Jump to topic:

How do I ...

Ver
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 4:10:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
tell my boyfriend of almost 1 year that I'm bisexual?
"I want a boy who would hold my hand in line at the mall & make all the girls jealous. I want someone who would sing to me at random moments. Someone who is more goofy than romantic. A guy who would make fun of me just to hear my laugh. A guy who would buy 10 thousand disposable cameras and take silliest pictures with. Someone to lay cuddled up on a blanket at night watching the night stars. But mostly; someone who would be my best friend & would never break my heart. He would just make me smile
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 4:19:23 PM
At 10/31/2013 4:10:28 PM, Ver wrote:

Girl: "Hey, I just thought you ought to know that I'm into girls too."

Boy: "Sweet!"

There, easy as that.
Tsar of DDO
Ver
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 4:22:12 PM
At 10/31/2013 4:19:23 PM, YYW wrote:

There, easy as that.

I dunno, I have been bi since before we started dating and I was afraid to tell him. I just don't want to ruin whats between us.
"I want a boy who would hold my hand in line at the mall & make all the girls jealous. I want someone who would sing to me at random moments. Someone who is more goofy than romantic. A guy who would make fun of me just to hear my laugh. A guy who would buy 10 thousand disposable cameras and take silliest pictures with. Someone to lay cuddled up on a blanket at night watching the night stars. But mostly; someone who would be my best friend & would never break my heart. He would just make me smile
Ver
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 4:22:50 PM
At 10/31/2013 4:12:01 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
It depends. Is your name Gloria?

uhhh noooooo
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 4:23:59 PM
At 10/31/2013 4:22:50 PM, Ver wrote:

uhhh noooooo

All right, I'll never talk to you again.
Ver
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 4:25:06 PM
At 10/31/2013 4:23:59 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

uhhh noooooo

troll ....
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 4:25:41 PM
At 10/31/2013 4:25:06 PM, Ver wrote:

uhhh noooooo

troll ....

no u
Ver
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 4:27:10 PM
At 10/31/2013 4:25:41 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 10/31/2013 4:25:06 PM, Ver wrote:

uhhh noooooo

troll ....

no u

well your the one asking me what my name is when im concerned about what to tell my boyfriend XC
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 4:28:58 PM

If he doesn't like the fact that you are bisexual, then leave him. People need to accept others the way they are.
Ashton
Ver
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 4:30:13 PM
At 10/31/2013 4:28:58 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:

If he doesn't like the fact that you are bisexual, then leave him. People need to accept others the way they are.

true, but we've been so far with eachother. I cant imagine my life with out him. I dunno he's the first guy I've been in a good relationship with.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 4:48:34 PM
At 10/31/2013 4:46:37 PM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:
From what I have observed, alcohol tends to work in these kinds of situations.

I'll give it a go.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 6:01:11 PM
At 10/31/2013 4:30:13 PM, Ver wrote:
At 10/31/2013 4:28:58 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:

true, but we've been so far with eachother. I cant imagine my life with out him. I dunno he's the first guy I've been in a good relationship with.

just straight up tell him. but bird has a point if he can't except it then its not meant to be. plus not to be a downer, but most highschool relationships don't last long. most not all
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 7:56:01 PM
If applicable, showing him hot picture of your past girlfriends would be a plus.

If not, then just straight up (no pun intended) say it.
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 8:01:02 PM
At 10/31/2013 4:22:12 PM, Ver wrote:
At 10/31/2013 4:19:23 PM, YYW wrote:

There, easy as that.

I dunno, I have been bi since before we started dating and I was afraid to tell him. I just don't want to ruin whats between us.

Here's the thing. If you told him you were an outright lesbian, that might make him upset... obviously. But that you're bisexual? That's far less problematic.
Tsar of DDO
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2013 4:30:29 PM
If he's anything like most guys I've met, he'll not only have no problem with you being bi, but he'll probably like it. :p Don't worry, if this relationship is in any way important to him, he'll find a way to deal with it if it really does bother him. Just tell him.
Beverlee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2013 8:03:41 PM
At 11/1/2013 4:30:29 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
If he's anything like most guys I've met, he'll not only have no problem with you being bi, but he'll probably like it. :p Don't worry, if this relationship is in any way important to him, he'll find a way to deal with it if it really does bother him. Just tell him.

This is great advice. It is exactly what I would do. The only real question is how to bring it up.

In my case, I was closeted for a long time. I seriously lied to everyone I knew, and respected, and some people that I loved with all my heart. When they found out, I was a pariah. Nobody had any respect for me at all. The worst thing you can do, in my opinion, is lie to him after he has stood by you for so long. Besides, most guys LOVE talking about girls with girls... they get a real kick out of it! lol... I think it will be like he is discovering a whole new facet of you that I can't imagine he won't cherish and value.

He is basically winning a lottery ticket, if you ask me. If it bothers him - he was never in love with "you" in the first place. So you have nothing to lose, and a lot to gain =)

The good news is: there are TONSA great ways to break it to him. Here is what I would do: Ask him who his celebrity crush is. Tell him you give him permission to sleep with any one celebrity, and make him tell you who she is. Then you tell him (because he will want to know) ... that you had the SAME CRUSH on the SAME ACTRESS for a while! (act all amazed... like wow! what a coincidence...)

He will be eating out of your hand...lol
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2013 10:42:03 PM
At 11/1/2013 8:03:41 PM, Beverlee wrote:
The good news is: there are TONSA great ways to break it to him. Here is what I would do: Ask him who his celebrity crush is. Tell him you give him permission to sleep with any one celebrity, and make him tell you who she is. Then you tell him (because he will want to know) ... that you had the SAME CRUSH on the SAME ACTRESS for a while! (act all amazed... like wow! what a coincidence...)

Lol, great idea. And yes, he will be eating out of your hand. Or any other random thing you may ask of him. Seriously, the vast majority of guys love bi girls.

Oh yeah and my boyfriend and I (he's bi too but that's irrelevant) both had a crush on Morticia Addams apparently. Dunno how that happens (what are the odds?!) but it does.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 12:59:32 AM

So would you be interested in a threesome w/ another girl?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Beverlee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 1:13:13 AM
At 11/1/2013 10:42:03 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

Lol, great idea. And yes, he will be eating out of your hand. Or any other random thing you may ask of him. Seriously, the vast majority of guys love bi girls.

Oh yeah and my boyfriend and I (he's bi too but that's irrelevant) both had a crush on Morticia Addams apparently. Dunno how that happens (what are the odds?!) but it does.

...Morticia Addams... (snap snap)... yeah, I think I can see that. She is cute vampy in an authoritative kind of way. You mean the Carolyn Jones version? http://www.imdb.com...

My celeb crush is TOTALLY Ronda Rousey! It would be sooooo wonderful to have her come home from the gym all sore and I would get to doctor her up and have supper ready when she got home, and... (daydreaming...)

(Snap out of it!)

Yeah, if I were giving advice, I would just say that as a rule of thumb, NEVER disguise yourself much to a prospect. You really need to see if they will forgive your sicknesses, ugly spots, meanstreaks and lazy days. Finding out if you can have "off days" with them, when you just are not on your game, is a top priority. This goes for things like your "number," your history, and what you hope you will get out of your future life together.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 3:43:00 AM

What does it matter?
I am not trying to be disrespectful, but why does it matter that you are bi, you have chosen him, so what's the big deal?

Does bisexual mean something that I am unaware of?
The only reason I can see this as a big deal is:
1. He is asking you about past relationships
2. He has an issue with bisexuals

Other than those, I don't see why it matters enough to disclose it.
On the other hand, I don't see why it should disgust him or anything, since you have chosen him.
My work here is, finally, done.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 4:59:21 PM
At 11/2/2013 1:13:13 AM, Beverlee wrote:
At 11/1/2013 10:42:03 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

...Morticia Addams... (snap snap)... yeah, I think I can see that. She is cute vampy in an authoritative kind of way. You mean the Carolyn Jones version? http://www.imdb.com...

Oh yeah, definitely her version *melts*

My celeb crush is TOTALLY Ronda Rousey! It would be sooooo wonderful to have her come home from the gym all sore and I would get to doctor her up and have supper ready when she got home, and... (daydreaming...)

I had never even heard of her before so I had to Google her, but yeah... she's very good looking...

(Snap out of it!)

Yeah, if I were giving advice, I would just say that as a rule of thumb, NEVER disguise yourself much to a prospect. You really need to see if they will forgive your sicknesses, ugly spots, meanstreaks and lazy days. Finding out if you can have "off days" with them, when you just are not on your game, is a top priority. This goes for things like your "number," your history, and what you hope you will get out of your future life together.

Exactly. I'm not saying to show up wearing pajamas to your first date or anything, but if you catch yourself being someone you're not around anyone, you really have to reevaluate that if you think you might spend a lot of time with them. Not going to lie, I have a lot of baggage and a fvcked-up past. It's not something I told him about when I fist met him, but I didn't refuse to spend the night at his house on the chance that I'd have a horrible nightmare and he'd find out about it. Just tell him that you're bi. You can do something silly like the famous-person crush thing, you can tell him in a more serious way, whatever works for you so you can tell him.
Beverlee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 7:53:35 PM
Exactly. I'm not saying to show up wearing pajamas to your first date or anything, but if you catch yourself being someone you're not around anyone, you really have to reevaluate that if you think you might spend a lot of time with them. Not going to lie, I have a lot of baggage and a fvcked-up past. It's not something I told him about when I fist met him, but I didn't refuse to spend the night at his house on the chance that I'd have a horrible nightmare and he'd find out about it. Just tell him that you're bi. You can do something silly like the famous-person crush thing, you can tell him in a more serious way, whatever works for you so you can tell him.

I always like to go with upbeat if I can! lol... but I would like some baggage. I am baggage-free, and its not really very much fun. The grass is greener...

... but lying is awful, especially to your "other" who needs to be there for you.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 11:46:36 PM
At 11/4/2013 9:16:16 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Am I weird for thinking of this song every time I see this thread title?

No. Just old.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2013 9:30:22 PM
At 11/4/2013 7:53:35 PM, Beverlee wrote:

I always like to go with upbeat if I can! lol... but I would like some baggage. I am baggage-free, and its not really very much fun. The grass is greener...

Lol, what I wouldn't give to get rid of my baggage... I'm currently in therapy, the psychologist says I probably have some repressed memories. Just go for a moderate amount of baggage :p

... but lying is awful, especially to your "other" who needs to be there for you.

This, 100000x over. Sometimes things are hard to say. But it is absolutely worth it and necessary to do so.