Jump to topic:

I feel like religion is an impossible standar

Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2013 9:40:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
to live up to. Part of me wants to be perfect and part of me wants to cuss like a drunken sailor.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2013 9:45:23 PM
At 10/27/2013 9:40:42 PM, Sitara wrote:
to live up to. Part of me wants to be perfect and part of me wants to cuss like a drunken sailor.

Well, that's just the problem. Living for religion is hard to live up to. But living for Jesus is not because even if we mess up He still will always forgive us and guide us through.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2013 9:54:15 PM
At 10/27/2013 9:45:23 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Well, that's just the problem. Living for religion is hard to live up to. But living for Jesus is not because even if we mess up He still will always forgive us and guide us through.

I hope so. The desire to be perfect is making me miserable.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2013 9:56:42 PM
At 10/27/2013 9:54:15 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/27/2013 9:45:23 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

I hope so. The desire to be perfect is making me miserable.

If your in Christ that's ALL the perfection you need!perfection of Christ! You'll never be perfect. He perfects us everyday.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad