mean, I'd like to eventually get married... maybe. But I still think I'm too young to be thinking about that.
Tsar of DDO
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 1:47:25 AM
Neediness kills attraction; the hungry don't get fed. Focus on cultivating an ecosystem of positive emotions around you, and approach the guys you want with a full cup. Don't be focused on the outcome of the relationship, but rather live in the moment and enjoy the process of meeting and dating until you find that person with whom the chemistry is cinematic.

Good luck, YYW!
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 7:51:49 AM
At 10/23/2013 10:11:22 PM, YYW wrote:
Damnit.

I never thought I would feel like one of those people who so longed for a meaningful relationship that I would actually admit it. But that's basically where I am. I mean, I'm not picky.

Be at least 20, but no older than 24. Be clever, honest and have a good personality. Have a cute smile.

Is that too much to ask?

Of course there's more to it than that... I know that I'm a hard person to be in a relationship with, but I am so tired of being single. Hooking up has become meaningless, and so to a point where I really don't even bother any more. I guess it's because I have a birthday coming up next month. Idk.

I feel pathetic.

There are a lot of Tea Partiers that are probably feeling a bit depressed now that could use some company. Take them out for a nice night on the town, get married, file for health insurance...
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 8:35:29 AM
Welcome to how I feel like 75% of the time when I'm single (sadly).

It's a lousy feeling. But you've just got to stick it out for the right person. Usually they just eventually appear out of the blue.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 8:38:21 AM
At 10/24/2013 1:47:25 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Neediness kills attraction; the hungry don't get fed. Focus on cultivating an ecosystem of positive emotions around you, and approach the guys you want with a full cup. Don't be focused on the outcome of the relationship, but rather live in the moment and enjoy the process of meeting and dating until you find that person with whom the chemistry is cinematic.

Good luck, YYW!

well aren't you just a ray of sunshine

/sarcasm
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 9:30:00 AM
At 10/24/2013 1:47:25 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Neediness kills attraction;

Yeah... which only sort of amplifies the unpleasantness of feeling this way...

I have a very good friend of mine in the UK who said that beneath the tough, intellectual, hyper-masculine veneer is a vulnerable, boy-band loving queer who just wants more than anything else to be loved. He said that when I was 18. I guess it took a bit over three years for him to be right...

the hungry don't get fed. Focus on cultivating an ecosystem of positive emotions around you, and approach the guys you want with a full cup. Don't be focused on the outcome of the relationship, but rather live in the moment and enjoy the process of meeting and dating until you find that person with whom the chemistry is cinematic.

Good luck, YYW!

You are probably the most reliably positive person I have ever interacted with, WSA. Don't ever loose that. And thanks :)
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 9:31:07 AM
At 10/24/2013 8:35:29 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

I empathize...

It's a lousy feeling. But you've just got to stick it out for the right person. Usually they just eventually appear out of the blue.

I guess... there's hope in that.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 9:32:05 AM
At 10/24/2013 7:51:49 AM, drafterman wrote:
Damnit.

Is that too much to ask?

I feel pathetic.

There are a lot of Tea Partiers that are probably feeling a bit depressed now that could use some company. Take them out for a nice night on the town, get married, file for health insurance...

lol, that's a pretty grand idea. I'll have to give that some consideration...

But I'm not really into closeted redneck types... rofl
Tsar of DDO
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 10:09:47 AM
At 10/24/2013 9:31:07 AM, YYW wrote:

I empathize...

I was single for almost a year, gave up hope on hooking up, had pretty much given up on dating at that point and settled in for the long haul when I met my current girlfriend when I was least expecting it.
DoubtingDave
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 10:13:49 AM
Damnit.

Is that too much to ask?

I feel pathetic.

Hey qt. Here is my picture http://tinyurl.com...
inbox me if interested
The Great Wall of Fail

"I have doubts that anti-semitism even exists" -GeoLaureate8

"Evolutionists think that people evolved from rocks" -Scotty

"And whats so bad about a Holy war? By Holy war, I mean a war which would aim to subdue others under Islam." -Ahmed.M

"The free market didn't create the massive wealth in the country, WW2 did." -malcomxy

"Independant federal regulators make our capitalist society possible." -Erik_Erikson
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 10:27:15 AM
At 10/24/2013 10:13:49 AM, DoubtingDave wrote:
Damnit.

Is that too much to ask?

I feel pathetic.

inbox me if interested

I wasn't really posting a personal ad... but I appreciate the thought.
Tsar of DDO
DoubtingDave
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 10:35:42 AM
At 10/24/2013 10:27:15 AM, YYW wrote:
At 10/24/2013 10:13:49 AM, DoubtingDave wrote:
Damnit.

Is that too much to ask?

I feel pathetic.

inbox me if interested

I wasn't really posting a personal ad... but I appreciate the thought.

*Cry*
The Great Wall of Fail

"I have doubts that anti-semitism even exists" -GeoLaureate8

"Evolutionists think that people evolved from rocks" -Scotty

"And whats so bad about a Holy war? By Holy war, I mean a war which would aim to subdue others under Islam." -Ahmed.M

"The free market didn't create the massive wealth in the country, WW2 did." -malcomxy

"Independant federal regulators make our capitalist society possible." -Erik_Erikson
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 10:43:33 AM
At 10/24/2013 10:09:47 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 10/24/2013 9:31:07 AM, YYW wrote:

I empathize...

I was single for almost a year, gave up hope on hooking up, had pretty much given up on dating at that point and settled in for the long haul when I met my current girlfriend when I was least expecting it.

The last "boyfriend" I had was, in retrospect, more of a friends with benefits situation less than something significant. He was always busy, as was I, and even though we did -I think- care about each other we never had time for each other... except on Sunday afternoons.

I sat down last night and wrote the saga of our relationship up in the form of a short story... it got to be about 25 pages. I read it over when I was finished with it, and it was actually harder to read than I thought it would be. The problem with writing what you know is that it forces you to view your life as a third party in reflection. Perhaps that's useful... but even if it is, it's equally hard to do if you're being honest with yourself. The tendency to romanticize the past, to recall only the "good times" is something I've never had. I remember everything... and it's convicting.

But of the relationships that I've had, the one I want the most is the one I've never had. There is one guy, who I have known since we were both in high school, who I have loved -really loved- since I first met him. At first, it was just infatuation... as I guess any closeted 16 year old would feel. He's not perfect by any measure -at least not physically. Emotionally and intellectually, though, despite the fact that he can be unstable at times, he's the most sincere, warm, genuine person I've ever known.

What began all those years ago grew into genuine affection over time, as we've grown up. And yet, we're friends. I guess that's all we'll ever be. It's the kind of situation where I know in my head and in my heart that he's everything I want; but to try to become anything more than what we are now would -I think- risk the friendship we've had for all these years. I guess that is the nature of the exquisite pain... There is no reason to matters of the heart, though. It's moments like this I feel like speaking in French.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 10:59:56 AM
I mean, there is a point in our lives where we go through a phase of being in love with the idea of love... and there is a latter point where the sentiment we hold for others becomes inseparable from who we are. To genuinely care for another person is something, though, that I've always been reluctant to surrender to -and I suppose you have to surrender to it, because if you don't, it will corrode every part of you from the inside out. But to tread water with the river's current is not the same as to swim in the direction that it's flowing. I guess most of you are probably surprised to hear this from me... given how I've approached relationships in the past.

There was a point where I would sit down for a first date, and stare across the table at someone who was so nervous even to be sitting there. I don't really get nervous on first dates... I've been on enough of them that there is essentially nothing new under the sun (except one time, one guy did surprise me with how forthright he was about his "interests"). Deal. Killer. I didn't even bother to come up with an excuse. I said that I hoped he had a good evening, and I stood up, laughed and walked away. Let it not be said that I don't have moments where I can be a real bastard...

One guy I went out with when I was an undergrad (he was a grad student) said that he felt like I was "sizing him up" as a hiring manager would in a job interview. I told him that I just wanted to get to know him... he said he felt like he was being interrogated, and that his every answer was being scrutinized. I wasn't interrogating him, but I was evaluating everything he did. He said something to the effect that I was "one of those people who could see through anyone," and that it made him nervous. We went out a few times, but he met someone else... perhaps someone less observant.

But none of that was ever the case with this other guy, who I was talking about earlier. We can talk for hours. We see the world in nearly the exact same way. I think he's smarter than I am, but he would -and has- said the same about me. It's precisely the match I want... but to no avail, I suppose.

I guess I'm turning DDO into my therapy session... wow.
Tsar of DDO
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 11:28:49 AM
It's sad, isn't it? Despite how corrupt the heterosexuals are, they make up 98% of the population and there's always a silver lining. The gay community is not ideal in general, and is really messed up. Not the individuals per se, just the culture. Innomen explained this well in a thread. Oh well. Maybe there's a silver lining for all. Who cares.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 11:32:50 AM
The point is -- suppose you were heterosexual. You wouldn't feel like this. You'd see almost any opposite sex in the street as a potential partner. That's the vast likelihood. You'd be more confident, happy, stable - to name a few. Sad how just one thing makes up such a large part of one's life.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 9:42:21 PM
At 10/24/2013 11:28:49 AM, Mirza wrote:
It's sad, isn't it? Despite how corrupt the heterosexuals are, they make up 98% of the population and there's always a silver lining. The gay community is not ideal in general, and is really messed up. Not the individuals per se, just the culture. Innomen explained this well in a thread. Oh well. Maybe there's a silver lining for all. Who cares.

Innomen's thread -I remember it well- was talking about club culture, specifically, and he made some general points about the extent to which gay guys are shallow and superficial.

On club culture, I guess now, I agree with him. And young gay men are very superficial, as a general rule. But, it remains to be the case that there are a lot of really good gay guys who defy what may be a general "norm."

But this isn't so much about my relationship with club culture (I haven't even been out drinking in a few months now), so much as it is about relationships...
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 9:45:30 PM
At 10/24/2013 11:32:50 AM, Mirza wrote:
The point is -- suppose you were heterosexual. You wouldn't feel like this.

I don't know about that, and from what I know of heterosexual guys who actually are willing to admit that they have feelings, the way I feel now isn't especially uncommon -either among gay or straight men.

You'd see almost any opposite sex in the street as a potential partner.

Completely beside the point.

That's the vast likelihood. You'd be more confident, happy, stable - to name a few. Sad how just one thing makes up such a large part of one's life.

Dude, you're not going to get it. It's not even about sexuality. It's about not being alone.
Tsar of DDO
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 10:12:17 PM
At 10/24/2013 9:45:30 PM, YYW wrote:

I don't know about that, and from what I know of heterosexual guys who actually are willing to admit that they have feelings, the way I feel now isn't especially uncommon -either among gay or straight men.

What? Loneliness or the need for another male partner?

If I couldn't get a boner by staring at every other girl I see, then what's the point of living anymore? We live in the most oversexualized society in the world, and caters to my preferences. I suppose you'd have more luck in Berlin or Tel Aviv.

That's the vast likelihood. You'd be more confident, happy, stable - to name a few. Sad how just one thing makes up such a large part of one's life.

Dude, you're not going to get it. It's not even about sexuality. It's about not being alone.

http://www.eharmony.com...
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 10:15:56 PM
At 10/24/2013 10:12:17 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:

Loneliness because I'm single.

If I couldn't get a boner by staring at every other girl I see, then what's the point of living anymore? We live in the most oversexualized society in the world, and caters to my preferences. I suppose you'd have more luck in Berlin or Tel Aviv.

I've never been to Tel Aviv... but the city is not what's at issue. There actually was a guy in Belgium I was talking to for a while, a while back, but he was in Belgium... so it wouldn't have (and consequently didn't) work out. Berlin is an amazing place, though.

You realize that eharmony doesn't really cater to queers... right?
Tsar of DDO
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 10:21:31 PM
At 10/24/2013 10:15:56 PM, YYW wrote:

I've never had a girlfriend myself, so imagine how I feel.

I've never been to Tel Aviv... but the city is not what's at issue. There actually was a guy in Belgium I was talking to for a while, a while back, but he was in Belgium... so it wouldn't have (and consequently didn't) work out. Berlin is an amazing place, though.

How do you visit all of these places? It would cost me thousands of dollars just for the plane rides alone (my father gets free standby tickets for Delta because he works there, but he doesn't have anywhere near the time to come).

Well, men seeking men... doesn't it?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 10:24:37 PM
At 10/24/2013 10:21:31 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 10/24/2013 10:15:56 PM, YYW wrote:

I've never had a girlfriend myself, so imagine how I feel.

I actually remember being a teenager. I know exactly how you feel. It's not how I feel right now... btw.

How do you visit all of these places? It would cost me thousands of dollars just for the plane rides alone (my father gets free standby tickets for Delta because he works there, but he doesn't have anywhere near the time to come).

I didn't go to Belgium, and I've traveled a lot. Some with family. Some with friends. Some with school.

I've always also had a thing for flight attendants.

Well, men seeking men... doesn't it?

No. They have another site... and for the longest time their founder and CEO was rabidly opposed to allowing same sex couples to use their technology to connect.
Tsar of DDO
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 10:30:34 PM
Damnit.

Is that too much to ask?

I feel pathetic.

I doubt posting this on DDO is going to lead to any kind of serious relationship. In fact, getting off DDO for awhile would probably be a better option to obtain your desires. Though I'm sure someone has mentioned this.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 10:32:31 PM
At 10/24/2013 10:24:37 PM, YYW wrote:
I didn't go to Belgium, and I've traveled a lot. Some with family. Some with friends. Some with school.

I only travel to Israel, but I do it a lot. The problem is, going anywhere costs a lot of money for my parents (not because of the flight, but the need for lodging, food, etc.). So we never really go anywhere but Israel, because we can stay by our relatives.

I've always also had a thing for flight attendants.

Yeah, those people are certainly monogamous.

No. They have another site... and for the longest time their founder and CEO was rabidly opposed to allowing same sex couples to use their technology to connect.

Eh, well. There's not much advice I can give you. But I do hope it works out for you.