R U A Virgin?

Beverlee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 5:44:28 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/29/2013 10:28:16 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Step right up and have a vote! http://polldaddy.com...

I'm hopping in here just real quick to say that it's ok if someone is a virgin. =)
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 4:51:00 PM

Wallstreet why must you know?
Turn around, go back.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 5:52:36 PM
At 10/31/2013 4:51:00 PM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:

Wallstreet why must you know?

makes sense with all the weird sh!t he's been postin' lately
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 7:32:23 PM
It's so annoying to be asked that, because you think of it as "have you had sex before?", but the answer to that question is the opposite of whether you are a virgin or not, and it throws me off all the time.
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 7:39:03 PM

I'd be curious how many people will actually be honest. lol
Beverlee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 7:48:06 PM
At 10/31/2013 7:32:23 PM, themohawkninja wrote:
It's so annoying to be asked that, because you think of it as "have you had sex before?", but the answer to that question is the opposite of whether you are a virgin or not, and it throws me off all the time.

Wait, what?
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 7:53:56 PM
At 10/31/2013 7:48:06 PM, Beverlee wrote:

Wait, what?

What I am saying is that when I am asked "are you a virgin", it is the same question as "have you had sex before". In my case, the answer to the former question is yes, but the latter question no.

My mind tends to hear the former question, but answer the latter (or visa versa).

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
Beverlee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 9:37:58 PM
At 10/31/2013 7:53:56 PM, themohawkninja wrote:

Wait, what?

What I am saying is that when I am asked "are you a virgin", it is the same question as "have you had sex before". In my case, the answer to the former question is yes, but the latter question no.

My mind tends to hear the former question, but answer the latter (or visa versa).

Yeah ok but how can you have had sex but also be a virgin?
NightofTheLivingCats
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 9:41:20 PM

You could be having sex right now and still be a virgin in that desrciption
Beverlee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 9:46:32 PM
At 10/31/2013 9:37:58 PM, Beverlee wrote:

Wait, what?

Oh.... Wait... Former... Yes.... Latter.... OHOoohhhh......

Facepalm.
Beverlee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 9:47:57 PM
At 10/31/2013 9:46:32 PM, Beverlee wrote:

Wait, what?

Oh.... Wait... Former... Yes.... Latter.... OHOoohhhh......

Facepalm.

That was some fail sauce right there.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 11:11:16 PM
At 10/31/2013 11:06:10 PM, tulle wrote:

http://www.debate.org...

Your comments on this debate made me realize that I liked you @^_^@

That's me blushing, FYI.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 11:14:08 PM
At 10/31/2013 11:11:16 PM, Maikuru wrote:

That's me blushing, FYI.

That's so weird, I re-read my comments and they were so devoid of personality/mechanical. You like that? I guess it's a good thing my dirty talk is matter-of-fact then :p
yang.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 11:16:44 PM
At 10/31/2013 11:14:08 PM, tulle wrote:

That's me blushing, FYI.

That's so weird, I re-read my comments and they were so devoid of personality/mechanical. You like that? I guess it's a good thing my dirty talk is matter-of-fact then :p

http://3.bp.blogspot.com...
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Beverlee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2013 6:00:12 AM

That's me blushing, FYI.

well, I am hiding under the table, so. lol
Beverlee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2013 7:56:23 AM

Yea... As if talking about virginity isn't awkward enough already right? I go and face plant.

People aren't really "virgins" until sex actually becomes an option for them. That's kind of what I thought he meant. Like how Issac Newton wasn't really a virgin exactly because he was so religious - so it was never a possibility for him. Same with nuns sort of. And like with little kids... That is just default.

The way we actually use the word, we become "virgins" I think a little earlier than guys because girls mature faster.
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2013 11:06:25 AM
At 10/31/2013 9:41:20 PM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:

If I can type relatively intelligent text on a computer while having sex... well damn...

Beverlee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2013 2:22:23 PM

If I can type relatively intelligent text on a computer while having sex... well damn.

You seem so mature and comfortable with being a guy virgin, which you should be. But, do you ever get any slack from people about it? If so, how do you handle it? Like as advice for other people that may have wondered how they should act.
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2013 2:35:46 PM
At 11/1/2013 2:22:23 PM, Beverlee wrote:

If I can type relatively intelligent text on a computer while having sex... well damn.

You seem so mature and comfortable with being a guy virgin, which you should be. But, do you ever get any slack from people about it? If so, how do you handle it? Like as advice for other people that may have wondered how they should act.

Well, where I live nobody really cares much for virginity. While most of us (myself included) would like to lose it, it's not all that big of a deal if/when we do. I can't say that I've ever been made fun of for being a virgin outside of just friendly jokes in my life.

Beverlee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2013 2:54:05 PM
At 11/1/2013 2:35:46 PM, themohawkninja wrote:

Well, where I live nobody really cares much for virginity. While most of us (myself included) would like to lose it, it's not all that big of a deal if/when we do. I can't say that I've ever been made fun of for being a virgin outside of just friendly jokes in my life.

That's great! I wish more people were that understanding about it. I'm glad that people around you are generally supportive, and willing to give you your space. Are you waiting for someone special, or for religious reasons, or just waiting for the right opportunity or something?
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2013 3:01:09 PM
At 11/1/2013 2:54:05 PM, Beverlee wrote:

That's great! I wish more people were that understanding about it. I'm glad that people around you are generally supportive, and willing to give you your space. Are you waiting for someone special, or for religious reasons, or just waiting for the right opportunity or something?

Oh, it's not that high up on the moral ladder at all. I just want to date a nerdy girl who's willing to have sex without the promise of marriage, but I can either only find nerdy girls with a "no sex before marriage" policy, or very promiscuous girls that have no interest in computers/sci-fi things. I've only ever known two girls that constitute both, and they already had/have boyfriends.

Beverlee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2013 3:21:28 PM
At 11/1/2013 3:01:09 PM, themohawkninja wrote:

Oh, it's not that high up on the moral ladder at all. I just want to date a nerdy girl who's willing to have sex without the promise of marriage, but I can either only find nerdy girls with a "no sex before marriage" policy, or very promiscuous girls that have no interest in computers/sci-fi things. I've only ever known two girls that constitute both, and they already had/have boyfriends.

Ugh!! That's got to be frustrating!! lol... But how do you handle it? Like emotionally? Does it ever make you want to freak out and like, rip the ceiling fans down? I'm serious, though, how do you rationalize all of it? Are you attractive/popular/funny/eligible, etc?
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2013 3:32:02 PM
At 11/1/2013 3:21:28 PM, Beverlee wrote:

Ugh!! That's got to be frustrating!! lol... But how do you handle it? Like emotionally? Does it ever make you want to freak out and like, rip the ceiling fans down? I'm serious, though, how do you rationalize all of it? Are you attractive/popular/funny/eligible, etc?

Over the years, I have just grown apathetic towards it. If some slutty girl wants me, then I'll go for it. However, for now, I value debating on the Internet and playing GTA V over dating/sex.

Beverlee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2013 3:49:11 PM
At 11/1/2013 3:32:02 PM, themohawkninja wrote:
At 11/1/2013 3:21:28 PM, Beverlee wrote:

Over the years, I have just grown apathetic towards it. If some slutty girl wants me, then I'll go for it. However, for now, I value debating on the Internet and playing GTA V over dating/sex.

OMG I KNOW RIGHT? For me, Its Call of Duty 3 (the one where you can play the Allies or the Axis.) I beat the hell out of all the homeschoolers. (My Gamertag is a misspelling of You got beat by a girl "Ugot8eat8yagirl) But I certainly do NOT prefer that over dating. I just try very hard to just not think about it. To make matters worse I meet people all the time! (I am a waitress at work) Just nothing that will ever work out. And I'm not a snob - I lose my heart all the time. Just... nothing. (pouts)
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2013 3:58:17 PM
At 10/31/2013 5:55:17 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
WSA happens to be quite insane.

Ya what happened to the WSA who argued politics and economics
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler