Jump to topic:

Is Sex Overrated *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2013 10:06:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Now of course we know that sex is only natural and that we are all human beings. I believe that the so called sexual revolution was
a big scam. And that history proves to us that Men and Women often engaged in unorthodoxed acts of intimacy long long ago. It has been commercialized, yes.
But no revolutionary stuff here kids. So does this mean that sex itself is overrated ?
Well you might wanna see this link below for more details. Youre gonna like
what you see. What do ya think now. =)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
SCHUMAN8R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2013 4:27:10 PM
Well this is an opinion that certain people have. I am sure it all comes down to the person being polled for it. I am not going to share my personal opinions on this topic but I am sure most people would rather have sex than those things.
Can't touch this!
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2013 6:16:11 PM
I really don't know. I've heard that whores aren't usually very good, but I genuinely don't know how sex would feel. How is it? I'd like to hear from someone who recently started.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2013 9:52:40 AM
At 11/6/2013 8:39:42 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
Sex in general is overrated. Really good sex is not overrated at all.

Your answer it amazing. Thank you very much Andromeda Z for that short but definitive response. =)
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2013 10:06:32 PM
At 11/7/2013 9:52:40 AM, inferno wrote:

Your answer it amazing. Thank you very much Andromeda Z for that short but definitive response. =)

My answer isn't amazing, I am.This is the ruler of the universe you're taking to :p
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2013 10:13:47 PM
At 11/7/2013 10:06:32 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

My answer isn't amazing, I am.This is the ruler of the universe you're taking to :p

I definitely agreed with your original statement.... but ruling the universe sounds like a pain in the butt. I do appreciate you continuing to allows us to exist though. That's pretty cool of ya.
Debate.org Moderator
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2013 11:24:46 PM
At 11/7/2013 10:13:47 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

I definitely agreed with your original statement.... but ruling the universe sounds like a pain in the butt. I do appreciate you continuing to allows us to exist though. That's pretty cool of ya.

Yeah, i like having people around to make things interesting. You're like 24/7 tv lol.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2013 11:32:35 PM
At 11/7/2013 11:24:46 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

Yeah, i like having people around to make things interesting. You're like 24/7 tv lol.

haha well whatever it takes to delay our destruction... I'll do my best to remain entertaining (like that stuff I did last weekend, I hope you enjoyed that).. though I personally think reality TV is lame :P
Debate.org Moderator
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2013 12:21:41 AM
At 11/7/2013 11:32:35 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

haha well whatever it takes to delay our destruction... I'll do my best to remain entertaining (like that stuff I did last weekend, I hope you enjoyed that)..

Storytime. Your ruler of the universe needs a bedtime story! Or to just get off the internet and fvcking go to bed already, but that is not going to happen.
though I personally think reality TV is lame :P

Exactly, that's why I need you. ...what, did ya think reality tv was anything close to reality? :P
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2013 12:30:48 AM
At 11/8/2013 12:21:41 AM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 11/7/2013 11:32:35 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

haha well whatever it takes to delay our destruction... I'll do my best to remain entertaining (like that stuff I did last weekend, I hope you enjoyed that)..

Storytime. Your ruler of the universe needs a bedtime story! Or to just get off the internet and fvcking go to bed already, but that is not going to happen.

haha I don't want to end up having to delete my own posts. But I also don't want to get smitten... Let me give this request some thought.

though I personally think reality TV is lame :P

Exactly, that's why I need you. ...what, did ya think reality tv was anything close to reality? :P

I always figured reality was a bit too scripted. Each episode of my life works out overly conveniently, and I'm clearly far too witty not to have someone writing the things that I say... So it all makes sense now... Though I'll do my best to continue to look surprised so it doesn't ruin the entertainment value of watching our lives.
Debate.org Moderator
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2013 11:03:03 AM

I must agree. Now you know why you are perhaps one of my most favorite people in all of DDO. And that my friend is the truth. =)
Idealist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2013 10:40:55 PM
At 11/6/2013 10:06:17 AM, inferno wrote:
Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Now of course we know that sex is only natural and that we are all human beings. I believe that the so called sexual revolution was
a big scam. And that history proves to us that Men and Women often engaged in unorthodoxed acts of intimacy long long ago. It has been commercialized, yes.
But no revolutionary stuff here kids. So does this mean that sex itself is overrated ?

Hmmm . . . interesting article. I think it's pretty obvious that the value of sex decreases in proportion to age and availability, but overall I do think sex is overrated.
Wren_cyborg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 7:20:01 PM
That article was horrible. Oh my God was it bad. Baby Jesus, save my eyes!

I don't know where to start. For one thing, we are comparing "sex" and not considering things like
- some people enjoy sex a lot more than others
- casual sex versus making love
- importance of sex at different ages
- importance of sex to different cultures (e.g., Chinese people generally hate sex)

And then they go on to compare sex to things that are no better than addictions. Sex versus caffeine? Cellphones? Why don't you go ask a cocaine-addict if she'd like sex or more cocaine and then use that as reasoning that we don't like sex that much? Inferno, me's hoping this is just a big joke and you are laughing at those who take this all seriously. Besides, most of the women who took this survey haven't met me - and they don't call me "cyborg" for nothing (-_q)
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 12:49:16 PM
At 11/8/2013 10:40:55 PM, Idealist wrote:

Hmmm . . . interesting article. I think it's pretty obvious that the value of sex decreases in proportion to age and availability, but overall I do think sex is overrated.

The value of sex ? Please explain this to me if you will. I wanna hear more.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 12:52:49 PM

I think this might be different for guys. I know, at least, it is for me.
Tsar of DDO
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 12:54:49 PM
At 11/12/2013 12:52:49 PM, YYW wrote:

What are you. Male or female. Apparently some here have an identity crisis.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 12:59:44 PM
At 11/12/2013 12:54:49 PM, inferno wrote:
At 11/12/2013 12:52:49 PM, YYW wrote:

What are you. Male or female. Apparently some here have an identity crisis.

I'm a guy. Surprise! lol
Tsar of DDO
Idealist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 1:59:03 PM
At 11/12/2013 12:49:16 PM, inferno wrote:

I mean that a person's own sex-drive diminishes with age, but also with availability, such as when married men start avoiding sex because it loses its novelty. Sex is much more appealing when it becomes less available. Believe me, I spent two years isolated from women in the Army. For both psychological and physical reasons, the loss of appeal decreases "value," or what a person is willing to exchange for the act of sex. :)
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 2:08:51 PM
At 11/12/2013 1:59:03 PM, Idealist wrote:

I mean that a person's own sex-drive diminishes with age, but also with availability, such as when married men start avoiding sex because it loses its novelty. Sex is much more appealing when it becomes less available. Believe me, I spent two years isolated from women in the Army. For both psychological and physical reasons, the loss of appeal decreases "value," or what a person is willing to exchange for the act of sex. :)

I believe that ones ideology and lifestyle play a significant part in how and individual feels about sex as they grow older.
Idealist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 2:29:47 PM
At 11/12/2013 2:08:51 PM, inferno wrote:

I believe that ones ideology and lifestyle play a significant part in how and individual feels about sex as they grow older.

You're probably right, but the things I said about people's sexual behavior have become so accepted that they are widely treated as common cliches', especially in books and movies.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 2:34:24 PM
At 11/12/2013 2:29:47 PM, Idealist wrote:
At 11/12/2013 2:08:51 PM, inferno wrote:

You're probably right, but the things I said about people's sexual behavior have become so accepted that they are widely treated as common cliches', especially in books and movies.

That's a good point. I think its devalued when it is done out of balance or in a state of overindulgence.