Jump to topic:

I'm surprised

GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2013 10:49:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
So some of you know me and know that I don't date nor personally care to wanna date either. I've also said that I don't think it's right to let feelings get in the way and I still hold to that, but I didn't even realize I let myself be drawn to this one guy at school.

Let me just explain what kinda guy he is... He's Christian ... Genuinely... He doesn't just talk the talk... I've known him for a while now... Yes, we have a lot of different views and opinions on certain issues concerning the Bible, but we still agree on a lot of other things too from the Bible.. We've learned a lot from each other.. And we both consider ourselves to be close friends because we actually are.. We share personal information with each other.. Encourage each other when either of us is feeling down or got stuff on minds.. But I have to say he's way more of a good listener than I am.. He's very well known at school as the Christian guy and I'm not as popular as him, but people know me as the Christian girl though.. He shows more of a genuine care than any other guy I've ever met.. I don't think he likes me in return though.. I'm usually good about discerning if someone likes me or not and just from being around him so much and talking to him I know for certain that he doesn't like me like that..

Here's the thing, I didn't know I had let myself be so drawn to him until he told me he wasn't gonna be attending that college anymore but will be going to a Bible institution seminary (or something like that) and at that moment when he told me my heart sank inside. And I felt a deep sadness come over me an it was at that moment I realized why I was feeling that way... I let him and only him get too close to me so much that I actually grew to really genuinely care about him not just as a friend or brother in Christ but as a person and someone I truly trust.. He's need given me any reason to not trust him.. And I truly believe trust is something worth something.. It's not just a simple trust but a huge trust.. Trust is something that needs to be there in marriage... But when I look at him, deep inside, I know he's not meant for me (marriage)... I know he's just meant to be a friend and a brother in Christ and only a friend and brother in Christ.. I kinda hope somehow that maybe he is the one, but again deep inside I know he's not..

FYI, he doesn't know any of this either. He knows that I like "someone", but sadly he doesn't know it's him. I don't think I should tell him because I think it might ruin our friendship. So I think it's better left unsaid and better that he does leave so that it won't be too hard.. But, I know I do need to regain my focus because it's not where it should be.. I seriously don't know how or why I allowed myself to get so drawn to this guy when I know he's not for me.. But I will say that the woman he does marry is going to be a very blessed woman.. That should say a lot about him as a person..

I made a vow with my dad and God that I would not engage in a relationship unless it was Gods doing through my dad to lead me to marriage in whoever is brought to me.. I only pray that the man that is brought to me is a Godly man ...

What are y'all's thoughts about all this?
(P.s. You guys here are the firsts ones to know about this).
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2013 11:08:19 PM
I had a similar experience which I won't go into. But, I would point out two things:

1. If this person is "the one," you should tell him and run the risk of ruining the friendship. It is better to know, than to torture yourself by not knowing. And, if your truly are close friends who are bonded by shared experiences and similar interested, your relationship shouldn't end with this revelation. It may change, but if he is your friend, he will stick with you, even if he won't be with you.

2. If he isn't "the one," or if you're not sure, don't tell him. With time, the closeness will go away. Psychologically, it has been shown that separation reduces fondness, so after a time, you will feel better.

These are my thoughts. My suggestions may not be good for you or for this instance; chart your own course. The only really vital thing to keep in mind is that sometimes, when you're afraid of doing something you'll regret, you end up regretting what you didn't do. It's a cruel irony, but keep that in your thoughts as you proceed.

This is an unusually frank/personal post for me. I wish you best of luck, and greatest happiness.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2013 11:16:52 PM
At 10/27/2013 11:08:19 PM, bsh1 wrote:
I had a similar experience which I won't go into. But, I would point out two things:

1. If this person is "the one," you should tell him and run the risk of ruining the friendship. It is better to know, than to torture yourself by not knowing. And, if your truly are close friends who are bonded by shared experiences and similar interested, your relationship shouldn't end with this revelation. It may change, but if he is your friend, he will stick with you, even if he won't be with you.

2. If he isn't "the one," or if you're not sure, don't tell him. With time, the closeness will go away. Psychologically, it has been shown that separation reduces fondness, so after a time, you will feel better.

These are my thoughts. My suggestions may not be good for you or for this instance; chart your own course. The only really vital thing to keep in mind is that sometimes, when you're afraid of doing something you'll regret, you end up regretting what you didn't do. It's a cruel irony, but keep that in your thoughts as you proceed.

This is an unusually frank/personal post for me. I wish you best of luck, and greatest happiness.

Thank you for your input. I will definitely keep that in mind.
But, what do you mean, "this is an unusually frank/personal post for me"?
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2013 11:19:15 PM
I don't normally talk about myself, other than that I did LD.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2013 11:19:17 PM
YOU are the one who should choose your relationships. your father does not own you. Yes he should have input, but YOU should have the final say.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2013 11:25:46 PM
At 10/27/2013 11:19:15 PM, bsh1 wrote:
I don't normally talk about myself, other than that I did LD.

Well, then I feel special :)
That you would care to use your experience to try and relate to me with your inputs .. Appreciate it...
"Good Times" ~ Max
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2013 11:27:13 PM
At 10/27/2013 11:19:17 PM, Sitara wrote:
YOU are the one who should choose your relationships. your father does not own you. Yes he should have input, but YOU should have the final say.

It has nothing to do with owning me... I chose this... My dad didn't.. But he knows I trust him as my dad in letting him do this... I know he's a man of God and that God will use him to help me find someone as a spouse for me...
"Good Times" ~ Max
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2013 11:30:00 PM
Thank you. Your post seemed genuine, and so I felt a sincere reply was in order.

Also, I agree with Sitara, but at the same time, I don't want to infringe on your beliefs. You are far more religious than I am, and so I urge you to follow the path that is best for your conscience as well as for your heart.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2013 11:32:18 PM
At 10/27/2013 11:27:13 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

It has nothing to do with owning me... I chose this... My dad didn't.. But he knows I trust him as my dad in letting him do this... I know he's a man of God and that God will use him to help me find someone as a spouse for me...

Okay. If that is you choice I respect that. You are so lucky to have a loving father. I am sorry if I offended you. Maybe ye can talk to papa bear about this?
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2013 11:39:24 PM
At 10/27/2013 11:32:18 PM, Sitara wrote:

Okay. If that is you choice I respect that. You are so lucky to have a loving father. I am sorry if I offended you. Maybe ye can talk to papa bear about this?

@GodChoosesLife - if he is possibly "the one," then it may be helpful to talk to a close relative or friend. They will probably be able to make better recommendations that anyone on DDO. They know you better than we do, and they are better placed to know your situation. Maybe talking this out with someone you trust would be beneficial. Again, do what you think is best for you and that sits well with your conscience. But remember, sometimes fear of regret makes us not do things, and we later regret not doing them. I hope my comments have been helpful, and I wish you clarity of thought, and best of luck as this situation develops. Relationships are hard, especially when the other person has no idea how much you care.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2013 11:46:11 PM
At 10/27/2013 11:30:00 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Thank you. Your post seemed genuine, and so I felt a sincere reply was in order.

Also, I agree with Sitara, but at the same time, I don't want to infringe on your beliefs. You are far more religious than I am, and so I urge you to follow the path that is best for your conscience as well as for your heart.

Thank you.
"Good Times" ~ Max
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2013 11:47:34 PM

You know, it's been laid on my heart for the past few days or so to talk to my dad about this. Maybe that's been God telling me and now he's using you and bsh1 to tell me to do so.
"Good Times" ~ Max
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2013 11:48:21 PM
At 10/27/2013 11:47:34 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

You know, it's been laid on my heart for the past few days or so to talk to my dad about this. Maybe that's been God telling me and now he's using you and bsh1 to tell me to do so.

I think it is. Go talk to your dad. :)
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2013 11:48:49 PM
At 10/27/2013 11:46:11 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 10/27/2013 11:30:00 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Thank you.
Danada
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2013 11:49:03 PM
At 10/27/2013 11:39:24 PM, bsh1 wrote:

@GodChoosesLife - if he is possibly "the one," then it may be helpful to talk to a close relative or friend. They will probably be able to make better recommendations that anyone on DDO. They know you better than we do, and they are better placed to know your situation. Maybe talking this out with someone you trust would be beneficial. Again, do what you think is best for you and that sits well with your conscience. But remember, sometimes fear of regret makes us not do things, and we later regret not doing them. I hope my comments have been helpful, and I wish you clarity of thought, and best of luck as this situation develops. Relationships are hard, especially when the other person has no idea how much you care.

Again, thank you. I may just need to put my pride aside and talk to my dad about this. Because it's actually been pressed on my heart to talk to him about this...
"Good Times" ~ Max
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 12:47:16 AM
The fact that you're a Rick Santorum supporting, Republican pro-lifer in the context of this thread tells me that you probably ought to actually date someone like this guy, if not marry him, because even if you don't love him... the number of people on this earth who think like you do is very small.

I just hope that for your children's sake, none of them are gay.
Tsar of DDO
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 1:00:01 AM
At 10/27/2013 10:49:36 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
So some of you know me and know that I don't date nor personally care to wanna date either. I've also said that I don't think it's right to let feelings get in the way and I still hold to that, but I didn't even realize I let myself be drawn to this one guy at school.

Let me just explain what kinda guy he is... He's Christian ... Genuinely... He doesn't just talk the talk... I've known him for a while now... Yes, we have a lot of different views and opinions on certain issues concerning the Bible, but we still agree on a lot of other things too from the Bible.. We've learned a lot from each other.. And we both consider ourselves to be close friends because we actually are.. We share personal information with each other.. Encourage each other when either of us is feeling down or got stuff on minds.. But I have to say he's way more of a good listener than I am.. He's very well known at school as the Christian guy and I'm not as popular as him, but people know me as the Christian girl though.. He shows more of a genuine care than any other guy I've ever met..

So then whats the problem?

I don't think he likes me in return though..

Ah, yes that could definitely be a problem

I'm usually good about discerning if someone likes me or not and just from being around him so much and talking to him I know for certain that he doesn't like me like that..

Ill call that into question. A large majority of guys who are friends with girls actually admit to being attracted to them.

http://www.scientificamerican.com...

Im just saying that the odds are he is attracted to you and is just REALLY GOOD at not showing it too much. But the fact that he listens to you really well and shares personal stuff with you is a clear flag that hes into you.

Here's the thing, I didn't know I had let myself be so drawn to him until he told me he wasn't gonna be attending that college anymore but will be going to a Bible institution seminary (or something like that) and at that moment when he told me my heart sank inside. And I felt a deep sadness come over me an it was at that moment I realized why I was feeling that way... I let him and only him get too close to me so much that I actually grew to really genuinely care about him not just as a friend or brother in Christ but as a person and someone I truly trust.. He's need given me any reason to not trust him.. And I truly believe trust is something worth something.. It's not just a simple trust but a huge trust.. Trust is something that needs to be there in marriage... But when I look at him, deep inside, I know he's not meant for me (marriage)...

Sometimes thats just the way it is, especially when youre still really young.

I know he's just meant to be a friend and a brother in Christ and only a friend and brother in Christ.. I kinda hope somehow that maybe he is the one, but again deep inside I know he's not..

So are you simply conflicted over how it probably wont work or is there something else im missing?

FYI, he doesn't know any of this either. He knows that I like "someone", but sadly he doesn't know it's him. I don't think I should tell him because I think it might ruin our friendship.

No thats horse sh*t (Pardon my language)

Trust me, it is far worse to go through your whole life and wonder what it could have been like if you and him were together for however little time you still have then to not go through with it. If you do make the leap and he does shoot you down for some reason, then at least you'll know and wont have to haunt yourself with the question of what wouldve happened if you didnt try.

So I think it's better left unsaid and better that he does leave so that it won't be too hard..

Life isnt meant about doing stuff thats easy

But, I know I do need to regain my focus because it's not where it should be.. I seriously don't know how or why I allowed myself to get so drawn to this guy when I know he's not for me.. But I will say that the woman he does marry is going to be a very blessed woman.. That should say a lot about him as a person..

Just because you dont think you'll marry him it doesnt mean you shouldnt be with him at all.

I made a vow with my dad and God that I would not engage in a relationship unless it was Gods doing through my dad to lead me to marriage in whoever is brought to me..

That honestly sounds like a terrible vow to make

I only pray that the man that is brought to me is a Godly man ...

I say go for it, chances are that he is somewhat attracted to you and its far worse to not go through with it and ask yourself the 'what if' questions for the rest of your life then to take the leap.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 1:00:58 AM
At 10/28/2013 12:47:16 AM, YYW wrote:
The fact that you're a Rick Santorum supporting, Republican pro-lifer in the context of this thread tells me that you probably ought to actually date someone like this guy, if not marry him, because even if you don't love him... the number of people on this earth who think like you do is very small.

Youve clearly never visited the midwest.....

Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 1:03:30 AM
At 10/28/2013 1:00:58 AM, imabench wrote:

I've flown through Cincinnati, but I'll admit that I am happy to be on the east coast.

Tsar of DDO
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 1:05:44 AM
At 10/28/2013 1:03:30 AM, YYW wrote:

I've flown through Cincinnati, but I'll admit that I am happy to be on the east coast.

Well until youve been invited to an actual book burning in rural Oklahoma like I have, then just trust me in saying that there are a lot of them out there

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 1:11:18 AM
At 10/28/2013 1:05:44 AM, imabench wrote:

Well until youve been invited to an actual book burning in rural Oklahoma like I have, then just trust me in saying that there are a lot of them out there

Do they stone gays and burn crosses too?
Tsar of DDO
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 1:20:07 AM
Let me offer something of a proverb, one of my favorites, though I am going from memory, not an actual quote.

A man, looking for his faith to be restored, went out into the woods. In a prairie, he sat and contemplated if God really existed. He stood up and shouted to the skies, "Lord, if you are there, let me feel your touch!" as the wind blew his hair, he noticed nothing. "Lord, let me hear your voice!" as an eagle cried overhead, he heard nothing. "Please, Lord, give me a sign, any kind of sign that you are here!" He looked around at all the beauty that nature had there in front of him, and saw nothing.

A funnier version, if you prefer, is more towards the faith healing side. A man is sick and dying in bed. A doctor comes over and says, "we can save your life, just come to the hospital," but the man refuses and says, "If God wants me to live, he will let me live." Later that night, the man dies in his sleep. When he meets God up in heaven he asks, "Why was this my time? Why wasn't there anything more for me to do?"

"I had plenty more for you to do on Earth," God responded.

Confused, the man asked, "Then why did you let me die?"

God retorted, "Who the heck do you think called the doctor?!"

The simply moral is, you can't sit and wait "God will give me the answer." While he does give the answer, he doesn't do it in a way that says "this is God talking, do this." He works so subtly that you don't really even notice until after it is done. God isn't going to send you a text, or an email, and certainly not a PM from his DDO account, telling you explicitly what to do in this, or any situation. He is going to just give you a feeling in your heart and you will won't even know it.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 8:57:05 AM

I'm sorry, but I don't think I'm quite understanding your words here? Could you elaborate or something?
"Good Times" ~ Max
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 9:21:30 AM
At 10/28/2013 1:11:18 AM, YYW wrote:

Well, I have a pastor in the midwest who says that all gays are going to hell, but that's not new. There are fistfights in our high school relating to gays(Although the last one was technically a lesbian, but still) , but It could be a rumor spread by my classmates.

So yes, there are radicals around here.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 9:43:03 AM
At 10/28/2013 9:21:30 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:

Well, I have a pastor in the midwest who says that all gays are going to hell, but that's not new. There are fistfights in our high school relating to gays(Although the last one was technically a lesbian, but still) , but It could be a rumor spread by my classmates.

The more I learn of the midwest, the less likely I am to ever spend any significant amount of time there.
Tsar of DDO
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 8:06:38 PM
At 10/28/2013 9:43:03 AM, YYW wrote:
At 10/28/2013 9:21:30 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:

The more I learn of the midwest, the less likely I am to ever spend any significant amount of time there.

There are a lot of lesbians and gays at my school I attend, you know what I do when I encounter them?... I say hello, hand them a Gospel tract and explain what it is, let them read it and say good day.. And I usually get a thank you or appreciate the reading you gave me... I don't tell people they're going to hell because they're gay or a lesbian I tell myself and people that were damned for hell unless we repent and believe in His Gospel of Christ saving grace and recognize who we are as people sinful! One sin is no greater than another. I recently had a person ask me why I talk to them if they know that I know they're not Christian like me. And you know what I said, I said, are we any different? Am I not just as sinfully depraved and deserving nothing more than Gods wrath in hell just like anybody else? And the person looked surprised at this because the person explained that they never encountered people who call themselves Christians and the Christians stayed talking to them once the Christians found out that they weren't Christians. But to me that arrogant and prideful if a person calls themselves Christians and then blow off the ones who are not and don't wanna be around them because of it. We're no different than anybody else but the only difference is though is we who are Christians know who we are in Gods eyes and understand our sin and have been saved and have assurance to where we will be going after this lifetime is done with. Do you know where your eternal home will be my friend?
"Good Times" ~ Max
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 8:09:57 PM

Please elaborate on the story behind this
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 8:12:17 PM
At 10/28/2013 1:00:01 AM, imabench wrote:
At 10/27/2013 10:49:36 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Let me just explain what kinda guy he is... He's Christian ... Genuinely... He doesn't just talk the talk... I've known him for a while now... Yes, we have a lot of different views and opinions on certain issues concerning the Bible, but we still agree on a lot of other things too from the Bible.. We've learned a lot from each other.. And we both consider ourselves to be close friends because we actually are.. We share personal information with each other.. Encourage each other when either of us is feeling down or got stuff on minds.. But I have to say he's way more of a good listener than I am.. He's very well known at school as the Christian guy and I'm not as popular as him, but people know me as the Christian girl though.. He shows more of a genuine care than any other guy I've ever met..

So then whats the problem?

I don't think he likes me in return though..

Ah, yes that could definitely be a problem

I'm usually good about discerning if someone likes me or not and just from being around him so much and talking to him I know for certain that he doesn't like me like that..

Ill call that into question. A large majority of guys who are friends with girls actually admit to being attracted to them.

http://www.scientificamerican.com...

Im just saying that the odds are he is attracted to you and is just REALLY GOOD at not showing it too much. But the fact that he listens to you really well and shares personal stuff with you is a clear flag that hes into you.

I was talking to him today and I'm the type of person that I analyze what comes outta peoples mouths and what actions are performed and so I was saying things to hopefully get him to tell me what exactly he sees me as without me telling him that I like him. And I know my answer. He doesn't. So I'm not gonna tell him I like him. I think it's better I didn't.

Here's the thing, I didn't know I had let myself be so drawn to him until he told me he wasn't gonna be attending that college anymore but will be going to a Bible institution seminary (or something like that) and at that moment when he told me my heart sank inside. And I felt a deep sadness come over me an it was at that moment I realized why I was feeling that way... I let him and only him get too close to me so much that I actually grew to really genuinely care about him not just as a friend or brother in Christ but as a person and someone I truly trust.. He's need given me any reason to not trust him.. And I truly believe trust is something worth something.. It's not just a simple trust but a huge trust.. Trust is something that needs to be there in marriage... But when I look at him, deep inside, I know he's not meant for me (marriage)...

Sometimes thats just the way it is, especially when youre still really young.

Yep, true this!

I know he's just meant to be a friend and a brother in Christ and only a friend and brother in Christ.. I kinda hope somehow that maybe he is the one, but again deep inside I know he's not..

So are you simply conflicted over how it probably wont work or is there something else im missing?

FYI, he doesn't know any of this either. He knows that I like "someone", but sadly he doesn't know it's him. I don't think I should tell him because I think it might ruin our friendship.

No thats horse sh*t (Pardon my language)

Trust me, it is far worse to go through your whole life and wonder what it could have been like if you and him were together for however little time you still have then to not go through with it. If you do make the leap and he does shoot you down for some reason, then at least you'll know and wont have to haunt yourself with the question of what wouldve happened if you didnt try.

So I think it's better left unsaid and better that he does leave so that it won't be too hard..

Life isnt meant about doing stuff thats easy

But, I know I do need to regain my focus because it's not where it should be.. I seriously don't know how or why I allowed myself to get so drawn to this guy when I know he's not for me.. But I will say that the woman he does marry is going to be a very blessed woman.. That should say a lot about him as a person..

Just because you dont think you'll marry him it doesnt mean you shouldnt be with him at all.

I don't date. Don't agree with dating.

I made a vow with my dad and God that I would not engage in a relationship unless it was Gods doing through my dad to lead me to marriage in whoever is brought to me..

That honestly sounds like a terrible vow to make

Why?

I only pray that the man that is brought to me is a Godly man ...

I say go for it, chances are that he is somewhat attracted to you and its far worse to not go through with it and ask yourself the 'what if' questions for the rest of your life then to take the leap.

I'm not going to... No point since I know he doesn't... But I really do appreciate your words...
"Good Times" ~ Max
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 8:12:51 PM

Ahh if only you were right...

DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 8:13:15 PM
At 10/28/2013 1:20:07 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Let me offer something of a proverb, one of my favorites, though I am going from memory, not an actual quote.

A man, looking for his faith to be restored, went out into the woods. In a prairie, he sat and contemplated if God really existed. He stood up and shouted to the skies, "Lord, if you are there, let me feel your touch!" as the wind blew his hair, he noticed nothing. "Lord, let me hear your voice!" as an eagle cried overhead, he heard nothing. "Please, Lord, give me a sign, any kind of sign that you are here!" He looked around at all the beauty that nature had there in front of him, and saw nothing.

A funnier version, if you prefer, is more towards the faith healing side. A man is sick and dying in bed. A doctor comes over and says, "we can save your life, just come to the hospital," but the man refuses and says, "If God wants me to live, he will let me live." Later that night, the man dies in his sleep. When he meets God up in heaven he asks, "Why was this my time? Why wasn't there anything more for me to do?"

"I had plenty more for you to do on Earth," God responded.

Confused, the man asked, "Then why did you let me die?"

God retorted, "Who the heck do you think called the doctor?!"

The simply moral is, you can't sit and wait "God will give me the answer." While he does give the answer, he doesn't do it in a way that says "this is God talking, do this." He works so subtly that you don't really even notice until after it is done. God isn't going to send you a text, or an email, and certainly not a PM from his DDO account, telling you explicitly what to do in this, or any situation. He is going to just give you a feeling in your heart and you will won't even know it.

Thank you for your words ... Appreciate it...
"Good Times" ~ Max